KCET Application Form 2021: Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is expected to release the KCET application form 2021 in the month of February 2021 (Tentatively). The KCET application form will be released in online mode on the official website – cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea. The first step of applying for the test is KCET registration followed by filling the application form, payment of fee, uploading documents, and submission of the application form. After submitting the KCET 2021 online application form, the printout has to be attested by the Principal of their school or any Gazetted Officer. Candidates will need the attested KCET registration form during the counselling session.
Before filling out the KCET application form, candidates are advised to go through the KCET eligibility criteria. This article further contains all the information about the KCET 2021 application form.
KCET Application Form 2021 | Important Dates
Before getting into the details of the KCET Application Form, let us have a quick overview of the exam:
|KCET Full Form||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||KCET|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Level of Examination||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
KCET 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check out the important dates of KCET 2021 for keeping track of the exam:
|Release of Application Form||February 2021 (Tentatively)|
|Closing Date of Application Window||To be notified soon|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee||To be notified soon|
|KCET Application Form Correction||To be notified soon|
|KCET Admit Card||To be notified soon|
|KCET 2021||To be notified soon|
KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The KCET Eligibility Criteria states the parameters which every candidate needs to meet in order to be applicable for the examination. According to KEA, candidates must fall under the following boundary:
- Applicants must have passed the 12th Standard/2nd PUC / Equivalent examination with 50% marks in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- Applicants should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Class 12/ 2nd PUC / Equivalent Exam in all the subjects.
- 45% for ST, SC, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B category candidates and the person with a disability (PwD) with mental retardation or mental illness (including Dyslexia).
Documents Required While Filling KCET 2021 Application Form
Applicants are advised to keep the following documents ready before filling the KCET 2021 application form.
- Valid mobile number and email ID
- Debit card/Credit card/Net banking details
- Details of Aadhaar card
- Scanned images of signature, photograph, and left-hand thumb impression as per specifications by the authority.
- Scanned images of the left thumb impression/ signature of the applicant’s parent.
- Education documents (10th and 12th class mark sheets)
Preferred Web Browser To Fill KCET Application Form
Applicants can use any of the below web browsers to fill the KCET 2021 application form:
- Internet Explorer 8 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above
- Google Chrome 3.0
How To Fill KCET Application Form 2021
The application form of KCET 2021 will be released online mode on the official website. In order to know the KCET application process candidates can trace the steps mentioned below:
Stage 1 – KCET 2021 Registration
KCET registration process can be completed by following the steps mentioned below:
- 1st Step: Visit the official website or click on the link (To be updated soon).
- 2nd Step: Click on the “New User? Click Here to Register” tab.
- 3rd Step: Fill in the required information such as 13 digits “student number” issued from the PUE department if you are going to appear in the 2nd PUC examination and then hit the “Submit” button.
- 4th Step: Fill candidate’s name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number, security question, and security code and submit the details.
- 5th Step: After successful registration, the screen will display the User ID and Application Number. The same information will also be shared with the candidates on their registered email IDs and mobile numbers.
- 6th Step: Candidates must log in to their account by using their User ID and Password.
- 7th Step: Fill in “Student information” by entering the required details and save the entries.
- 8th Step: Now enter your educational details and then click on “save and next” button.
- 9th Step: Then upload scanned images of candidate photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, and parent signature.
Stage 2 – Fill The KCET 2021 Application Form
The KCET application form needs to be filled with the following information:
- 1st Step: Candidates will receive an Application ID and Password to their registered email address after completion of entry.
- 2nd Step: Now upload the scanned copy of recent passport size color photograph and signature in JPG / JPEG format separately.
- 3rd Step: Take the printout of the triplicate “Challan Copy” and pay the requisite fee in any of the branches of specified banks. The bank will retain their copy and handover the remaining copies.
- 4th Step: Candidates can also pay the prescribed fee through net-banking.
- 5th Step: Take the printout of the application form on an A-4 size sheet of paper.
- 6th Step: Affix recent passport size photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression on the space provided.
- 7th Step: Obtain the Principal seal and signature from the college where the candidate has studied 2nd PU or Class 12.
- 8th Step: Candidates have to produce the same copy along with the copy of the Challan (KEA Copy) during the document verification process.
KCET 2021 Document Specifications
Candidates will have to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature, left thumb impression along with their parent’s signature of left thumb impression as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities. Candidates can check the same below:
|Photo – Colour photo with white background (Mobile photos are also allowed)||5 KB to 40 KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature – It must be in black or blue ink. (Must not be in Capital letters)||5 KB to 40 KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Left Thumb Impression of Candidate and Left Thumb Impression/Signature of Parent/Guardian (Mandatory)||5 KB to 40 KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
Stage 3 – Payment Of KCET 2021 Application Fee
After filling in all the details in the KCET application form 2021, candidates need to pay the application fee online (net banking/credit card/debit card) or offline mode. For the offline fee payment, candidates will have to download the e-challan and pay at the branches of the State Bank of India or ICICI Bank. Candidates must click on “I agree” and click on “next” to go to the application form fee payment page. Follow the below steps for fee payment:
- 1st Step: Make the payment after downloading and taking the printout of the triplicate e-challan copy.
- 2nd Step: The challan copy will comprise the candidate’s name, CET number, details of allotted college/ course, amount, and bank account number.
- 3rd Step: Candidates need to make payment only at specified banks.
- 4th Step: The bank will retain the bank’s copy and return the other two copies to the candidate. Candidates are advised to reserve the copies until they download the admit card.
Note: The banks designated by KEA for fee payment include Indian Bank, State Bank of India, and State Bank of Hyderabad.
KCET Application Fee
|Candidate Quota||Category||Application Fees|
|Karnataka Candidates||General||Rs 500|
|Candidates of Karnataka||SC/ST||Rs 250|
|Karnataka Candidates||Female Candidates||Rs 250|
|Outside Karnataka Candidates||General||Rs 750|
|Outside India Candidates||General||Rs 5000|
Details To Be Filled In The KCET Application Form 2021
Personal Details In KCET Application Form
- Mother Tongue
- Annual Income of the Family (in Rs.)
- Reservation Category
- Caste Name
- Caste/Category/Income Certificate Number (if applicable)
- Caste List of OBC/SC/ST Category (if applicable)
- Select eligibility clause code
- Exam Centres (in order of preference)
- Details of Qualifying Exam like
- University/Board Name,
- School Name (if Karnataka CBSE/CISCE),
- Whether appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2018 (Science)?
- PUC Student Number (if applicable)
- Year of Passing (if applicable)
- Eligibility to Claim Reservation or not.
- Total Number of Completed Years of Study in Karnataka (From 1st to 12th standard)
- Whether Studied in Rural Area of Karnataka from 1st to 10th standard?- Yes/No
- Whether Studied in Kannada Medium from 1st to 10th standard?- Yes/No
Contact Details To Be Filled In KCET Application Form
- Name of District
- Pin Code
- Phone Number
- Have studied 10th standard in Karnataka or not?
- State where appeared for 12th standard examination
- District where the applicant appeared for Class 12 exam (if Karnataka)
- Native State
- Native District (if Karnataka)
- Whether the applicant is Son/Daughter of a migrant from Jammu & Kashmir?
- Whether claiming for reservation?
Previous KCET Details (if applicable)
- If the Applicant has previously appeared for the KCET exam or not?
- Year of Appearing,
- KCET Application Number,
- Whether obtained any seat through KCET and taken admission to college?
KCET Application Form 2021- Educational Details
- Name of Attended school/college
- Year of Passing
- Classes studied in that particular School
- From year of study to year of study
How To Retrieve The KCET 2021 Application Number?
In case, candidates forget their application number, they are advised to check their registered email ID. If the application number is still not found, then they will have to contact the KCET official authorities at email@example.com, or their helpline number 080 – 23 460 460 can also be contacted.
How To Retrieve KCET Password 2021?
Candidates will be able to retrieve their forgotten KCET password by following the given steps:
- 1st Step: Go to the candidate portal of KCET 2021.
- 2nd Step: Click on the “Forgot Password”.
- 3rd Step: Click on “Create New Password”.
- 4th Step: KCET 2021 User ID, the application number, security question, answer, and security code has to be entered.
- 5th Step: Click on the “Submit” button.
- 6th Step: A new password of your choice has to be entered and confirmed.
- 7th Step: Candidates will also be able to check their new password through their registered email address or mobile number.
KCET Application Form Correction 2021
KCET 2021 application correction facility will enable candidates to modify the details in the application form. To edit the details, candidates have to log in to their account by using their User ID and Password. Check the step-by-step process below:
- 1st Step: Go to the official website of KCET 2021.
- 2nd Step: Click on “Edit KCET application”.
- 3rd Step: The User ID has to be entered and the OTP will be generated and sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number.
- 4th Step: Enter the OTP.
- 5th Step: Edit the details that have to be modified and click on the “Submit” button.
- 6th Step: Download and take a print out of the confirmation page.
Frequently Asked Questions On KCET Application Form 2021
Below-mentioned are some of the most commonly asked questions on the KCET 2021 Application Form:
|Q1: Can a student from outside Karnataka fill the application form? |
Ans: If the candidate is fulfilling the eligibility criteria then he/she can apply. It is advised that students read the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
|Q2: I am not able to upload the scanned documents, what do I do? |
Ans: All the documents to be uploaded first needs to be scanned according to the specifications mentioned by the officials.
|Q3: How can I pay the application fee of KCET 2021? |
Ans: Candidates can pay the application fee of KCET 2021 either through online or offline mode (bank challan).
|Q4: Is it possible to apply for Medical and Engineering courses through the same application form? |
Ans: Yes, it is possible because the application form is common for all the courses.
|Q5: What is the age limit to apply for the KCET exam? |
Ans: A candidate who has completed 17 years of age can fill the application form.
We hope this detailed article on KCET Application Form 2021 helps you. For any queries related to KCET Application or the KCET Exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for more and recent updates on KCET Application Form 2021.1009 Views