SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021: The State Bank of India (SBI) will release SBI Clerk Recruitment Notification for the post of Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales) soon on the official website, sbi.co.in. The SBI Clerk exam dates for prelims and mains are yet to be announced. For successful application process, candidates should check eligibility and other exam related information. The SBI Clerk 2021 recruitment notification will be updated once it is released.
SBI Clerk is one of the most sought-after jobs in India and lakhs of candidates apply for the SBI Clerk recruitment exam. Candidates should carefully read the SBI Clerk Notification 2021 before filling the application form online. We will provide detailed information on SBI Clerk Recruitment in this article. Read on to find out about eligibility criteria, salary, important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation, and more.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Overview
Before getting into the details of SBI Clerk 2021 Recruitment, let us have a look at the overview of SBI Clerk exam mentioned below:
|Conducting Body||State Bank Of India|
|Name of the Post||Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales)|
|Number of Vacancies||To be updated soon|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Frequency of Exam||Once|
|Stages of Exam||1. Preliminary|
3. Local Language Test
|Exam Help Desk||022-22820427|
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Dates
The SBI will release notification on the official website. The important dates related to exam will be updated soon once it is released.
|Release of Notification||To be notified soon|
|Online Registration Starting Date||To be notified soon|
|Last Date for Online Registration||To be notified soon|
|Release of Prelims Admit Card||To be notified soon|
|Prelims Exam Date||To be notified soon|
|Declaration of Prelims Result||To be notified soon|
|Release of Mains Admit Card||To be notified soon|
|Main Exam Date||To be notified soon|
|Declaration of Main Exam Result||To be notified soon|
|SBI Clerk Admit Card||SBI Clerk Result|
|SBI Clerk Exam Analysis||SBI Clerk Result Hindi|
|SBI Clerk Exam Date||SBI Clerk Salary|
|SBI Clerk Mains Result||SBI Clerk Mock Test|
|SBI Clerk Syllabus||SBI Clerk Exam Pattern|
SBI Clerk 2021 Vacancies
The SBI Clerk Recruitment notification will be released soon. Therefore, the number of vacancies announced for the post of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) in the clerical cadre will be updated once it is released.
SBI Clerk 2021 Salary
The starting basic pay for SBI Clerk is Rs. 13075.00 (Rs. 11765.00 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates). The SBI Clerk 2021 Salary details are as under:
Pay Scale: Rs.11765-655/ 3-13730-815/ 3-16175-980/ 4-20095-1145/ 7-28110-2120/ 1-30230-1310/1-31450.
Emoluments: Rs. 25000/- per month inclusive of D.A, other allowances at the current rate and two additional increments for newly recruited graduate junior associates. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
Benefits: Provident Fund, New Pension Scheme, Medical leave Fare and other facilities.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to appear for the SBI Clerk 2021 recruitment exam:
Nationality: A candidate is required to be: a citizen of India/a subject of Nepal/a subject of Bhutan/a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India/a person of Indian origin who migrated to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam and have the intention of settling permanently in India.
Age Limit: The minimum and maximum age of a candidate should be 20 years and 28 years respectively.
SBI offers a specific age relaxation to different categories. The relaxation of the upper age limit is mentioned below:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|PWD (Gen)||10 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|Persons domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a max. age of 50 years.|
|Widows, Divorced women, and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried||7 years (subject to the maximum age limit of 35 years for General, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)|
Educational Qualification: Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Application Form
The application process for SBI Clerk Recruitment will start once it is released on the website. However, candidates applying for the exam next year can refer to this section:
Before applying for the exam, candidates must keep the scanned copies of the following documents ready:
- A recent passport-sized color photograph (4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) of the candidate in JPEG format; the size should be 20 to 50 kb whereas the dimension should be 200 x 230 pixels.
- Signature* in black ink on white paper.
- Left Thumb Impression* in blue or black ink on white paper.
- Handwritten Declaration* in English with black ink on white paper.
How To Apply For SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021
Candidates can follow the step wise process to successfully apply for SBI Clerk Recruitment:
- 1st Step: Visit to the official website of SBI – sbi.co.in/careers.
- 2nd Step: Go to the “Latest Announcements” tab and go to the “Recruitment of Junior Associates” notice.
- 3rd Step: Click on the “Apply Online” link.
- 4th Step: On the redirected page, click on “Click Here for New Registration”.
- 5th Step: Enter your basic information like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Mobile Number to register yourself.
- 6th Step: A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated after you have submitted all the basic information. It is advised to note these down. However, the same will also be sent to you via your registered email ID and phone number.
- 7th Step: Log in with your Provisional Registration Number and Password to proceed for the next step of registration. You can also edit the particulars, if necessary.
- 8th Step: Enter your Personal, Academic, and other details.
- 9th Step: Upload scanned copies of your Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression, and the Handwritten Declaration.
- 10th Step: Make a payment of the application fee. The accepted modes of payment include Debit Cards, Credit Cards, and Internet Banking.
- 11th Step: Click on “Submit”.
- 12th Step: Download and print out several copies of your SBI Clerk Application Form for future reference.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Application Fee
The application fee for different categories have been revised as follows:
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex-Serviceman Candidates||NIL|
|General/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 750/- (App. Fee Including Intimation Charges)|
The application fee can be paid only in online mode through Credit/Debit Cards and Net Banking. An e-receipt will be generated after the successful payment. This will act as proof (if required in the future).
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Selection Process
The selection process will consist of two rounds of online exam (Prelims & Mains) and a test of specified opted local language.
1st Stage: SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam
2nd Stage: SBI Clerk Main Exam
3rd Stage: SBI Clerk Document Verification & Test of Local Language
Quick Note: The marks of the Preliminary exam will not be considered to compile the Final Merit List. Provisional selection will be based upon the candidate’s performance in the Main exam. In case a candidate is through all the rounds, the final selection will be based on document verification as well as the candidate’s performance in the Test of Opted Local Language.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern For Prelims
The exam pattern comprises of various parameters such as types of questions, number of questions, exam duration, mode and medium of instruction. Candidates appearing for the examination must be familiar with the SBI Clerk Paper Pattern. Therefore, candidates can check the SBI Clerk exam pattern for prelims exam mentioned below:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- The prelims exam consists of objective type of questions.
- The total marks allotted for prelims is 100.
- The number of sections comprises of English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
- There are 100 questions asked in prelims exam.
- The time duration of exam is 1 hour.
- There is 1/4th negative marking scheme deducted for every wrong answer.
- No minimum qualifying marks are prescribed for individual test or aggregate scores.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern For Mains
Candidates qualifying in prelim exam will be allowed to appear for SBI Clerk Main exam. Therefore, candidates can check the exam pattern for main exam as mentioned below:
|Sections||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability& Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 Minutes|
- The questions will be of objective type, except for General English.
- The medium of language will be bilingual i.e., English and Hindi.
- There will negative marking of 1/4th marks deducted for every wrong answer.
Test of Specified Opted Local Language
Candidates who qualify for the selection can produce 10th or 12th standard marksheet/certificate. This forms the evidence for having studied the specified local language, resulting in no language test of any sort. For others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2021
Candidates can check the SBI Clerk syllabus for SBI Clerk Exam are given below:
- General awareness: Knowledge of Current affairs, Sports, history, geography, culture, Indian constitutions, News related to Reserve Bank of India, Banking Awareness, Financial Awareness (Union Budget/ Railway Budget), Economics news.
- General English: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Word formation, Sentence completion, Comprehension – Theme detection, Deriving conclusions, Passage completion, Error detection, Passage correction, Sentence correction, Spelling – Grammar, Phrases, Idioms.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Basic 10th 11th and 12th Mathematics including profit and loss, percentage, number system, averages, ratios and proportions, speed and distance, time clock, calendars, analogies and distance, ages.
- Marketing Aptitude: Basics of Marketing, Marketing Strategies, Market Segmentation, Marketing Management, Marketing Mix, Developing stage of organization, Brand Advertising, Products Life Cycle, 4 P’s and 4 C’s of Marketing.
- Computer Knowledge: Ms Office, Windows OS, internet, email configurations and protocols, hardware etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Syllogism, Data interpretation, number series, blood relations, odd series, coding, and decoding, seating arrangement, Distance and Direction, ranking, Order and ranking, Making judgments, etc.
SBI Clerk Admit Card 2021
The SBI Clerk Admit Card is released separately for each stage of the exam. State Bank of India Clerk Prelims admit card was released for those who successfully applied for the exam. For Mains, it will be issued only for those candidates who qualify in the Prelims exam. The admit card will be made available on the official website of SBI. Candidates will have to log in to their account using their Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth in order to download their admit card.
The admit card is an important document without which candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam. It will contain all the information regarding the exam and the candidate.
SBI Clerk 2021: Helpline
In case you come across any problems, queries may be made at Telephone no. 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM and 06:00 PM on working days). Candidates can also lodge his/her query on cgrs.ibps.in. Candidates are advised not to forget to mention ‘Recruitment of Junior Associate-2020’ in the subject of the email.
SBI Clerk Result 2021
SBI Clerk Result will be declared separately for both the stages of the exam after the culmination of exam. It will be issued on the SBI official website. In order to view and download the result, candidates will have to log in to their account using their Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth.
SBI Clerk Cutoff 2021
For both Prelims and Mains, the SBI Clerk Cutoff is determined based on multiple factors, like:
- Total number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Total number of vacancies for SBI Clerks
- The difficulty level of the exam, and many more
As a result, the cutoff changes every year. We advise you to bookmark this page as we will update the cutoff once the exam is conducted and SBI releases the cutoff marks.
SBI Clerk Merit List 2021
The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be added for the selection. Only the aggregate marks obtained in the Main Examination will be considered for the preparation of the final merit list. Provisional selection will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Main examination.
Final selection will be applicable as per these points:
- Verification of eligibility for the post and information furnished in the online application.
- Qualifying in the test of specified opted local language, where applicable, as mentioned above. Results of the candidates who have provisionally qualified for selection will be made available on the official website.
Wait List: A waitlist of up to 50% of vacancies (State-category wise) will be maintained. Candidates will be released from this waitlist on a quarterly basis against non-joining and resignation out of the current batch only. Candidates have to note that the waitlist will be valid for one year from the date of declaration of the final result.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips 2021
The SBI Clerk Preparation needs one to be very serious and methodical as the exam is concentrated in scoring more within a limited time for guaranteeing your selection.
Have a clear knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus. After that, finishing each of the sections and topics/subtopics becomes essential. Understand the theory behind the concepts and start solving as many practice questions as possible. For the English section, developing reading habits will surely help. Go through a sufficient number of example problems before solving practice questions.
Once you have finished the whole syllabus, take mock tests and then analyze your papers. This will help you identify your strong and weak areas. Work on them and improve yourself. Also, try working on improving your time management and question selection skills.
FREE Online SBI Clerk Mains Mock Tests Available on Embibe:
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 1
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 2
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 3
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 4
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 5
FAQs Regarding SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021
The frequently asked questions on SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 are given below:
|Q. When will SBI Clerk Notification will release? |
A. The notification will be released soon on the official website.
|Q. What is the mode of application?|
A. The mode of application is online.
|Q. What is the age limit for SBI Clerk?|
A. The age limit for SBI Clerk is 20 to 28 years.
|Q. Is there any negative marking in the exam?|
A. Yes, there is negative marking of 1/4th marks deducted for every wrong answer in the exam.
We strongly believe that your SBI Clerk preparation will become effective once you understand SBI Clerk Exam Pattern and analyze them. A careful analysis will help you understand your weak areas and and you can work on them to improve yourself. Make the best possible use of these free mock tests and do well in the exam.
We hope this detailed article helps you. For any query regarding this article or the exam in general, feel free to drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.5462 Views