Mock Tests– Mock Tests are like practice papers based on the latest syllabus and pattern of an examination. Several Government authorities and institutes provide mock tests for preparation. The conducting bodies of the major competitive exams such as NEET, CET, JEE Main, etc. provide mock tests online. The purpose of releasing the tests is to familiarize the aspirants with the pattern and difficulty of the actual exam. Mock tests are a vital part of the preparation for a competitive exam. They are the simulation of the actual exams, which helps the candidates to get a real-time experience of the main examination.
Some authorities release a series of mock tests with different sets of questions. Aspirants must appear for the test to analyze their performance. Aspirants need to submit the test within the specified duration. One can appear for the online test anywhere and anytime increasing its accessibility. Read the article to know more about the mock test.
The officials intimate the availability of mock tests on the official website of the conducting body. Aspirants must take the mock test frequently to get access to a variety of questions. Only the candidates who have applied for the exam can take the test. Check below the list of mock tests of the major exams-
List of Mock Tests
|Name of the Exam||Conducting Body||Mock Test|
|JEE Main||National Testing Agency||JEE Main Mock Test|
|NEET||National Testing Agency||NEET Mock Test|
|CET||State-run Universities||CET Mock Test|
|BITSAT||Birla Institute of Technology |
and Science (BITS) Pilani
|BITSAT Mock Test|
|GATE||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay||GATE Mock Test|
|JEE Advanced||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi||JEE Advanced Mock Test|
Mock Tests: Benefits Of Taking A Mock Test
Aspirants who take the competitive exam must practice mock tests. It is similar to the exam paper and allows the candidates to prepare for the examination. The officials prepare the mock test as per the current exam pattern and syllabus. In case of any changes in the pattern of the exam, the officials update it in the mock test for the practice of the aspirants. Check below the benefits of mock tests-
- Aspirants do not have a habit of setting for long hours and attempting questions. Regular practice with the mock test helps aspirants to develop concentration and stamina.
- The online mock test helps candidates to practice a variety of questions from anywhere anytime.
- The mock tests are based on the current syllabus. Hence, aspirants can use the mock test to test their level of preparation.
- Mock tests help candidates to know their strong and weak areas for improvement.
- Attempting the mock test helps aspirants to revise all topics efficiently.
- Mock tests aware the aspirants of the exam conditions and helps them enhance their speed and accuracy in answering the questions.
- Taking a series of mock tests to enhance the performance of the candidate and motivates them to perform well.
- The mock test involves exam conditions. Hence, it removes the exam fear of the aspirants.
- Through mock tests, aspirants are able to know the exam pattern, marking scheme, and nature of questions.
- It gives them feedback on the aspirant’s performance.
How to Attempt Mock Tests?
The aspirants who wish to take the mock tests need to follow a series of steps. The officials provide the mock test facility online. Only the registered applicants can take the test. Candidates must read the instructions present at the start of the mock test carefully to avoid any confusion. The links to take the mock test will be available on the official website of the respective exam conducting body. Check below the steps to attempt the mock tests-
1st Step: Visit the official website of the respective exam conducting body.
2nd Step: Click on the link available to attempt the mock test on the home page.
3rd Step: Login (if required) with the necessary details.
4th Step: Read the general instructions carefully.
5th Steps: Click on the ‘next’ button and tick the declaration to proceed.
6th Step: Click on the ‘ready’ button to begin the test.
Mock Tests – Frequently Asked Questions
|Q1. How do I write a mock test?|
Ans: Aspirants need to attempt the mock test online at the official website of the respective exam conducting body.
|Q2. How can I improve my mock test score?|
Ans: Aspirants must analyze their scores after every test and evaluate their weak areas. Working on the weak section helps the aspirants to increase their mock test scores.
|Q3. What happens if I fail my mocks?|
Ans: Mock tests are only for the purpose to help aspirants know their weak areas. Failing the mock test only means that you need to prepare again for the test.
|Q4. Do mock test marks matter?|
Ans: Not actually, however, one must prepare well for the mock test to analyze their performance.
|Q5. Do I need to login to attempt the mock test?|
Ans: In some exams, aspirants may need to login to attempt the mock test.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to catch all the updates about the Mock Tests.110 Views