RRB JE Syllabus 2022: Download CBT 1 & 2 Syllabus PDF
RRB JE Syllabus 2022: Railway Recruitment Boards prescribe the syllabus for RRB JE. Candidates who want to appear for the exam must check the syllabus. Candidates must have complete knowledge of the syllabus and exam pattern to start with their exam preparation. Through the syllabus, candidates can know about all the topics asked in the exam.
RRBs conduct the JE exam to recruit candidates for posts of Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer IT (JE IT), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS), and Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA) in Indian Railways. Read on to find more about the section-wise RRB JE 2022 syllabus of CBT 1 & 2.
RRB JE Syllabus 2022: Overview
Before getting into the details of the syllabus, let’s have an overview of the RRB JE exam below:
Railway Recruitment Board Junior Engineer Exam
Commonly Known as
RRB JE Exam
Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB)
All Over India
Central Government Job
Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA) Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) Junior Engineer (IT) Junior Engineer (JE)
Level of Exam
Stage 1 CBT, Stage 2 CBT, Medical Exam and Documents Verification
Candidates must be aware of the RRB JE Exam Pattern. RRB JE is conducted in various stages comprising multiple-choice questions. RRB JE CBT 1 has 100 questions while CBT 2 has a total of 150 questions. There is a negative marking of 1/3 marks for every wrong answer in both stages. Furthermore, the total duration of CBT 1 is 90 minutes, and CBT 2 is 120 minutes.
Candidates will have to go through document verification and medical examination after clearing the CBT 2nd stage. Check the section-wise questions and marks distribution below:
RRB JE CBT 1 Exam Pattern
No. of Questions
General Intelligence and Reasoning
RRB JE CBT 2 Exam Pattern
No. of Questions
Physics and Chemistry
Basics of Computers and Application
Basics of Environment and Pollution Control
RRB JE CBT 1 2022 Syllabus
Let us now look at the section-wise RRB JE Syllabus. This will help you understand the exam a little better. Scoring minimum qualifying marks in the CBT-1 is imperative because, failure to do that, no candidates shall be able to take the RRB JE CBT-2 exam. We have added the detailed RRB JE Syllabus for CBT 1 on this page so that candidates do not have to search the Internet in search of their exam syllabus.
Check out the RRB JE CBT I Syllabus below and increase the odds of passing the online test with flying colours:
RRB JE CBT 1 2022 Syllabus for Mathematics
The candidates can check out the list of topics for the RRB JE Mathematics Syllabus for CBT 1 below and get ready for the online test. The mathematics portion of CBT 1 shall be prepared based on the following topics:
1. Algebra 2. Polynomials 3. Instalments 4. Factors and Simplification 5. Arithmetic Simple and Compound Interest 6. Number systems 7. Shares and Dividends 8. Ratio and Proportion 9. Percentage 10. Time and Distance 11. Time and Work 12. Profit and Loss 13. Pipes and Cisterns 14. Mensuration 15. Problem on Ages 16. Investment 17. Basic Data Interpretation 18. Histogram 19. Frequency Polygon 20. Bar-Diagram 21. Pie-Chart 22. Pictorial Graph 23. BODMAS 24. Decimals 25. Fractions 26. LCM and HCF 27. Percentages 28. Geometry 29. Trigonometry 30. Elementary Statistics 31. Square Root 32. Calendar & Clock
RRB JE CBT 1 2022 Syllabus for General Awareness
The General Awareness section of RRB JE requires knowledge of current affairs and events/ issues of national as well as international importance. A few questions related to new technologies and reform in Indian Railway can also be asked. In short, candidates have to be ready with every topic given below:
1. Rail Budget 2. General Awareness on Railway 3. Indian Polity and Constitution 4. Current Events 5. Indian Geography 6. Indian Economy 7. Banking 8. Sports 9. Finance Marketing 10. Culture and Indian History including freedom struggle 11. Current Affairs 12. Environmental issues concerning India and the World 13. General scientific and technological developments
RRB JE CBT 1 2022 Syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning
The Reasoning section can be a tricky one because it checks your logical ability. We advise you to read the questions properly before solving them. Check out the detailed RRB JE Syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning below:
1. Alphabetical and Number Series 2. Input-Output 3. Syllogism 4. Coding and Decoding 5. Word Building 6. Clock 7. Seating Arrangement 8. Calendar 9. Decision Making 10. Direction Sense 11. Visual Memory 12. Blood Relations 13. Figural Classification 14. Arithmetical Reasoning 15. Similarities and Differences 16. Space Visualization or Space Orientation 17. Analogy 18. Non-Verbal Series 19. Statement Conclusion 20. Mathematical Operations
RRB JE CBT 1 2022 Syllabus for General Science
The General Science section requires your knowledge of basic, high school level Science – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Finish the CBSE syllabus of Class 9 and Class 10 Science for this section.
RRB JE CBT 2 Syllabus 2022
This section of the article sheds light on the syllabus for CBT-2. Please note that there are five sections (General Awareness, Physics & Chemistry, Basics of Computers & Applications, Basics of Environment & Pollution Control and Technical Abilities) under the CBT 2 syllabus.
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for General Awareness
The candidates looking for the RRB JE Syllabus for CBT 2 for General Awareness subject should check out the list of topics furnished underneath. The General Awareness section of the exam is to be based on the following topics in the paper:
1. Knowledge of Current affairs 2. Indian Geography 3. Culture and History of India including freedom struggle, 4. Environmental issues concerning India and the World 5. Sports 6. General scientific and technological developments 7. Indian Polity and constitution 8. Indian Economy
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Physics & Chemistry
The overall syllabus of Physics and Chemistry comprises up to the 10th standard CBSE syllabus. Candidates can check out the detailed CBSE Class 10 Syllabus and prepare for the Physics and Chemistry segment of the syllabus.
JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Basics of Computers & Applications
The RRB JE Syllabus for Basics of Computers & Applications is as below:
1. Architecture of Computers 2. Input and Output devices 3. Storage devices 4. Networking 5. Operating System like Windows, Unix, Linux 6. MS Office 7. Various data representation 8. Internet and Email 9. Websites & Web Browsers 10. Computer Viruses
CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Basics of Environment & Pollution Control
The syllabus for Basics of Environment & Pollution Control is as below:
1. Basics of Environment 2. The adverse effect of environmental pollution and control strategies 3. Air, Water and Noise pollution & their effect and control 4. Waste Management 5. Global warming 6. Acid rain 7. Ozone depletion
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Technical Abilities
The section on Technical Abilities covers the engineering subjects. In this section, we will cover the RRB JE Syllabus for CBT 2 for the Technical Abilities section:
1. Estimating 2. General Civil Engineering 3. Costing 4. Construction of Structure Engineering and Drawing 5. Soil Mechanics 6. Valuation 7. Structural Analysis 8. Mechanics 9. Building Materials 10. Concrete Structures 11. Construction 12. Steel Structures 13. Water Requirements 14. Hydrology 15. Hydraulics 16. Highway Planning 17. Traffic Engineering 18. Errors and Adjustments 19. Projections 20. Environmental Engineering 21. Surveying 22. Coordinate System 23. Curves 24. Measurements of Distance and Directions
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Electronics Engineering
For Electronics Engineering, the syllabus is as under:
1. Electronic Devices 2. Wireless Communication 3. Energy Bands 4. Signal and Systems 5. Carrier Transport in Silicon: Diffusion current, Drift current, Mobility, and Resistivity 6. Generation and recombination of carriers 7. Tunnel 8. Control System 9. Junctions 10. Diodes 11. EMFT 12. Analog and Digital Circuits 13. Communication 14. Basics of Signal and Systems
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
Candidates should also be familiar with the topics included in the Electrical Engineering (EE) section of the RRB JE Syllabus as laid out underneath:
1. Machines 2. Electrical and Electronic Measurements 3. Basics of Circuit and Power Electronics 4. Analog and Digital Electronics 5. Signals and Systems 6. Power and Control Systems 7. Circuits and Measurement Systems
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Computer Engineering
The Computer Engineering segment also plays a significant role in securing higher marks in the CBT 2 test of RRB JE. Therefore, the candidates must not miss out on this section and get the best of the same:
1. Languages 2. Computer Fundamentals 3. MS Office 4. Information Systems 5. Software Engineering 6. DBMS 7. Operating Systems 8. Computer Networks 9. Web Technology and Programming 10. Network Communication 11. Database 12. Algorithms 13. System Programming
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Civil Engineering
The RRB JE Civil Engineering Syllabus comprises the following topics and questions in the CBT are likely to be asked from this segment for the CE section:
1. Estimating 2. Costing 3. General Civil Engineering 4. Construction of Structure Engineering and Drawing 5. Valuation 6. Soil Mechanics 7. Structural Analysis 8. Building Materials 9. Mechanics 10. Concrete Structures 11. Steel Structures 12. Construction 13. Water Requirements 14. Hydraulics 15. Hydrology 16. Highway Planning 17. Traffic Engineering 18. Projections 19. Errors and Adjustments 20. Environmental Engineering 21. Surveying 22. Coordinate System 23. Curves 24. Measurements of distance and directions
JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Instrumentation & Measurement Engineering
The detailed syllabus for Instrumentation & Measurement Engineering is as follows:
1. Basics of Measurement Systems 2. Mechanical Measurement 3. Transducers 4. Analog or Digital Electronics 5. Circuits 6. Industrial Instrumentation 7. Process Instrumentation
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Information Technology
The syllabus for Information Technology is mentioned below:
1. MS Offices 2. Computer Fundamentals and Organization 3. Information Systems 4. C, C++, and Java Language 5. DBMS 6. System Programming 7. Software Engineering 8. SAD 9. UNIX 10. Web Technology and Programming 11. Data and Network Communication 12. Operating Systems
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
The detailed syllabus for Mechanical Engineering is given below:
1. Strength of Materials 2. Fluid Mechanics 3. Heat Transfer 4. Theory of Machines 5. Kinematics of Machine 6. Engineering Mechanics 7. Machining and Machine Tool Operations 8. Thermodynamics 9. Power Engineering 10. IC Engine Cycles 11. Casting 12. Stream Tables 13. Thermodynamics cycles 14. Metrology and Inspection
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Chemical Engineering
For Chemical Engineering, the syllabus is as under:
1. Basic Concepts of Fuel 2. Thermodynamics 3. Applied Chemistry 4. Material Science 5. Instrumentation and Measurement 6. Polymers 7. Computers 8. Environment and Pollution Control
RRB JE CBT 2 2022 Syllabus for Printing Press
The syllabus for Printing Press is as under:
1. Printing Techniques 2. Printing Materials 3. Paper and Ink Technology 4. Digital Technology and Imaging 5. Control Application in Printing 6. Printing Surface Preparation 7. Offset Printing 8. Colour Science 9. Flexo and Gravure 10. Newspaper Printing 11. Basic Concepts of Computers
RRB JE Preparation Tips 2022
Experts at Embibe advise all the candidates to create a proper study plan in order to finish their syllabus in a timely manner. Once they have finished the entire RRB JE syllabus, they should start taking mock tests which is the best way to revise the concepts. Dedicate proper time for analysing the mock tests. This will help candidates identify their strong and weak areas. The candidates can then work on those areas and improve their scores in the next few mock tests.
FAQs on RRB JE Syllabus
Given below are some important questions and their answers related to RRB Junior Engineer Syllabus 2022:
Q.1: How do I download the Railway RRB JE Syllabus 2022?
Ans: You can download the complete RRB Junior Engineer exam syllabus from the official notification or from this article.
Q.2: Is the RRB JE exam syllabus the same as that of SBI PO?
Ans: No, the RRB JE exam syllabus is different from that of SBI PO. It has a dedicated English section, while there is no English section for RRB JE.
Q.3: What is the syllabus for RRB JE (Mechanical)?
Ans: You can find the syllabus for RRB JE (Mechanical) below:
1. Strength of Materials
2. Fluid Mechanics
3. Heat Transfer
4. Theory of Machines
5. Kinematics of Machine
6. Engineering Mechanics
7. Machining and Machine Tool Operations
9. Power Engineering
10. IC Engine Cycles
12. Stream Tables
13. Thermodynamics cycles
14. Metrology and Inspection
Q.4: What are the best RRB JE books which will help me to prepare well?
Ans: The best RRB JE books are given below:
1. Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
2. Lucent’s General Knowledge
3. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S.Agarwal
4. Objective Computer science and Information Technology by G.K.Mithal
5. NCERT books
Q.5: Will the RRB JE syllabus be the same for this year?
Ans: Yes, the syllabus is likely to remain the same for this year because there are no announcements regarding any change. However, we will keep you updated in case there are any changes.
Now that you have the detailed RRB Junior Engineer Syllabus, you can start your preparation accordingly for the RRB JE CBT 1 and CBT 2. Practising previous year’s papers too will help you in securing a good score. For the General Awareness, Reasoning and Arithmetic section, you can practice the free RRB JE Mock Test Series to evaluate your level of preparation. Taking mock tests will help you improve time management and identify your weaknesses.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates!
RRB Group D 2022 Exam Date(Out): Check Revised Schedule