RRB JE Recruitment 2019: The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has finally announced its exam date for Junior Engineer (JE) CBT I. The stage I exam has already begun from 22nd May. Dates for the second stage exam is not yet announced. RRB JE admit card was released on 18th May 2019 i.e 4 days before the exam. The board released the notification for the recruitment of Junior Engineers for various posts. The RRB has previously asked the applicants to choose the exam language. The link to opt for the exam language was active till 1st May 2019. Applicants could choose to take the CBT from the following languages- English, Bengali, Odiya, Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Manipuri, Malayalam, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. Candidates who did not select the language will have to appear for the examination in the language they selected during the online application.
RRB JE Recruitment 2019
|Name of the Exam||Railway Recruitment Board Examination for the Post of Junior Engineer|
|Organising Body||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Type of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once in a Year|
|Posts Offered||Junior Engineer, Junior Engineer IT, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant|
|Date of Exam||Will be updated soon|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
RRB JE Recruitment | Important Dates
Important dates for RRB JE Recruitment are as follows:
|Release of Official Notification||29th December 2018|
|Beginning of Online Application||2nd Jan 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||31st Jan 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||18th May 2019|
|RRB JE 2019 Exam||22nd May to date will be announced (Stage I)|
|Declaration of result||Will be updated soon|
Find the official release of the RRB JE 2019 dates below:
RRB JE Recruitment | Vacancies
RRB JE 2019 vacancy has been revised. Previously it was 14,033 and now it has been finalized to 13,487 for the post of Junior Engineer, Junior Engineer (IT), Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant, and Depot Material Superintendent.
|Junior Engineer (IT)||29|
|Depot Material Superintendent||227|
|Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant||387|
RRB JE Recruitment | Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the post of RRB JE, candidates need to abide by the following eligibility criteria:
- For the post of Junior Engineer: Candidates need to have a diploma/degree in Engineering in relevant disciplines as prescribed against numerous posts.
- For the post of Junior Engineer IT: Candidates applying for this post have to have a degree of PGDCA/B.Sc (Computer Science)/BCA/B.Tech (IT)/B.Tech (Computer Science)/DOEACC ‘B’ Level Course of 3 years duration or equivalent from a recognised university.
- For the post of Depot Material Superintendent: Candidates should have a Diploma/Degree in Engineering from any discipline.
- For the post of Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant: Candidates should hold a bachelors degree in Science with Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Candidates for every post should be between 18 to 33 years of age. There is age extensions for the reserved categories as per the government rules.
- SC/ST- 5 years
- OBC- 3 years
- PwD- 10 years
RRB JE Recruitment | How to Apply for RRB JE 2019
You need to follow the below steps in order to apply for the exam:
- 1st Step: Visit the official website of RRB- indianrailways.gov.in
- 2nd Step: Click on the link that reads “Select the RRB you wish to apply.” RRB once selected cannot be changed after the preliminary registration.
- 3rd Step: Confirm that you have read and understood the instructions clearly by clicking on the check box.
- 4th Step: Now click on the “New Registration.”
- 5th Step: Fill in your “Personal” and “Contact” details.
- 6th Step: You will receive your “Registration ID” and “Password” on your registered email and mobile number.
- 7th Step: Now proceed by clicking on the “Already Registered Button” on the home page by entering your Registration ID and Password.
- 8th Step: Now fill in your “Educational” and “Community” details.
- 9th Step: Now you will be directed to the “Payment” page. Pay for the application accordingly.
- 10th Step: Upload your recent passport size “Photograph” and “Signature.”
- 11th Step: Click on “Submit” and submit the form.
- 12th Step: Take a “Print” out of the form for future reference.
RRB JE Recruitment | How to Check Application Status
Once you fill the application form, you will obviously want to know whether your application is selected or rejected. You can check your application status following the below steps:
- – 1st Step: Click Here
- – 2nd Step: Select the respective RRB.
- – 3rd Step: Enter your “Registration ID”, “Date of Birth”, and “Security Code.
- – 4th Step: Click on “Login.”
- – 5th Step: The status of your application will be displayed.
RRB JE Recruitment | Application Fees
Candidates can pay for the application fees online through internet banking or debit/credit cards or UPI. They can also pay offline through SBI Bank Challan Payment mode in any branch of SBI or through Post Office Challan Payment mode in any branch of computerized post office. Below is the category-wise application fees for RRB JE:
Note: For the general category applicants, out of Rs 500, an amount of Rs 400 shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in 1st stage CBT. The fee of Rs 25o for candidates other than the general category ones shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges as applicable, on appearing in 1st stage CBT.
RRB JE Recruitment | Selection Process & Exam Pattern
RRB JE Recruitment drive follows a three level of selection procedure:
- Computer Based Test (1st stage and 2nd stage)
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
The first stage CBT comprises of multiple choice questions. The question paper has 100 questions in total. The first stage CBT has 4 sections namely Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, and General Science. Find the detailed exam pattern for RRB JE 1st stage CBT below:
Phase 1: 1st stage CBT
|Total no. of questions/ Maximum marks||
|A Composite Time of 90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||
Phase 2: 2nd stage CBT
Candidates for the 2nd stage CBT will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks obtained by them in the 1st stage CBT. The total number of applicants to be shortlisted for 2nd stage shall be 15 times the community-wise total vacancy of posts notified against the RRB as per their merit in 1st stage CBT. 2nd stage CBT has 150 questions and comprises of 5 sections. Find the detailed 2nd stage CBT exam pattern below:
|Sections||Total no. of questions/ Maximum marks||Time Duration|
A Composite Time of 120 Minutes
|Physics and Chemistry||15/15|
|Basics of Computers and Application||10/10|
|Basics of Environment and Pollution Control||10/10|
Phase 2: Document Verification
Candidates obtaining the minimum score in CBT will be further called for the second phase- Document Verification. For the document verification round students are required to carry the original as well as the photocopies of the below mentioned documents:
- Matriculation or High School Examination certificate or equivalent certificate
- Diploma or Degree certificate
- Caste certificate for SC/ST
- Caste certificate for OBC
- Income certificate for waiving examination fee
- Medical certificate for persons with disabilities (PwD)
- NOC from serving employees/Ex-Servicemen
- Minority declaration on Non-judicial stamp paper
Phase 3: Medical Examination
Medical examination will be conducted for those candidates who get through the CBT and Document verification round.
RRB JE Recruitment | Admit Card
Admit card for RRB JE will be released on the official website of RRB. SMS and E-Mail will be sent to all eligible candidates about the admit card and upload details on their registered mobile number and email ID. However, candidates should regularly visit the official website to check on the dates for admit card release. RRB JE admit card will be made available to the candidates 10 days before the exam date. It is to be noted that the admit card for RRB JE will be available online and that no hall tickets will be sent to the candidates by post. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry their admit cards to the exam hall. Without the availability of admit card, they will not be allowed to sit for the exam under any circumstances.
We hope that this detailed article on RRB JE Recruitment 2019 serves your need. Hopefully, you will not have any doubt pertaining to the application process for RRB JE. Every topic related to the recruitment drive has been covered here keeping in mind your need for info. The exam dates for RRB JE has not yet been declared but it will be wise if you start your preparation right away. Waiting for the dates to be released to begin your preparation is an immature way of piling things for the last minute. Last minute preparation always leads to confusion and bad experiences. Start your preparation by practising mock test papers. As the exam comprises arithmetic and general awareness subjects, you can practice IBPS PO Mock Test on Embibe to further enhance your preparation.
If you have any issue with this article on RRB JE Recruitment do let us know of your confusion in the comments section below and we will get back to you soon.