JKCET 2020 – The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination has released the JKCET 2020 application form on March 12. The Closing date of application form submission is extended to April 20, 2020. JKCET 2020 will be conducted on 26th April 2020 (rescheduled). It is a state-level entrance examination that offers B.E. and B. Tech programmes to the aspirant candidates and is conducted twice a year.
To get admission into the engineering courses, the candidates are required to qualify the entrance examination at the initial stage. This ensures and enables the candidates to get admission into the desired programmes into different colleges of Jammu and Kashmir. The candidates can have a transparent idea about the detailing factors in relation to the JKCET 2020 examination that includes eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, exam dates and admit card.
Latest – JKCET Application Form 2020 is available now!
JKCET 2020 Overview
|Name of the examination||JKCET|
|Purpose of the examination||Admission to B.E and B. Tech programmes under the Jammu and Kashmir Board|
|Conducting body||Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE)|
|Frequency of the examination||Once in a year|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Application Fee (General)||1200 Rs [Online]|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Number of Seats||Approx. 2346 Seats|
JKCET Important Dates 2020
|Notice release||First week of February 2020|
|Commencement of the online registration process||March 12, 2020|
|Last date for filling up the application form||April 20, 2020|
|Release of Admit card||To be Notified|
|Date of the examination||April 26, 2020 (Rescheduled)|
|Declaration of result||By or before May 22, 2020|
|Initiation of the counselling process||Notified Shortly|
JKCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Following are some of the checkpoints for the convenience of the candidates and to let them know about the eligibility criteria for the examination:
- Applicants are required to have qualified 12th or Higher Secondary examination or any such equivalent course from any registered board of the university.
- In the qualifying exam, the candidates have passing marks in primary subjects like Chemistry, English, Mathematics, and Physics.
- The candidates are required to have obtained a minimum of 50 per cent of marks in their qualifying exams.
- As on December 31, 2020; the candidates’ age must not be less than 17 years.
- Candidates appearing in the 12th examination are also eligible to appear in the entrance examination.
Note: The qualifying marks for the candidates belonging to the reserved category is 40 percent.
Before applying for the entrance examination, it is important for the candidates to know about the educational criteria set by the conducting body for each of the applicants. Hence, the academic detail that the candidates need to look into is given below before they apply for the examination –
|Candidates are required to secure an aggregate of at least 50 % marks in their qualifying exam.||General Category|
|Candidates are required to secure an aggregate of at least 40 % marks in their qualifying exam.||SC, ST, PWD|
JKCET Application Form 2020
In order to complete the details of the JKCET 2020 application form, candidates can go through the details mentioned below:
- The date of the release of the JKCET 2020 examination is March 12, 2020.
- The form is to be filled up by the candidates online by visiting the website.
- The registration process will be completed with the involvement of the registration process, payment of application fee, application form fill up, image uploading and application form printing.
- Keep the scanned copies of signature, photographs as well as other documents ready and prepared.
- The last date for filling up the application form is March 31, 2020.
The application fee for appearing in the examination is Rs. 1200/-. The application fee can be paid through credit card or debit card or net banking.
JKCET Exam Pattern 2020
For the better understanding of the entrance examination, the following is mentioned the JKCET exam pattern so as to make things clear and transparent for the candidates:
- Mode and Date of Exam: The entrance examination is to be held through offline mode and the expected date is in the 3rd week of April 2020.
- Duration: The total duration of the examination will be 180 minutes i.e., 3 hours.
- Total Marks: The examination will be of altogether 180 marks and each section will carry 60 marks.
- Marking Scheme: The candidates will be provided +1 marks for each correct answer and for every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total marks.
- Subjects: The candidates will be asked questions from subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry and physics.
An overview of the marking system –
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||180 questions||180 marks|
JKCET Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of JKCET 2020 will include various related topics from 11th and 12th level from subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. The complete syllabus can be checked by the candidates from the website itself with broad weightage of each subject.
JKCET Result 2020
As per the conducting body, the declaration of result for the JKCET 2020 entrance examination is by or before May 22, 2020. In the form of merit list, the result will be declared including the roll number and name of the candidates who have qualified for the programmes.
The merit lists will be released separately for the open as well as the reserved category. The merit list will contain only the details of the candidates who have secured the minimum marks in the qualifying exam.
JKCET 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques: When will the registration process of JKCET 2020 start?
Ans: In the First week of February the registration process of JKCET 2020 will start.
Ques: What is the last date of submitting the application form?
Ans: The last date of submitting the application form will last till the Fourth week of February 2020.
Ques: What is the application fee of JKCET?
Ans: The application fee of JKCET is Rs. 1200.
Ques: Can the details in the application form be altered after submission?
Ans: No, the details in the application form cannot be altered or modified from the application form after its final submission.
Ques: Can the candidates appearing the 12th examination apply for the entrance examination?
Ans: Yes, the candidates appearing in the 12th examination can apply for the entrance examination.
We hope this article has served its purpose and provided all the relevant information regarding JKCET. If you have any queries, ask in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get latest updates on JKCET 2020360 Views