KCET 2021- Karnataka Education Authority (KEA) is expected to release the KCET 2021 information brochure in the month of February 2021 (tentatively) on its official website – cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea. In order to participate in the KCET 2021 examination, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the officials. This state-level entrance exam, KCET 2021, is conducted to determine the eligibility/merit of the candidates seeking admission in various engineering, pharmacy, and agricultural courses across the colleges in Karnataka.
KCET 2021 will be conducted in a pen and paper-based mode. This entrance exam is organized by KEA in order to provide admissions to candidates into Engineering (B.Tech), Architecture, B.Pharm & various other professional courses. Candidates are required to qualify for this entrance test in order to get admission into various private or government institutions. Continue reading this article to know everything about Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2021.
KCET 2021 | Overview
KCET is a Karnataka Common Entrance Test, which is conducted by Karnataka Education Authority (KEA) every year. This state-level exam is conducted in offline mode at various centers across Karnataka. In the previous year, over 20,000 students appeared for this test. Up to 210+ colleges accept its score to grant admission in different engineering, pharmacy, and agriculture courses in colleges of Karnataka.
|KCET Full Form||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||KCET|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Level of Examination||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
KCET Important Dates 2021
KEA is yet to announce the KCET important dates for 2021. However, the below table represents the tentative schedule for Karnataka CET.
|KCET Application Form Release Date||February 2021 (Tentative)|
|Deadline for KCET Registration||To be Announced|
|Past Date to Pay the Application Fee||To be Announced|
|Application Form Correction Facility||To be Announced|
|KCET Admit Card Availability||To be Announced|
|KCET 2021 Exam Dates||To be Announced|
|KCET Result Declaration||To be Announced|
|KCET Counselling 2021||To be Announced|
Note: Once the authority releases the official notification of KCET 2021, we will update the exact dates in the table above. Stay tuned.
Courses Offered Through KCET
After qualifying for the KCET examination, students get opportunities to pursue a wide range of courses. So here is the list of programs one can get admission in by clearing the Karnataka CET exam:
|1||B.Sc in Agriculture|
|2||B.Sc in Sericulture|
|3||B.Sc in Agro BioTech|
|4||B.Sc in Horticulture|
|5||B.Sc in Forestry|
|6||Bachelors in Home Science|
|7||Bachelors in Fisheries|
|8||B.Sc in Agri Marketing and Cooperation|
|9||B.Tech in Agri Engineering|
|10||B.Tech in Food Technology|
|11||B.Tech in Food Science and Technology|
KCET Eligibility Criteria 2021
All the candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as they apply for the Karnataka CET examination. Eligibility criteria are preconditions prescribed by the university guidelines. Failing to fulfill the same, may lead to the rejection of the applicant straightaway. Apart from particular instructions, the academic criteria differ for different courses. Kindly check the detail below:
Candidates applying for Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2021 must be Indian Nationals.
- Candidate should have passed second PUC/ 10+2 or equivalent examination having Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Electronics/ Computer with a minimum aggregate of 45% (40% marks for reserved categories).
- Those who have studied in Karnataka State Open University are not allowed to participate in the selection process of the KCET 2021.
It is mandatory to have English as a language in the KCET 2021 exam.
Academic qualifications for different courses differ accordingly. So it is explained in details below:
|B.Arch||a) Candidates must have passed class 12th/PUC examination in the English language.|
b) They must have studied physics, chemistry, and mathematics,c. Minimum marks required are 50%, While for the reserved category, the minimum marks required are 45%
|MBBS, BDS or any other Medical Course, AYUSH Course||a) Candidates must have passed class 12th/PUC examination in the English language.|
b) They must have studied physics, chemistry, and biology,
c) Minimum marks required are 50%,
d) While for the reserved category, the minimum marks required are 45%
|B.Tech and BE course||a. Candidates must have passed class 12th/PUC examination in the English language|
b) Students must have studied science, i.e. PCM in the class 12th.
c) The minimum marks required to participate in the KCET examination is 50%,
d) Those who fall under the reserved category are supposed to secure a minimum of 45% marks.
|B.V. Sc. and A.H.||a) Candidates must have passed class 12th/PUC examination in the English language.|
b) They must have studied PCB (physics, chemistry, and biology) in class 12th as main subjects
c) Candidates must secure a minimum of 45 % while those who fall under the reserved category will be provided a relaxation of 5%
|B.Pharm||a) Candidates must have passed class 12th/PUC examination in the English language.|
b) They must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects in 10+2.
c) The minimum marks required in 10+2 to participate in the selection process of BPharm are 45% and 40% for the general and reserved category, respectively.
a) Candidates having a diploma in Pharmacy are also eligible to participate in the BPharm course.
b) On a condition that the institute is approved by PCI.
Note: The NATA and NEET scores are considered for admission in architecture and medical courses, respectively.
KCET Registration 2021
Candidates must apply for the Karnataka CET examination by following a certain stepwise procedure as instructed by the official guidelines. Here is a simple stepwise process to apply for the exam:
- 1st Step: Visit the official website of KCET – cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/.
- 2nd Step: Click on the “Register for KCET 2021” option.
- 3rd Step: Fill in the necessary details (personal information, contact details, secret question, etc). After registration, candidates will receive KCET login credentials (username and password). Kindly preserve this information. It will be required for login purposes in the future.
- 4th Step: Now, login to fill KCET application form. Candidates will be required to fill in the essential details such as:
- Student’s information
- Exam details
- Communication address
- Details of previously appeared CET exam (if applicable)
- Academic details
- 5th Step: Now candidates are supposed to upload the essential documents such as a scanned photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression. Kindly note that these documents are uploaded in JPEG format.
- 6th Step: Lastly, the students will be directed to the payment gateway. The application fee structure as prescribed by the officials is tabulated below:
|GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B Candidates of Karnataka||Rs 500|
|SC/ ST/ CAT-1 Candidates of Karnataka||Rs 250|
|Female Candidates||Rs 250|
|Candidates having Studied Outside Karnataka||Rs 750|
KCET Application Form – Document Uploading Specifications
Candidates need to follow the below-listed document specifications to upload their documents successfully while filling the KCET 2021 application form.
|Candidate’s Photograph||6 kb – 39 kb||3.5cm x 4.5 cm||jpg/ jpeg|
|Candidate’s Signature||3 kb – 39 kb||3.5cm x 1.5 cm||jpg/ jpeg|
|Candidate’s Left-hand Thumb Impression||6 kb – 39 kb||3.5cm x 1.5 cm||jpg/ jpeg|
|Parent/Guardian Signature/Thumb Impression||3 kb – 39 kb||3.5cm x 1.5 cm||jpg/ jpeg|
How To Make Corrections In The KCET Application Form?
KEA allows applicants to make changes to the application form of Karnataka CET, in case they have entered any wrong information by mistake. However, the KCET application form correction facility is limited to certain fields. Candidates can follow the stepwise procedure given below to make corrections:
- 1st Step: Visit the official website of KCET.
- 2nd Step: Click on the “Edit Karnataka CET application”.
- 3rd Step: The User ID has to be entered and the OTP will be generated and sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number.
- 4th Step: Enter the OTP (One Time Password) and the details which need to be changed.
- 5th Step: Click on the “Submit” button.
- 6th Step: Now submit the form and download & take a print out of the confirmation page.
Karnataka CET Exam Pattern 2021
The KCET examination 2021, is going to be held in offline mode. Before attempting the test, candidates must be through with the KCET exam pattern as it provides the roadmap of the exam. Check the following segment to know about the exam in detail:
- Mode of exam: KCET 2021 exam will be held in offline mode.
- Type of questions: The paper will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Duration of exam: 80 minutes will be given for completion of each paper.
- Maximum marks: Each paper will be of 60 marks, i.e., the total will be 180 marks.
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative marking: There is no negative marking in the exam.
KCET 2021 Marking Scheme
KCET Syllabus 2021
Candidates can check a brief overview of the KCET syllabus 2021 as shown below:
KCET Syllabus 2021
Electric charges and fields
Electrostatic potential and capacitance
Gravitation Kinetic theory Laws of motion
Magnetism and matter
Mechanical properties of fluids
Mechanical properties of solids
Motion in a plane Motion in a straight line
Moving charges and magnetism
Oscillations Physical world Ray optics and optical instruments
System of particles and rigid body
Thermal properties of matter Units and measurement
Wave optics Waves
Work Energy and power
Dual nature of radiation and matter
Sets Relations and functions
Statistics and probability
Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
|Chemistry||Chemical bonding and molecular structure|
Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
Hydrogen Organic chemistry – some basic principles and technique
Redox reactions S – block elements
Some basic concepts in chemistry
States of matter Gases and liquids
Structure of atom Thermodynamics
KCET Exam Centres 2021
KCET 2021 will be held at 53 exam centres across 29 districts of Karnataka. Candidates are required to select their preferred exam centres while filling the KCET 2021 application form. The allotment of KCET exam centres will be done on the basis of choices selected by the candidates and the availability of seats. The information of the allotted KCET 2021 exam centres will be provided to the candidates via Karnataka CET admit card.
Candidates can refer to the following table to check the KCET 2021 exam centres.
KCET Exam Centres 2021
|S. No||Exam Centre||S. No||Exam Centre|
KCET Admit Card 2021
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will be releasing the KCET 2021 Admit Card one week before the exam in online mode. Candidates must note that KEA will not send the Karnataka CET hall ticket to aspirants by post, e-mail, or courier. Only the candidates who successfully register for the KCET 2021 examination will be able to access the admit cards. KCET admit card is a mandatory document. It has essential information for the examination, such as
- Candidate’s Name
- Parent’s’ Name
- Roll Number
- Course applied for
- Address of Exam Centre
- Reporting and Exam Time
- Exam Day Instructions
Given are the steps to download the KCET hall ticket from the official website:
How To Download KCET Hall Ticket 2021?
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – kea.kar.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link which says “Download KCET Admit Card” (will be updated soon).
- – 3rd Step: Enter your “Application Number “and “Date of Birth” and click on the “Submit” button.
- – 4th Step: The KCET Admit card will appear on the screen.
- – 5th Step: Download it as a PDF and take a few printouts for future references.
Note: Candidates must carry a photo ID proof along with the admit card during the examination day for authentication purposes.
KCET 2021 Answer Key
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will release the KCET answer key in online mode on the official website. The correct responses for all the questions can be checked in the KCET answer key. With the help of it, candidates can compare their responses and estimate their chances of qualifying the test.
How To Download KCET Official Answer Key?
The steps to download KCET 2021 answer key are as under:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of KEA – kea.kar.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link which says “KCET Answer Key 2021” (To be Updated Soon).
- – 3rd Step: Click on the respective subject to download the subject-wise answer key. You will see separate links to download the Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology answer key.
- – 4th Step: Download and take a print out of the same for future references.
KCET Result 2021
The officials of the Karnataka Examination Authority will release the Karnataka CET results in online mode over the official website. Listed are the steps to download the KCET 2021 results:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – kea.kar.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link which says “KCET 2021 Result”.
- – 3rd Step: Enter your registration number.
- – 4th Step: Click on the “Submit” button.
- – 5th Step: The result will be displayed on the screen.
- – 6th Step: Download and take a printout of the same for further references.
KCET Cutoff 2021
KCET Cut Off is released in the form of opening and closing ranks for different programs. Candidates are supposed to secure a minimum cutoff score to qualify for the desired program.
Determining Factors of KCET Cutoff 2021
- The difficulty level of KCET 2021
- The number of candidates registered for the exam.
- Total number of seats available
- Previous year cutoff trends
- Performance of the candidates in KCET 2021.
Candidates can check below the previous year cutoff for some of the top engineering colleges:
|Round 1 Cutoff||General Cutoff|
|Round 2 Cutoff||General Cutoff|
KCET 2021 Counselling
The shortlisted candidates will be invited for the KCET Counselling rounds. This is the last phase of the admission process in the respective program.
The KCET 2021 Counselling involves the following four stages:
|1st Stage: Registration & Document Verification|
|2nd Stage: Choice Filling & Locking|
|3rd Stage: Seat Allotment|
|4th Stage: Reporting to Allotted Colleges for Admission|
Frequently Asked Questions On KCET 2021
Some of the most commonly asked questions on KCET 2021 are:
|Q1: I have made a mistake while entering my personal information. Will there be an application correction window in the KCET registration process? |
Ans: Yes, there will be a provision of an application correction window in the KCET 2021 examination process.
|Q2: What after KCET 2021 Application Form? |
Ans: All the registered candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria will be able to download their KCET 2021 admit card.
|Q3: How can I retrieve my forgotten Karnataka CET password? |
Ans: Candidates will be able to retrieve their password by clicking on the “Forget password” link and providing the required details such as User ID, the Application Number, Security Question, Answer, and Security Code.
|Q4: Is KCET also for lateral entry into engineering courses? |
Ans: KCET 2021 shall be conducted for admissions into the first year of engineering and other courses. There is no provision for lateral entry admissions.
|Q5: How will I know about my allotted KCET exam centre 2021? |
Ans: Details of the exam centre venue and address will be communicated to the candidates via KCET admit card.
Regular mock tests will boost your confidence; so, attempt the free KCET mock tests available on Embibe. KCET cutoff marks is to be kept in mind while going ahead with your Karnataka CET preparation. Do not leave any stone unturned to make the best of your KCET preparation. Remember to solve as many questions as you can during practice.
We hope this detailed article on KCET 2021 helps you. For any queries related to Karnataka CET Exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned with embibe.com for the latest updates on KCET 2021413 Views