CBSE Class 10 Preparation – CBSE Board Exams 2018 Date Sheet for Class 10th will be released by the Central Board of School Education (CBSE) soon. CBSE class 10th is the basis of further achievements in student’s life. The Class 10 boards are one of the most popular board exams in India as they are conducted on an all-India level. A good result in the secondary examination to a great extent decides as which stream one has to choose for making a bright career. The most important thing that is needed for the CBSE board preparation is the regular practice and assessment in mathematics and science. Feel relaxed while preparing for exams, don’t pressurize yourself. Organize your plans neatly. There is no shortcut to success and you must try harder to make it right. Just be positive and focus on your goal. So how to get good marks in board exams? In this post, we shall provide you board exam tips and tricks for your CBSE Class 10 Preparation.
Subject wise CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips Subject Wise
CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips English
- Reading the newspaper, topics from philosophy and even science fiction can help you improvise your English language knowledge and can help you prepare for the board exam.
- Unseen passage/note making: This section is quite scoring and needs the least amount of effort comparatively.
- Writing skills: Stick to formats strictly. Most of the questions on this subject are for 10 marks, divided into 3 marks for the format. Practice formal letters, applications and report speeches and understand the format properly.
- Grammar: Follow a good grammar book and know the basic rules. Learn the basic rules and attempt as many questions as possible and correct yourself after making mistakes.
- Literature: where you will probably be asked analytical questions as well as content questions, you must have time to familiarize yourself with some of the complexities of your material.
CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips Hindi
- The poetries and the meaning of there are to be memorized along with the important chapters and the questions arising from it.
- Solve past years’ papers (Oswal, Arihant or any of the available sources), and cross-check with the solutions provided. In fact, most of the times, questions are just repeated in exams.
- Be clear about the grammatical rules related to topics prescribed in your syllabus. Practice grammar questions as much as you can.
- Learn the format for essay and letter writing and practice descriptive questions as much as you can.
CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips Science
- Practising the numerical questions and revising the concepts is the key to ace Physics
- Physics has several questions based on theorem and direct formulas which can be memorized by revising thoroughly.
- You must get a grip on the fundamental concepts of the subject.
- Practise balancing the reactions.
- Learn the nomenclature of Carbon compound containing functional groups and common name od salts.
- Do not miss the Saponification and Cleansing action of Soap.
- Remember the first and last elements present in the periodic table.
- Make a list of chemical reactions where the conversion takes place from one compound to another.
- This subject includes a lot of diagrams, so it’s important to give special attention to diagrams and their theory.
- Ensure that important terms and their respective functions are remembered.
- Biology has a lot of learning and memorization of difficult terminology.
- Get meticulous with the key definitions as the subject is mostly theory.
- It is recommended to know about the weightage of each science to score better in board exam.
CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips Social Science
- Create a chart with important dates, flip through it often and you will find that you are able to easily remember the dates.
- Along with dates, names of people will also be present in abundance, when it comes to History. Names of Freedom Fighters, Rulers etc will be present in large numbers.
- When it comes to Geography topic, marking stuff on maps is a surprise question that may be asked in 10th Board Examination. Map marking can’t be mastered just by looking and going through maps! You will have to plot yourself the asked locations on the map and practice it!
- While learning long answers, try to form a link between the different events. Try to relate the concepts by asking yourself questions like what happened after this and why.
- Try to memorize the long answers in the form of points instead of paragraphs.
- Try to relate the concepts to real-life events.
- Always attempt the short questions first. The lengthy questions should be attended at the end.
CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips Maths
- Must refer previous year class 10 Maths board exam papers, you will easily understand the level of questions which can be asked in board exams.
- Cover the entire syllabus of NCERT books thoroughly first. All the solved and unsolved questions in NCERT books are the most important questions for Class 10 Maths exam paper. Examiners either pick questions for board exam paper directly from NCERT and CBSE textbooks or base their questions on it. It is very rare that you will get a question apart from what you can find in these books.
- Maintain a separate register for formulae, theories and methods.
- Having a clear understanding about your syllabus and the weightage to various sections will definitely help you to decide how much time you should dedicate to each section.
- Figures and graphs can help you to score more marks if you make them with a little concentration.
CBSE Class 10 Preparation | General Tips
Tip-1 Make a Time Table
Candidates in order to make their CBSE Class 10 Preparation more organized and disciplines should prepare a time-table. Once you understand ‘What to prepare?‘ it’s your turn to plan ‘How to prepare?‘ Make a time-table with both short-term and long-term goals that would help you in timely CBSE Class 10 Preparation for the exam. Set realistic goals that you can achieve. Block your study hours during those times of the day when you think you are the most productive & can concentrate better and block more time for the more difficult subject.
Tip-2 Focus on Concepts
Aspirants should focus on concepts rather than adopting a rote learning technique. Focus on understanding the concepts throughout your CBSE Class 10 Preparation. Understanding helps you to remember the concepts for a very long period of time. Moreover, with a clear understanding of the concepts, you can comfortably handle questions related to those concepts.
Tip-3 Self- Assessment
Aspirants must evaluate themselves time-to-time for effective CBSE Class 10 Preparation. Evaluate and analyze your answer sheet well. Quickly scan through the questions for which you gave incorrect answers or couldn’t answer. Do not forget to revise those topics quickly. Check your speed and accuracy while writing sample papers. Sample papers help you to gain confidence and also help you to get used to writing exams. It also helps you to come up with your own strategy of attempting the questions. Avoid guesswork. Prioritize practicing your weak chapters in order of their weightage.
Tip-4 Practice Previous Year Question Papers
Aspirants must prepare previous year question papers to know the exam pattern, difficulty level, topic-wise distribution of questions, marking scheme etc. Solving previous year question papers will build confidence in candidates and increase their question-solving skills.
Tip-5 Stay positive and confident
‘Belief’ is a very powerful tool. You must believe in yourself and your CBSE Class 10 Preparation. Spend 10-15 minutes before going off to sleep to quickly recap all that you learned throughout the day. A bit of physical activity and meditation helps to improve concentration. Do not take stress throughout the entire CBSE Class 10 Preparation time, in fact, stay away from stressful people. Each and every moment you must tell yourself ” I Can, I Will” and trust me you will do it!
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Class 10 Preparation helps you in your preparation for board exams. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Preparation, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.5495 Views