CAT Application Form 2020: IIM (Indian Institute of Management) Indore has started the registration process for CAT 2020. The CAT 2020 registration link was activated on 5th August 2020 (today) at 10 A.M. CAT Application form can be accessed only from the official website and through a direct link provided in this article. As per the official website, which has been made live on 29th July 2020, the last date to apply for CAT 2020 is 16th September 5 P.M.
Candidates have to enter their name, mobile number, email ID, etc. in order to go about CAT 2020 Registration & Application. CAT Application Form is available only in online mode. Also, candidates will have to go through CAT eligibility criteria and application process before applying for the exam.
Candidates planning to appear for CAT 2020 must know everything about CAT Application form 2020, like eligibility criteria, how to apply, etc. In this article, all the necessary details about CAT 2020 Registration & Application process will be provided.
August 5: CAT Registration process started at 10 AM. Check CAT eligibility criteria here.
July 29: CAT Notification 2020 releasing soon. CAT Official Website has been activated on 29th July.
CAT 2020 Registration & Application Process
About CAT: The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level exam conducted to facilitate admission to management courses in the prestigious Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and other participating institutes. CAT is conducted every year by one of the IIMs. This year, it is being conducted by IIM Indore.
|Name of the Exam||Common Admission Test 2020|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management, Indore|
|Institutes Accepting CAT Score||IIMs, IITs, IISc and other participating institutes|
|Course||Postgraduate Management Programs (MBA/PGDM)|
|Type of Exam||National Level|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|CAT Registration Link||Activated|
CAT Registration 2020 Date
Let us now have a look at the important dates for CAT 2020 application form:
|CAT Official Website Going Live||July 29, 2020|
|Release of CAT Notification||August 2, 2020|
|Beginning of CAT 2020 Online Registration||August 5, 2020 (10:00 AM)|
|Last Date to Apply for CAT 2020||September 16, 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Release of CAT Admit Card 2020||October 28, 2020 (10:00 PM)|
|Last Date to Download CAT Admit Card||November 29, 2020|
|CAT 2020||November 29, 2020|
|Release of CAT Answer Key 2020||1st Week of December 2020|
|Challenge of CAT Answer Key||2nd Week of December 2020|
|Release of CAT Result||1st Week of January 2021|
|CAT 2020 Selection||April 2021 to June 2021|
CAT Application Form: Eligibility Criteria
Before getting into the details of the CAT application form, let’s look into the CAT eligibility criteria. Candidates must go through the CAT eligibility criteria and ensure they meet them:
|Educational Qualification||Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university, |
or have completed a professional degree course (CA/CS/ICWA),
or be in the final year of the Bachelor’s degree program.
|Qualifying Marks||Candidates belonging to General and OBC – NC category must have secured 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying exam. SC, ST, and PwD candidates must have secured a minimum of 45% aggregate in the qualifying exam.|
|Age Limit||There is no age limit to appear for CAT 2020.|
How Do I Apply For CAT 2020?
Filling up of CAT 2020 Registration & Application Form involves the following steps:
- – 1st Step: Registration to generate User ID and Password.
- – 2nd Step: Logging in with your User ID and Password.
- – 3rd Step: Filling up CAT application form & payment of CAT application fee.
Let us now look into the details of each of these three steps:
CAT Registration To Generate User ID & Password
Follow the steps as under to do CAT 2020 Registration and generate your User ID and Password:
- – 1st Step: Visit the CAT official website – iimcat.ac.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on “Register” under ‘New Candidate Registration’.
- – 3rd Step: A new page will open. Read the instructions provided here carefully.
- – 4th Step: Enter the necessary details – Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Country, and Mobile Number. Make sure you enter a valid/active email address and mobile number.
- – 5th Step: Click on “Generate OTP”.
- – 6th Step: You will be redirected to a new page where you will have to enter a captcha and check the box against the declaration statement.
- – 7th Step: Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number in the specified field and click on the validate the OTP option.
- – 8th Step: Submit your CAT 2020 registration & application form.
- – 9th Step: Once the registration is complete, you will receive your User ID and Password in your registered email address and mobile number. Note them down.
CAT 2020 Application Form: Logging In With Your User ID & Password
After you have received your User ID and Password, follow ‘How to fill CAT 2020/2021 application form step by step process:’
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of CAT – iimcat.ac.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on “Login” under ‘Registered Candidate Login’.
- – 3rd Step: Enter your User ID and Password.
- – 4th Step: Click on the “Login” button.
Filling Up Of CAT 2020 Application Form
- Enter the following details after logging in to your account:
a. Personal Details:
i. Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Mother’s Name
ii. Category of the Candidate
iv. Whether or Not a PwD Candidate
- In the case of SC/ST/OBC-NC/PwD category, download the necessary certificate, enter the necessary details, self-attest the certificate, and scan it as a PDF document to be uploaded. In addition to this, you have to:
– Provide your Communication Address – Postal Address, Alternate Email Address, Emergency Mobile Number
– Upload scanned images of your Photograph, Signature, and SC/ST/NC-OBC and/or PwD certificates (as applicable).
The specifications for Photograph and Signature are as under:
Photograph: Passport sized photo with white background not older than 6 months, 30mm X 45mm dimension
Signature: 80 mm X 35 mm dimension
The size of Photograph and Signature shouldn’t exceed 80 kb and the minimum resolution should be 150 px/inch. Both should be in .jpg or .jpeg format
b. Academic Details:
i. SSC/10th/Equivalent Details – Aggregate of all subjects in the mark sheet irrespective of the regulation of the Board.
ii. HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details – Aggregate of all subjects in the mark sheet irrespective of the regulation of the Board
iii. Bachelor’s Degree Details – Aggregate as per the norms of the University/Board
iv. Master ‘s Degree Details –
v. Other Professional Degree Details – Aggregate for the degree in which you have scored the maximum.
c. Work Experience:
Full-time work experience for all industry types in months
ii. Interview City from the drop-down menu
e. Test Cities:
Choice of four test cities in order of preference
- Click on “Save & Continue” to go to the Payment section.
- Verify if all the details entered by you are correct.
- Select the Payment Mode from any of the three options available:
a. Credit Card
b. Debit Card
c. Internet Banking/Wallets/Cash Cards.
- Make the payment of the CAT application fee.
- After successful payment, a message will be displayed on the screen. Take a screenshot of the same. A confirmation email will also be sent to you in your registered email address.
CAT Application Form Fee 2020
The CAT application form fee for different categories are as under:
|Category||CAT Application Fee 2020|
So, now you know everything about CAT application form 2020. We hope you do not face any difficulty while applying for the exam. Focus on your CAT preparation and finish the entire CAT syllabus in the most effective manner.
CAT Candidate Helpdesk
Students with any doubts regarding the application process or eligibility details can contact the officials between 9 A.M to 6 P.M from Monday to Saturday. Te contact details are:
Frequently Asked Questions On CAT Registration & Application
While filling the registration form or applying for CAT a lot of questions arise in a candidate’s mind. Here we have listed them:
A: The registration is a part of the application process. First, you must register through the official website, and then you must complete the application process.
A: Visit the official website. Click “New Candidate Registration” if not already registered. Log in through the generated user id and password and complete the application process. For detailed steps read this article.
A: CAT Application form and registration is only available online.
A: Yes, correction on some portion of the form is allowed once the correction wind opens.
A: The last date for application is 16th September 2020 till 5 P.M.
A: Initially a recent passport size photograph and a digital signature are mandatory. For PWD and Category candidates these two certificates are also required.
Solve a sufficient number of CAT practice questions for every topic and take CAT mock tests on a regular basis. You can take the Bank PO Mock Test Series of Embibe at the initial stages of your preparation as some sections of CAT exam is similar to that of banking paper. But eventually, you will have to get used to the level of the actual exam.
If you have any questions pertaining to CAT application form, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned to this article for more updates on CAT Application Form 2020!341 Views