CTET 2021: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the CTET Notification 2021 on September 20, 2021. The official notification contains all the important details of CTET 2021 such as vacancies, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and more. Therefore, candidates must refer to the official notification before starting to fill their CTET online application form. As per the latest notice released on October 19, the last date to apply online has been extended till October 25, 2021. Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria can fill register for the exam at the CTET Official website – ctet.nic.in. The direct link to apply online for CTET Exam is provided below.
Last Date to Apply Online extended to October 25, 2021. Check Latest Notice (PDF) here
Fill CTET Application Form 2021 (Direct Link)
Download CTET Official Notification 2021 (PDF) here (Direct Link)
CTET 2021 Notification – Overview
Before getting into the details of CTET 2021 Notification (July session), let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Name of the Examination||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Medium of Language||English and Hindi|
CTET 2021 Important Dates
Candidates who want to attempt the CTET exam 2021 must check the important dates related to the exam. Having an idea about the important dates will certainly help the candidates to get ready before the upcoming events. Candidates can view the important dates of CTET 2021 in the table given below:
|CTET 2021 Notification Released||September 20, 2021|
|CTET Application Form Starts From||September 20, 2021|
|CTET Apply Online Last Date||October 25, 2021 (Extended)|
|Last Date of Fee Submission||October 26, 2021 (3:30 pm)|
|Corrections in CTET 2021 Form||October 28 to November 03, 2021|
|CTET 2021 Exam Date||December 16, 2021, to January 13, 2022|
CTET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must know that CTET has two papers – Paper I and Paper II.
Paper I is for candidates aspiring to become teachers for Class 1 to V (Primary Stage). And Paper II is for those aspiring to become teachers for Class VI-VIII (Upper Primary Stage). The CTET Eligibility Criteria is different for Primary and Upper Primary teachers,
Minimum Qualifications Required For Becoming Class I-V Teacher (Paper I):
- – Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks. They should have also passed or should be currently appearing for the final year of 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (OR)
- – They must have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with at least 45% marks. Also, they must have passed or currently appearing for the final year of 2 year diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with the NCTE Regulations, 2002 (OR)
- – They must have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks along with passing or currently appearing for the final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed) (OR)
- – They must have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks along with passing or currently appearing for the final year of 2 year Diploma in Education (Special Education)* (OR)
- – They must have done graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B. Ed)*.
Minimum Qualifications Required For Becoming Class VI-VIII Teacher (Paper II):
- – Applicants applying for this position should be a graduate and must have passed or currently be in the final year of 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (OR)
- – They should have completed their graduation and obtained at least 50% marks along with passing or currently appearing in 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) (OR)
- – They must have completed their graduation and secured at least 45% marks and should have passed or currently appearing for 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) in accordance with the NCTE regulations issued from time to time (OR)
- – Candidates must have passed Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and should have passed or currently appearing in the final year of 4 year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) (OR)
- – Aspirants must have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks and should have passed or currently appearing in final year of 4 year BA/BSc. Ed or BA. Ed/B.Sc. Ed (OR)
- – They should have completed their graduation and obtained a minimum of 50% marks and must have passed or currently appearing for 1 year B.Ed (Special Education)*.
Note: * Refers to candidates who have obtained the certificate of Bachelor of Education from any NCTE recognized institution. Such candidates will be taken into consideration for appointment as a teacher for Class 1 to 5. The person appointed as the teacher is required to go through a six-month bridge course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE within two years of his appointment as the primary teacher.
Any candidate who has qualified B.Ed Programme recognized by the NCTE is entitled to appear in TE/CTET. Also, as per the existing TET guidelines vide NCTE letter dated 11th February 2011, a candidate who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses (identified by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Notification dated 23rd August 2010 is also qualified to appear in the TET/CTET.
How To Apply For CTET 2021?
If you are eligible, you can follow the steps as under to fill your CTET application form:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of CTET- ctet.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link that says “Apply Online”.
- – 3rd Step: Fill in your “Personal”, “Contact”, and “Residential” details and submit.
- – 4th Step: Note down your Registration Number and Password that will be generated on successful registration.
- – 5th Step: Now, log in using your Registration number and Password.
- – 6th Step: Upload scanned images of your Photograph and Signature in the required format.
- – 7th Step: Proceed to the “Payment” option and pay the CTET application fee.
- – 8th Step: Download the application form and take its print out for future reference.
CTET 2021 Application Fees
Candidates can pay the application fee through online or offline mode. Offline fees can be paid through e-Challan by depositing the application fee in CTET exam fee account with Syndicate or Canara Bank. For online payment of fees, applicants can pay it through their Debit card or Credit card.
|Category||Only Paper I or II||Both Paper I & II|
|General||Rs 700/-||Rs 1200/-|
|OBC||Rs 700/-||Rs 1200/-|
|SC/ST||Rs 350/-||Rs 600/-|
|Diff Abled Person||Rs 350/-||Rs 600/-|
CTET 2021 Exam Syllabus
The exam is conducted on the basis of the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE. The CTET syllabus carries important topics from Paper-I (Classes I to V) and Paper-II (Class VI to VIII). The CTET Paper I syllabus includes topics from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, Mathematics and Environmental Studies and Paper II syllabus comprises topics from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, Mathematics and Science or Social Studies/Social Sciences.
CTET 2021 Exam Pattern For Paper I
Paper I comprises five sections. The total marks for this paper is 150. Each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. Candidates must secure at least 60% marks in order to qualify in this paper. The paper has a time duration of 2.5 hours.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
CTET 2021 Exam Pattern For Paper II
Paper II also comprises five sections. Each question carries 1 mark. The total marks for this paper is 150. There is no negative marking for Paper II and the qualifying marks for Paper II is 60%. The exam comprises a composite time duration of 2.5 hours.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science||60||60|
|Social Studies/Social Science||60||60|
Note that both Paper 1 and Paper 2 has two Language sections – Language I and Language II. Applicants can choose any one language as Language I and other as Language II from the language options and are required to specify the same in the confirmation page. Candidates can opt for two languages from the following options:
CTET 2021 Admit Card
CTET admit card will be released on the CTET official website- ctet.nic.in. Candidates should know that the hard copy of the CTET hall ticket will not be sent to them. CTET 2021 call letter should be downloaded within the stipulated time. In case of any discrepancy or error in the admit card, applicants should immediately contact the CTET authorities. Errors regarding particulars of applicants, photograph and signature, or any other information that varies from the application form shouldn’t be avoided.
General Guidelines For CTET 2021
Here are a few important guidelines for students:
- Candidates should report to the examination center 90 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- There are no criteria of educational qualification, age, etc. for the scribe.
- Applicants must bring their own ballpoint pen (black/blue) as the board will not provide these things.
- The use of pencil is strictly prohibited. If candidates fill their OMR sheets with pencils, their sheet will be rejected.
- No rough work is allowed on the OMR sheet. All rough work is to be done in the space provided in the test booklet.
- No change of answer is allowed in the OMR sheet. The use of an eraser or whitener on the OMR sheet is not permissible.
- Applicants must attempt questions in languages opted by them as mentioned in the admit card. In case the candidate attempts in any other languages, his candidature will be canceled.
CTET 2021 Exam Centres
CBSE has increased the number of exam centres for the upcoming CTET exam due to the COVID 19 pandemic situation. The exam cities have been increased from 112 cities to 135 cities. The list of new exam cities added to the existing list of exam centres are given below:
|Hazaribagh||Udham Singh Nagar|
- Candidates will be given the opportunity to make changes in the exam city preference.
- Every effort will be taken by officials to accommodate candidates in the preferred cities. However, if not possible, the officials have all rights to allocate any other suitable exam center.
CTET 2021 Time Schedule
CTET 2021 session will be conducted in two shifts. Paper I and Paper II will have separate shifts. Below is the CTET Time Schedule:
|Activity||Paper I Schedule||Paper II Schedule|
|Entry in the Examination Hall||8 AM||12:30 PM|
|Checking of Admit Cards||9 AM to 9:15 AM||1:30 PM to 1:45 PM|
|Distribution of Test Booklet||9:15 AM||1:45 PM|
|Seal of the Test Booklet to be Opened||9:25 AM||1:55 PM|
|Last Entry in the Examination Hall||9:30 AM||2 PM|
|Test Commences||9:30 AM||2 PM|
|Test Concludes||12 PM||4:30 PM|
We have now provided all the relevant details on the CTET exam. As the exam dates have been announced canddiates need to gear up with their CTET Preparation. The exam is extremely competitive and needs your complete attention and diligence all through your preparation. Candidates can take free CTET Mock Tests on Embibe’s OnlineTyari platform to prepare for the upcoming exam. We wish you all the best for your exam!
CTET 2021: Qualifying Process
Check out the detailed CTET 2021 Qualifying process below:
- Candidates must score 60 percent or more marks CTET 2021 exam in order to get qualify.
- Candidates must also meet the CTET eligibility criteria prescribed by CBSE.
- Qualifying CTET does not guarantee a job to candidates. They have to apply for recruitment at different schools based on the available vacancies.
CTET 2021 Result:
CTET Result will be declared on the official website – ctet.nic.in. Candidates can check their result by using their roll number for the exam. Candidates who score 60 per cent or above marks are declared CTET qualified.
Frequently Asked Questions On CTET Exam
Check the frequently asked questions on CTET exam from below:
| Q. How many times is the CTET exam conducted in a year?|
A. CTET exam is conducted twice a year.
| Q. What is the validity of CTET eligibility criteria? |
A. The validity of CTET eligibility criteria is 7 years starting from the date of announcement of result.
|Q. Can we give CTET without B.Ed?|
A. No, you cannot take a CTET exam without having a B. Ed. degree because it’s an essential eligibility requirement for a candidate.
|Q. How many attempts can be taken at the CTET exam?|
A. There are no minimum or maximum attempts for the exam. This means that candidates can appear for CTET exam as many times as they want.
|Q. Is CTET valid in all states?|
A. Yes CTET is valid in all states. In that way, CTET holders can apply for teaching jobs under private schools as per the National Council For Teacher Education (NCTE).
|Q. What is the benefit of qualifying CTET?|
A. CTET certificate is the minimum eligibility for a central government teaching job, it is like an added bonus to your profile. After getting CTET certificates candidates can apply for all Central Government Teaching job like KVS, NVS Army Teacher, ERDO, etc.
If you have any queries related to this article on CTET Notification 2021, do let us know about it in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.24 Views