VITEEE Application Form 2020: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has extended the dates of filling the VITEEE Application Form until further notice. The officials have announced the new exam dates of VITEEE which will be conducted between July 29 to August 2, 2020. As the registration process was scheduled to be concluded on March 22, it has now been extended due to the current lockdown situation. Candidates can fill the VITEEE application form in both offline and online mode. For online mode, we have provided a direct link below. For offline registration, you need to visit a university campus or the designated centres made by the VIT.
VITEEE is conducted by VIT University for admission to undergraduate engineering courses at the university. In this article, we will guide you through every essential step on how to fill your VITEEE application form as well as related events. You can bookmark this page to stay updated regarding the VITEEE important dates and events.
VITEEE Application Form 2020
Before we dive deeper into the details of the VITEEE Application Form 2020, let us take a quick overview of the exam.
|Name of the Exam||VIT Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Commonly called as||VITEEE|
|Conducting Institute||VIT University|
|Purpose||Admission to UG engineering programmes|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|Duration of the Exam||2.5 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Type Questions (MCQs)|
|Application Procedure||Both offline & online|
VITEEE Application Form: Exam Dates
The important dates related to the VITEEE Application Form events are given below. This will assist you in keeping up to date about the information related to the VITEEE exam:
|VITEEE Application Form Availability||September 27, 2019|
|VITEEE Application Form 2020 Last Date|
Extended until further notice
|The last date to edit the online application||To be Notified|
|VITEEE Exam||July 29 to August 2, 2020 (Announced)|
|VITEEE Result||To be Notified|
|VITEEE Counselling||To be Notified|
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria
We advise you to go through this section before applying for the exam. Failing to fulfil any of the given eligibility criteria, your VITEEE application form will get rejected.
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident /Non-Resident Indian National.
- Foreign Candidates studied/studying abroad can apply directly through foreign category only. For them, a separate application form will be made available. You can check the official website for more details.
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2020 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2020, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining. Other Open School candidates are not eligible for VITEEE.
- Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible to appear for VITEEE-2020.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2020 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura. CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-engineering and B.Tech. Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (specialization in Bioinformatics) and Electronics and Communication with specialization in Biomedical Engineering but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2020. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
VITEEE Application Fees
Your VITEEE Application Form will not be completed if you failed to pay the desired application fees.
Offline (OMR) VITEEE Application Form Fees
The offline VITEEE Application Form can be obtained at the cost of Rs. 1200/- from the following:
- A designated list of post offices throughout India.
- By producing the Demand Draft of the said amount in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, in person, from VIT campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, and Amaravati.
Online VITEEE Application Form Fees
Candidates can apply for VITEEE 2020 online at www.vit.ac.in through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/Paytm. The fee details are mentioned below:
- Rs. 1150/- for General candidates
- US$ 50 for NRI candidates and candidates choosing international test centres.
Quick Note: Online applicants do not have to send the hardcopy of their application forms to any reporting institutions.
How To Fill VITEEE Online Form 2020?
Candidates can fill the VITEEE Application Form from the official website along with the instructions guiding him on how to register. Registered users can then fill the online application form by entering their name, nationality, date of birth, e-mail address and mobile number. A password will be generated and candidates can log in and fill the other details in the application form.
The online application procedure for VITEEE 2020 comprises of the following steps:
Step-1: VITEEE Application Form – Registration
To get registered, the candidate has to go to the registration window and enter the following details:
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
After furnishing these details, the candidate has to click on the “Register” button. Upon successful registration, the password for log-in would be sent to the registered email ID and contact number of the candidate.
You can use that password which is sent to you on your email ID and log in to your VIT portal. You will be able to access the online VITEEE Application Form 2020.
Step-3 Filling All The Details in VITEEE Application Form
The application form has a series of sections that the candidate needs to fill. It has sections like Personal details, education details, examinations passed, and more.
- Date of birth
- Blood group
- Mother tongue
- Native state
- Address for correspondence
- Hostel Accommodation (If desirous)
- Medium of instruction
- Mode of study
Qualifying Exam Passed/Appearing – 12th Standard
- Name of the board
- Roll No./Registration No./Seat No. (If already allocated)
- Name of the school
Address of the school
- Area Name
- Town/ City
- Pin Code
After you have entered all these details, clicking on the “Submit” button will generate a unique application number. Note it down and keep it safe for future reference.
Step-4: Payment of Application Fee
The final step of the VITEEE application form filling process is the payment of the application fee. Please note that the candidates do not have to send any hard copies of the application form to the university after the payment.
Step-5: Upload Photo & Signature
The last stage of filling the VITEEE Application Form 2020 is the uploading of photo and signature in the prescribed format. Adhering to these formats is necessary in order to successfully apply for VITEEE 2020. The details are given below:
|Size: 10 kb to 200 kb||Size: 10kb to 200kb|
|Dimension: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||Dimension: 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|It must be clear and should not be a selfie||It must be clearly visible and must not be in capital letters.|
How To Fill Offline (OMR) VITEEE Application Form 2020?
Candidates can refer to these steps if they want to fill their VITEEE Application Form in offline mode.
- Candidates must fill their offline application form carefully and sent it in the envelope that is provided.
- They must affix a photograph as specified in the VITEEE application form and sign at the designated place.
- The signature of the parent or guardian is also mandatory.
- The filled application form should be sent either by registered post or speed post. The duly completed VITEEE application form should be enclosed in a printed envelope and must reach either by registered post/speed post to the following address:
Director-UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore- 632014
- Candidates will receive an SMS about the receipt of your application form.
There can be some challenges while filling the information in your application forms. There are chances to make some errors while filling the details. Therefore, in the next section, we will guide you on how you can edit your VITEEE Application Form 2020.
VITEEE Application Form Correction
The candidates can edit errors in the application form within the scheduled time period. Once the deadline to make changes ends, requests for corrections will not be entertained. Please note that an incorrect application form will not be accepted.
VITEEE Application Form Status
Applicants of VITEEE can check the status of their VITEEE application form from the official website. VIT University will provide the facility to check the status of the application form a few days after the form submission starts. For checking status-
- Visit the official website of VIT University.
- Log in to your candidate portal with the help of registered email ID and password.
- Click on Submit.
- You will be able to see the status of your VITEEE Application Form.
VITEEE Application Form 2020: Contact Details
In case of any issues related to VITEEE Application Form, candidates can contact the officials through the following mediums:
|Contact Number||Phone: 0416-2245544 (Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 9 PM)|
Toll-Free Number: 1800-102-0536
|Address||Director – UG Admission, |
VIT University, Vellore – 632014,
Tami Nadu, India
VITEEE Application Form: Important FAQs
You can check the important FAQs asked by the candidates relevant to VITEEE application form:
Ans: VITEEE is Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam. The corresponding entrance test is conducted to get admissions into the engineering courses across various VIT campuses.
Ans: The registration dates of the VITEEE Application Form were September 27, 2019 to March 22, 2020. However, due to current COVID-19 pandemic situation, the registration dates have been further extended.
Ans: You will be able to change your personal details by logging into your VIT portal and selecting
Ans: No, it is not necessary to bring your VITEEE application form printout along with your admit card while appearing for your exams. You can check VITEEE Admit Card article for more reference.
Attempt Free VITEEE Mock Test Series On Embibe
As you prepare for your VIT Entrance Exam to get into one of the VIT campuses, it’s important that you stay focussed throughout your preparation. This is why Embibe brings you a concrete platform to study from more than 15,000 concepts that build your knowledge area from basic to advanced. Furthermore, you can attempt our free online VITEEE Mock Tests and VITEEE Previous Year Papers.
That’s not even the best part! You can even avail of a personalized test analysis after every test which will pinpoint your weaknesses and tell you exactly where you need to improve. Furthermore, it will help you improve your test-taking skills where you will get to know about the importance of time management and question selection.
Now that you know about the VITEEE Application Form 2020, we certainly hope that you will find this article useful. If you have any queries or suggestions related to any exam or study materials, you can get in touch with us or simply drop a comment below. We will surely assist you.
Embibe wishes you good luck for VITEEE 2020!87 Views