KCET Preparation 2021: The preparation is the first step to crack in the KCET Exams. The exam authorities will soon be releasing the KCET Exam Dates. So, the candidates need to speed up their KCET 2021 Preparation. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will conduct KCET 2021 in offline mode. KCET 2021 will be conducted separately for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology on two alternate days in 80 minutes time duration. KEA conducts the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) to offer admissions to interested candidates in various undergraduate offered by different colleges in the state of Karnataka.
In this article, we will be discussing the KCET preparation Plan for KCET 2021 exam. We will help you with the best and most effective KCET Preparation tips.
KCET Preparation: An Overview
The first step towards KCET Preparation is to understand the KCET Syllabus completely. The KCET syllabus will mostly be based on the first and second PUC syllabi prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
|KCET Full Form||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||KCET|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Level of Examination||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
KCET Preparation 2021: KCET Exam Pattern
Before checking the details of the syllabus and KCET preparation tips and tricks, let us have a look at the KCET exam pattern 2021.
KCET Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam: KCET 2021 exam will be held in offline mode.
- Type of questions: The paper will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Duration of exam: 80 minutes will be given for completion of each paper.
- Maximum marks: Each paper will be of 60 marks, i.e., the total will be 180 marks.
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative marking: There is no negative marking in the exam.
KCET 2021 Marking Scheme
KCET Preparation Tips For Chemistry
Here, we are providing the important chapters in Chemistry for KCET 2021 Preparation. Check chapter wise/subject wise KCET preparation tips below:
- If you study with full concentration and consistency, Chemistry is one of the easiest subjects.
- Learning Inorganic Chemistry equations and reactions by heart can prove to be really helpful.
- Direct questions based on equations and reactions are to be asked.
- It is better that, while preparation, you maintain a handbook that contains all the formulae and equations.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to take the KCET mock test/sample papers regularly to improve your accuracy and time management.
- It will give you the extra needed mileage to the clear competitive exam successfully.
KCET Chemistry Chapter-wise Preparation Tips: KCET Chemistry Practice Questions
- Alcohol and Ether
- Chemistry in action
- Biomolecules and Polymers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acid and its Derivatives
- Classification and Nomenclature
- General Organic Chemistry
- Haloarenes and Phenols
- Hydrocarbons: Alkanes, Alkenes, and Alkynes
- Nitrogen Compound and Aliphatic Amines
- Practical and Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding
- Coordination Compounds
- D-Block and F-Block Elements
- P-Block Elements
- Periodic Properties
- Qualitative Analysis
- S-Block Elements, Hydrogen, and its Compounds
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Kinetics
- Gaseous State
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Mole Concept
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Redox and Volumetric Analysis
- Solid State
- Solution (General and Colligative Properties)
- Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry
KCET Preparation Tips For Physics
- Here as per research, we are providing the easy but important chapters in Physics for KCET Preparation.
- It is true that it is impossible to predict 100% accurately.
- Physics is an important and tricky subject to crack in KCET Preparation.
- Go through the NCERT books for Physics.
- NCERT books cover all the topics in the syllabus of the exam.
- However, the physics chapters require comparatively less effort and time to understand completely.
- Make a complete list of derivations, formulae, and experiments in your syllabus and keep that list it will be handy later during the revision.
- Revise all the concepts regularly.
- Particularly in the case of Physics, one finds that topics like Semiconductors, Interference, and Waves have some extra theory that should be prepared separately.
KCET Physics Chapter-wise Preparation Tips: KCET Physics Practice Questions
- Atomic Structure in Modern Physics
- Experimental Physics
- Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity
- Photo-Electric Effect and Electromagnetic Waves
- Semiconductors and Communication System
- Center of Mass and Momentum Conservation
- Circular Motion
- Properties of Matter and Fluid Mechanics
- Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM)
- Electric charges and Fields
- Electric potential and Capacitance
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Classical magnetism and Magnetic Properties of Matter
Heat and Thermodynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Thermal properties of matter, Calorimetry and Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Mathematics in Physics
- Motion in One Dimension
- Motion in Two Dimension and Projectile Motion
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Units and Dimensions
- Work, Power, and Energy
KCET Preparation Tips For Mathematics
- Mathematics exam has been found to be lengthy many a time.
- Many challenging integration problems can be solved surprisingly quickly by simply knowing the right technique to apply.
- While finding the right technique can be a matter of ingenuity, there are a dozen or so techniques that permit a more comprehensive approach to solving definite integrals.
- General Solution for the Trigonometric equation brings the equation in one of the standard forms.
- This can be done by using a factorization formula (i.e. to convert from addition to multiplication).
- If an equation is asked then substitute the values in the option in the equation.
- Use the Trial and Error Method / Elimination method. For co-ordinate geometry, draw graphs according to equations given and predict the answer.
- For matrices Do adjoint first or transpose/ square/ other operation first, the answer is the same.
- Try to use the options for finding the answer, rather than solving the entire sum.
- Use properties of determinants to simplify a given matrix. It is important that you improve your speed-solving skills.
- Solve as many questions as possible before the exam, and make sure to progressively enhance your speed by timing the working time for each problem.
KCET Mathematics Chapter-wise Preparation Tips: KCET Maths Practice Questions
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex Numbers
- Mathematical Induction
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutation and Combination
- Progressions mki
- Set Theory and Relations
- Theory of Equation
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Differential Coefficient
- Differentiation and Application of Derivatives
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Trigonometrical Equations and Inequations
- Trigonometrical Ratios, Functions, and Identities
Statistics and Mathematical Reasoning
KCET Preparation: Important Tips & Tricks
Candidates can get the detailed KCET preparation tips and tricks below:
- Making short notes has always been a smart way to study and has always helped in revising quickly. These notes can be in the form of flashcards or micro notes.
- Whenever you come across a new formula, note down in these notes and also revise these at end of each day.
- It is very important that with each covered topic and chapter you make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas that will come in handy at the time of revision.
- This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
KCET Preparation: Make A Proper Time Table
- Aspirants in order to make their KCET Preparation more organized and disciplines should prepare a time-table.
- The first and most prominent is that you make a timetable and stick to it. Make a time-table with both short-term and long-term goals that would help you in timely KCET Preparation for the exam.
- The key point here is to make it completely sure that you remember all the things that you’ve prepared.
- Since you are preparing for entrance exams you will be required to put in six to eight hours of study time, followed by a 15-20 minute break.
- Take frequent breaks in between studies so that you are fresh every time you get back to your study routine.
KCET Preparation: Seek Guidance
- In order to save valuable time and attempts, students should seek quality guidance from the best online/offline coaching available.
- They will provide coaching in all subjects of the KCET Exam.
- To know which books to read, coaching to join and what strategy to adopt for KCET Preparation.
- It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed of.
KCET Preparation: Practice Mock Tests
- Mock Tests plays an important role in KCET Preparation. Students should take the trial test before appearing for the final exam so that they can assess their level of preparation.
- Mock tests are important because of the practice they provide.
- Students can appear for a series of mock tests and can track their scores in these tests.
- Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
- Practice KCET mock test to boost your KCET Preparation.
- By practicing the mock test, analyze your performance, time management as well as weak points or subjects.
- Find out your weak points and work on them. Practice, practice, and practice. There is no shortcut.
KCET Preparation: Time Management
- Manage your time in such a way that you are able to go through all the questions at least once in the exam.
- Divide the available time equally among all subjects.
- The reason behind it is there are many questions that are deliberately designed to be complex and end up grabbing the lion’s share of time.
- A good time management strategy for KCET Preparation helps you identify questions that are easier and hence, can be solved in less time.
KCET Preparation: Previous Year Question papers
- Previous Year Question papers are the most authentic source of information for exam pattern.
- Solving these papers give some kind of self-evaluation about speed and time management.
- It will help you to gain confidence during your KCET preparation.
- It helps us to achieve an idea of the latest exam pattern plus important questions, and figure out how much time one needs to spend on each topic.
KCET Preparation: Revision
- As per the latest, KCET Syllabus exam questions will be based on the State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary education.
- Preparation is only successful if it gives you the result. This is possible only when you have a solid and concrete plan.
- Utilize every resource well. Do not pick up new topics in the last few days. It might leave you clueless. When it comes to KCET, more than anything it is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers.
- While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
- The last fifteen days before the examination should be used only for revision. At the time of the revision, you should be more focused on the main exam and refreshing topics.
- Practice all the topics during the time of revision. The key point here is to make it completely sure that you remember all the things that you’ve prepared.
KCET Preparation: Tips During the Exam
- If you find any particular question difficult, make sure that you don’t waste your time trying to solve it. Instead, you should move to the next question and if time permits come back to this question later.
- One thing that is crucial is that you have to clear the sectional cut-off of each section and also the overall cut-off.
- So, if in the Exam, you find any particular section a bit challenging, attempt the minimum number of questions that are required to clear the sectional cut-off of the section.
- Sometimes, the questions can be very tricky. We advise you to read them very carefully before answering.
- In the Exam, avoid using any shortcut that you are not completely sure about.
- Avoid Guesswork in the Exam.
KCET Contact Details
Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560012.
Phone: 080 23460460
Fax: 080 23461576
Frequently Asked Questions On KCET Preparation 2021
Some of the most commonly asked questions on KCET Preparation 2021:
|Q1: Is NCERT enough for KCET? |
Ans: Since NCERT is the reference material for all the examinations, going through NCERT is a must for each and every student. Apart from that, students have to solve all the previous year’s KCET question papers.
|Q2: Where can I take KCET mock tests for free?|
Ans: Candidates can take free KCET mock tests at Embibe.
|Q3: When will KCET 2021 be conducted?|
Ans: KCET 2021 is expected to be conducted in the month of May 2021 (tentatively).
Now, these KCET preparation tips help you on how to prepare for KCET Exam. You are required to get working with your practice regularly! Please, do not leave any stone unturned to make the best of your KCET Preparation.
We hope this detailed article on KCET Preparation Tips helps you. If you have any questions, ask them below and we will get back to you at the earliest.1252 Views