SBI Clerk 2020 Recruitment: SBI Clerk 2020 Official Notification for the post of Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales) was released in January 2020 on the official website, sbi.co.in. As per the SBI Clerk 2020 notification, a total of 8000+ vacancies were announced for the post of Junior Associates – Customer Support and Sales. Now that SBI Clerk Prelims has been successfully conducted, candidates are eagerly waiting for their SBI Clerk Result.
SBI Clerk is one of the most sought-after jobs in India. It is highly prestigious and that is why lakhs of candidates apply for the recruitment exam of the State Bank of India. The SBI Clerk notification 2020 PDF has been released by the officials and is available for download in case you want to check it out. However, we will cover everything that is mentioned on SBI Clerk 2020 Notification PDF so that you can easily find out information from this article. Read this article to find out about SBI Clerk Recruitment vacancies, pay scale, eligibility criteria, important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation, and more.
Important: Download SBI Clerk Notification PDF
SBI Clerk 2020 Recruitment
Before getting into the details of State Bank of India Clerk Recruitment 2020, let’s have a quick overview of the exam:
|Name of the Organisation||State Bank Of India|
|Name of the Post||Clerk (Junior Associates)|
|No of Vacancies||8000|
|Starting Date to Apply Online||January 03, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||January 26, 2020|
|Stages||Three (Preliminary, Main, and Test of Opted Local Language)|
SBI Clerk 2020: Important Dates
The important dates for State Bank of India Clerk 2020 are tabulated below:
|Online Registration Starting Date||January 03, 2020|
|Last Fate for Online Registration||January 26, 2020|
|Release of Preliminary Exam Admit Card||February 11, 2020|
|Preliminary Exam||February 22, 2020|
February 29, 2020
March 1, 2020
March 8, 2020
|Preliminary Exam Result Declaration||First Week of April 2020 (Tentative)|
|Release of Main Exam Admit Card||To Be Updated Soon|
|Main Exam||To Be Updated Soon|
|Main Exam Result Declaration||To Be Updated Soon|
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020: SBI Clerk Vacancy Details
The SBI Clerk Recruitment notification 2020 PDF announced around 8000 vacancies. The designation will be Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) in the clerical cadre in State Bank of India. It’s a great opportunity for candidates who are looking for jobs in the government sector.
SBI Clerk 2020: SBI Clerk Salary Perks & Benefits
The starting basic pay that an SBI Clerk gets is Rs. 13075.00 (Rs. 11765.00 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates). The SBI Clerk 2020 Salary details are as under:
|Pay Scale||11765-655/ 3-13730-815/ 3-16175-980/ 4-20095-1145/|
|Emoluments||Rs. 25000/- per month inclusive of D.A. (in metro cities)*|
|Benefits||Provident Fund, New Pension Scheme, Medical leave, etc.|
*Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020: SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to appear for the SBI Clerk 2020 recruitment exam:
- The minimum and maximum age of a candidate should be 20 years and 28 years respectively (as on 01.01.2020). This means that candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1992 and no later than 01.01.2000 (both days inclusive).
- He/She must hold a valid graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- A candidate is required to be: a citizen of India/a subject of Nepal/a subject of Bhutan/a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India/a person of Indian origin who migrated to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam and have the intention of settling permanently in India.
Relaxation Of Upper Age Limit
SBI offers a specific age relaxation to different categories. The relaxation of the upper age limit is mentioned below:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|PWD (Gen)||10 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|Persons domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a max. age of 50 years.|
|Widows, Divorced women, and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried||7 years (subject to the maximum age limit of 35 years for General, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)|
SBI Clerk 2020: SBI Clerk Application Form
The application process for SBI PO Recruitment is already over. However, candidates applying for the exam next year can refer to this section:
Before applying for the exam, candidates must keep the scanned copies of the following documents ready:
- A recent passport-sized color photograph (4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) of the candidate in JPEG format; the size should be 20 to 50 kb whereas the dimension should be 200 x 230 pixels.
- Signature* in black ink on white paper.
- Left Thumb Impression* in blue or black ink on white paper.
- Handwritten Declaration* in English with black ink on white paper.
Signature, Left Thumb Impression, and Handwritten Declaration should be in JPEG format with dimensions of 140-60 pixels and size 10-20 kb.
How To Apply For SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020
Follow the steps below to successfully apply for SBI Clerk Recruitment:
- 1st Step: Log in to the official website of SBI – sbi.co.in/careers.
- 2nd Step: Go to the “Latest Announcements” tab and go to the “Recruitment of Junior Associates” notice.
- 3rd Step: Click on the “Apply Online” link.
- 4th Step: On the redirected page, click on “Click Here for New Registration”.
- 5th Step: Enter your basic information like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Mobile Number to register yourself.
- 6th Step: A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated after you have submitted all the basic information. It is advised to note these down. However, the same will also be sent to you via your registered email ID and phone number.
- 7th Step: Log in with your Provisional Registration Number and Password to proceed for the next step of registration. You can also edit the particulars, if necessary.
- 8th Step: Enter your Personal, Academic, and other details.
- 9th Step: Upload scanned copies of your Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression, and the Handwritten Declaration.
- 10th Step: Make a payment of the application fee. The accepted modes of payment include Debit Cards, Credit Cards, and Internet Banking.
- 11th Step: Click on “Submit”.
- 12th Step: Download and print out several copies of your SBI Clerk Application Form for future reference.
SBI Clerk Application Fee
As per the SBI Clerk notification 2020 PDF, the application fee for different categories have been revised as follows:
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex-Serviceman Candidates||NIL|
|General/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 750/- (App. Fee Including Intimation Charges)|
The application fee can be paid only in online mode through Credit/Debit Cards and Net Banking. An e-receipt will be generated after the successful payment. This will act as proof (if required in the future).
SBI Clerk 2020: SBI Clerk Selection Process
The selection process will consist of two rounds of online exam (Preliminary & Main examination) and a test of specified opted local language.
- 1st Stage: SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam
- 2nd Stage: SBI Clerk Main Exam
- 3rd Stage: SBI Clerk Document Verification & Test of Local Language
Quick Note: The marks of the Preliminary exam will not be considered to compile the Final Merit List. Provisional selection will be based upon the candidate’s performance in the Main exam. In case a candidate is through all the rounds, the final selection will be based on document verification as well as the candidate’s performance in the Test of Opted Local Language.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern For Prelims
STAGE-1: The SBI Clerk exam pattern for Prelims is tabulated below:
|Section||Total Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- Every correct answer carries +1 mark.
- For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern For Mains
STAGE-2: The SBI Clerk exam pattern for Mains exam is tabulated below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 Minutes|
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark.
- For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
STAGE-3: Test of Specified Opted Local Language:
Candidates who qualify for the selection can produce 10th or 12th standard marksheet/certificate. This forms the evidence for having studied the specified local language, resulting in no language test of any sort. For others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining.
SBI Clerk 2020: Final Selection & Merit List
According to the State Bank of India Clerk notification 2020 pdf, the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be added for the selection. Only the aggregate marks obtained in the Main Examination will be considered for the preparation of the final merit list. Provisional selection will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Main examination.
Final selection will be applicable as per these points:
- (i) Verification of eligibility for the post and information furnished in the online application.
- (ii) Qualifying in the test of specified opted local language, where applicable, as mentioned above. Results of the candidates who have provisionally qualified for selection will be made available on the official website.
Wait List: A waitlist of up to 50% of vacancies (State-category wise) will be maintained. Candidates will be released from this waitlist on a quarterly basis against non-joining and resignation out of the current batch only. Candidates have to note that the waitlist will be valid for one year from the date of declaration of the final result.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020: Section-wise Syllabus
The section-wise syllabus for SBI Clerk Exam is given below:
- General awareness: Knowledge of Current affairs, Sports, history, geography, culture, Indian constitutions, News related to Reserve Bank of India, Banking Awareness, Financial Awareness (Union Budget/ Railway Budget), Economics news.
- General English: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Word formation, Sentence completion, Comprehension – Theme detection, Deriving conclusions, Passage completion, Error detection, Passage correction, Sentence correction, Spelling – Grammar, Phrases, Idioms.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Basic 10th 11th and 12th Mathematics including profit and loss, percentage, number system, averages, ratios and proportions, speed and distance, time clock, calendars, analogies and distance, ages.
- Marketing Aptitude: Basics of Marketing, Marketing Strategies, Market Segmentation, Marketing Management, Marketing Mix, Developing stage of organization, Brand Advertising, Products Life Cycle, 4 P’s and 4 C’s of Marketing.
- Computer Knowledge: Ms Office, Windows OS, internet, email configurations and protocols, hardware etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Syllogism, Data interpretation, number series, blood relations, odd series, coding, and decoding, seating arrangement, Distance and Direction, ranking, Order and ranking, Making judgments, etc.
Best Books For SBI Clerk 2020 Preparation
The right kind of resources is essential for you to prepare for the State Bank of India Clerk exam. This section of the article will help you choose the best books for each section. Please note that these books have been recommended by top teachers, toppers, and professional academicians at Embibe.
SBI Clerk Books For English Language
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Objective English by S.P Bakshi
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
SBI Clerk Books For Numerical Ability
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
SBI Clerk Books For Reasoning Ability
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
SBI Clerk Books For General/Financial Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Banking and Economic Awareness by Rakesh Kumar
- Banking, Financial & General Awareness by I K Pavel
SBI Clerk Books For Computer Aptitude
- Lucent’s Computer by Rani Ahilya
- Objective Computer Awareness by Somya Ranjan Behera
SBI Clerk Notification 2020: Essential Preparation Tips
The State Bank of India Clerk Preparation needs one to be very serious and methodical as the exam is concentrated in scoring more within a limited time for guaranteeing your selection.
Have a clear knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus. After that, finishing each of the sections and topics/subtopics becomes essential. Understand the theory behind the concepts and start solving as many practice questions as possible. For the English section, developing reading habits will surely help. Go through a sufficient number of example problems before solving practice questions.
Once you have finished the whole syllabus, take mock tests and then analyze your papers. This will help you identify your strong and weak areas. Work on them and improve yourself. Also, try working on improving your time management and question selection skills.
FREE Online SBI Clerk Mains Mock Tests Available on Embibe:
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 1
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 2
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 3
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 4
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 5
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020: SBI Clerk Admit Card
The SBI Clerk Admit Card is released separately for each stage of the exam. State Bank of India Clerk Prelims admit card was released for those who successfully applied for the exam. For Mains, it will be issued only for those candidates who qualify in the Prelims exam. The admit card will be made available on the official website of SBI. Candidates will have to log in to their account using their Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth in order to download their admit card.
The admit card is an important document without which candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam. It will contain all the information regarding the exam and the candidate.
SBI Clerk Cutoff 2020
For both Prelims and Mains, the SBI Clerk Cutoff is determined based on multiple factors, like:
- Total number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Total number of vacancies for SBI Clerks
- The difficulty level of the exam, and many more
As a result, the cutoff changes every year. We advise you to bookmark this page as we will update the cutoff once the exam is conducted and SBI releases the cutoff marks.
SBI Clerk Result 2020
SBI Clerk Result will be declared separately for both the stages of the exam. It will be issued on the SBI official website. In order to view and download the result, candidates will have to log in to their account using their Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth.
SBI Clerk 2020: Helpline
In case you come across any problems, queries may be made at Telephone no. 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM and 06:00 PM on working days). Candidates can also lodge his/her query on cgrs.ibps.in. Candidates are advised not to forget to mention ‘Recruitment of Junior Associate-2020’ in the subject of the email.
Important FAQs Related To SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020
Some important FAQs related to SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 are given below:
1. When the SBI Clerk Prelims result will release?
A: SBI Clerk Prelims is expected to be released soon.
2. Is there any website that offers free SBI Clerk Mock Test?
A: Embibe offers you free SBI Clerk Mock Test.
3. I am born on 23 July 1991 and UR category. Will I be eligible for SBI Clerk?
A: No, you will not be eligible for SBI Clerk.
We hope this detailed article helps you. For any query regarding this article or the exam in general, feel free to drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.6348 Views