Notice Writing Format: Notice Writing is nothing but an announcement or piece of information in the form of Notice. Generally, notices are published in newspapers, banners, magazines, and other publications. The notice which is printed in any publications is meant for only a selected group of people. Since the notice represents a formal announcement or information, the language and the tone used while writing a notice should be always formal.
So, students who are looking for Notice Writing Format can refer to this post. In this post, we have provided you with all the necessary information regarding how to write a notice, what rules need to be followed while writing a notice with notice writing examples and topics. Read on to find out more.
Notice Writing Format: Format Of Notice Writing
The following format should be used while writing a Notice.
- Name of the Notice Issuing Organization (Agency or School).
- Notice Release Date
- Title or Subject of Notice
- Body of the Notice
- Authorization Signature
Format Of Notice Writing
Here is the format of notice writing:
| Name of the Notice issuing School/Institution/Organization |
Notice Issue Date
Title or Subject of Notice
Body of the Notice: In the content or body you will have to write a notice which consists of the following things.
(c) Target group
Name & Designation
Notice Writing Format Class 12: Marking Scheme
Notice writing questions are found in the CBSE English Question Paper under Section-B. In order to score full marks in the notice writing section, students should know the marking scheme or marks distribution for each parameter. Marks distribution for Notice Writing for Class 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 are given below:
|Title, Notice, Notice Issuing Date||1 mark|
|Subject, Content Body (Why, Where, When, Whom)||2 marks|
|Tone, Expression, Grammar, Accuracy||2 marks|
Notice Writing Examples
In the following section, we have provided Notice Writing topics that were asked in previous year’s board exams. Going through the following Notice Writing Samples, you will get a fair idea of how to draft notice in your exams.
Notice Writing Format Class 12, Question 1: The Principal, Sunshine Public School, Dindigul has invited the Inspector of Police (Traffic) to deliver a lecture on ‘Road Safety’ in her school. Draft a notice in about 50 words informing the students to assemble in the school auditorium. (All India 2017).
| Sunshine Public School, Dindigul|
10th February 2021
Lecture on Road Safety
Our school has invited Mr. Ram Kumar, the Inspector of Police (Traffic) to deliver a lecture on Road Safety in our school on 15th March from 10:00 AM to 11:30 PM. All students are requested to assemble in the school auditorium with their respective class teachers before 10:00 AM.
Sunshine Public School
Notice Writing Format Class 12, Question 2: As a librarian, Moonlight Public School, Surat, write a notice in about 50 words informing the students of a book exhibition which is going to be organized in your school on Teacher’s Day. (All India 2016)
| Moonlight Public School, Surat|
22nd August 2020
Book Exhibition on Teacher’s Day
On the occasion of Teacher’s Day, our school is organizing a book exhibition in the school auditorium on 5th September 2020 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Our school library is offering a 50% discount on MRP on the purchase of books at the book exhibition.
Sunshine Public School
Notice Writing Format Class 12, Question 3: Yesterday, during lunch break you misplaced your notes on Chemistry lectures. You want to get them back. Write a notice in about 50 words for the school notice board. You are Karuna/Karan, a student of class XII A. (All India 2016).
| XYZ School|
11th April 202X,
Misplacement of Chemistry Notes
This is to inform all students and staff that I lost my Chemistry notes during the lunch break in our school lawn area. The notes have a green cover. If anyone finds it, please return them to XII-A mentor or simply drop them in the XII-A dropbox.
Important Notice Writing Tips
Few important notice writing tips which will help you while writing a notice are listed below:
- Mention “NOTICE” while writing a Notice
- Always write a notice in the box
- Use only formal language to write a notice
- Don’t forget to mention the notice issuing organizations name
- Keep your heading/title/subject line short but meaningful
- Mention the target group for whom the notice is applicable
- Specify the date, venue, time on the notice
- Always end the notice with the signature and name of the notice issuing person
Notice Writing Topics
The Notice Writing questions which were asked in CBSE Class 12 board exams in the past are listed below:
- As Principal of Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, Lucknow, draft notice in not more than 50 words informing students of the change in school timings with effect from the 1st of October. State valid reasons for the change.
- You are Secretary of the History Club of Vidya Mandir School. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words informing students of a proposed visit to some important historical sites in your city.
- As Sports Secretary of G.D.G. Public School, Pune, draft notice in not more than 50 words for your school notice board informing the students about the sale of old sports goods of your school. You are Rohini/Rohit.
- You have found an expensive geometry box in the school playground. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words for the school notice board. You are Ra’Rani, Class XII, Angel School, Faridabad.
- Due to a sudden landslide and inclement weather, St. Francis School, Vasco has to be closed for a week. As Principal of that school, draft notice in not more than 50 words to be displayed at the school main gate notice board.
- You are Secretary of J.P. Narain Housing Society, R.W.A., Meerut. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words stating that the second installment of maintenance charges falls due on 31st March 2011, and requesting the members to pay before the due date. Sign as Anil/Anita.
- You are Scout Master/Guide Captain of K.R. Sagar Public School, Mysore. You have decided to send a troop of scouts and guides of your school to the jamboree to be held at Lucknow for a week. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words to be placed on the school notice board inviting the names of those scouts and guides who are interested to participate in the jamboree. Invent the necessary details.
- You are Sports Secretary of Lalwani Public School, Udaipur. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words for your school notice board asking the students to give their names for participation in various events to be held on the Annual Sports Day of your school. Invent the details of the events. Sign as Lalit/Lalita.
- Your school has planned an excursion to Lonavala near Mumbai during the autumn holidays. Write a notice in not more than 50 words for your school notice board, giving detailed information and inviting the names of those who are desirous to join. Sign as Naresh/Namita, Head Boy/Head Girl, D.V. English School, Thane, Mumbai.
- You lost your Titan wrist-watch in your school. Draft a notice, in not more than 50 words, to be placed on your school notice board. You are a student of Class XII of Rani Ahalya Devi Senior Secondary School, Gwalior. Sign as Rani/Ram.
FAQs on Notice Writing Format
The frequently asked questions on Notice Writing Format are given below:
|Q. Is notice written inbox? |
A. Yes, notices should always be written in a box.
|Q. How do you write the date in a notice? |
A. There is no specified format to write the date on a notice.
|Q. How can I write my English Class 6 notice? |
A. In order to write a notice, refer to the Notice Writing format provided on this page.
|Q. What is the Notice Writing Format ICSE?|
A. The notice writing format is the same for CBSE, ICSE, and other state boards. Only the marking scheme varies based on the boards. So, students who are looking for a notice writing format for the ICSE Board can refer to this page.
Students of Class 8 to Class 12 can make use of Embibes free Mock Test Series and Practice Questions for their exam preparation.
|Class 8 Foundation Mock Test Series||Class 8 Practice Questions|
|Class 9 Foundation Mock Test Series||Class 9 Practice Questions|
|Class 10 Foundation Mock Test Series||Class 10 Practice Questions|
|JEE Main Mock Tests (Class 11-12 PCM)||JEE Main Practice Questions (Class 11-12 PCM)|
|NEET Mock Tests (Class 11-12 PCB)||NEET Practice Questions (Class 11-12 PCB)|
Now you are provided with all the necessary information regarding the Notice Writing Format. If you have any questions related to this format of Notice Writing, ping us through the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.824 Views