Current Affairs Quiz for August 19, 2019: This section covers the GK and Daily Current Affairs Quiz with MCQs on National Affairs, International Affairs, Economy, Banking Affairs, Polity, Geography, Environment, Sports, etc. for competitive examinations viz. UPSC, SSC, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, IBPS, Railways, Government Jobs, UPPSC, MPSC, and other state exams. This current affairs quiz will help you in the General Awareness section conducted in various Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, and other govt job entrance exams. Current affairs quiz will also help you outshine in the crowd with all the information you gain from this article.
So, follow our Current affairs quiz daily to crack any kind of competitive exams you come across in India. Wait no more and let’s take today’s Current affairs quiz.
Current Affairs Quiz for 19/08/2019
1. National tribal festival named “Aadi Mahotsav” is being organized at which of the following places?
(E) None of the above
2. Betel vine has received the Geographical Indication tag recently. Which state does it belong to?
(B) Andhra Pradesh
3. FDA has approved which drug for treating extensively drug-resistant Tuberculosis?
4. Who becomes the head coach of the Indian men’s cricket team?
(A) Sourav Ganguly
(B) Kapil Dev
(C) Sunil Gavaskar
(D) Anil Kumble
(E) Ravi Shastri
5. As per the RBI, the foreign exchange reserve of India reached a lifetime highest in the week till August 9, 2019. What is the total amount?
(A) $445.754 billion
(B) $440.591 billion
(C) $430.572 billion
(D) $435.620 billion
(E) $485.320 billion
6. Indian Railways has recently suspended which train to Pakistan?
(A) Ajanta Express
(B) Thar Link Express
(C) Andaman Express
(D) Dehradun Express
(E) Shatabdi Express
7. Which country has won gold in World Junior Track Championship?
8. Deepa Malik and Bajrang Punia have been nominated to get which prestigious award?
(A) Bharat Ratna
(B) Khel Ratna
(C) Dronacharya Award
(D) Dhyan Chand Award
(E) Param Vir Chakra
9. What cricketer has been nominated for the Arjuna award?
(A) Hardik Pandya
(B) Rohit Sharma
(C) Mohammed Shami
(D) Ravindra Jadeja
(E) M S Dhoni
10. Which ministry is organizing ‘Know India Programme’?
(A) Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
(B) Ministry of Finance
(C) Ministry of External Affairs
(D) Ministry of Textiles
(E) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
11. Where are the two new catfish species found recently?
(A) Mizoram & Uttarakhand
(B) Himachal Pradesh & Mizoram
(C) Sikkim & Mizoram
(D) Himachal Pradesh & Arunachal Pradesh
(E) Arunachal Pradesh & Mizoram
12. After the trifurcation of Vellore, Tamil Nadu will have how many districts?
13. Which state has launched a village volunteer system?
(A) Tamil Nadu
(D) Andhra Pradesh
(E) Uttar Pradesh
14. Which ministry has signed MoU with 16 states for skills training?
(E) Youth affairs and sports
15. Who has been appointed as National Institute of Health and Family Welfare Director?
(A) Devki Nandan
(B) Neeraj Sethi
(C) Harshad Pandurang Thakur
(D) Jagat Prakash Nadda
(E) Ashwini Chaubey
To provide you with the satisfaction of overall coverage on current affairs, our GK team at Embibe are crafting these most important GK questions and answers on a daily basis from the events around the world. This current affairs quiz will ensure that you have not left any important questions behind for the day. The explanation provided in the Current affairs quiz for each question will help you memorize the answer better, preparing you for the time in need. Irrespective of the exam, this Current affairs quiz will help you jog your memory any time, any place.
We hope you are satisfied with today’s current affairs quiz since the main purpose of this Current affairs quiz is to help you reach your goal. If you have any doubts concerning the current affairs quiz or GK Questions mentioned above, feel free to drop a comment in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.