SSC CPO Preparation 2020: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC CPO Recruitment notification on June 17, 2020, on its official website. A total of 3,237 vacancies have been announced under the SSC CPO 2020. Interested candidates, who are looking to take advantage of this incredible opportunity, should apply and set themselves up with SSC CPO Preparation.
The first step towards the preparation is to understand the pre-requisites of the examination and create a proper study plan. Scanning through a few previous years’ questions papers can help you get an idea about the SSC CPO exam pattern. Candidates need to thoroughly understand the SSC CPO Syllabus so that they can plan their SSC CPO Preparation strategy accordingly. In this article, we have provided SSC CPO Preparation tips which the candidates can follow while preparing for the exam.
- – (i). The exam will be conducted from September 29 to October 5, 2020.
- – (ii). Candidates can apply for SSC CPO Recruitment from June 17 to July 16, 2020.
SSC CPO Preparation 2020
Before we get into the details of SSC CPO Preparation 2020, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||SSC CPO 2020|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Posts||Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs,|
Sub Inspector (Executive) – (Male/Female) in Delhi Police
|Vacancy||3,237 ( including females and ex-servicemen)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduate in any Discipline and Departmental Candidates*|
|Mode of Exam||Paper 1 will be conducted in Computer Based Test|
|Selection Process||Paper 1,|
Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET),
Paper 2 and
Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
SSC CPO Selection Procedure
The SSC CPO selection process involves the following stages:
- Written Examination – Paper I (Prelims)
- Physical Standard Test / Physical Endurance Test
- Written Examination – Paper II (Mains)
- Medical Examination Test
- Document Verification
- Final Selection
SSC CPO Exam Pattern
Before we go into the SSC CPO preparation tips and strategies, let’s look at the SSC CPO exam pattern:
SSC CPO Exam Pattern For Paper-I
|Sections||Number of Questions / Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50 / 50|
|English Comprehension||50 / 50|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50 / 50|
|General Awareness||50 / 50|
|Total||200 / 200|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern For Paper-II
|Subject||Number of Questions / Maximum Marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||200 / 200|
NOTE: Both Paper I and Paper II are of 2 hours duration each. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer in both the papers. Click the link below to check the latest detailed SSC CPO Exam Pattern.
Section-Wise SSC CPO Preparation Tips
In this section, we will be covering the section-wise preparatory strategies. After analyzing the complete exam pattern and syllabus, we have created a very specific SSC CPO preparation strategy and tips to crack the exam.
SSC CPO Preparation For General Intelligence & Reasoning
The Reasoning section will check your quick decision-making ability and visualizing power. To score high in this section, you need to practice the questions daily. The difficulty level of this section is comparatively easy than the other sections. Let’s take note of a few important points regarding this section of SSC CPO Preparation:
- (i) The Reasoning section is one of the easiest and high scoring areas of SSC CPO Exam.
- (iii) General Intelligence & Reasoning section consists of 50 questions.
- (iv) Each question carries 1 mark.
SSC CPO Preparation For General Knowledge
General Awareness is quite vast. Keep your focus on important topics, and not on the entire subject. Static GK mainly pertains to Culture, Indian History, Geography (India+World), Environment, Science & Technology, Economy, and Polity. For current affairs stay updated with current news Newspapers are a very good source of daily information for everyone. Candidates should brush up their GK skills by taking more and more tests. You can practice mock tests here at Embibe.
SSC CPO Preparation For Quantitative Aptitude
Aspirants need to improve their calculation speed. They need to learn short methods and tricks for the Arithmetic section. This subject also requires special attention to Algebra, Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, and Mensuration.
- (i) You can start your preparation with Number System since it involves the most basic concepts.
- (ii) To master the topic of Profit and Loss, solving questions with high values will be of great help.
- (iii) Interest is quite similar to Profit and Loss. Thus, you can prepare for this topic by brushing up the basics and practicing more and more questions.
- (iv) Topics like Circles, Slopes are covered under Geometry. Brushing up on your basic knowledge of angles, congruence, axioms, co-ordinate geometry will be helpful for that.
- (v) Ratio and Proportions sums can be prepared by understanding the working rules of ratios and proportions.
SSC CPO Preparation For English Language
Aspirants need to read English newspapers on a daily basis. It will help to improve your knowledge of current affairs and simultaneously your vocabulary and reading speed as well. The SSC CPO English Section will be based on vocabulary, grammar, and reading comprehension. In grammar, the questions will be asked from Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement, Active Passive Voice, Direct Indirect Speech topics.
For handling the vocabulary and comprehension part, you have to work on your reading skills. Aspirants can check out the Expected & Previous Years SSC CPO Cut Off to set the goals that you need to cross for cracking the CPO Exam.
SSC CPO Preparation: General Tips To Prepare For SSC CPO 2020
Once you have a clear knowledge of the SSC CPO Exam Pattern and Syllabus, you have to start your preparation in a methodical manner. The following tips will help you in your SSC CPO Preparation:
- Create a Timetable: Once you have gone through the entire syllabus and exam pattern for SSC CPO exam, mark out the areas in which you are strong and weak in. You should create a proper SSC CPO timetable and allocate the required time on the basis of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop Reading Habits: Most of the subjects of SSC CPO requires one to read a lot. Reading helps in better understanding and retention. So, we encourage you to develop reading habits.
- Understand the Basic Concepts: As you read, understand the underlying theories of every concept in detail. You need to clear your basics in order to score well in your exam. Make proper notes of all the specific points as you cover.
- Solve Practice Questions: As you finish studying a topic, solve a sufficient number of practice questions, and monitor the time. Improve your question-solving abilities in terms of both accuracy and speed.
- Take Mock Tests: Once you have finished the entire syllabus, start taking mock tests. It is equally important to analyze the mock tests so that you can identify your strengths and weaknesses. Then you have to work on your weak areas and improve.
Important FAQs Related To SSC CPO Preparation
Let us answer some of the frequently asked questions about SSC CPO Preparation:
Ans: Some of the important books which can be useful for your SSC CPO Preparation are:
– Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
– General Knowledge by Dr Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
– Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
Ans: Both the Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning require immense practice. Therefore, you need to clear your basics first and then start practicing questions in a diligent manner.
Ans: Preparing a proper study plan and dividing it as per your weak and strong subjects is a must. Make the best use of the best books which can help you finish your syllabus on time. Once you have completed your entire syllabus, start taking mock tests, and improve your score.
Ans: You can take the SSC CPO Mock Test here.
SSC CPO is a highly competitive exam. In order to crack this exam, you must be well-prepared and be in a position to score as high as possible. Therefore, take SSC CPO Mock Tests and prepare well for the exam. This will help you to know where you stand with the present level of preparation. You can then work on to improve.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CPO Preparation 2020 helps you. In case you have a query regarding SSC CPO Preparation, reach out to us through the comment section below and we will get back to you. Embibe wishes you good luck for SSC CPO 2020!1272 Views