KVPY Eligibility: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a scholarship program that aims at encouraging candidates to take up research careers in the areas of basic sciences. The program is funded by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India. Candidates who wish to apply for KVPY 2020, should know the KVPY eligibility criteria. Only those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria for KVPY Fellowship should fill the application form. So, in this article, we are providing you with all the necessary information about KVPY eligibility criteria.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before getting into the detailed eligibility criteria for KVPY Fellowship, let us first have an overview of the exam:
|Exam Name||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore|
|Exam Centers||54 Centers Pan India|
|Streams||SA, SB, and SX|
|Exam Date||31st January 2021|
KVPY exam for all three streams has two stages – Aptitude Test and Interview. Based on the result of Aptitude Test candidates are called for the Interview process. In order to get the scholarship, students need to clear both Aptitude Test as well as Interview. The weightage of the Aptitude Test is 75% whereas the Interview has 25% weightage.
Please note that for KVPY 2020-21, no interviews will be conducted because of the current Coronavirus situation.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020-21
Candidates applying for any of the three streams should be an Indian National. In addition, candidates must meet the following KVPY 2020 eligibility criteria:
|KVPY 2020-21 Eligibility For Stream SA|
- i) Due to the prevailing COVID-19 situation, as a one-time measure, students who have passed X Standard Board Examination and are eligible to enroll in XI Standard (Science) during the academic year 2020-21, are eligible to appear for the KVPY Aptitude Test.
- ii) The student should produce a study certificate of Class XI once they are selected as a provisional KVPY fellow.
- iii) The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join for an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. ) in the academic year 2022-23 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in the Science subjects of the XII Standard (+2) Board Examination.
- iv) During the interim period of one year they will be invited to the National Science Camp (Vijyoshi) and their travel expenses and local hospitality will be met by KVPY.
|KVPY 2020 Eligibility For Stream SX|
- i) Candidates who are going to finish their Class 12 during the academic year 2020-21 can apply for this stream.
- ii) They should obtain a minimum of 75% (65% marks for SC/ST/PwD) marks in aggregate in Science and Mathematics in Class 10 in the academic year 2018-19.
- iii) Candidates should score at least 60% (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in Science and Mathematics in 12th Class during the year 2020-21.
- iv) The students should enroll themselves in an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B. Sc/B. S/B. Stat/B. Math/Int. M. Sc/Int. M. S) in the year 2021-22 so as to get their scholarship activated.
|KVPY 2020 Eligibility For Stream SB|
- i) Due to the prevailing COVID-19 situation, as a one-time measure, students who have passed the XII Board Examination and are eligible to enroll in the 1st year of B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. during the academic year 2020–21 are eligible to appear for the Aptitude Test.
- ii) The student should produce a study certificate of 1st year B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. once they are selected as a provisional KVPY fellow.
- iii) The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they have joined an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. ) in the academic year 2020-21. Also, they must secure a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in the Science subjects of 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S to get the fellowship.
Verification Of KVPY 2020 Eligibility
If a candidate gets to appear for the KVPY 2020 exam, it does not mean that his KVPY 2020 eligibility criteria are verified. Before selecting the candidate for the scholarship program, his eligibility criteria will be checked and verified by the concerned authorities. It is, therefore, extremely important for candidates to check their eligibility before applying for the exam. Providing false, inaccurate, or wrong information can lead to cancellation of the candidature at any stage of the exam.
FAQs Related To KVPY Eligibility 2020
Some of the FAQs and their answers are as under:
A: Yes, students from Class 11 are eligible for KVPY. They can take the KVPY Aptitude Test in SA and SX streams.
A: The minimum marks required to qualify in KVPY depends on the cutoff score. For KVPY 2019, the cutoff score was 50 out of 100 in the SA stream for General category students.
A: Yes, candidates are allowed to take the KVPY exam in the Hindi language.
A: Based on the result of the Aptitude Test, candidates are called for the Interview process. For the final selection, the weightage of the Aptitude Test is 75% whereas the Interview has 25% weightage.
A: You can check if you are eligible for KVPY exam or not by checking the KVPY eligibility criteria for 2020-21. You can check the list of KVPY streams (SA/SX/SB) on Embibe for which you are eligible.
So, now you have all the necessary details about KVPY eligibility 2020. Start your preparation now itself so that you finish the syllabus at the earliest and have enough time for revision. Prepare well and ace the exam with flying colors.
We hope this article on KVPY 2020 Eligibility helps you. If you have any queries pertaining to KVPY eligibility or the exam in general, feel free to drop your questions in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.357 Views