Best CTET Books 2021: The CTET is a national-level eligibility test that is organized and managed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). CTET is conducted twice a year by giving a maximum number of candidates a chance to begin their career in the teaching profession for classes I to VIII. CBSE will soon release the CTET notification 2021. Eligible & Interested candidates can start their preparation and complete the CTET syllabus with the help of the best CTET Books as early as possible. CTET Books are the main sources for candidates preparing for the CTET exam and will help candidates to gain knowledge on all the subjects covering the CTET Syllabus and fetch more marks.
To prepare well for the examination, choosing the right set of books is an important initial step. Thus, here we have listed down the best books for CTET 2021 exam preparation. The best book for the CTET exam will help you to take the first step to start your exam preparation. While NCERT books are considered best for clearing the basic concepts of the CTET syllabus, there are some other good books as well that are available for CTET preparation. Check here for the best CTET Books and study material. Read this article to find out more about it.
Best CTET Books: Exam Pattern
Before getting into the details of CTET books candidates can check the exam pattern for CTET 2021. All the questions appearing in the exam paper will be Multiple Choice Questions with four options. Each question carries one mark each and there is no negative marking. Paper 1 and Paper 2 have a composite time duration of 2.5 hours. There are two papers in CTET exam:
- Paper 1 is for the candidates who aspire to be a teacher for Class 1-5
- Paper 2 is for the candidates who aspire to be a teacher for Class 6-8
Paper 1 – Exam Pattern
|CTET Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
Paper 2 – Exam Pattern
|CTET Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|(i) Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|(iv) Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher)|
(v) Social Studies/ Social Science (for Social Studies/Social Science teacher)
any one of the above (iv)/(v) – for teacher of any other subject
|Note: Candidate who wants to become a teacher for both levels, should appear for both the paper 1 & 2.|
Best CTET 2021 Books: Syllabus
CTET consists of two papers i. e., Paper 1 for recruitment of teachers for Class I-V whereas Paper 2 is for recruitment for the teachers of Class VI-VIII. The online exam consists of five sections for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Check the detailed subjects for both the papers mentioned below:
|Child Development and Pedagogy|
|Child Development and Pedagogy|
|Mathematics and Science|
|Social Studies/Social Science|
Let’s have a look at the books specific to each of the papers. While selecting these books for a recommendation, we have considered the following criteria:
- Coverage of complete CTET syllabus
- Easy to learn foundational concepts
- Ample practice questions from previous years/ model tests with solutions
Best Books For CTET Paper 1
Candidates appearing for CTET Paper 1 can check these recommended books mentioned below:
|1. CTET Success Master Paper-I: Class I-V by Arihant Publication|
2. Wiley’s Environmental Studies (EVS) Exam Goalpost for CTET and TET Exams, Paper-I, Class 1-5, 2019
3. CTET & TETs Previous Year Papers, Paper-1, 2019 by Arihant Publication
4. UPTET & CTET Environmental Studies by Youth Competition times
5. Teacher Eligibility Test Environmental Studies by Upkar Prakashan
Best Books For CTET Paper 2
Check the books for CTET paper 2 listed below:
|1. CTET Success Master Maths & Science, Paper-II: Class V-VIII by Arihant Publication|
2. CTET Success Master Social Science/Studies, Paper-II: Class V-VIII by Arihant Publication
3. A Complete Resource for CTET: Science and Pedagogy by Yukti Sharma (Pearson)
4. CTET & TETs Previous Year Papers, 2011-2018, Class 6-8, Mathematics & Science by Arihant Publication
Let us now have a look at the best content-specific CTET books.
Best CTET Books For Child Development And Pedagogy
Important books for CTET Child Development and Pedagogy are mentioned below:
|1. Child Development and Pedagogy by Shalini Punjabi|
2. Child Development and Pedagogy (Arihant Publication)
3. Child Development and Pedagogy by DT Editorial Services
4. A Complete Resource for CTET: Child Development & Pedagogy by Sand5. Keep Kumar (Pearson)
6. Child Development and Pedagogy (Disha Publication)
Best CTET Books For English
The most recommended books for English Language are as follows:
|1. CTET English & Pedagogy (Paper I & II) by Geeta Sahni (Pearson)|
2. English Language & Pedagogy by Arihant
3. English Language Pedagogy by Dr. N.Devanki
4. Study Package for CTET by Mcgraw Hill Education
5. Study Guide for Paper I- English by Disha Publication
Best CTET Books For Hindi
The best books for CTET Language 2 are listed below:
|1. Hindi Bhasha Evam Shikshashastra CTET & TETs (Paper I & II) by Arihant|
2. Wiley’s Hindi Exam Goalpost for CTET and TETs, Paper I-II by DT Editorial Services
3. CTET/TET Hindi Bhasha Aur Shikshan Shastra (Hindi) by Kamal Deo Verma
Best CTET 2021 Books For Mathematics & Science
The best books for CTET Maths and Science are as follows:
|1. A Complete Resources for CTET: Mathematics and Pedagogy by Haneet Gandhi (Pearson)|
2. CTET & TETs for Class VI-VIII Mathematics & Pedagogy by Arihant
3. CTET Mathematics & Science by Arihant
4. Mathematics & Pedagogy for class I-V by Arihant
5. CTET Mathematics & Science for Paper II by VVK Subburaj
6. Mathematics & Pedagogy (Class 6th to 8th) by Disha Publication
7. Mathematics Exam Goalpost (Class 1 to 5) by Wiley Publication
8 Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations, Edition: 7 by R.S. Aggarwal
Best CTET Books For Social Studies
The best books for CTET Social Studies are listed below:
|1. CTET Success Master Social Science/Studies, Paper-II: Class V-VIII by Arihant Publication|
2. A Complete Resource for CTET, Social Sciences, and Pedagogy, Paper-II by Sandeep Kumar (Pearson)
3. Study Guide for CTET Paper 2 (Class 6 – 8 Teachers) Social Studies/ Social Science with Past Questions by Disha Publication
CTET Books for 2021 Preparation
With the best CTET books at your disposal, it will be much easier for you to go about your CTET study. The preparation for this exam requires a lot of effort and hard work. CTET study material alone won’t help you achieve the target. You also need to have a smart study plan to go about your preparation. Make a comprehensive study structure. Follow a particular routine. Do not go for rote learning. Understand the basics and then go ahead with deeper preparation. With a well-defined study plan and a bit of toiling, you can give your CTET preparation the best shot.
How to select the best books for CTET 2021
Candidates preparing for the exam must focus on few key points in order to select the right set of books. Check the following points mentioned below:
- The candidate must check the year of publication before choosing the book for preparation.
- Refer books that are published in simple and easy language.
- Check the index and content while choosing the best books for CTET.
- Candidates must check the latest edition books for updated information.
- In order to practice questions paper for the exam, select books that consist of practice papers.
FAQs regarding the CTET Books 2021
The frequently asked questions for CTET best books are given below:
| Q. How many papers are there in CTET 2021? |
A. CTET 2021 consists of two papers 1 and 2. Paper 1 is for the teachers for Classes 1-5 where as paper 2 is for teachers for classes 6-8.
|Q. How many sections are there in CTET paper-I?|
A. CTET Paper-I contains five sections – Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies.
|Q. How many sections are there in CTET paper-II?|
A. CTET Paper-II contains four sections with a choice in the fourth section – Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, and Mathematics & Science or Social Studies/Social Science.
|Q. Are NCERT Books helpful in CTET Preparation?|
A. Yes, NCERT books are helpful and can be studied to create your foundation strong for the CTET exam.
|Q. What happens if you clear Ctet?|
A. After the CTET Certificate candidates can apply for all Central Government Teaching jobs like KVS, NVS Army Teacher, ERDO, etc. Without a CTET Certificate, candidates cannot apply for Central government teaching jobs.
The nature & level of questions in CTET Maths & Science for papers I and II are based on the NCERT syllabus for classes I to V and V to VIII respectively. The difficulty level and linkages though may go up to the Senior Secondary Stage. Therefore, NCERT Books are an important resource for your CTET preparation. For Science and Maths, you can solve CBSE Science and Maths Questions. These are based on the CBSE Science and Maths syllabus for Class 8, 9, and 10. Solving these questions will be extremely beneficial to you in your CTET 2021 preparation.
If you have any queries regarding this article on CTET Books or the CTET exam, do let us know about it in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.1658 Views