VITEEE 2021 Notification: Vellore Institute of Technology or VIT, has released its entrance exam 2021 schedule online. Candidates can check full details on vit.ac.in. The institute will also consider scores of the Joint Entrance Examination Main, or JEE Main. “Those who scored in JEE (Main) will be given weightage. The forms for providing the marks and JEE (Main) scores have already been provided in the VIT Website ‘www.vit.ac.in,’” the statement added.
VITEEE 2021 online registration started on 30 November 2020. The last date to submit the application form was 21st May 2021. VITEEE exam is to be conducted from 28th, 29th & 31st May 2021 in online mode. The exam will be held across multiple sessions, in 120 cities of India and 4 cities in other countries. Since VITEEE 2021 is an online exam, candidates have to book their test slots in order to download their admit card.
The Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) is a national-level engineering entrance exam. It is conducted every year to select candidates for admission to undergraduate engineering programs in the four campuses of VIT – Vellore, Chennai, Amaravati, and Bhopal.
VITEEE Notification 2021
Before getting into the details of VITEEE notification 2021, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Exam Name||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam 2021|
|Commonly called as||VITEEE 2021|
|Conducting Institute||VIT University|
|Purpose||Admission to UG Engineering Programmes|
|Mode of Exam||Online – Computer-based test|
|Duration of the Exam||2:30 hours|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Type Questions (MCQ)|
|Application Procedure||Both offline & Online|
VITEEE 2021 Important Dates
The complete schedule of VITEEE is tabulated below:
|Availability of VITEEE Application Form||30 November 2020|
|Last Date to Fill Up Application Form||21st May 2021|
|Last Date to Edit the Online Application||May 2021|
|Availability of VITEEE Admit Card||To be announced|
|VITEEE 2021||28th, 29th & 31st May 2021|
|Declaration of VITEEE Result||To be announced|
|VITEEE Counselling||To be announced|
VITEEE Notification 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for the exam must meet the following VITEEE eligibility criteria:
- a. Indian
- b. Non-Resident Indian (NRI)
- c. Person of Indian Origin (PIO)
- d. OCI Holder
- Born on or after 1st July 1997
Age Qualification Criteria:
Candidates who are appearing or have passed:
- a. 10+2 higher secondary exam conducted by ISC, CBSE, any State board
- b. Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- c. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- d. General Certificate Education (G C E) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- e. NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply.
- a. General Category candidates should have scored an aggregate of 60% in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry in 10+2.
- b. SC, ST, J&K, North Eastern states- Candidates should have scored an average 50% marks in Physics, Maths, and Chemistry in 10+2 or its equivalent exam.
VITEEE Notification 2021: Application Form
Some important points regarding VITEEE application form 2021 are as under:
- VITEEE 2021 application form is available in both online and offline mode.
- The online application form is available on the official website.
- The offline application form can be availed from the designated post offices and VIT Campuses.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must read the instructions carefully.
- For online registration, candidates have to upload scanned images of their Photograph (Size: 10kb-200kb, Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) and Signature (Size: 10kb-200kb, Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm). The images should be in JPG/JPEG Format.
- Candidates need to keep the printout of the filled up application form for future reference.
How To Apply For VITEEE 2021?
The steps to apply for VITEEE 2021 re as under:
Stage 1: New User Registration
- a. Visit the official website: viteee.vit.ac.in.
- b. Click on “New Applicant” from the right side of the screen.
- c. Enter all the relevant details carefully, like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc.
- d. Click on “Register”.
- e. VIT will send a password to your registered Mobile Number and Email ID.
Stage 2: Filling Online Application Form
- a. Go to the official website.
- b. Use your Registered Email ID and Password to log in.
- c. Enter all the necessary details in the respective fields.
- d. Submit your VITEEE online application form.
- e. The system will generate an Application Number for you.
Stage 3: Payment of Fees
- a. Make a payment of VITEEE application fees of Rs 1150 (for General Candidates) through Netbanking/Credit/Debit card /Paytm.
Stage 4: Photo & Signature Upload
- a. Upload scanned images of Photograph and Signature in the required format.
- b. Take a print out of your VITEEE application form for future reference.
Note that candidates applying for VITEEE in the online mode need not send the hardcopy of the application to the VIT officials.
VITEEE Application Fee
- a. The VITEEE application fee for offline registration is Rs. 1200
- b. For online registration, it is Rs. 1150.
VITEEE Notification 2021 – Exam Pattern
Some important points regarding VITEEE exam pattern 2021 are as under:
- The exam will be conducted in the online mode (Computer Based Test).
- VITEEE is conducted in the English Language.
- The questions will be objective in nature of MCQ type (Multiple Choice Questions).
- A total of 125 questions will be asked in the examination.
- The questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology & English.
- The total time duration of VITEEE is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in 3 sessions per day (Session I – 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM), Session II – 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM) & Session III – 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM).
- For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded.
- There is no negative marking in VITEEE.
The number of questions and marking scheme of VITEEE 2021 are tabulated as under:
|Sections||Number Of Questions / Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics / Biology||40/40|
|Total||125 Questions / 125 Marks|
VITEEE Notification 2021: Syllabus
The VITEEE syllabus includes topics of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English subjects of Higher Secondary level.
VITEEE 2021 Engineering Courses
The B.Tech. courses offered by VIT are as under:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in AI and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence/Bioinformatics/Cyber Security and Digital Forensics/Data Analytics/Gaming Technology/Information Security/IoT/Data Science/Networking and Security
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering & Business Systems
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- ECE with specialization in Embedded Systems/VLSI/Biomedical Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Fashion Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
Now, you have all the necessary information regarding VITEEE 2021. If you are eligible for the exam, register right away and focus on your preparation. With the time left, you have to revise the whole VITEEE syllabus in the most efficient manner. You also need to take VITEEE mock tests and previous year tests to prepare yourself to face the actual exam with confidence. These mock tests are available for free at Embibe and have the same difficulty level as the actual exam. So, make the best use of these tests and ace the exam.
We hope this detailed article on VITEEE 2021 helps you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.