NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15: Statistics is a very important chapter in the CBSE Class 11 Maths syllabus. Students need to have an in-depth understanding of this chapter. It is essential that they practice rigorously to develop a good understanding of Statistics. In this article, you can find NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15. All the solutions have been provided by the top academic experts at Embibe. Our experts have explained the solutions in a step-by-step manner.
So, once you understand the theory behind the concepts of this chapter, Statistics, start solving the NCERT in-text questions and exercises questions. If you get stuck somewhere while solving these NCERT questions, then refer to the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 provided here.
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Maths Chapter 15: Statistics
Before you getting into the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 – Statistics, let’s go through the sections included in this chapter:
|15.2||Measures of Dispersion|
|15.4.1||Mean Deviation for Ungrouped Data|
|15.4.2||Mean Deviation for Grouped Data|
|15.4.3||Limitations of Mean Deviation|
|15.5||Variance and Standard Deviation|
|15.5.2||Standard Deviation of a Discrete Frequency Distribution|
|15.5.3||Standard Deviation of a Continuous Frequency Distribution|
|15.5.4||Shortcut method to find Variance and Standard Deviation|
|15.6||Analysis of Frequency Distributions|
|15.6.1||Comparison of two Frequency Distributions with same Mean|
CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Maths Chapter 15: Statistics – Chapter Summary
Statistics deals with the data collected for specific purposes. By analyzing and interpreting the data, decisions can be made. In earlier classes, you have studied methods of representing data both graphically and in tabular form. Now, you will learn about the representation of data, certain salient features and characteristics of the data. It helps students gain an appreciation for the diverse applications of statistics and its relevance to their lives and fields of study. This is a medium weightage chapter for JEE Main. One question out of 30 is always asked.
How To Prepare For CBSE Class 11 Maths – Statistics
If you ask any topper what the secret of their success is, they will definitely say that they finished the NCERT books thoroughly. The NCERT textbooks help you to cover all the basics. It is important that you solve the NCERT questions diligently once you have finished the theories. This is important for both board examinations as well as competitive exams, like JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Now you have all the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 – Statistics. Make the best use of these solutions and master the chapter. You can also solve Class 11 Maths Statistics questions and take Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 mock test on Embibe. These are available for free and will help you in competitive exams like JEE and BITSAT as well.
|NCERT SOLUTIONS FOR CLASS 11 MATHS CHAPTER 14||NCERT SOLUTIONS FOR CLASS 11 MATHS||NCERT SOLUTIONS FOR CLASS 11 MATHS CHAPTER 16|
CBSE Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 – Important Questions
Some of the important questions from this chapter are as under:
|1 Mark Improtant Questions From Statistics|
- In a test with maximum marks 25, eleven students scored, 3,9,5,3,12,10,17,4,7,19,21 marks respectively. Calculate the range.
- Coefficient of variation of two distributions is 70 and 75, and their standard deviations are 28 and 27 respectively what are their arithmetic mean?
- Write the formula for mean deviation.
- Write the formula for variance.
- Find the multiplicative inverse 4 – 3i.
|4 Mark Improtant Questions From Statistics|
- The mean of 2,7,4,6,8 and p is 7. Find the mean deviation about the median of these observations.
- Find the mean, standard deviation and variance of the first n natural numbers.
- The mean and standard deviation of 6 observations are 8 and 4 respectively. If each observation is multiplied by 3, find the new mean and new standard deviation of the resulting observations.
- Prove that standard deviation is independent of any change of origin, but is dependent on the change of scale.
- An analysis of monthly wages points to workers in two firms A and B, belonging to the same industry, given the following result. Find mean deviation about median.
|6 Mark Improtant Questions From Statistics|
- The mean and the standard deviation of 100 observations were calculated as 40 and 5.1 respectively by a student who mistook one observation as 50 instead of 40. What are the correct mean and standard deviation?
- 200 candidates the mean and standard deviation was found to be 10 and 15 respectively. After that, it was found that the scale 43 was misread as 34. Find the correct mean and correct standard deviation.
- Find the mean deviation from the mean 6,7,10,12,13,4,8,20.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 (Statistics) helps you. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get more information on NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapters.216 Views