DU Application Form 2020 – The University of Delhi has released the application form of DU admission 2020 on June 20. The last date to apply has been extended till July 18, 2020 for all courses. Earlier, the last date to apply for admission was July 4, 2020. The authority provides a common DU application form for all the courses offered in the 90 affiliated DU colleges. The candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can register for the admission in the university. The DU 2020 application form is available in online mode at du.ac.in. The Jesus and Mary College has also released its application form on June 30, 2020. The last date of registration for Jesus and Mary College is July 15.
The second window for DU registration 2020 will be opened from July 31 to August 9, 2020 for updation of 12th marks after the announcement of result by the CBSE and UP Board. The result awaits candidates can also apply. The aspirants need to register before filling the academic, personal and contact details in the DU application form 2020.
The candidates need to specify the score calculated based on the best of four systems. Candidates can get admission in medical / dental and MBA programmes based on NEET and CAT score. The DU admission for some of the UG programmes will be done based on the entrance test while admission into most of the programmes will be based on merit score of qualifying examination Read the article to know the steps to fill the DU 2020 application form, registration, important dates and eligibility criteria.
- To fill DU Admission Form 2020 for UG Programmes – Click here
- To Apply for Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) 2020 – Click here
- To fill Jesus and Mary Application Form 2020 – Click here
- St. Stephen’s College Application Form 2020 will be available soon. Admissions this year is entirely online. All the candidates must register at the DU registration site before the official deadline. All the candidates must register at St Stephen’s College using the official online application form, clearly indicating their DU 2020 Registration Number.
Latest Update regarding DU Registration 2020
335682 students register for admission to Delhi University undergraduate courses while 222565 students have paid registration fees till July 4 (9:30 pm)
Notification regarding DU 2020 Registration
DU Application Form 2020 – Important Dates
The officials has released the DU 2020 application form as per the schedule. The aspirants must check the dates to submit the form within the deadline. Find below the important dates of DU admission form 2020 :
DU 2020 Application Dates
|Release of DU Admission Form||June 20, 2020 (Released)|
|Jesus and Mary College registrations starts||June 30, 2020|
|End date of Jesus and Mary College registrations||July 15, 2020|
|End Date of DU Registration||July 18 , 2020 till 5:00 pm (Extended)|
|Update class 12th marks||July 31 to August 9, 2020|
|First Cutoff||To be notified|
|Second Cutoff||To be notified|
|Third Cutoff||To be notified|
|Fourth Cutoff||To be notified|
|Fifth Cutoff||To be notified|
|Special cut off||To be notified|
DU Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can only fill the DU application form 2020. Find below the eligibility criteria for DU 2020 UG courses of the university-
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- The candidates must secure the minimum marks in the relevant subject to apply for admission in the university.
- Final year candidates can also apply
DU Eligibility Criteria for BA/B.Sc/B.Com
|DU B.A Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|DU B.Com Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|DU B.Sc Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
DU Application Form 2020 – Prerequisites
The candidates need to keep the below-mentioned details ready before filling the DU 2020 application form:
- Scanned images of signature in the prescribed dimensions
- Scanned images of passport-sized candidate’s photograph
- SC/ST/OBC/EWS/CW/KM Certificate
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate
- EWS Certificate from competent authority certifying the applicant can claim reservation under this category
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking details
- Correct spelling of Father’s and Mother’s names
- Class X and Class XII details (Marksheet or Certificate)
- Aadhaar Number
- A valid Mobile Number
- A valid Email ID
How to Fill DU Application Form 2020?
The officials has released the application form of DU admission 2020 on June 20 in online mode. The aspirants seeking admission in UG programmes of the university must check the eligibility criteria before DU registration 2020. Find below the steps to fill the DU 2020 application form-
1st Step: DU Registration
The DU registration process will be done from the official website of the university – du.ac.in. The candidates will need to fill the below-mentioned details for the DU 2020 registration :
- Class XII passing year
- Class XII Roll Number
- Candidate’s CBSE School Code
- Applicant’s full name
- Candidate’s Email ID
- Enter Password
- Candidate’s mobile number
2nd Step: Filling of Application form
After successful DU registration 2020, candidates will get access to the application form. The aspirants need to fill the below-mentioned details in the DU application form 2020:
- Personal Details (Candidate’s name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Candidate’s Aadhar Card Number, Category, Mobile Number etc.)
- Family Details (Mother’s name and her occupation, Father’s name and his occupation)
- Ward Quota Details (University of Delhi Ward Quota)
- Other Category/Quota Details
- Bank Details for Refund
- Board of education
- Result Status
- Board Roll Number
- Year of Passing
- Subjects that were taken in the boards
- Maximum marks
- Practical Marks (if any)
- Name of school last attended
- Type of school
- School Location
- Medium of study
The aspirants need to provide the preferred courses in this section. The DU admission to the courses will be based on the merit-based criteria.
This section includes the list of courses in which the admission is conducted via the entrance test. The aspirants will also get to choose their preferred examination centre.
The aspirants wishing to apply for Sports/ECA quota can come to this section and fill the details accordingly.
3rd Step: Upload of Documents
The candidates need to upload the below-mentioned documents as per the given specifications:
|Photograph||10 KB – 50 KB|
|Signature||10 KB – 50 KB|
|Self attested class 10 marksheet/ certificate||100 KB – 500 KB|
|Class 12 marksheet||100 KB – 500 KB|
|Self attested category ( SC/ST/OBC/PWD/KM/CW) certificate||100 KB – 500 KB|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate||100 KB – 500 KB|
|EWS Certificate||100 KB – 500 KB|
|Self-attested copies of Sports/ ECA certificates||100 KB – 500 KB|
Note– The candidates need to upload all the documents in jpg/jpeg/png format.
4th Step: Payment of Application Fee
The candidates will need to pay a non-refundable application fee via any of the online payment mode. The aspirants must secure the payment receipt for the future reference. Find below the application fee structure for all categories:
Application Fee Category wise
|UR/ OBC||Rs. 250|
|Additional registration fee for each entrance-based course for UR/OBC||Rs.750|
|Additional registration fee for each entrance-based course for SC/ST/PWD/EWS||Rs.300|
|Admission Cancellation Fee||Rs. 1000|
Note – In case the candidate does not receive the confirmation mail, he or she is advised to check the spam folder or click on ‘resend confirmation mail’ in the login window.
5th Step – Once the payment of fee is done, candidates can take printout of the application and keep it safe for future use.
The Candidates can update their details in the DU application form by revisiting candidate’s account till the last date of registration but before the payment of application fee. The changes can be saved by clicking on the “submit” button at the end of each page. The DU online application form will become uneditable after the payment of fee is made. No request or a grievance shall be entertained in the online application after the payment is made.
DU Registration for PwD Candidates
In order to help Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates in entering the DU online registration form, 2 Helpdesk centres are established in the University of Delhi, one in North Campus and another in South Campus. The addresses are as below:
- North Campus – Equal Opportunity Cell, Arts Faculty Tutorial Building, North Campus, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110007. Phone: 011-27662602
- South Campus – Joint Dean Students Welfare Office, Arts Faculty, South Campus, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110021 Phone: 011-24116178
DU Application Correction
Candidates can change or update the details till the last date of registration with the correction fee of Rs 100. However they can update the marks obtained till the last date of UG admission.
DU Application Form 2020 – Retrieve Password
In case the aspirant forgets the login password, he or she can retrieve with the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of the University of Delhi- www.du.ac.in.
- Open the login window.
- Click on ‘Forgot Password’.
- Enter the registered email ID and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- The officials will send an OTP to reset the password.
- Enter the received OTP and choose a new password.
- Click on ‘Submit OTP’.
What if you don’t receive the Confirmation Mail for DU Application Form 2020?
After successfully registering for the DU 2020 application form, the university will send a confirmation email stating that the application has been successfully submitted. However, at times, candidates do not receive the email, hence, leading to panic. If you are also facing such an issue, first, it is advisable to check the “spam” folder in your mailbox. At times, the confirmation email goes straight to this folder. Even after checking the spam folder, you don’t see the email, please check the following steps to follow
Step 1st. Go to the official website- du.ac.in
Step 2nd. Visit the official login window of the DU application form
Step 3rd. Click on the tab ‘Resend Confirmation Mail’
Step 4th. Enter your earlier Registered Email address
Step 5th. Click on the tab ‘Resend’
Step 6th. Check your mailbox. The university will send another confirmation mail to your mailbox
DU 2020 Application Form – Instructions
The candidates must keep the below-mentioned guidelines in mind while filling the DU admission form 2020:
- The DU application form date is different for Jesus and Mary College and St. Stephen’s College than the remaining Delhi University affiliated colleges.
- The candidates should have “passed” individually in each subject required for calculating merit and eligibility to the relevant course.
- The officials will accept the DU 2020 admission form only after the successful remittance of the application fee.
- Candidates wishing to apply for both merit and entrance based admission will be required to fill only a single application form of DU 2020.
- The aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria specified by the authority for applying for the entrance test.
- Incomplete or incorrect details will lead to rejection of the DU admission form 2020.
- A large number of candidates will be registering simultaneously. Due to the heavy traffic, candidates may face delays in submitting their application form.
- Kindly do not wait for the last day of application to pay the fee to complete your online application form.
Du Application Form 2020 – How to choose the best four subject?
Candidates have to select the best of four subject to calculate their percentage and fill in the application form to apply for DU admission 2020. The criteria to select the best four subject is given below:
- 1st Subject: A language paper (core/elective/functional).
- 2nd Subject: Relevant to the choice of course applied for.
- 3rd and 4th Subject: They can be any core/ elective.
To look at examples on how to calculate best of 4 aggregate marks for different combinations of subjects – Click here
What to do after filling out the DU Application Form 2020?
- You have to fill the DU 2020 application form incorporating the courses of your choice.
- Then wait for the cutoff list of colleges (that DU release about a month after the last date, the total cutoffs is 10 mean 10 cutoff lists will be released.)
- Relate your marks with the colleges cutoff list and if you are fulfilling the cutoff criteria then you have to go to the respective college for admission.
- Take all your documents to the college (list of documents is provided in DU brochure)
- Be prompt because it is a first come first serve scheme ( as there are loads of candidates applying so there is no option of getting late on the admission window).
- There is always an option to change college during the cutoff period so keep checking for better colleges and if found retrieve the documents from previous college and just approach your desired college.
|DU Courses 2020||DU Cutoff 2020|
|DU Colleges 2020||SRCC Cutoff 2020|
Statistics of DU Application Form (2019)
|Total Paid Application||258388|
DU Application Form – Top 10 Programmes chosen in 2019
|B.A. (Hons.) Geography||110102|
|B.A. (Hons.) Sociology||111933|
|B.A. (Hons.) Journalism||112233|
|B.A. (Hons.) Psychology||112312|
|B.A. (Hons.) History||120590|
|B.A. (Hons.) Economics||124538|
|B.A. (Hons.) Political Science||130240|
|B.A. (Hons.) English||142970|
Delhi University Offered Courses 2020
Merit Based Courses
|Name of the Faculty||Course|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A. Prog.|
B.A Vocational Studies
B.A. (Hons.) in Arabic
|Faculty of Social Sciences||B.A. (Hons.) in Economics|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities||B.A. (Hons.) in Hindi Patrakarita|
B.Voc. in Health Care Management
Retail Management & IT
|Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies||B.Com. (Hons) and B.Com.|
|Faculty of Mathematical Sciences||B.Sc. in Mathematical Sciences|
B. Sc (Hons) in Mathematics/Statistics
B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Science
B.Sc.(Hons.) in Anthropology/Biological Sciences/ Botany/Microbiology/Zoology
B.Sc.(Hons.) in Chemistry/Physics/Polymer Science
|Faculty of Sciences/ Inter-Disciplinary and Applied Sciences||B.Sc.(Hons.) Electronics/Instrumentation/Geology/Food Technology/Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Medical Science/ Home Science|
B.Sc.(Prog) Applied Physical Sciences/Physical Science (Computer Science)/Physical Science (Chemistry)/ Applied Physical Sciences (Industrial Chemistry/Physical Science with Electronics, Applied Life Sciences/ Life Sciences, Bachelor of Science (Pass) – Home Science.
Entrance Based Courses
|Name of the Institution||Course|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities||B.A. (Honours) Business Economics|
Bachelor of Management Studies
Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
|Cluster Innovation Centre||B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)|
B.A. (Honours) Humanities and Social Sciences
|Faculty of Education||Bachelors of Elementary Education|
|Faculty of Inter-disciplinary & Applied Sciences||Bachelor of Science in Physical Education|
Health Education & Sports
|Indraprastha College for Women||B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication|
|Music and Fine Arts||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor)|
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)
|Faculty of Social Sciences||5 Year Integrated Programme in Journalism in Delhi School of Journalism|
DU Application Form 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
Below we have provided some of the questions generally asked by the candidates.
Q1. Do officials receive the DU 2020 application form via offline mode?
Ans: No, candidates can submit the application form only via online mode.
Q2. Can I apply for multiple courses via a single application form?
Ans: Yes, aspirants apply for multiple courses via a single application form.
Q3. When is the last date to submit the DU 2020 admission form?
Ans: The last date to submit DU admission form 2020 is July 18, extended.
Q4. How can I retrieve my login password?
Ans: In case the candidate does not receive the confirmation mail, he or she can click on ‘resend confirmation mail’ in the login window.
Q5. What is the application fee for unreserved category?
Ans: The application fee for unreserved category is Rs. 250.
Q6: When the application form of DU will be released?
Ans: The application form of DU has been released on June 20, 2020.
Q7: Do I have to fill a different DU application structure 2020 for applying to various universities?
Ans: No, one single DU application form is sufficient for admission to DU associated universities.
Q8: What would it be a good idea for me to do in the event that I have filled an inaccurate email address while enrolling for DU 2020 application structure?
Ans: All things considered, you should begin once again by putting the right email ID
Q9: Can I apply for various courses in the DU UG application structure 2020?
Ans: Yes, you can pick the same number of courses as you need. In any case, you should ensure that you satisfy the qualification measures for those courses.
Q10: Can I fill the DU application structure in disconnected mode?
Ans: No, applicants should fill the DU application form 2020 in online mode in particular.
Q11: I didn’t have Mathematics in class twelfth. Would I be able to choose B.A. (H) Economics/B.Com. (H)/BMS/BBA(FIA)/B. A. (H) Business Economics?
Ans: No, without Mathematics, you are not qualified for the above courses.
Q12: Can I take confirmation in two distinct courses or the same course in various schools after statement of a cut off?
Ans: No, you can’t take confirmation all the while in two unique courses or same courses in various universities. On the off chance that you take confirmation at two places, your affirmation will be dropped from both the schools/courses.
Q13: I have finished my class 12th from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling). Would I be able to get confirmation in a customary school?
Ans: Truly, you can get confirmation in a customary school given you have applied in an available programme/course and meet the cut-off models.
Q14: Is it essential to have standing or clan endorsement for the sake of a competitor/candidate?
Ans: Truly, in the event that you are applying under any held classification (SC/ST/OBC/EwS), at that point you should have the SC/ST/OBC//EwS authentication for the sake of the competitor. The OBC endorsement should likewise determine that applicant has a place with non-rich layer and the position is recorded in the Central Government list I and it must be given on and after 31st March 2020.
Note: For applicants guaranteeing reservation under Ews class the Certificate ought to be given by SDM and ought to have been given on or after March 31, 2020.
Q15: If my outcome is anticipated, would I be able to present the online enlistment structure?
Ans: Truly, you can present the online enrollment structure by picking “Anticipated” in the drop-down menu of “Result Status” on the “Scholarly Details” page/area while entering the data. Notwithstanding, you should satisfy the base qualification rules/meeting cut-off rundown of that course/school during the specified period.
We hope that this information on DU Registration 2020 has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to catch all the updates about the DU application form 2020