KCET 2020 – KEA has released the KCET 2020 application form again on March 7, 2020. Candidates submitted the KCET application form till March 16, 2020 and paid the application fee till March 18. The KCET 2020 application form correction facility will be available from 19th March 2020 to 25th March 2020. KCET 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on 22nd & 23rd April in offline mode. Candidates can download the hall ticket of KCET 2020 from April 10.
Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts KCET for admissions in its engineering courses in various government and private institutions. This article contains all the information about KCET 2020 along with the important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, exam commencement, result and post result events.
KCET 2020 – Overview
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Category of Exam||Under-graduate|
|Examination Mode||Offline (Pen Paper Mode)|
|Language||English and Kannada|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Time Duration||1 Hour 20 minutes (Exam I, II)*|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Purpose||For B.Tech admissions into the participating institutes of the Karnataka state|
KCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates applying for KCET are advised to stay updated with the dates of all events. KEA, the conducting authority has released the final official notifications. Candidates can refer to the Important dates of KCET 2020 mentioned below:
KCET Important Dates 2020
|Release of Application Form||February 5, 2020|
|Closing Date of Application Window||March 2, 2020|
|Second Chance to Apply||March 7 to 16, 2020|
|Last date to pay Application Fee||March 18, 2020|
|Application Form Correction Facility||March 19 to 25, 2020|
|Admit card available||April 10, 2020|
|Commencement of KCET||April 22 and 23, 2020|
|Commencement of Kannada language Test: (ONLY for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates)||Last week of April 2020|
|Verification of Documents( for agricultural quota)||Mid- May 2020|
Common entrance test – time table
|Exam I (Biology and Mathematics)||April 22, 2020 10:30 am- 11:50 am (Biology) |
2:30 pm – 3:50 pm ( Maths)
|Each exam is for 60 marks|
|Exam II (Physics and Chemistry)||23 April 2020|
10:30 am- 11:50 am (Physics)
2:30 pm – 3:50 pm (Chemistry)
KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by the conducting body i.e. KEA. KCET 2020 eligibility criteria state the parameters which every candidate needs to meet in order to apply for the exam:
- Nationality – Candidates should be Indian.
- Candidates must have passed the 2nd PUC / 12th Standard / Equivalent exam with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM).
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate at the 2nd PUC / 12th Standard / Equivalent Exam in all the subjects.
- 45% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates and the person with a disability (PwD) of mental retardation or mental illness (including Dyslexia).
- The candidate is not eligible for admission to Government Seats until and unless he/she is a citizen of India and meets the eligibility clause of the exam.
KCET 2020 Candidate Login
In order to create a candidate login of KCET, candidates must complete the registration process. Candidates will receive the following after the KCET registration process:
- Generated application number
- User ID
Note that the conducting authorities will send the KCET Candidate Login on the registered Email Id and phone number, respectively.
KCET Application Form 2020
The application form of KCET 2020 has been released in online mode officially. The application window was available from March 7, 2020 again and was available till March 18, 2020.
In order to know the application process candidates can trace the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1 – Registration Process – The candidates can initiate their application process by registering their nationality and school board. In this stage, the candidates have to submit their 13 digits “Student Number” provided by PUE Department. While registering, the personal details and contact information will also be provided by the applicants. Once the registration process is completed, the application number and password will be shared with the candidates on their registered email ID.
- Step 2 –Application Form Filling – After registration, the candidates need to provide the needed information such as academic credentials, parents’ information, etc. in the specified boxes.
- Step 3 – Uploading the Scanned Documents – In the next step, the candidates will be asked to upload their image and signature in a predefined format by the conducting authority. The left thumb impression of parents should also be uploaded to complete the application form submission process.
- Step 4 – Payment of Application Fee – Candidates can pay the application fee through either mode- online (net banking and debit/ credit card) and offline (through bank challan)
- Step 5 –Application Form Acknowledgement Printout – Candidates need to review the information they have provided in the application form before finally submitting it. The printout of the application form acknowledgment page needs to be attested by the principal of their school or any gazetted officer.
KCET 2020 – Documents Required
- Scanned copy of applicant’s signature
- Scanned image of candidate’s photograph and signature
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Thumb Impression of the left hand
- 10th and 12th class mark sheets
KCET 2020 Application Fee Structure
Candidates can refer to the application fees mentioned below:
KCET Application Fee
|Candidate Quota||Category||Application Fees|
|Karnataka Candidates||General/ 2A/ 2B/ 3A/ 3B||Rs 500|
|Candidates of Karnataka||SC/ST/CAT-1||Rs 250|
|Karnataka Candidates||Female Candidates||Rs 250|
|Outside Karnataka Candidates||General||Rs 750|
|Outside India Candidates||General||Rs 5000|
KCET Exam centres 2020
The conducting body has released the Examination Centres for KCET 2020 officially. The KCET 2020 exam centres will consist of the venues where the test will be held by the conducting authority. The preferred test cities have to be chosen by the candidates while filling the application form.
Allotment of KCET exam centres will be done as per the preference and availability of seats. Details regarding the allotted examination centre will be present in the KCET 2020 admit card. KCET will be conducted around 54 cities.
KCET Exam Pattern 2020
The outlined exam pattern KCET is specified in the table mentioned below. KEA has released the final exam pattern of KCET 2020; candidates can go through the exam pattern given below:
KCET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Time Duration of Test||1 Hour 20 Minutes( per paper)|
|Language of Paper||English and Kannada|
|Examination Commencement||Paper I – Mathematics/Biology |
Paper II – Physics and Chemistry
|Total Number of Questions||Paper I – Mathematics/ Biology (60 Questions) |
Paper II – Physics (60 Questions) and Chemistry (60 Questions)
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions/ Objective Type|
|Total Number of Questions||180|
|Marking Scheme||One mark for each correct answer|
KCET 2020 Syllabus
The conducting body has released the KCET syllabus officially. The topics and chapters to be studied for the entrance exam will be present in the syllabus. The Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology (PCM/B) will be included in the syllabus. It should be noted that KCET 2020 syllabus will be similar to the syllabus of first and second Pre-University Course (PUC) as specified by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
KCET 2020 Sample Papers/ Previous Year Question Papers
After going through the exam pattern and syllabus of the KCET along with the marking scheme, candidates can start with the exam preparation. Candidates can start with a subject-wise test and then further start solving previous years’ question papers and KCET sample papers.
KCET Admit Card 2020
KEA will release the KCET 2020 admit card prior to exam commencement. The admit card will be released in online mode on April 10. KCET Hall ticket contains all the important information about the applicant as well as about the examination, respectively. No applicant will be allowed to enter the examination centre without their respective admit card. Candidates are advised to take multiple copies of the hall ticket and must preserve the same for further use.
How to download KCET 2020 Hall Ticket
- Visit the official website and click on the link available for hall ticket/admit card.
- Log-in using the candidate login credentials such as application number, e-mail id, etc.
- The admit card of KCET 2020 will be available to download.
In case, of any discrepancies applicants can contact the authorities immediately.
KCET 2020 – Examination Commencement
The KCET is expected to be scheduled on April 22 and 23. Examinees must carry all the necessary documents mentioned below with them to the examination centre:
- Admit card
- ID proof etc.
- Passport size photograph
- Ball point Pens
Incase candidates’ fails to appear in the examination hall without these documents, he/she will not be allowed to centre the examination centre.
Candidates are advised to reach the exam centre an hour before the scheduled time.
KCET 2020 – Examination Key Points
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test will commence for two days in four-session, one for each subject. Candidates will be given OMR sheets as answer sheets.
Candidates must note that:
- The initial ten minutes in every scheduled session will be given for the candidates to write the asked particulars such as name, CET number, version code, and serial number, etc., on the OMR answer sheets in the boxes provided.
- The OMR sheet scanner is sensitive to black and blue ink shades, even a slight ink mark within a circle on the OMR answer sheet will be considered as filled/shaded. Candidates are advised to be very careful with the OMR sheets.
- Candidates are required to provide their left thumb impression in the space provided on the OMR answer sheet. The OMR answer sheets of candidates who have not printed their left-hand thumb impression will not be scanned and the result will not be published.
KCET 2020 Answer Key
The conducting body will release the answer key of KCET 2020 after the commencement of the test. The answer key will contain all the right answers section-wise for all the examinations. KCET Answer Key helps the candidates to analyze and evaluate their performance in the examination.
Candidates can have an estimate of their score by checking the number of correct answers, overall as well as test-wise. If they want to raise objection over any particular question they can file their objections, they can send it directly addressing to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore”
Candidates can send challenges against answer key either in person, or through email, or by SPEED POST, with regard to any of the published answer Key, along with all supporting documents/justification.
Note that the conducted body will not entertain any objections without justifications or justified documents. No objections will be entertained by the authorities once the objection window closes. Authorities will release the KCET final answer key 2020, to which no objections will be entertained.
KCET Result 2020
The result of KCET 2020 will be released through online mode in the form of a merit list. Candidates can download the results using their credentials. The expected result dates are yet to be announced.
How to Check KCET 2020 Result
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the result link.
- Candidates will have to provide their registration number
- Click on the “Submit” button
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and print the result for future use.
KCET Cutoff 2020
The cutoff states the minimum marks obtained by the candidate in order to be called for counselling. The conducting authorities will release the KCET Cutoff after the result is declared. Candidates will have to note that the cutoff of KCET 2020 will be different as per the candidate’s course, category and college.
KCET Counselling 2020
The counselling of KCET is commenced in online mode. In the KCET 2020 counselling process, the candidates will first have to verify their documents and then fill their choice of colleges and courses as per their preference. A mock allotment will also be announced on the basis of choices made by the candidates. By checking the KCET 2020 mock allotment result, the candidates will be able to change the order of their choices before the final allotment.
KCET Seat Allotment 2020
KEA will conduct the KCET 2020 seat allotment process. The seats will be allotted only to qualified candidates on the basis of rank, category, number of seats available and preferences. There are two rounds of KCET seat allotment 2020 held by the authorities along with an additional extended round. The candidates, who have alloted the seats, will have to confirm their admission by paying the required fee and visiting their respective college for verification of documents.
KCET 2020 Participating Institutes
Candidates will be allotted seats in the KCET 2020 participating institutes on the basis of the secured ranks. There will be around 220 government institutes/private aided/private un-aided/colleges of Karnataka in KCET participating institute.
We hope this detailed article on KCET 2020 helps you. For any query related to admit card or about the exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for more and recent updates on KCET 2020227 Views