The JKCET (Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance test. Candidates appearing for this exam are requested tp check the eligibility criteria and apply for the exam. This exam is organized by BOPEE (J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations). Through their JK CET candidates can get admission into various professional courses like MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BUMS /Physiotherapy/Diploma Dental Hygiene/B.E. The JKCET 2016 exam is conducted for the screening of the students for admissions in various undergraduate courses including dental, engineering, medical and agriculture. Below are the eligibility criteria and the important dates for this exam.
- Qualification and Citizenship:
- The candidate should belong to Jammu and Kashmir and should be a permanent resident of J&K State as defined in section 6 of the Constitution of J&K.
- You need to pass their 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board securing 50% marks (for general category) and 40% marks (for reserved category).
- You need to clear the 12th or equivalent exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for admission to Engineering Courses.
- You should pass 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, Physiotherapy and Diploma in Dental hygiene.
- Age Limit :
The candidates must be at least 17 years old on or before 31stof December 2016 for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS and Diploma in Dental hygiene courses.
Examination Date & Pattern:
|Date of the Exam||Subject||Number of questions|
|21st May 2016||Physics & Chemistry||60 each|
|22nd May 2016||Biology||60|
|Other important dates (Tentative)|
|Online application forms will be available in the month of||January 2016|
|Last Date for applying online||February 2016|
|Admit Card will be avaiable on||April 2016|
|Exam Date||21 & 22 May 2016|
Note: The above dates are tentative, the actual dates will be avalable on the official website soon.
The JKCET Admit Card 2016 will be available on the official web portal of BOPEE in the month of April or May 2016 (Tentative). There are total 450 seats are available for MBBS Courses & 140 seats are available for BDS through this entrance exam. Candidates need to read the instructions carefully before filling the forms. Also take a printout of the admit card as you will require to present it during your exams.