CAT Answer Key 2021: IIM Ahmedabad, the exam conducting authority will release the CAT Entrance exam answer key 2021 on the official website. The provisional CAT 2021 answer key with question paper will be declared on the official website. CAT answer key will be mainly available in the form of a PDF that contains correct answers to questions asked in the CAT exam. This will help one to calculate the composite CAT scores. CAT 2021 exam is scheduled to conduct on November 28, 2021. IIM is responsible for releasing the CAT answer key and candidate’s response sheet tentatively during the second week of December 2021. CAT answer key 2021 will contain all the correct answers to the questions asked in the CAT Exam. CAT answer key help the aspirant in analyzing tentatively the CAT score.
IIM Ahmedabad will even release the candidate response sheet and the answer key. By downloading the CAT answer key, the applicant will be able to calculate the approximate score. The answer key contains all the correct answers to the questions asked in the CAT entrance exam. Authorities will even the objection window for those candidates who are not satisfied with the answers must challenge the CAT preliminary answer key within a specific time. The final CAT answer key 2021 will be available during the first week of January 2022 along with the CAT result. Continue reading this article to find all the information regarding the CAT exam. Find all the details regarding CAT 2021 solutions, answer key, and probable score.
CAT Mock test window is active from October 30, 2021.
CAT admit card was released on October 27, 2021
CAT application form was released on August 4, 2021. Apply Here.
The last date to apply for the CAT application form is October 15, 2021.
CAT Answer Key 2021- Highlights.
CAT answer key 2021 will be released in the first week of December 2021 tentatively. CAT response sheet means the record of responses that are marked by candidates in the exam & is released along with the CAT answer key. CAT 2021 answer key will be accessed using CAT login credentials i.e. User Id & password. By comparing the CAT answer key with the responses, you can count correct or incorrect responses and calculate the score. Three separate CAT official answer keys will be released since the exam was conducted. IIM Ahmedabad will also provide the objection window for those aspirants who want to challenge the CAT preliminary answer key within the specified time. As soon as the objection window is closed, a final answer key will be released by the exam conducting body.
Applicants who have appeared for the CAT 2021 exam must have a look at the below mentioned quick facts about the CAT answer key:
|Mode of release||Online|
|Release authority||IIM Ahmedabad|
|CAT answer key challenge fee||INR 1200 (Per objection)|
|Details required to check CAT answer key||Login credentials i.e. CAT user ID & Password|
|Objection fee Refundable or non-refundable||Refundable only if the challenge is found correct|
CAT 2021- Answer Key Dates
Candidates who have appeared for the CAT 2021 entrance exam must have a hold on over the CAT answer key 2021 dates. By knowing about the CAT answer key dates, applicants can keep a track of the release of provisional and answer key of CAT 2021 as well as the release of the CAT response sheet. With the help of CAT answer key dates, applicants will have a clear idea about the events pertaining to the CAT exam. Let’s have a look at the below table that depicts tentative schedule of CAT 2021 answer key dates.
|CAT Exam Date||November 28, 2021|
|Release of CAT response sheet & question paper||Second week of December 2021|
|Last date for objection||Second week of December 2021|
|CAT Final Answer Key releasing||First week of January 2022|
|Declaration of CAT Result||Second week of January 2022|
Objection Fee Per Question: ₹ 1200
The window to raise objections on the answer keys usually remains open for three to four days. No objection or representations regarding the answers would be received after the window has closed.
Also, check these article which you might be interested in:
CAT Official Answer Key 2021 Release Date
CAT 2021 Answer Key will be released on the second week of December 2021. The exam will be held during the last week of November, while the answer key was released during the first week of December 2021. CAT answer key contains the question-wise candidate’s response and the official answer. CAT answer key will be made available in the form of a response sheet on the official website.
How To Download CAT Answer key 2021?
Candidates who will appear for CAT 2021 must make use of the provisional CAT answer key for all three slots along with the question paper. Candidates can download CAT 2021 answer key for their slot from the official website on the day of release. The answer key is customized according to the candidate’s responses and slots. Applicants who wish to check the CAT answer key must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Candidate must visit the official website of CAT 2021.
- Applicants must click on “Candidate Login” tab.
- Enter CAT registration ID & password and then click on ” Submit” tab.
- Candidate must click on ” Download PDF” tab for downloading the CAT answer key PDF.
- Candidate must make use of ” Candidate Response” tab to download the response sheet.
All the correct answers will be marked in green and incorrect answers will be marked in red.
Details Mentioned On CAT Answer Key/Response Sheet
Candidates who have appeared for the CAT exam must know what are the details that are mentioned on CAT answer sheet. The following details will be mentioned in the answer key/response:
- Name of the candidate
- CAT registration number
- CAT 2021 exam centre
- Test date
- Test time
- Question type
- Question ID
- Right option/answer
How To Calculate CAT Score?
Candidates can use the answer key to calculate the probable score. The candidate must follow the marking scheme prescribed by IIM Ahmedabad for calculating the accurate score. Candidates will be able to predict their score with the help of the CAT Answer Key and Candidate’s Response Sheet:
- From the Candidate’s Response Sheet and answer key, find out how many answers you got correct.
- Now multiply the number of correct answers with 3 marks. Say, it is 90, then Correct Answers × 3 marks = 270 marks.
- Find out the number of wrong answers and multiply it with 1 mark. Say, it is 10 wrong answers, then it is 10 marks.
- Subtract the wrong answer marks from the correct answer marks, you will get the CAT Raw Score, which is 270 – 10 = 260 marks in this case.
Formula to calculate CAT Raw score:
|CAT Raw Score = 3 * (No. of Correct Answers) – 1 X (No. of Wrong Answers)|
CAT Marking Scheme
There are two types of questions in the CAT Exam: MCQ type and non-MCQ type. For non-MCQ type questions, there is no negative marking. Below we have provided the CAT marking scheme:
|Question Type||Correct Answer||Incorrect Answer|
CAT 2021 Analysis
Here is the CAT Exam Analysis 2021 as observed by the experts:
|Section||Slot 3||Slot 2||Slot 1|
|DILR||High||Moderate to difficult||High|
|Quant||Easy but tricky||Moderate||Easy|
|Verbal||Moderate to difficult||Easy||Moderate|
Know How To Raise Objection Against CAT answer key
As soon as the CAT answer key is released by the IIM Ahmedabad, the exam conducting body the candidates who have appeared for the exam will get the chance to challenge it on finding any answer or question wrong. CAT 2021 Answer key will be released just after the exam. The exam conducting body will announce the opening of correction window dates when it has released the answer key. During this time span, applicants can raise objections. If any candidates find any discrepancy in the provisional CAT answer key, they can then raise any objection against it by filling the CAT objection form. The fee for raising any objection is Rs 1200. If the exam officials find that the objection raised by the applicant is correct then the authority will refund the same amount in the same account.
When the objection raising date is over, the authority will deactivate the objection window and start analyzing or verifying all the objections. If the authority finds that the objection raised by the candidate is not genuine then the objection will be turned down. As soon as this gets over, the CAT exam conducting authority, IIM Ahmedabad will release the Final CAT answer key 2021.
How To Challenge CAT 2021 Answer Key
Candidates who find any discrepancy in the CAT answer key must follow the below-provided steps for raising any objection by filling the objection form. Applicants will have to fill the CAT objection form by using CAT login ID & Password. Objection fee of Rs 1200 must be paid online. Let’s have a look at the below-mentioned steps for raising an objection against the CAT answer key.
- Candidate must visit the official website of CAT 2021.
- Applicants must now click on “Candidate Login” Tab.
- Applicants will then be redirected to a new page where applicants will have to enter the login credentials.
- A new page will open up where candidate have to enter personal details.
- Click on “Objection Form” tab.
- Applicant will then have to choose Question number, section name, type of objection from the provisional answer key. Applicant while making an objection will have to raise the objection by selecting any of three option below:
1- None of the option is correct
2- More than one correct option.
3- The answer key is incorrect
- Applicants will be given an opportunity to add comments or remarks that too of about 500 words while raising an objection.
- The applicant will then have to make a payment of Rs 1200 per question.
- After submitting the objection, it cannot be altered.
- There is no restriction to the number of questions that a candidate raises an objection to.
Raising Objection to CAT Answer Key 2021- Key Points
Applicants who are making an objection to the CAT answer key must keep the below points in mind as this will be beneficial:
- In case if the objection raised question is found informative, then no objection fee will be refunded.
- A single applicant can raise more than one objection against the answer key as many questions they want.
- Submitted reponses of objections cannot be altered.
- After the CAT 2021 objection window gets closed, the exam conducting body will release the final answer key along with CAT result.
- After releasing Final answer key, no objections raised will be taken into count.
Transaction Fee For Raising Objection fee against CAT Answer key 2021
Applicants who will have appeared for the CAT exam and desire to raise an objection against any question must know about the transaction fee. Let’s have a look at the below mentioned transaction fee tabular representation:
|Mode of transaction||Transaction fee|
|Debit card (Visa/ Master/ Rupay)||0.75% of the transacted amount for value up to Rs 2000 & 1% for the value that is more than 2000.|
|Credit card||1.20% for the value of the objection fee transaction|
|ATM-cum-debit card||0.75% of the value for the transaction amount of value up to Rs 2000 & 1% for value more than Rs 2000.|
|Credit card (Amex/ Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction|
|Cash card or wallet||1.75% of the value of transaction|
|Net banking||Rs 18 per transaction for HDFC, ICICI, AXIS & SBI and Rs 15 for rest of bank|
How To Download CAT 2021 Answer key If Login Details Are Forgotten?
Applicants who have appeared for the CAT Entrance Test and wish to download the answer key must follow the below-given steps if the login credentials are forgotten:
- As you are already a registered candidate, so you should click on Registered Candidate Login.
- Click on “Forgot User ID/ Password.
- Enter the email ID while registering for CAT 2021. User ID will be sent via email.
- In case of a lost password, the candidate must use the reset link which will be sent on this email ID and reset the password.
- As soon as you successfully login into CAT 2021, you can download the Answer key by the above mentioned steps.
CAT 2021 Cutoff 2021
Post the announcement of the CAT result, IIM Ahmedabad will release the CAT Cutoff on their official website. Candidates who manage to qualify for the CAT cutoff will be shortlisted for the further selection rounds i.e. Group Discussion, Personal Interview, and Written ability test.
CAT Percentile Predictor 2021
As soon as the CAT exam is conducted, the applicant must use the CAT percentile method to get an idea about the estimated score as well as a percentile. CAT answer key help the candidate in analyzing the overall CAT section-wise score also. It is highly effective for an aspirant to calculate the percentile score for getting an effective idea of whether they make it up to the CAT selection procedure or not.
Key Facts About CAT 2021 Answer Key
- CAT 2021 answer key will be made available by IIM Ahmedabad in the first week of December.
- CAT 2021 answer key will be declared for those candidates who have actually appeared in different slots.
- CAT answer key 2021 enables candidates to check & verify the CAT answers and thus calculate the estimated score.
- CAT answer key can be accessed with the help of CAT official website using the CAT login ID & Password.
- CAT answer key PDF is released along with query cum objection form & candidates who are not satisfied with CAT 2021 answer keys can challenge the answer by submitting objection to CAT authority.
- Objections taken by CAT answer key will be verified by the CAT exam conducting body. If there is no change perceived by experts in CAT answer key then the objection will not be sustained.
- CAT solution PDF 2021 will be released for all type of questions such as MCQs & Non-MCQs.
- CAT 2021 will contain CAT 2021 answer key with detailed solutions for all three sections.
- CAT answer key for MCQs after taking into account the negative marking are counted for percentile calculation.
FAQs On CAT 2021 Answer Key
Here we have provided the most frequently asked question by CAT aspirants:
|Q: Is CAT’s answer key objection fee refundable?
Ans: A fee of Rs 1200 and the transaction amount has to be paid for every challenge against the CAT answer key. Applicants must make a note that the fee is only refundable if the challenge is found post verification by the exam conducting officials.
|Q: When will the answer key be released or what is the release date for CAT answer key 2021?
Ans. The provisional answer key will be released in the second week of December 2021. The final answer key will be released in the second week of January along with the result.
|Q: What are the main benefits of releasing the CAT answer key?
Ans: One of the biggest reasons for the release of the CAT answer key is that this ensures transparency and thus it also lets the candidate know about the estimated score that is based on the responses given by them in the CAT exam. This will prepare the candidate whether they will be qualified for the CAT selection rounds or not.
|Q: Do candidate gets an opportunity to challenge the CAT 2021 Answer key?
Ans: Candidates who have appeared for the entrance exam can submit objections by paying the objection fee.
|Q: What is the procedure to check the CAT answer key?
Ans: In order to check the answer key, applicants need to provide candidates their login ID & Password.
|Q: Is there any provision of re-evaluation & re-checking in the CAT Entrance Test?
Ans: No, there is no provision of re-evaluation and re-checking in the CAT exam.
|Q: What is the CAT response sheet?
Ans. A response sheet is an e-document containing the answers marked by the aspirants during their CAT Exams.
|Q: How do you get the answer key and response sheet?
Ans. Both the response sheet and answer key are uploaded on the official website and aspirants can access these from there.
We hope that this article has helped you. If you have any queries regarding this article then you can ask us and we will get back to you.
|CAT Mock Test|
|CAT Important Date|
|CAT Exam pattern|
|CAT Exam centre|
Stay tuned to Embibe for more updates on CAT 2021!