VITEEE Application Form 2020 has been made available from September 27, 2019. VITEEE Application Form is available both in offline and online mode. The offline VITEEE application form has been made available in selected post offices and VIT campuses from September 27. Candidates can fill the online application form of VITEEE until March 21, 2020.
VITEEE is conducted by VIT University for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes at the university. VIT University will conduct VITEEE 2020 online from the Second week of April to third week of April 2020. Read on to know all about the VITEEE Application Form 2020.
VITEEE Application Form 2020
Before we dive into the details of the VITEEE Application Form 2020, let us first have a quick overview of the VITEEE exam, its important dates and eligibility criteria.
VITEEE 2020: An Overview
|Name of the Exam||
VIT Engineering Entrance Exam
|Commonly called as||
Admission to UG engineering programmes
|Mode of Exam||
|Duration of the Exam||
|Type of questions||
Multiple Choice Type Questions (MCQs)
Both offline & online
VITEEE Application Form: Important Dates
|VITEEE Application Form Availability||September 27, 2019|
|VITEEE Application Form 2020 Last Date||February 29, 2020|
|The last date to edit the online application||March 21, 2020|
|VITEEE Slot Booking||Third Week of March 2020|
|VITEEE Exam||Second to Third Week of April 2020|
|VITEEE Result||April 30, 2020|
|VITEEE Counselling||Second or Third Week of May 2020|
VITEEE Application Form: Eligibility Criteria
- (a) The applicant for admission should be a Resident /Non-Resident Indian National.
- (b) Foreign Candidates studied/studying abroad can apply directly through foreign category only. A separate application form is made available. Kindly check our website for details.
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2020 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2020, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- (a) The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi.
- (b) Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- (c) High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- (d) General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- (e) As per VIT Norms, Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining. Other Open School candidates are not eligible for VITEEE.
- (f) Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible to appear for VITEEE-2020.
- (a)Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2020 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- (b)The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- (c) Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes.
- (d) Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-engineering and B.Tech. Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (specialization in Bioinformatics) and Electronics and Communication with specialization in Biomedical Engineering but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2020. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
VITEEE Application Form: Application Fees
Offline (OMR) VITEEE Application Form Fees
The offline VITEEE Application Form can be obtained at the cost of Rs. 1200/- from the following:
- (a) Designated list of post offices throughout India.
- (b) By producing the Demand Draft of said amount in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, in person, from VIT campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amaravati.
Online VITEEE Application Form Fees
Candidates can apply for VITEEE 2020 online at www.vit.ac.in through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/Paytm. The fee details are mentioned below:
- (a) Rs. 1150/- for General candidates
- (b) US$ 50 for NRI candidates and candidates choosing international test centres.
Note: Online applicants should not send the hardcopy of the VITEEE application form.
How to fill offline (OMR) VITEEE Application Form 2020?
- Candidates must fill the VITEEE offline application form carefully and sent it in the envelope that is provided.
- They must affix a photograph as specified in the VITEEE application form and sign at the designated place.
- The signature of the parent or guardian is also mandatory.
- The filled VITEEE application form should be sent either by registered post or speed post. The duly completed VITEEE application form should be enclosed in a printed envelope and must reach either by registered post/speed post to the following address:
Director-UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore- 632014
- Candidates will receive an SMS about the receipt of the VITEEE application form.
How to fill online VITEEE Application Form 2020?
The online VITEEE Application Form is available at the official website along with instructions on how to register. Registered users can then fill the online VITEEE application form 2020 by entering their name, nationality, date of birth, e-mail address and mobile number. A password will be generated and candidates can log in and fill the other details in the VITEEE Application Form.
The online application procedure for VITEEE 2020 involves the following steps:-
1. VITEEE Application Form – Registration
To get registered, the candidate has to go to the registration window and enter the following details:-
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
After furnishing these details, the candidate has to click on the “Register” button. Upon successful registration, the password for log-in would be sent by VIT University to the registered email ID and contact number of the candidate.
2. Confirm Password
Using the password sent by VIT University and the email ID used during registration, the candidate has to log-in to the newly registered account to access the online application.
3. Filling of VITEEE Application Form
The application form of VITEEE 2020 has a series of sections that the candidate has to fill.
- Date of birth
- Blood group
- Mother tongue
- Native state
- Address for correspondence
- Hostel Accommodation (If desirous)
- Medium of instruction
- Mode of study
Qualifying Exam Passed/ Appearing – 12th Standards
- Name of the board
- Roll No./Registration No./Seat No. (If already allocated)
- Name of the school
Address of the school
- Area Name
- Town/ City
- Pin Code
Generation of Application Number
After entering all the essential details, the candidate needs to click on the “Submit” button, which will generate an application number. The candidate needs to note it down as it will be required for future correspondence.
4. Payment of Application Fee
The final step of the VITEEE application form filling process is the payment of the VITEEE application fee. Candidates DO NOT need to send in hard copies of the VITEEE Application Form to the university after the payment.
5. Upload Photo & Signature
The last stage of filling the VITEEE Application Form 2020 is the uploading of photo and signature in the prescribed format.
VITEEE Application Form | Specification for photograph and signature
|Size of the scanned photo must be between 10 kb to 200 kb||Size of the scanned copy of the signature should be 10kb to 200kb|
|The dimension must be 3.5CM X 4.5 CM||Dimension should be 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM|
|It must be clear and should not be a selfie||It must be clearly visible and must not be in capital letters.|
Editing The VITEEE Application Form
The candidates can edit errors in the application form till March 21, 2020. Once the deadline to make changes ends, requests for corrections will not be entertained. A VITEEE application form with incorrect details will not be accepted.
VITEEE Application Form Status
Applicants of VITEEE can check the status of their VITEEE application form from the official website. VIT University will provide the facility to check the status of the VITEEE application form a few days after the form submission starts. For checking status-
- Visit the official website of VIT University.
- Follow the link
- Next, enter the following details:
- 10 digit VITEEE 2020 Application Number
- Verification code displayed on the window
- Click on Submit button
- The status of the VITEEE 2020 Application Form will be displayed before you.
VITEEE Application Form 2020: Contact Details
In case of any issues related to VITEEE Application Form, candidates can contact the officials through the following media:-
Ph No – 0416-220 2157/ 2168 (Monday-Friday-9.00 AM to 6.00 PM)
Email ID – email@example.com website: www.vit.ac.in
Exclusive VIT Admission Help Line Nos – 0416- 2202125
Address – Director – UG Admission, VIT University, Vellore – 632014, Tami Nadu, India.