KVPY Exam Pattern 2020: The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an annual scholarship program conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) to enable students to take up research careers in the areas of Basic Sciences. Before you start off with your KVPY preparation, it is mandatory for you to have a thorough knowledge of KVPY exam pattern. KVPY 2020 exam is most likely to be conducted in the 1st week of November 2020.
KVPY is an extremely competitive and tough exam. You are required to prepare for this diligently in order to crack this exam. Knowing the KVPY paper pattern will aid you in knowing the marking scheme, type of questions, etc. which, in turn, will help you plan your preparation better. Keeping this in mind, we are providing you with this detailed article on KVPY exam pattern 2020.
KVPY Exam Pattern 2020
Before getting into the details of KVPY exam pattern 2020, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2020|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Sections||Four|
|Maximum Marks||SA – 100 Marks|
SB/SX – 160 Marks
|Time Duration||Three Hours|
KVPY 2020 involves two stages of selection:
- Aptitude Test and
- Personal Interview
Candidates need to clear the Aptitude Test to be eligible for the Interview process. The KVPY Aptitude Test for all three streams comprises 4 sections. Let us give you a detailed look at the KVPY exam pattern:
KVPY Exam Pattern For SA stream
- SA stream exam is held in the morning shift i.e. from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- The exam duration is of 3 hours.
- Total number of questions in the SA stream is 80
Part I – 60 Questions
Part II – 20 Questions
- In Part I, Each correct answer will carry 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- In Part II of Stream SA, for each correct response, two marks will be awarded to the candidates & 0.5 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- All questions are mandatory to be attempted.
- Total marks for the SA stream are 100.
|SA Stream – KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern|
KVPY Exam Pattern For SA
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
|Physics||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Chemistry||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Mathematics||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Biology||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
KVPY Exam Pattern For SB/SX stream
- SX/SB Stream exam is held from 2 pm to 5 pm.
- The exam duration for the KVPY exam for SB/SX streams is 3 hours.
- The question paper is of 160 marks.
- Part I is of 80 questions and part II carries 40 questions. Students need to attempt only 80 questions in total.
- Students must attempt any 3 sections from part 1 (20*3=60 marks) and any 2 sections from part 2=(20*2=40).
- In Part I of SB/SX Stream, one mark will be awarded for correct response & 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- In Part II of Stream SB/ SX, for each correct response, two marks will be awarded & 0.5 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
|SB/SX Stream – KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
|Physics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Chemistry||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Mathematics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Biology||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
Now you have a clear idea about KVPY Exam Pattern 2020. But knowing the KVPY paper pattern is not enough, you also need to have a detailed knowledge of the KVPY Syllabus. Then plan your preparation for the exam accordingly. You can take Class 10 PCMB Mock Tests and Class 12 PCMB Practice Questions for free on Embibe which will help you in your preparation for the exam.
We hope this detailed article on KVPY Exam Pattern 2020 helps you. If you have any query, do reach out to us in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.1168 Views