Math Project for Class 8: Working on projects plays an integral role in shaping up a child’s psychological skill. Also, project work aids in a child’s overall development. Project-based learning is said to help children in thinking critically, better communication, and cooperation. Maths project for CBSE Grade 8 has a similar benefit. It encourages a child to dwell deep into the subject, which otherwise tends to scare children. Working on Math Project for Class 8 will open doors for knowledge flow and better retention.
According to the Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) 2018, an appalling 61% of 8th Class students fail to perform a simple division owing to the lack of practical experiments. Here, involvement in Math Project for Class 8 will help students clear their basics and develop the required skills.
Math Project For Class 8
The learning scenario has changed over time, from books to e-books, reading to watching videos, classroom tests to online tests. The internet has changed the way we do things and now you can do anything from anywhere. Getting yourself involved in the process makes learning much easier and creative. Maths is a subject which when applied in real life certainly becomes very easy to understand and comprehend. It is for this reason projects play a very important role in Maths.
CBSE Class 8 has Maths projects included in it. Students can plan a project based on the syllabus of CBSE Class 8 Maths.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Maths is mentioned below:
- a. Rational Numbers
- b. Linear Equations in One Variable
- c. Understanding Quadrilaterals
- d. Practical Geometry
- e. Data Handling
- f. Squares and Square Roots
- g. Cubes and Cube Roots
- h. Comparing Quantities
- i. Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- j. Visualizing Solid Shapes
- k. Mensuration
- l. Exponents and Powers
- m. Direct and Inverse Proportions
- n. Factorization
- o. Introduction to Graphs
- p. Playing with Numbers
Math Project For Class 8: List Of Project Ideas
We get you a list of Math Project ideas for Class 8 below:
Dice Roll — Probability
Probability is used in our day to day life where we predict the chances of occurrence of various events like – today it “might rain”, we “may do this”, “without fail”, “this will surely happen” and others.
Things Required: A Dice, Colour Pens, A4 Sheet.
- 1st Step: On the A4 Sheet draw 6 columns with numbers from 1 to 6 using different colored pens
- 2nd Step: Roll the dice one by one 6 times and keep on ticking the column for the number which is rolled. Example: if you get a 3, tick under column 3; if you get a 1, tick under 1, and so on.
- 3rd Step: After the last roll, look at the results and note them down at the back of the sheet.
- 4th Step: List down the questions, such as the number that appeared the most, number that appeared the least, the number that didn’t appear, and others.
- 5th Step: Calculate probability based on the data that you have gathered, and arrange it in a tabular form.
Cardboard House for your Pet — Surface Area & Volumes, Types of Angles, Conic Sections
The concepts used in this project will help you level up your knowledge on the subject and apply the concepts in successfully completing the project.
Things Required: Cardboard Boxes, A Pair of Scissors, Fevicol.
- 1st Step: Make calculations based on the type of house you want. Use the formulas learned in the Surface Area & Volumes chapter.
- 2nd Step: Using Conic Sections and Types of Angles theorems and concepts. Do the markings on the cardboard.
- 3rd Step: Cut the cardboard box based on the type of house you want. It could be the very basic one you see in cartoons, could be square shaped or could be a combination of different shapes.
- 4th Step: After cutting, make sure to stick the pieces together in the required format step by step.
- 5th Step: Let the Glue dry overnight.
- 6th Step: Do calculations for different sections of the house and arrange them in a tabular form.
A) Curved Surface Area (CSA) and Total Surface Area (TSA)
C) Area of Four Walls
Other Math Project for Class 8
Maths projects have been included by CBSE in the summative and formative classes. Teachers can assess the students based on the project or an open-book assessment. Projects can be high order questions, case studies or live models. Around 10-15% of marks are allotted to these projects.
Furthermore, you can look for the following chapters to gather ideas for the project depending on your comfort level with the topics.
Six Best Math Projects Class 8
- Using Square and Cube Roots
- Quadratic Equation – Angry Birds Project
- Visualizing Solid Shapes
- Playing with Numbers
- Detective Quiz using Quadrilaterals 6)
- Pie-Chart Model for Daily Activities
You can use the above-mentioned ideas or be more creative to create a combination of the above or a whole new idea for your class 8 math project. The projects will improve your knowledge and help to make the subject easier. It will also help you solve NCERT Class 8 Maths questions easily. You can participate in International Mathematics Olympiads (IMO) or you can help your brother/sister get familiar with the concepts for the class in which they are studying and make your parents proud.
Frequently Asked Question On Maths Project For Class 8
Here are some FAQs on Math Project that students generally search:
A: You can look for some of the best Maths project ideas from this article.
A: A good Maths project is one that helps a student in understanding and demonstrating the concepts used in it with ease and effectiveness.
A: You can use the below-given chapters/topics to create your Maths project:
Squares and Square Roots
Cubes and Cube Roots
Algebraic Expressions and Identities
Visualizing Solid Shapes
Exponents and Powers
Direct and Inverse Proportions
Introduction to Graphs
Playing with Numbers and more.
Now you have a detailed article on Maths Project for Class 8. We hope you do not fall short of ideas. Refer to the Maths project ideas for Class 8 mentioned above and you are set to go. Take the Class 8 Maths mock tests for free on Embibe to boost your preparation for the exam. Taking the foundation test and referring to the above-mentioned ideas for Math projects for Class 8 will help you in achieving the best of results.
If you have any queries regarding this article on Maths Project for Class 8, do let us know about it in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.171 Views