KVPY Login 2021: Application Login, Register HereSeptember 2, 2021
39 Insightful Publications
KVPY Registration 2022: The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana or popularly known as KVPY, is a National Program of fellowship in Basic Sciences. Every year the KVPY exam is conducted by the Indian KVPY Aptitude Test has been scrapped, but it was subsumed with INSPIRE as decided by DST. The registrations are going on, and KVPY 2022 Application form can be filled out on the official website.
IISc, Bangalore released the KVPY (INSPIRE) application form 2022 form in July, and the last date to fill the same is the last week of August. Only candidates who fill out the application form can appear in the KVPY examination. This article focuses on all the necessary information related to KVPY registration form 2022.
Before getting into the details of the KVPY registration process, let’s have a look at the important dates:
|Opening of Online Registration||Second Week of July 2022|
|Closing of Online Registration||Last Week of August 2022|
|Application Deadline with Late Fee||Last Week of August 2022|
|Release of KVPY Admit Card||October 2022|
|KVPY 2022 Exam Date||November 2022|
|Release of KVPY Answer Key||To be Announced|
|Declaration of KVPY Result||To be Announced|
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana or popularly known as KVPY is a National Program of fellowship in Basic Sciences. The KVPY program was an initiative taken by the Government of India’s Department of Sciences, thereby also funded by the government. This program is designed to bring students together who divulge in basic science courses and research careers. This program aims to pick candidates who excel in research talent and aptitude, help them understand their academic potential, and inspire them to opt for a Scientific research career.
As mentioned above, before applying for the exam, candidates must check the KVPY 2022 eligibility criteria. KVPY is conducted for three streams – Stream SA, Stream SX, and Stream SB. The eligibility criteria for these three streams are as under:
KVPY Eligibility for Stream SA:
1. Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India.
2. Educational Qualification: Students who have passed X Standard Board Examination and are eligible to enrol in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2022 are eligible to appear for the aptitude test. The student should produce a study certificate of Class XI once they are selected as a provisional KVPY SX fellow.
3. Minimum Marks: Candidates belonging to the General category must secure 75% aggregate marks in Maths and Science in the qualifying exam. The minimum qualifying mark for SC/ST/PwD candidates is 65%.
KVPY Eligibility for Stream SX:
1. Nationality: The applicant should be a citizen of India.
2. Educational Qualification: Students who have passed the XII Board Examination and are eligible to enrol in the 1st year of B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2022–23 are eligible to appear for the aptitude test.
3. Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured 75% aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science subjects in their Class 10 board exams. For candidates belonging to reserved categories, the minimum qualifying marks is 65%.
KVPY Eligibility for Stream SB:
1. Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India.
2. Educational Qualification: Applicants should be currently in the 1st year of an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (BSc/BS/BMath/BStat/IntMSc/IntMS)
3. Minimum Marks: Candidates belonging to the General category must obtain 60% aggregate in Maths and Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) subjects in their Class 12 board exams. SC/ST/PwD aspirants should have obtained 50% marks. Candidates should also secure 60% marks in their 1st-year final examination. For candidates belonging to Reserved categories, the minimum marks in the 1st year are 50%.
Keep the following things ready before you start filling up your KVPY application form 2022:
1. Proof of Date of Birth
2. Email ID
3. Contact Number
4. Scanned Signature
5. Scanned Photograph
6. Class 10 and 12 Hall Ticket
7. Class 10 and 12 Marksheet
8. Caste Certificate
9. Residential Proof
10. Income Certificate
11. Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking Details
Follow the steps given below to fill up the KVPY application form 2022:
Candidates can make payment of the KVPY application fee either online or offline mode. In the online mode, candidates can use Debit Card, Credit Card, or Net Banking to make the payment. For offline fee payment, applicants can pay through e-Challan. The category-wise KVPY registration form fee is tabulated below:
The acceptance of your KVPY application form totally lies at the discretion of the authority. The body has its own set of rules for accepting your KVPY application. The authorities have the right to reject your KVPY registration without further bringing it to your notice. Your KVPY registration form can stand void on the following grounds:
The details of KVPY fellowships are mentioned in the table below:
|Category||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
(During the first to third years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. Integrated M.Sc./M.S.)
|Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
(During M.Sc./fourth to fifth years of Integrated M.Sc./M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.
|Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
The selection process of the candidates is based on their performance in the KVPY (INSPIRE) Aptitude Test only. The scholarship will be offered to the candidates who have successfully cleared the aptitude test.
1. The written test will evaluate the candidates on their reasoning and analytical abilities.
2. To clear the test, candidates will have to score 75% marks out of the total weightage.
Q.1: When the KVPY 2022 application process will start?
Ans: KVPY 2022 application form was released in the second week of July.
Q.2: On which date KVPY 2022 exams will be conducted?
Ans: KVPY (INSPIRE) 2022 will be tentatively held in November 2022.
Q.3: Where can I check KVPY 2022 results?
Ans: KVPY 2022 aptitude test results will be available on the official website of KVPY.
Q.4: I already have a scholarship. Can I still apply for the KVPY fellowship?
Ans: No. To avail KVPY fellowship, you will have to relinquish the other scholarship.
Q.5: Is KVPY tough to qualify?
Ans: Most of the students consider the KVPY Aptitude Test tougher than other exams. However, it depends on your preparation level and your knowledge of the subject.
We hope this detailed article on KVPY Registration helps you. If you have any queries regarding this article or in general, please reach out to us. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned to Embibe for the latest updates on the KVPY exam 2022!
Unleash Your True Potential With Personalised Learning on EMBIBECreate Free Account