KVPY Registration Form 2019: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana or KVPY is a national-level fellowship/scholarship program conducted every year by the Indian Institue of Science (IISc), Bangalore. This is a prestigious scholarship program the exam of which is conducted in the month of November. KVPY 2019 is scheduled on 3rd November 2019. In order to appear for the exam, candidates need to fill up the KVPY registration form. KVPY application form will be out in the 2nd week of July 2019. Aspirants must check out the KVPY eligibility criteria before filling up the KVPY registration form. Also, a thorough knowledge of KVPY registration process will help a lot in applying for the exam. In this article, all necessary information regarding KVPY registration form 2019 is provided. Fill up KVPY Admission Form Here!
KVPY Registration Form 2019
Let us first go through the tentative schedule for KVPY 2019. We will update you with the official dates once it is announced.
|Online Registration Begins||8th July 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||4th Week of August 2019|
|Release of KVPY Admit Card||2nd Week of October 2019|
|KVPY 2019 Aptitude Test||3rd November 2019 (Released)|
|Release of KVPY Answer Key||4th Week of November 2019|
|Declaration of Aptitude Test Result||December 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result||April 2020|
KVPY Registration Form 2019: KVPY Eligibility Criteria
As mentioned above, before applying for the exam, candidates must check the KVPY 2019 eligibility criteria.
KVPY is conducted for three streams – Stream SA, Stream SX, and Stream SB. The eligibility criteria for these three streams are as under:
KVPY Eligibility For Stream SA:
1. Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India.
2. Educational Qualification: Applicants who are studying in Class 11 and have passed Class 10 with Mathematics and Science can apply for the exam.
3. Minimum Marks: Candidates belonging to General category must secure 75% aggregate marks in Maths and Science in the qualifying exam. The minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates is 65%.
KVPY Eligibility For Stream SX:
1. Nationality: The applicant should be a citizen of India.
2. Educational Qualification: Students of Class 12 (Science Stream) from a recognized board or institution can go ahead with the KVPY registration process.
3. Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured 75% aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science subjects in their Class 10 board exams. For candidates belonging to reserved categories, the minimum qualifying marks is 65%.
KVPY Eligibility For Stream SB:
1. Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India.
2. Educational Qualification: Applicants should be currently in the 1st year of an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc/B.S/B.Math/B.Stat/Int. MSc/Int. M.S).
3. Minimum Marks: Candidates belonging to General category must obtain 60% aggregate in Maths and Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) subjects in their Class 12 board exams. SC/ST/PwD aspirants should have obtained 50% marks. Candidates should also secure 60% marks in their 1st-year final examination. For candidates belonging to Reserved categories, the minimum marks in 1st year is 50%.
Pre-requisites For Filling Up KVPY Registration Form
Keep the following things ready before you start filling up your KVPY application form 2o19:
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Contact Number
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned Photograph
- Class 10 and 12 Hall Ticket
- Class 10 and 12 Marksheet
- Caste Certificate
- Residential Proof
- Income Certificate
- Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking Details
How To Fill The KVPY Registration Form?
Follow the steps as under to fill up the KVPY application form 2019:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of KVPY – kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- – 2nd Step: Click on the “Applications” tab or click on “Login for Application” provided at the right side of the screen.
- – 3rd Step: Read the instructions carefully, tick the confirmation checkbox, and click on the “Login” option.
- – 4th Step: Now, click on “Click Here for Registration”.
- – 5th Step: Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Presently Studying in, Stream, Email ID, and Mobile Number
- – 6th Step: Enter the captcha, check the “I Agree” option and click on “Register” to complete the registration process.
- – 7th Step: Note down the Login ID and Password you received via text message and email.
- – 8th Step: Now, log in using your Login ID and Password.
- – 9th Step: Enter your Personal, Educational, and Residential details.
- – 10th Step: Upload scanned copies of your Photograph, Signature, and Caste Certificates (if any).
- – 11th Step: Now, click on the “Submit” button.
- – 12th Step: Make the payment of your KVPY application fee.
- – 13th Step: Re-login after 2 days to check your application status.
- – 14th Step: Download the KVPY application form and take its print out for future use.
KVPY Application Fee
Candidates can make payment of KVPY application fee either in the online or offline mode. In the online mode, candidates can use Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking to make the payment. For offline fee payment, applicants can pay through e-Challan. The category-wise KVPY registration form fee is tabulated below:
|General||Rs 1000 (excluding taxes)|
|SC/ST||Rs 500 (excluding taxes)|
|PwD||Rs 500 (excluding taxes)|
Rejection Of KVPY Registration Form
The acceptance of your KVPY application form totally lies at the discretion of the authority. The body has its own set of rules for accepting your KVPY application. The authorities have the right to reject your KVPY registration without further bringing it to your notice. Your KVPY registration form can stand void on the following grounds:
- Eligibility criteria are not met
- Submitting the KVPY registration form after the due date
- The application is incomplete
- Providing false or misleading information
Now that you have all the information regarding KVPY registration form, we hope you do not face any difficulty while filling up the KVPY application form.
Do not wait for the release of KVPY registration form. Start your preparation now itself. The sooner you finish the KVPY syllabus, the better. This way you will get enough time to revise the syllabus.
At Embibe, you can solve Class 10 PCMB practice questions and Class 11-12 PCMB practice questions for free and view detailed solutions. These practice questions will be extremely beneficial to you in your preparation for KVPY 2019. So, make the best use of these resources and crack the exam with flying colors.
Embibe wishes you All the best!
If you have any question pertaining to KVPY Registration Form 2019, feel free to drop your queries in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.863 Views