NATA 2020: The Council of Architecture (COA) has announced NATA 2020 Phase 2 exam date. The last date to apply for 2nd Test is 6th September 2020 (12:00 Noon). NATA Phase 2 is scheduled to be conducted on September 12, 2020. As the first test of NATA 2020 was successfully conducted on August 29, the registration for the second test has been made active by the officials.
As per NATA 2020 notification, aspirants will be given an opportunity to appear for the exam either from their home or from the allotted centre, whatever suits them best. This article will prove helpful for candidates who are willing to attempt NATA exam this year. In this article, we will get you complete information regarding NATA 2020 exam along with the important dates, admit card, new exam pattern & syllabus, eligibility, and more. Continue reading this article to know more about the NATA 2020.
- – (i). NATA Result for the first test has been announced on September 4, 2020.
- – (ii). The second test of NATA 2020 will now be held on September 12. Candidates can make the registrations till September 6, 2020 (12:00 Noon).
NATA 2020 Exam: Overview
Before we get into the details of NATA 2020, let’s have a quick overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2020|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (COA)|
|Frequency||Twice in a Year|
|Sections||Section-1: Maths & General Aptitude|
|Medium of the Exam||English|
|Mode of Application||Online|
NATA 2020 Phase 2 Exam Date
In this section, we will be mentioning the important dates for NATA 2020. These will prove to be quite useful in tracking the different events of the exam:
|Events||Important Dates (First Attempt)||Important Dates (Second Attempt)|
|Availability of NATA 2020 Application Form||July 25, 2020||Ongoing|
|Last Date to Register||August 16, 2020||September 6, 2020 (12:00 Noon)|
|Last Date to Upload Images||August 16, 2020||September 6, 2020 (12:00 Noon)|
|Form Correction Window (For Already registered candidates)||July 25 to August 16, 2020||To be notified soon|
|Availability of NATA 2020 Admit Card||August 24, 2020||September 7, 2020|
|Date and Time of Examination|
August 29, 2020 (Announced)
Session 1 – 10 AM to 12 Noon
Session 2 – 12:30 pm to 2:30 PM
September 12, 2020
|Declaration of NATA Result||September 4, 2020||September 17, 2020|
What’s New In NATA 2020?
From this year onwards, NATA has undergone some major changes related to the exam pattern and syllabus. Given below are some changes that have been announced by the officials.
- – The number of questions asked in the Drawing section has been increased. While in the aptitude section, the questions asked in the exam have been reduced. There is a revised marking scheme of 1.5 marks for MCQ questions of Aptitude and Reasoning.
- – The syllabus has also been gone through some major changes.
NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the NATA 2020 eligibility criteria before they apply for the application form.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in higher secondary or 10+2 Diploma in any stream with Mathematics as one subject.
- There is no specified age limit to register for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 examination with PCM or 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics in the current year may also provisionally appear for NATA-2020, subject to fulfilling the above criteria.
- No direct lateral entry is allowed in the NATA exam.
- There is no reservation in NATA.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to First Year B.Arch Course
Candidates should have:
- Qualified through the recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2020.
- Gone through any of the following curricula with marks as prescribed below:
- – Secured at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination; OR,
- – Passed 10+3 diploma examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Candidates may note that no direct lateral admission is allowed at any other year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
NATA 2020 Application Form
As NATA 2020 first test has already been conducted on August 29, the registrations for the second test is now active till September 6, 2020 (12:00 Noon). For the candidates who have registered for both the attempts, they will be provided with two scorecards and the best mark is considered to be valid.
The officials of COA have released the information brochure on the official website and students who want to appear for the exam must carefully read the information brochure before filling the NATA application form. NATA Application Form is filled up in two stages. You can follow the steps below in order to successfully fill NATA 2020 Application form.
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of NATA: nata.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the “NATA-2020 Registration” button and this will be directed to the login page.
- – 3rd Step: Now click on “Sign Up” on the login page.
- – 4th Step: Fill up with the necessary information in the respective fields.
- – 5th Step: Now click on sign up and your User Registration Account will be created.
- – 1st Step: After successful signup, log in with your credentials.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the “Apply Now” button and you will be directed to Application Form.
- – 3rd Step: Enter the necessary details and upload the required documents.
- – 4th Step: Click on preview and check your details.
- – 5th Step: Now click on “Submit” and the page will be directed to Payment Gateway Page.
- – 6th Step: Process the application fee and once the fee is processed, the confirmation page will be displayed. Students are advised to take a screenshot of the confirmation page for future reference.
Documents To Be Uploaded
- Photograph: The minimum storage size of a photo must be around 4KB & the maximum size should be 100KB. The height of the image should be 4.5cm and the width of the image should be 3.5cm.
- Signature: The minimum storage size of a signature must be around 1KB & the maximum size should be 30KB. The height of the image should be 1.5cm & the width of the image should be 3.5cm.
NATA 2020 Application Fees
The NATA application form fee details are tabulated below. These details are mentioned in the official NATA 2020 brochure:
|Category||Fee (One Attempt)||Fee (Both Attempts)|
NOTE: The application form fee can be paid via Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking. The registration procedure is the same for both attempts. So the candidates who wish to take the NATA exam for any attempts should follow the procedure as above to register themselves successfully.
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
NATA exam pattern has been revised for this year. You can check NATA Revised Exam Pattern below:
|Section||Questions x Marks||Total Marks|
|Drawing||2 Questions x 35 Marks|
1 Question x 55 Marks
|PCM||15 Questions x 1.5 Marks||22.5|
|General Aptitude||35 Questions x 1.5 Marks||52.5|
NATA Syllabus 2020
The Revised NATA Syllabus for each section of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry as well as for the Drawing Test can be checked from the below link.
NATA 2020 Hall Ticket
In order to appear for NATA, students must carry their NATA Admit Card. NATA hall ticket for the second attempt will be released tentatively on September 7, 2020. Students can download their hall ticket from the official website by logging in with their credentials. Candidates are advised to keep the hall ticket safe in undamaged condition. The admit cards will mention the details of whether you will be taking the remotely or at the allotted centres.
Along with the admit card, candidates are also supposed to carry any of the following Photo ID Proof:
- Voter ID
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
NATA 2020 Answer Key
As the NATA first test has already been successfully conducted, the officials will soon release the NATA Answer Key. Students can download the answer key from the official website of NATA. They can tally their scores and match with the response sheet to get their probable NATA 2020 scores in the examination.
NATA 2020 Result
COA announces the NATA results for each attempt separately only on the official website. Students have to log in with their credentials in order to view their results. NATA Result for first test has been published on September 4 in the form of a scorecard, which will display the marks scored by the candidates. Candidates are advised to take printouts of the NATA 2020 result for future counselling procedures.
NATA 2020 Cutoff
Along with the scorecard, the officials announce the NATA Cutoff. Candidates must clear the cutoff announced by the board officials in order to appear for NATA Counselling. NATA cutoff is tabulated below:
|MCQ||Min 25% (30/120)|
|Cognitive Skills Test||Min 25% (20/80)|
|Overall Qualifying||Will be decided by board officials|
NATA 2020 Counselling & Admission Procedures
Candidates who clear the NATA cutoffs released by COA will be called for counselling. In order to appear for counselling, candidates will have to fill up the NATA counselling form.
The exam authorities of NATA will not conduct the counselling process. Each college or institute will organize their own counselling. So, after the declaration of results, candidates must apply online at the websites of the respective institutes to appear for the counselling process of the institute.
NATA 2020 Participating Institutes
The followings are the participating institutions under NATA:
- School of Architecture, CSI Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh
- Guwahati College of Architecture, Assam
- Angel Valley School of Architecture, Chhattisgarh
- Faculty of Architecture, College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh
- Institute of Architecture, Gujarat
- College of Architecture, Holy Mary Institute of Technology & Sciences, Andhra Pradesh
- Dignity College of Architecture, Chhattisgarh
- S.A.R. College of Architecture, Andhra Pradesh
- College of Architecture, Vastu Kala Academy, New Delhi
- Sri Venkateswara College of Architecture, Hyderabad
Important FAQs Related To NATA 2020
Some of the important FAQs regarding the NATA exam are mentioned in this section.
Ans: This year, the first shift of the NATA exam was held on August 29, 2020. While the second test is scheduled to be conducted on September 12, 2020.
Ans: There will be no negative marking scheme for incorrect answers. For MCQ, there will be 1.5 marks awarded for every correct answer. As the officials have revised the exam pattern for NATA 2020, you know the complete details about the NATA Pattern and marking scheme here.
Ans: Candidates have the freedom to appear for both the attempts of NATA 2020 either from their places of residence or at the allotted Council centres in case they do not have internet connectivity or other issues.
Ans: You can attempt free NATA Mock Test at Embibe.
Ans: Your NATA admit card will be available only on the official website. You have to log in to your portal and download your hall ticket.
Now that you are provided with all the information regarding NATA 2020, it’s time to focus on your NATA preparation. As the Mathematics syllabus of NATA has topics that are there in the syllabus of higher secondary Mathematics, students can solve Class 11-12 Maths Questions for free on Embibe. These will be of great help to aspirants in their preparation. You can also go for free NATA Mock Test for effective preparation.
We hope this article helps you. If you have any doubts regarding NATA 2020, drop your comments below. We will surely help you in the best possible way. Embibe wishes you good luck for the exam!651 Views