IGNOU Admission 2021: IGNOU has started the registration process for Post Graduate Diploma in Corporate Social Responsibility PGDCSR. The last date to submit the application form is 28th February 2021. Interested candidates can apply for IGNOU PGDCSR Admission from the official website i.e. ignou.ac.in.
IGNOU is offering provisional admission to candidates in UG, PG courses without producing results or mark sheets of the qualifying exams. Candidates who have been offered provisional admission, were required to produce qualifying exam mark sheet by December 31, 2020, otherwise, their admission would stand cancelled. Also, the re-admission provision of IGNOU for July 2020 and June 2021 session has been withdrawn.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information regarding IGNOU Admission, UG, PG, PhD Registration Fee, Important Dates, etc. Read on to find out.
IGNOU Admission 2021
Before getting into the details, let’s have an overview of IGNOU:
|University Name||Indra Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Established in||September 1985|
|Education Type||Distance, Open, and Online|
|Number of Courses||277 Courses|
|Official Website for Fresh Admission||ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in|
- – IGNOU offers fee exemption to Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) students who are unemployed in 100 programmes of study.
- – Every year lakhs of candidates apply for IGNOU admission in IGNOU’s Open and Distance Education programmes.
- – Only for a few programmes, IGNOU conducts entrance tests. These are BEd/ MPhil/ PhD/ MBA.
- – For the rest of the courses, i.e.MCA/ MA/ MSc/ MTTM/ PGD/ Diploma/ Advanced Certificate Programme/ Certificate programme/ Post Graduate Certificate/ Awareness Programmes/ Appreciation Course. there is no entrance test.
- – IGNOU offers either direct admission to these courses or through merit prepared on the basis of the qualifying marks.
About IGNOU: IGNOU was established in the year 1985. It is one of the largest universities in the world offering high-quality education to millions of students through Open and Distance Education. The university offers nearly 227 academic courses in UG, PG, Diploma, Doctorate, Certificate programmes, etc.
IGNOU Admission Dates 2020-21
Indra Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) conducts admission for undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and certificate courses twice a year viz., January and June:
|Events||January Cycle||July Cycle|
|Admission starts and ends||November 15 to February 28, 2020||June 6 to November 15, 2020 (For UG/ PG/PG Diploma/ Diploma/ Appreciation/ Awareness)|
|Re-registration||October 14 to February 15, 2020||April 22 to November 15, 2020|
|IGNOU exam form date||October 14, 2020||To be notified|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||Till December 15, 2020||February last week to April third week, 2021|
|Term End Examination||February First week, 2021||June 2021|
|Release of IGNOU hall ticket||10 days before the exam||September 9, 2021|
|Results||To be notified||To be notified|
|Revaluation||To start within a month after the results||To start within a month after the results|
IGNOU Eligibility Criteria
In order to secure admission to IGNOU University, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria of Indra Gandhi National Open Univerity. The eligibility criteria of IGNOU are listed below:
- BA, BCom, BSc, BCA, BSW, BAVTM– based on merit i.e. scores obtained in 10+2 or its equivalent
- BLIS– based on scores in a bachelor’s degree or one-year Diploma in Library Science
- BBA in Retail (RL)– based on merit. But BBA in Service Management (SM) admission is based on entrance followed by the interview.
- MBA– based on Bachelor’s scores plus OPENMAT scores
- MCom, MA, MSc– Should have passed bachelor’s degree
- MCA– based on scores in bachelor’s with Mathematics or pursue BCS12 course concurrently with MCA
- MTTM– should have done a bachelor’s degree or UG degree in related subjects like Tourism, Hotel Management, etc
- PhD– should have done M.Phil degree or Master’s degree with at least 55% aggregate
- PG Diploma– based on graduation in any relevant subject. While Diploma admissions are based on scores obtained in 10+2 or its equivalent
Note: Re-Registrations are only for those who are not applying for Semester based or for Certificate programmes.
How Can I Apply For IGNOU Admission Online?
Students who wish to secure admission to IGNOU must register themselves through the official website of IGNOU.
How To Fill Up IGNOU Admission Application Form?
Follow the steps as below to fill IGNOU Registration Form for the July session:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of IGNOU: ignou.ac.in.
- – 2nd Step: On the homepage, click on the link “Register Online“.
- – 3rd Step: Select “Fresh Admission” from the drop-down menu.
- – 4th Step: Click on “Sign In“. Fill in the necessary details and click on submit.
- – 5th Step: You will receive “Login Credentials” to the registered mobile number & email id.
- – 7th Step: Now with the help of those credentials, log in to complete the further procedure.
- – 8th Step: Enter the necessary details in the required fields.
- – 9th Step: Upload the necessary documents in the required format.
- – 10th Step: Complete the fee payment.
- – 12th Step: Click on “Final Submit“.
- – 13th Step: After the final submission of the online application form, candidates can download the application form for further reference.
Scanned Documents Required For IGNOU Online Registration
Scanned copies of the following documents will be required while filling up the IGNOU Application form:
- Passport Size Photograph (Less than 100 kb)
- Age Proof
- Signature (Less than 100 kb)
- Educational Qualification Proof (Less than 400 kb)
- Education Documents (Less than 400 kb)
- Experience Certificate (Less than 400 kb)
- Category Certificate (Less than 400 kb)
- BPL Certificate (Less than 400 kb)
IGNOU Admission Fee Payment Methods
Payment of Fees can be done through Credit/Debit card/Net Banking. The payment confirmation message will be sent through SMS and email address which is registered by the candidate. In order to complete your admission process successfully, candidates have to pay the fees in any of the following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card (PNB)
Important Points To Be Noted Regarding Admission In Ignou
Students should consider the following important points regarding IGNOU Admission:
- For management courses, students will be selected based on their scores obtained in OPENMAT exam.
- Students who need to secure an admission in B.Ed will be selected only based on the National Level Entrance Test.
- For M.Phil Economics, only those candidates who are qualified in UGC-NET with JRF are eligible.
In case of any mistake done in the IGNOU Admission Form, candidates need to correct the mistake from the correction window. The correction window will be available for a particular amount of duration.
IGNOU Admission Status In Offline Mode
Some of the admissions in Indra Gandhi National Open University are done through the offline mode. The offline IGNOU Admission programs are tabulated below:
|15||PGDIBO to MCOM2|
|16||PGDSW to MSW2|
|17||PGDSWGS to MAWGS2|
|18||PGDCFT to MSCCFT2|
|19||PGDAE to MAAE2|
|20||PGDDE to MADE2|
IGNOU Admission For Foreign Students
The IGNOU Online Admission is applicable only for students who are of Indian nationality. Foreign candidates can apply for Indra Gandhi National Open University Admission only through the offline mode.
IGNOU Admission Status
Candidates can also track their registration status which they have filled for IGNOU Admission 2020. Here is the procedure to check the status:
- – 1st Step: Go to the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- – 2nd Step: Click on the section- “KNOW YOUR ADMISSION/REGISTRATION DETAILS”
- – 3rd Step: Enter your 9-digit enrollment number and programme code and Click on the “Submit” button.
- – 4th Step: The IGNOU registration status will be displayed.
Also, the official authority will send a message stating that the IGNOU online admission form has been accepted. The message will be sent to the candidates registered mobile number and Email ID.
IGNOU Admission Fees
|Course||IGNOU Admission Fee|
|B.Ed||Rs 50,000 (Total Fees)|
|MBA||Rs 37,800 (Total Fees)|
|M.Ed||Rs 40,000 (1st Year Fees)|
|B.Lib.I.Sc||Rs 6,000 (Total Fees)|
|M.A||Rs 15,800 (Total Fees)|
|BCA||Rs 40,200 (Total Fees)|
|M.Sc||Rs 33,600 (Total Fees)|
FAQs On IGNOU Admission 2021
|Q1. How many times does IGNOU conduct the exam in a year? |
Ans: IGNOU conducts the exam in the month of March for annual programs. Courses that are semester based, they are conducted twice a year.
|Q2. When I am Eligible for taking IGNOU examinations? |
Ans: Students become eligible to take the exams in their respective fields once they have completed the minimum period of study. For example, a student of Management Program becomes eligible after six months from the registration of the particular course.
Whereas, a student of Master’s/ Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma program becomes eligible after a study of one year. Once the student has completed the minimum period of study, he/ she can fill the exam form and appear for Term End Examination or TEE.
Now you are provided with all the information regarding IGNOU Admission 2020-21. We hope this article helps you. If you have any doubt, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay tuned to this article for more updates on IGNOU Admission!1786 Views