How To Crack SBI Clerk In First Attempt: If you are looking for how to crack SBI Clerk in first attempt, you have come to the right place. The State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest and most popular nationalized banks in India. Every year, SBI announces thousands of vacancies for the post of SBI Clerk or Junior Associates. This is a great opportunity for banking aspirants from all over the country as the SBI Clerk is one of the best entry-level jobs for banking aspirants.
Around 1.5 million candidates appear for the exam every year making it one of the most competitive exams in India. So, cracking SBI Clerk in the first attempt is no easy task. But it is not impossible either. In this article, we will provide you with a definite answer to how to crack SBI Clerk in first attempt.
We advise you to take a deep breath and go through this article which will be helpful in cracking the SBI Clerk in the very first attempt.
Note: The SBI Clerk 2020 is ongoing and the Preliminary exams are already over. Candidates who clear the SBI Clerk Prelims will then be called for SBI Clerk Mains. If you are one of these aspirants who have appeared for SBI Clerk for the first time and is expecting to clear the Prelims, you can also refer to this article and know how to crack SBI Clerk Mains in your first attempt.
How To Crack SBI Clerk In First Attempt?
“Knowledge is power” is a statement that holds true in every aspect. But, are you just focussed on your books and completely neglecting about the exam’s ins/outs? Well, let’s see some specific preparation strategies that hold true most of the time. But first, let’s quickly look at the overview of the exam.
|Name of the Organisation||State Bank Of India|
|Name of the Post||Clerk (Junior Associates)|
|No of Vacancies||8000|
|Stages||Three (Preliminary, Main, and Test of Opted Local Language)|
Crack SBI Clerk in First Attempt: Are You Aware Of SBI Clerk Exam Pattern?
Let’s have a look at SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam Pattern:
|Sections||Number of Questions / Marks||Duration (minutes)|
|English Language||30 / 30||20|
|Reasoning Ability||35 / 35||20|
|Numerical Ability||35 / 35||20|
|TOTAL||100 / 100||60|
The SBI Clerk Preliminary exam is like an audition (qualifying in nature). Candidates who successfully clear the Prelims are shortlisted to appear for the Main exam.
Given below is the SBI Clerk Main Exam Pattern:
|Sections||Number of Questions / Marks||Duration (minutes)|
|General/Financial Awareness||50 / 50||35|
|General English||40 / 40||35|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50 / 50||45|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50 / 50||45|
|TOTAL||190 / 190||2 Hours 40 Minutes|
You should be aware of all the concepts and topics included under each of these sections.
An important point to note that the scores of your SBI Prelims will not be added in the final Merit List.
Furthermore, the English Language and Numerical Ability sections of SBI Clerk Prelims are almost the same as the General English and Quantitative Aptitude sections, respectively, of SBI Clerk Mains. This is where you can prepare well for both the exams. So, for such sections as well as for the Reasoning Ability section, your SBI Clerk Prelims preparation will help you in the Mains exam as well.
Crack SBI Clerk In First Attempt: Section-wise SBI Clerk Preparation & Important Topics
So, now that you are aware of the SBI Clerk exam pattern and syllabus, let us look into how to prepare for each of these sections.
Also, you must note that there is a series of important topics that keep on appearing in the SBI Clerk examinations every year. Finish these topics thoroughly. These crucial topics can help to cover an optimum amount of syllabus in a reasonable time.
Let us now take a look at some of the sectional preparation strategy along with the important topics:
SBI Clerk Preparation For English Language/General English
The English Language section demands a regular reading habit alongside a good vocabulary to successfully clear this exam. Try developing the habit of reading a good English newspaper daily. This will improve your reading portion and you will then be able to take down those mighty comprehension tests with a single click. Make sure to jot down the new words you come across as you study and learn their meaning and usage.
In addition, you must also have a strong command over the grammatical rules of the English language. So, brush up the rules of English grammar and go through a sufficient number of examples to understand their application. Practice a sufficient number of questions from every topic you cover so as to test your knowledge.
Most of the questions from this section are based on the following:
- i) Sentence Improvement
- ii) Cloze Test
- iii) Reading Comprehension
- iv) Para Jumbles
- v) Spotting the Error
- vi) Vocabulary Based Questions
SBI Clerk Preparation For Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude
Mathematics has always haunted a lot of students and it will continue to do so. The only cure to this problem? Practice!
You need to keep on practicing the various topics and you will eventually find these quantitative questions as walking in the park. Most of the questions asked are formula-based while some of them might need a bit of analytical and critical thinking from your end. Understand the theory behind the concepts and memorize the formulas. Practice them so that they are at your fingertips. Then solve a sufficient number of questions. Refer to the formulas and examples if required.
Take out some time to learn short tricks to compute a problem in less time which will be quite helpful not only in your SBI Clerk examinations but other competitive exams.
Some of the important topics for SBI Clerk Numerical Ability are as under:
- i) Data Interpretation
- ii) Simplification/Approximations
- iii) Arithmetic (Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Allegations, Time & Distance, and more)
- iv) Quadratic Equations
- v) Number Series
- vi) Comparison Between Quantities
- (vii) Simple and Compound Interest
- (viii) Permutations and Combinations
- (ix) Mensuration
- (x) Probability
SBI Clerk Preparation For Reasoning Ability
This section focuses on your analytical and logical reasoning abilities. To ace this section, you need to be clear with the basics. Understand the steps to solve questions by referring to theories and examples. Develop the habit of jotting down important data provided in the questions and making diagrams. These habits are extremely crucial for this section as the questions are puzzle-based and need analysis of complex data.
The important topics for this section are as under:
- i) Coding-Decoding
- ii) Puzzles and Seating Arrangement
- iii) Input-Output
- iv) Series
- v) Syllogism
- vi) Inequality
- (vii) Blood Relations, and more.
SBI Clerk Preparation For General Knowledge/Current Affairs
Allocate 2 to 3 hours daily to prepare for the General/Financial Awareness section. Make the habit of reading newspapers daily. Also, go through some GK and Current Affairs books.
- Current Affairs – Sports, Technology, Books and Authors, Awards, National and International Events, Defence, Summits, etc.
- Indian Constitution
- Economics News
- Financial Awareness (Railway Budget, Union Budget, etc.)
- Banking Awareness – History, RBI Guidelines, Banking Terms, Abbreviations, and more.
Crack SBI Clerk in First Attempt: The All-Round Process
Irrespective of which section you are preparing for, your strategy should include the following:
You should start taking SBI Clerk mock tests only after completing all the concepts. But make sure you have ample time before the exam to take at least 15 mock papers. After every mock test, you should do a complete analysis of your performance.
Analysis of your mock tests will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses. You will get to know the particular topics where you spent more than the required amount of time, topics which you need to revise and practice more, and other gaps in your conceptual knowledge, problem-solving abilities and test-taking skills. You can then work on those particular areas and improve your score.
At Embibe, you can take SBI Clerk mock tests for free. These mock tests are based on the latest syllabus and exam pattern of SBI Clerk exam. If you unlock the Advanced Feedback Analysis, you will also get detailed analysis and feedback on your tests. This will pinpoint your areas of improvement.
What’s The Catch With The Sectional Timings?
One of the most important things to keep in mind as you prepare for SBI Clerk is that the exam has sectional timings. Each section of both Prelims and Mains is separately timed, and candidates must finish a particular section within the allocated time.
This requires one to have a proper strategy to attempt a particular section:
- a) Read the questions carefully.
- b) If you are not sure about a question, skip it without any hesitation.
- c) If you are confident about a question, attempt it.
- d) Do not spend too much time on any question.
- e) Once you have gone through all the questions from a particular section and answered the ones you were sure about, you can try to solve other questions. But do not attempt any question just for the sake of it.
Crack SBI Clerk in First Attempt: Important SBI Clerk Books 2020
Given down below are some of the essential SBI Clerk Books which are recommended by many toppers and experts.
SBI Clerk Books For Numerical Ability
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
SBI Clerk Books For the English Language
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Objective English by S.P Bakshi
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
SBI Clerk Books For Reasoning Ability
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
SBI Clerk Books For Computer Aptitude
- Lucent’s Computer by Rani Ahilya
- Objective Computer Awareness by Somya Ranjan Behera
SBI Clerk Books For General/Financial Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Banking and Economic Awareness by Rakesh Kumar
- Banking, Financial & General Awareness by I K Pavel
Some Essential Things To Keep In Mind
Here are some important points that you need to keep in mind while preparing for SBI Clerk:
- Keep an open mind to grasp all the concepts during your preparation.
- Create a proper schedule/timetable with some necessary 5-10 minutes’ breather in between. This helps you in building concentration levels.
- You have to understand the importance of speed and accuracy in these exams. Try learning some tricks and shortcuts which will help you compute faster.
- If you are not getting good scores in mocks, there is nothing to be disappointed about. Keep on practicing and learn from your mistakes.
- Do not compromise with your health. Eat healthy food and sleep well.
- Once you are done with your Prelims, you should not wait for the results. Instead, start your preparation for the Main exams.
- Keep yourself motivated. There is always an appreciation of hard efforts in some way or the other.
Important FAQs Related To SBI Clerk Preparation
Here we have answered some of the frequently asked questions related to SBI Clerk Preparation.
1. Do any website provide free SBI Clerk Mock Test?
A: Yes, Embibe provides all necessary SBI Clerk Mock Tests (both the Prelims and Mains) free of cost.
2. Can you suggest some good books for General Awareness?
A: The top books for General Awareness include Banking and Economic Awareness by Rakesh Kumar and Lucent’s General Knowledge.
3. Can you tell me the detailed syllabus of SBI Clerk?
A: You can go through the entire SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 from Embibe.
Final Words: Are You All Set To Crack SBI Clerk In First Attempt?
With the lot being said, we have come to the end of our article on how to crack SBI clerk in first attempt. So, create a plan and start your preparation. Make the best use of the time in hand and be methodical and serious right from the beginning. You will definitely crack the exam with flying colors.
If you have any queries related to SBI Clerk Prelims/Main examination or any other competitive exams, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Embibe wishes you all the best!34 Views