CAT Mock Test 2021: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad will release the CAT mock test tentatively in the first month of November 2021. CAT mock test 2021 will be available on the official website of CAT. CAT is a national-level entrance exam that is mainly conducted for candidates seeking admission to MBA courses. CAT exam helps candidates in getting enrolled to IIMs and various B-Schools. Candidates who are preparing for CAT 2021 should practice the CAT mock test series to boost their preparation
CAT mock test provides candidates with the proper idea of the exam structure and exam pattern. With the help of the CAT mock test series, candidates will get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam, CAT exam pattern, and the marking structure. CAT is one of the most challenging and competitive MBA entrance tests. CAT mock tests play a major role in the overall CAT preparation. With the exam around the corner, candidates must gear up with the preparation for the CAT exam. In order to perform well, it is highly important for applicants to practice as many CAT mock tests as they can. Read this article to know about CAT mock tests and preparation.
CAT 2021 Mock Test- Highlights
CAT 2021 mock test is available by IIM Ahmedabad that will help candidates to get acquainted with the real atmosphere of the exam i.e. from CAT exam login, sectional MCQs, screen calculators, timers etc. IIM offers a separate CAT mock test for aspirants for scoring good marks. CAT aspirants must check CAT mock test as it provides near stimulation of the actual CAT exam. Candidates who have applied for the CAT exam must check the CAT overview which will provide candidates with knowledge about the admission criteria. The main purpose of the CAT mock test is to give the atmosphere of the actual exams to candidates. Let’s have a look at the below-mentioned CAT details.
|Name of the Exam||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Conducting Body||IIM Ahmedabad|
|Purpose of the Exam||Selection of Candidates for Admission to Postgraduate Business Administration Courses – MBA|
|Participating Institutes||IIMs, IITs, IISc, etc.|
|Type of Exam||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Type of Questions||MCQs and Non-MCQs|
|Number of Sections||Three|
|Total Number of Questions||76|
|Total Time Duration||120 minutes|
|Negative Marking||Yes, -1 mark for MCQs|
CAT Mock Test 2021
CAT mock tests aim to provide the candidate’s actual exam atmosphere to candidates. By attempting a free online mock test, a candidate will learn about the navigation process and other aspects that have to be conducted in computer-based mode. CAT mock test helps you in getting familiar with the CAT marking scheme and new sectional scheme. The main advantage of CAT mock test 2021 is that it allows candidates to sit for the two-hour duration and keep their mental and physical endurance intact. Candidates who have completed the CAT exam syllabus must enroll for CAT mock test series. Mock test helps candidates in improving speed and accuracy in solving questions. Mock test will help candidates in getting hands-on over the latest exam pattern and this makes candidates familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus.
CAT Mock Test Dates 2021
Candidates who are appearing for the CAT exam must know about the important dates of the mock test. CAT exam is scheduled to take place on November 28, 2021. The aspirant must keep a track of the CAT’s important dates. Let’s have a look at the below-mentioned important dates. Candidates who are going to appear for the IIM entrance exam must check the below tabular representation of CAT exam dates. This will help candidates in knowing when the IIM CAT 2021 official mock test will be released online. Let’s have a look at the below table.
|CAT mock test 2021 release date||First week of November 2021|
|CAT 2021 exam date||November 28, 2021|
|Provisional answer key||First week of December 2021|
|Last date to challenge CAT answer key||Second week of December 2021|
|Release of Final answer key||Last week of December 2021|
|Declaration of CAT result 2021||Second week of January 2022|
What Is A Good CAT Mock Test?
Taking up a CAT mock test mimics the exam pattern of the actual exam that is crucial for scoring well. A best CAT mock test represents the actual structure of the actual exam. The mock test helps in depicting the level of difficulty that should be perched slightly above that of the CAT exam. CAT exam toughness of mock test does not demoralize aspirants from appearing for CAT. CAT is as much an exam of managerial ability as it is of aptitude. Good mock tests have easy, and difficult questions in the right proportion so that aspirants develop the ability to pick up on low-level questions.
Why should Candidate take CAT 2021 Test Series?
Taking CAT mock test is important for aspirants as this is designed in such a way that it gives a feel of the actual CAT exam. The mock test helps in determining the weaknesses and analyzing their performance and growth. With the help of mock tests, candidates can speed up exam preparation and start practicing CAT mock tests. IIM Ahmedabad will release the CAT official mock test during the week of November. A mock test is a replica of a real CAT exam. Mock tests act as a practice test that is taken before the exam day to analyze the stronger and weaker sections. It is highly advisable that candidates should attempt about 10-15 mock tests before commencing for the final CAT exam as this will give you a fair idea of how well you are prepared for the same.
CAT 2021 Mock Paper Of Reasoning Ability
Embibe provides free reasoning ability questions that help students give a boost to their preparation. Embibe acts as one of the effective platforms where aspirants can test their ability and prepare well for the exam.
How to take the test?
- – 1st Step: Visit Online Tyari – onlinetyari.com
- – 2nd Step: From the left side under Topicwise Test select “Reasoning Ability”.
- – 3rd Step: There will be tests on different reasoning topics like “Analogy”, “Classification”, “Series”, “Coding”, “Puzzle” and more. The test will be of two types “Free and Paid” which you can select as per your preference.
- – 4th Step: Click “Start Test”. A new window will open with instructions. Read the instructions and click “I have read the instructions to start the test”.
- – 6th step: Take the test. You can follow the same steps for other topics as well.
CAT Mocks Series Of Quantitative Aptitude
CAT Quantitative Aptitude section mainly includes a topic that includes Arithmetic, Algebra, Advance Mathematics & Geometry. The candidate must aspire to go through each topic well for scoring well. QA is proven as one of the most difficult sections of the exam. As explained above all candidates can follow the same steps to take the Quantitative Aptitude test. This test has topics covering the CAT – QA syllabus like Number Series, Profit & Loss, Time & Distance, Boats & Streams, SI, CI, Mixture, and others.
How To Access CAT Mock Test Official From Official Website?
CAT Mock Test Official will be made available on the CAT official website one month prior to the exam. Once CAT Mock Test Official is released, we will provide you with the direct link to access the same. Candidates can attempt CAT Mock Test Official by following the steps as under:
- – 1st Step: Visit the CAT official website.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link provided to take the CAT official mock test.
- – 3rd Step: Sign In page will open.
- – 4th Step: Now, enter your User ID and Password.
- – 5th Step: Click on “Sign In“.
- – 6th Step: The ‘Instructions’ page will open. Read the instructions carefully.
- – 7th Step: Click on “Next”. You will see ‘Other Important Instructions’. Read them carefully.
- – 8th Step: Check the box against the statement saying that you have read and understood the instructions.
- – 9th Step: Now, click on “I am ready to begin” to start the test.
It is to be noted that CAT Syllabus is similar to that of bank exams like IBPS PO. So, you can also practice IBPS mock test series or any other bank mock test series on Embibe. It will be of great help to you in your CAT Preparation.
How To Take IBPS Mock Tests On Embibe?
The difficulty level of bank exams is not as high as the CAT. But practicing these mock tests will give you a basic idea about the type of questions in the exam as the syllabus is almost the same. Follow the steps as under to take the IBPS Mock Test on Embibe:
- – 1st Step: Go to the bank test page of Embibe or click this link: embibe.com.
- – 2nd Step: Click on “Select Exam” from the left side of the screen. Select either “IBPS PO Prelims” or ” IBPS PO Mains” from the drop-down menu.
- – 3rd Step: Now, click on “Select Test Type” under the selected exam and select “Full Tests” from the drop-down menu.
- – 4th Step: Another option, “Select Test” will appear below the selected test type. Click on that and from the drop-down menu, select the test you want to take.
- – 5th Step: Click on either “Start Test” or “Start Solving” after that.
- – 6th Step: The instructions page will appear. Read them carefully. Then click on “I am ready to begin” to start the test.
Online CAT Mock Tests: Advantages
CAT 2021 mock test replicates the pattern and difficulty of CAT in every respect. The mock test exposes candidates to a different types of test questions and helps candidates for taking necessary corrective action for a better score. Solving CAT 2021 online mock tests for preparation has many benefits. Some of the reasons or advantages are listed below:
- CAT mock test 2021 helps candidate in understanding the online procedure of CAT 2021 exam.
- Mock test provides a reasonable understanding about the exam pattern and marking scheme.
- CAT mock test 2021 helps in improving the speed and accuracy in solving the question.
- Mock test will help candidate in solving all kinds of questions auch as difficult, easy, long or tricky.
- Practicing mock test series help candidate in finding tricks and shortcuts that will save the time and solve the question quickly.
CAT Mock Test Official
CAT mock test official will be available on the official website. CAT 2021 mock test will be available during the first week of November 2021. Aspirants can access the mock test by visiting the official website and by logging into the official website using CAT login credentials. With the help of the CAT 2021 mock test official, candidates will get accustomed to pressure, similar to the one experienced in the real examination.
How To Take Official CAT Mock Test 2021?
Candidates who have filled the CAT application form must perform the CAT mock test. Candidates should follow the below-given steps in order to appear for the CAT exam. This will help in easily understanding the navigation process and how to answer the questions:
- Candidate must visit the official website for CAT mock test 2021.
- Candidate must click on the CAT 2021 mock test tab and a new window will appear which contains details such as system name, name of candidate, photograph and subject.
- Candidates can login to the CAT mock test dashboard by using the registration number and the password.
- As soon as the candidates click on login tab, a new window will appear that will show the general instructions on the screen that indicatehow candidate should answer the questions in CAT mock test 2021.
- This will illustrate how many sections are there and how much time will be allotted for each section.
- Candidate must understand the color scheme that will indicate the status of questions.
- As soon as you read the instructions, you should click on the next tab.
- After this, candidate will be redirected to other important instruction page. This page will show the marking scheme of multiple choice questions and answers will be updated on regular basis.
- After reading all these instructions, candidate must click on the button that says “I am ready to begin”.
- After clicking on the link, new page will open that will contain section-wise questions. Candidate will be able to see stopwatch and should click on “Save and Next” tab.
- At the end of two hours, candidates will be able to know how many questions and answers they have answered.
How To Answer Question in Official CAT 2021 Mock Test?
In order to answer questions in the official mock test, the candidate must click on the question number in the answer palette. For answering MCQ-type questions, the candidate must click on the correct answer bubble. While submitting the answer, the candidate must click on “Save & Next”. Save the answer for the current question and mark it for review. If candidate does not choose any option, then the answer will not be saved.
What is the importance of Mock Tests?
Mock Tests for CAT is one of the most important and helpful strategies that are effective in preparing to write CAT exam. Some of the advantages of Mock Tests includes:
- Effective method for evaluating the preparation level and the performance. This helps in improving the results and also helps in better planning of preparation.
- Solving more mock tests will make you aware of the exam pattern and you will be more familiarise with the questions that are likely to be encountered.
- As per the past experience, many aspirants says that attempting mock tests will help in avoiding repeated mistakes.
Thus, CAT Mock tests should also be followed by analyzing the test and revision of the syllabus. CAT mock test evaluation is highly crucial and it helps candidates to understand the difficulty level and also to work on better time management strategies.
What are the Benefits Of Taking CAT Mock Test Series?
The benefits of taking CAT mock paper are as under:
- CAT Mock Test will help the candidate in understanding the CAT exam pattern.
- It will give the candidate a feel of the actual exam as the mock tests are designed exactly like the actual CAT exam.
- Candidates will get a clear picture of the marking scheme and weightage of each section through mock tests.
- CAT tests are provided in the online mode only so that the candidate can get an idea about how the online system of taking tests work.
- It will help them improve their time management skills and overall test-taking skills.
- Candidates will get to identify their weak areas based on their performance in the CAT mock paper. They can rectify their mistakes and work on the weak areas before appearing for the actual exam.
CAT Mock Test 2021: Tips To Remember
Candidates must keep the following tips in mind at the time of taking the CAT mock test. Let’s have a look at the below tips:
- CAT mock test can be solved in one go without any interval. In order to get benefit, candidate must divide attempt into phases. Candidate must solve easier questions because this will boost the confidence. In second round, candidate should try questions that are slightly tougher.
- Candidate must aim to solve easiest question in inital phase as this will help candidate in solving easier questions.
- Instead of scribble pad, use mental maths trick, shortcut and formulas wherever possiblme.
- Lengthier questions should be solved later as this will avoid eliminating incorrect answer choices.
- Mock test will help in balancing the speed and accuracy. Avoid getting stuck on questions that you are unable to solve.
- Candidate must select the questions correctly.
FAQs On CAT Mock Series
Below we have listed the FAQs that candidates generally search:
|Q: How to appear for an online CAT mock test 2021?|
Ans: In order to appear for CAT mock test 2021, IIM Ahmedabad will release the CAT mock test in the first week of November 2021. Candidates who wish to take the mock test of CAT 2021 must visit the official website and go to the mock test tab.
|Q: When is the right time to take CAT mock tests?|
Ans: When preparing for the CAT test, the candidate must take the CAT mock test after completing the CAT syllabus 2021. When a candidate is ideally prepared for the same then the candidate must take the exam. The candidate must start taking mock tests at least three to four months before the CAT exam 2021 and during this time, the candidate must take as many mock tests as possible.
|Q: Should candidates take CAT mock test offered by coaching institutes?|
Ans: CAT mock tests offered by coaching institutes is highly reliable. The candidate must check the success rate of the candidates who have taken mock tests from a particular institute and take mock tests from the institute.
|Q: Is there any similarity between CAT 2021 mock test and the actual exam?|
Ans: The purpose of providing a mock test of CAT is to help students get an idea about various aspects of the entrance exam so that there is no loss on the day of the exam.
|Q: What are the benefits of practicing CAT mock tests?|
Ans: CAT mock test helps in improving the speed and accuracy for solving the question papers within the stipulated time. This will help in identifying the strength and weakness during the preparation phase.
CAT mock test plays an important role in the overall preparation for competitive exams. Aspirants must prepare by taken CAT mock tests 2021.
So, now you know everything about CAT Mock Tests and why it is important for you to take them. With only a few months left, take as many CAT Mock Papers as possible, and learn from your mistakes. You will definitely score high in the exam.
|CAT Mock Test|
|CAT Important Date|
|CAT Exam pattern|
|CAT Exam centre|
We hope this article on CAT Mock Test helps you. If you have any query, do let us know in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.423 Views