KCET Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) prescribes the eligibility criteria of KCET 2020. Candidates appearing for the exam must check the KCET 2020 eligibility criteria declared by the KEA before proceeding towards the application process. KCET eligibility criteria will include parameters like citizenship, academic qualification, age limit, qualifying marks, domicile, subjects, category, etc which have to be fulfilled by the candidates. The KCET application form will be released by the first week of February and it will be available by the fourth week of March, 2020 tentatively. KCET is a state level examination conducted in pen paper mode. The examination of KCET is scheduled to commence on April 22 and 23, 2020. This article contains all the tentative information about the eligibility criteria of KCET 2020 along with the application procedure.
KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Overview
Candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by the KEA. Eligibility criteria states the parameters which every candidate needs to meet in order to be applicable for KCET. Find the detailed eligibility criteria mentioned for KCET 2020 below.
- Candidates must have passed the 2nd PUC / 12th Standard / Equivalent Exam with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate at 2nd PUC / 12th Standard / Equivalent Exam in all the subjects.
- 45% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates and people with disability (PwD) with mental retardation or mental illness (including Dyslexia).
Age Limit – The conducting body hasn’t released any specific age-limit yet.
General eligibility conditions – Candidate is not eligible for admission to Government Seats until and unless he/she is a citizen of India and meets the eligibility clause of KCET.
- Candidates who have claimed their eligibility under NCC and SPORTS must provide the required certificates at the time of document submission. (Participation certificate from the School / College in the NCC or SPORTs events)
- Candidates who have claimed their eligibility under special categories should provide the original special category certificates along with two photocopies to the concerned authorities of KEA along with the other asked documents.
KCET Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Important Note
The documents are to be submitted during verification of documents in support of the claim for each of the Clause. Candidates are advised to carefully read every specific clause.
5% of the seats in each college and in each course will be reserved as Supernumerary Quota in all Engineering Colleges.
Clause – The exam conducting authority has defined certain eligibility clauses for the candidates claiming quota or claiming for government seats. Candidates can check the same on the official site of KCET at – http://kea.kar.nic.in/cet2019/e_brochure.pdf
KCET 2020 Application Form
The application form of KCET 2020 will be released in online mode officially. The application window will be open from the first week of February and will remain open till the last week of March. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria of KCET 2020 before applying for the exam.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for more and latest updates on KCET Eligibility Criteria 2020