CAT Application Form 2019: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode has extended the last dates to apply online till September 25, 2019. All the interested and eligible candidates can now apply for CAT 2019 on or before September 25, 2019. Earlier, candidates have started the CAT 2019 registration from August 7 (10 am onwards). Candidates will first have to enter their name, mobile number, email id, etc to register for CAT 2019. CAT Application 2019 will be through online mode. Candidates will first have to go through the CAT 2019 eligibility criteria and CAT application process before applying for CAT 2019.
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level exam conducted to facilitate admission to management courses in the prestigious Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and other participating institutes. CAT is conducted every year by one of the IIMs and CAT 2019 is to be conducted by IIM Kozhikode. Candidates planning to appear for the exam must know everything about CAT application form 2019, like eligibility criteria, how to apply, etc. In this article, all the necessary details about CAT 2019 application form will be provided.
Latest: CAT 2019 Registration extended till September 25. Click here to apply online.
|New Candidate Registration||Click Here|
|Registered Candidate Login||Click Here|
CAT Application Form 2019
Let us first have a look at the important dates for CAT 2019 application form:
|Release of CAT Notification 2019||July 27, 2019|
|Release of CAT Application Form||August 7, 2019|
|Last Date to Apply for CAT 2019||September 25 (extended date)
September 18, 2019 (earlier)
CAT Application Form: CAT Eligibility Criteria
Before getting into the details of CAT application form, let’s look into the CAT eligibility criteria. Candidates must go through the CAT eligibility criteria and ensure they meet them.
|Educational Qualification||Candidates must:
|Qualifying Marks||Candidates belonging to General and OBC – NC category must have secured 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying exam. SC, ST and PwD candidates must have secured a minimum of 45% aggregate in the qualifying exam.|
|Age Limit||There is no age limit to appear for CAT 2019.|
CAT Application Form 2019: How To Apply For CAT 2019?
Filling up of CAT application form involves the following steps:
- 1st Step: Registration to generate User ID and Password
- 2nd Step: Logging in with your User ID and Password
- 3rd Step: Filling up CAT application form & payment of CAT application fee
Let us now look into the details of each of these three steps:
CAT Application Form: Registration To Generate User ID & Password
Follow the steps as under to register yourself for CAT 2019 and generate your User ID and Password:
- Visit the CAT official website – iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on “Register” under ‘New Candidate Registration’.
- A new page will open. Read the instructions provided here carefully.
- Enter the necessary details – Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Country, and Mobile Number. Make sure you enter a valid/active email address and mobile number.
- Click on “Generate OTP”.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will have to enter a captcha and check the box against the declaration statement.
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number in the specified field and click on the validate the OTP tab.
- Submit your CAT registration form.
- Once the registration is complete, you will receive your User ID and Password in your registered email address and mobile number. Note them down.
CAT Application Form: Logging In With Your User ID & Password
After you have received your User ID and Password, follow the steps as under:
- Visit the official website of CAT – iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on “Login” under ‘Registered Candidate Login’.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Click on the “Login” button.
CAT Application Form: Filling Up Of CAT Application Form
- Enter the following details after logging in to your account:
a. Personal Details:
i. Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Mother’s Name
ii. Category of the Candidate
iv. Whether or Not a PwD Candidate
In case of SC/ST/OBC-NC/PwD category, download the necessary certificate, enter the necessary details, self-attest the certificate, and scan it as a PDF document to be uploaded.In addition to this, you have to:
– Provide your Communication Address – Postal Address, Alternate Email Address, Emergency Mobile Number
– Upload scanned images of your Photograph, Signature, and SC/ST/NC-OBC and/or PwD certificates (as applicable)The specifications for Photograph and Signature are as under:
Photograph: Passport sized photo with white background not older than 6 months, 30mm X 45mm dimension
Signature: 80 mm X 35 mm dimension
The size of Photograph and Signature shouldn’t exceed 80 kb and the minimum resolution should be 150 px/inch. Both should be in .jpg or .jpeg formatb. Academic Details:
i. SSC/10th/Equivalent Details – Aggregate of all subjects in the mark sheet irrespective of the regulation of the Board.
ii. HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details – Aggregate of all subjects in the mark sheet irrespective of the regulation of the Board
iii. Bachelor’s Degree Details – Aggregate as per the norms of the University/Board
iv. Master ‘s Degree Details –
v. Other Professional Degree Details – Aggregate for the degree in which you have scored the maximum.c. Work Experience:
Full-time work experience for all Industry Types in monthsd. Programmes:
ii. Interview City from the drop-down menue. Test Cities:
Choice of four test cities in order of preference
- Click on “Save & Continue” to go to the Payment section.
- Verify all the details entered by you are correct.
- Select the Payment Mode from any of the three options available:
- Make the payment of the CAT application fee.
- After successful payment, a message will be displayed on the screen. Take a screenshot of the same. A confirmation email will also be sent to you in your registered email address.
CAT Application Fee 2019
The CAT application form fee for different categories are as under:
|CAT 2019 Application Fee|
So, now you know everything about CAT application form 2019. We hope you do not face any difficulty while applying for the exam. Focus on your CAT preparation and finish the entire CAT syllabus in the most effective manner. Solve a sufficient number of CAT practice questions for every topic and take CAT mock tests on a regular basis. You can take the bank mock test series of Embibe at the initial stages of your preparation. But eventually, you will have to get used to the level of the actual exam.
If you have any question pertaining to CAT application form, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.