CTET 2022 Notification, Exam Date, Application & Result
CTET Notification 2022: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is expected to release the CTET July 2022 notification in April 2022. The CTET notification PDF will be available as an information bulletin on ssc.nic.in. Candidates are advised to thoroughly read the notification before applying for CTET 2022 exam from this page.
CTET application form 2022 will also be made available along with the notification. CTET is conducted twice a year to recruit eligible candidates for a central government teaching job. Read on to know more about CTET Exam Notification.
Latest: CBSE is going to release CTET 2022 Exam Notification soon. Scroll down to download pdf.
CTET Notification 2022
CBSE is supposed to release the official notification for the CTET 2022 July exam in April 2022 on the official website ctet.nic.in. Following the release of the official notification, the online application link for the CTET 2022 exam will be active. CTET July 2022 Notification can be found at the link provided below:
CTET 2022 Official Notification for July Exam (Link Inactive)
Every year, CBSE conducts the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) twice to assess teachers’ eligibility for primary and upper primary classes, i.e., Classes 1 to 8, in Central Government Schools such as NVS/KVS and other schools, etc. Before getting into the details of CTET 2022 notification (July session), let’s have an overview of the exam:
Candidates who want to attempt the CTET exam must check the important dates related to the exam. Having an idea about the important dates will undoubtedly help the candidates to get ready before the upcoming events. Candidates can view the important dates of CTET in the table given below:
CTET Important Dates [Tentative]
CTET Notification 2022
CTET Online Registration Starts From
Last Date to fill Online Application
Last Date for submission of fee through E-Challan
Online Correction Schedule
CTET Admit Card Download
CTET Exam Date
Release of CTET Answer Key
CTET Result Declaration
CTET Certificates’ Dispatch
CTET Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates must know that CTET has two papers – Paper I and Paper-II.
Paper I is for candidates aspiring to become teachers for Class 1 to V (Primary Stage). And Paper II is for those aspiring to become teachers for Class VI-VIII (Upper Primary Stage). The CTET Eligibility Criteria is different for Primary and Upper Primary teachers,
Minimum Qualifications Required for Becoming Class I-V Teacher (Paper I):
– Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks. They should have also passed or should be currently appearing for the final year of 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (OR)
– They must have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with at least 45% marks. Also, they must have passed or currently appearing for the final year of 2 year diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with the NCTE Regulations, 2002 (OR)
– They must have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks along with passing or currently appearing for the final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed) (OR)
– They must have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks along with passing or currently appearing for the final year of 2 year Diploma in Education (Special Education)* (OR)
– They must have done graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B. Ed)*.
Minimum Qualifications Required for Becoming Class VI-VIII Teacher (Paper-II):
– Applicants applying for this position should be a graduate and must have passed or currently be in the final year of 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (OR)
– They should have completed their graduation and obtained at least 50% marks along with passing or currently appearing in 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) (OR)
– They must have completed their graduation and secured at least 45% marks and should have passed or currently appearing for 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) in accordance with the NCTE regulations issued from time to time (OR)
– Candidates must have passed Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and should have passed or currently appearing in the final year of 4 year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) (OR)
– Aspirants must have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks and should have passed or currently appearing in final year of 4 year BA/BSc. Ed or BA. Ed/B.Sc. Ed (OR)
– They should have completed their graduation and obtained a minimum of 50% marks and must have passed or currently appearing for 1 year B.Ed (Special Education)*.
Note: * Refers to candidates who have obtained the certificate of Bachelor of Education from any NCTE recognized institution. Such candidates will be considered for appointment as a teacher for Classes 1 to 5. The person appointed as the teacher is required to go through a six-month bridge course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE within two years of his appointment as the primary teacher.
If you are eligible, you can follow the steps as under to fill your CTET application form:
– 1st Step: Visit the official website of CTET- ctet.nic.in.
– 2nd Step: Click on the link that says “Apply Online”.
– 3rd Step: Fill in your “Personal”, “Contact”, and “Residential” details and submit.
– 4th Step:Note down your Registration Number and Password that will be generated on successful registration.
– 5th Step: Now, log in using your Registration number and Password.
– 6th Step: Upload scanned images of your Photograph and Signature in the required format.
– 7th Step: Proceed to the “Payment” option and pay the CTET application fee.
– 8th Step: Download the application form and take its print out for future reference.
CTET Application Fees
Candidates can pay the application fee online or offline mode. Offline fees can be paid through e-Challan by depositing the application fee in the CTET exam fee account with Syndicate or Canara Bank. For online payment of fees, applicants can pay it through their Debit card or Credit card.
Only Paper I or II
Both Paper I & II
Diff. Abled Person
CTET Syllabus 2022
The exam is conducted based on the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE. The CTET syllabus carries important topics from Paper-I (Classes I to V) and Paper-II (Class VI to VIII).
The CTET Paper I syllabus includes topics from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, Mathematics and Environmental Studies. Paper II syllabus comprises topics from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, Mathematics and Science or Social Studies/Social Sciences.
CTET Exam Pattern for Paper I
Paper I comprises five sections. The total marks for this paper are 150. Each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. Candidates must secure at least 60% marks to qualify for this paper. The paper has a time duration of 2.5 hours.
Paper-II also comprises five sections. Each question carries 1 mark. The total marks for this paper are 150. There is no negative marking for Paper-II, and the qualifying marks for Paper II is 60%. The exam comprises a composite time duration of 2.5 hours.
No. of Questions
Child Development and Pedagogy
Mathematics and Science
Social Studies/Social Science
Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 have two Language sections – Language I and Language II. Applicants can choose any one language as Language I and other as Language II from the language options and are required to specify the same on the confirmation page. Candidates can opt for two languages from the following options:
CTET Admit Card
The CTET Admit Card will be released on the CTET official website- ctet.nic.in. Candidates should know that the hard copy of the CTET hall ticket will not be sent to them. CTET 2022 call letter should be downloaded within the stipulated time.
Applicants should immediately contact the official authorities in case of any discrepancy or error in the admit card. Errors regarding particulars of the applicant’s photograph, signature, or other information that varies from the application form shouldn’t be avoided.
CBSE has increased the number of exam centres for the upcoming CTET exam due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation. The exam cities have been increased from 112 cities to 135 cities. The list of new exam cities added to the existing list of exam centres are given below:
Udham Singh Nagar
Candidates will be given the opportunity to make changes in the exam city preference.
Every effort will be taken by officials to accommodate candidates in the preferred cities. However, if not possible, the officials have all rights to allocate any other suitable exam center.
CTET Time Schedule
CTET 2022 session will be conducted in two shifts. Paper I and Paper II will have separate shifts. Below is the CTET Time Schedule:
Paper 1 Schedule
Paper 2 Schedule
Entry in the Examination Hall
Checking of Admit Cards
9 AM to 9:15 AM
2:00 PM to 2:15 PM
Distribution of Test Booklet
Seal of the Test Booklet to be Opened
Last Entry in the Examination Hall
CTET Qualifying Process
Check out the detailed CTET 2022 Qualifying process below:
Candidates must score 60 percent or more marks CTET 2022 exam to get qualify.
Candidates must also meet the CTET eligibility criteria prescribed by CBSE.
Qualifying CTET does not guarantee a job to candidates. They have to apply for recruitment at different schools based on the available vacancies.
CTET Result will be declared on the official website – ctet.nic.in. Candidates can check their results by using their roll number for the exam. Candidates who score 60 per cent or above marks are declared CTET qualified.
FAQs on CTET 2022 Notification
Check the frequently asked questions on the CTET exam from below:
Q. When is CTET 2022 Exam to be scheduled? A. CTET 2022 July Paper-I & Paper-II exam dates will be announced along with the release of CTET Notification.
Q. What is the validity of CTET eligibility criteria? A. The validity of CTET eligibility criteria is 7 years, starting from the date of announcement of result.
Q. Can I give CTET without B.Ed? A. No, you cannot take a CTET exam without having a B. Ed. degree because it’s an essential eligibility requirement for a candidate.
Q. How many attempts can be taken in the CTET exam? A. There are no minimum or maximum attempts for the exam. This means that candidates can appear for the CTET exam as many times as they want.
Q. Is CTET valid in all states? A. Yes, CTET is valid in all states. In that way, CTET holders can apply for teaching jobs under private schools as per the National Council For Teacher Education (NCTE).
Q. What is the benefit of qualifying CTET? A. CTET certificate is the minimum eligibility for a central government teaching job. It is like a bonus to your profile. After getting CTET certificates, candidates can apply for all Central Government Teaching jobs like KVS, NVS Army Teacher, ERDO, etc.
We have now provided all the relevant details on the CTET exam. The exam is highly competitive and needs your complete attention and diligence throughout your preparation. Candidates can take free CTET Mock Tests on Embibe’s OnlineTyari platform to prepare for the upcoming exam. We wish you all the best for your exam!
If you have any queries related to this article on CTET Notification 2022-23, do let us know about it in the comment section below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest CTET 2022 updates.
CTET Books 2022: Check Best Books and Exam Pattern