Current Affairs Quiz for May 17, 2019: This section covers the GK and Current Affairs quiz with daily MCQs on National Affairs, International Affairs, Economy, Banking Affairs, Polity, Geography, Environment, Sports, etc. for competitive examinations viz. UPSC, SSC, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, IBPS, Railways, Government Jobs, UPPSC, MPSC, and other state exams. This current affairs quiz will help you in the General Awareness section conducted in various Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, and other govt job entrance exams. Current affairs quiz will also help you outshine in the crowd with all the information you gain from this article.
So, follow our Current affairs quiz daily to crack any kind of competitive exams you come across in India. Wait no more and let’s take today’s Current affairs quiz.
Current Affairs Quiz for 17/05/2019
1. What was the theme of the International Day of Families(IDF) 2019?
(A) “Fathers and Families: Responsibilities and Challenges”
(B) “Families, education and well-being”
(C) “Families and Climate Action: Focus on SDG 13”
(D) “Families and inclusive societies”
(E) “Families responsibility and Climate well being”
(B) Sri Lanka
(E) South Africa
3. Samuel Sanchez who has been given a two-years back-dated ban after testing positive for human growth hormones in 2017. He belongs to which sport?
4. Which football club has won the Premier League title 2019 and became the first team to retain its title in last 10 years?
(A) Blackburn Rovers
(B) Leicester City
(C) Manchester United
(D) Manchester City
(E) Real Madrid
5. Name the exotic flightless bird, which evolves back for the first time after 136,000 Years.
(C) White-throated rail
6. Where was India’s Smallest Orchids named “Lecanorchis taiwaniana”, a parasitic bloom discovered recently?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
(C) West Bengal
(D) Andhra Pradesh
7. Which country is developing the world’s largest optical telescope?
8. Vinay Dube has resigned from which international airways?
(C) Jet Airways
(D) Air India
9. Who was appointed as the additional director on the board of Yes Bank for two years?
(A)Rama Subramaniam Gandhi
(B) Ravneet Gill
(C) Mukesh Sabharwal
(D) Brahm Dutt
(E) Sudha Shah
10. Kumar Tuhin was appointed as the Ambassador of India to which country?
(B) Bosnia and Herzegovina
12. Name the bank, that was penalized by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) with Rs.1 Crore for failing to fully automate the non-performing asset (NPA) identification process.
(B) Nainital Bank
(C) RBL Bank
(D) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
(E) Yes Bank
13. Where was the multilateral maritime security field exercise, Asean Defence Ministers’ Meeting-Plus (ADMM-Plus) held?
(A) “Resilience Dividend: Towards Sustainable and Inclusive Societies”
(B) “Globalization towards Occupational Health and Safety”
(C) “Optimize Applications. Transform the Business. Drive Growth”
(D) “Reimagining the Knowledge Enterprise”
(E) “Global Applications for Society “
(C) West Bengal
To provide you with the satisfaction of overall coverage on current affairs, our GK team at Embibe are crafting these most important questions and answers daily based on the events around the world. This current affairs quiz will ensure that you have not left any important questions behind for the day. The explanation provided in the Current affairs quiz for each question will help you memorize the answer even better, preparing you for the time in need. Irrespective of the exam, this Current affairs quiz will help you jog your memory any time, any place.
We hope you are satisfied with today’s current affairs quiz since the main purpose of this Current affairs quiz is to help you reach your goal. If you have any doubts concerning the current affairs quiz or GK Questions mentioned above, feel free to drop a comment in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Also, stay tuned for daily updates on Current affairs quiz here!!723 Views