SSC CPO Recruitment 2019: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC CPO recruitment notification for the year 2019 on 17th September 2019 on the official website ssc.nic.in. The SSC conducts the SSC CPO exam every year for posts of Sub Inspector (SI) and Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) in various Central Police Organizations (CPOs) like Delhi Police, CRPF, CAPF, ITBP, CISF, etc.
Candidates who are interested in SSC CPO SI/ASI Recruitment can start applying for SSC CPO exam from 17th September 2019 and the last date to apply for SSC CPO Recruitment is 16th October 2019. The SSC CPO Exam is scheduled to be held from 11th December to 13th December 2019. In this article, we will give detailed information about SSC CPO recruitment 2019 – important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application form, syllabus, etc. Read on to find out.
Latest: December 06, 2019: SSC CPO 2019 Tentative Vacancies Released! Click Here To Check SSC CPO Vacancies.
SSC CPO Recruitment 2019
Before getting into the details of SSC CPO recruitment 2019, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the Exam||SSC CPO 2019|
|Name of the Posts||SI, ASI|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduate in any Discipline|
|Exam Type||National Level|
SSC CPO Recruitment Exam Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Release of Official Notification||17th September 2019|
|Starting Date of Online Application||17th September 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application||16th October 2019|
|Last Date of fee payment||18th October 2019|
|Online Paper I Exam (Prelims)||11th to 13th December 2019|
|Online Paper-II Exam (Mains)||To be Updated|
SSC CPO Recruitment 2019: SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria
According to the SSC CPO Recruitment notification 2019, the eligibility criteria for SSC CPO 2019 are tabulated below:
- Nationality – A candidate must be a citizen of India / a subject of Nepal / a subject of Bhutan / a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India / a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age – According to the SSC CPO Recruitment notification 2019, candidates who are 20 to 25 years old can apply for the exam. SC/ST candidates have an age relaxation of 5 years while OBC candidates have an age relaxation of 3 years. Ex-Servicemen have an age relaxation of 3 years.
- Educational Qualification – As per the SSC CPO Recruitment notification 2019, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent. However, if you have not acquired the degree as on 01-08-2019, you are not eligible and need not apply.
Note: Male candidates applying for the post of SI in Delhi Police must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, for all other posts, candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible.
SSC CPO Recruitment: SSC CPO Application Form
Aspiring candidates must read the SSC CPO notification and information brochure carefully before filling up the SSC CPO application form. Following are the steps to fill up SSC CPO online application form:
- 1st Step – Go to the official link to apply online.
- 2nd Step – Read the instructions and then enter the basic information asked to register yourself. Once registered, you will be provided with Registration ID and Password. Note them down in a safe place.
- 3rd Step – Upload the scanned copies of Photograph and Signature in JPEG/JPG format. The size of the photograph should be between 4 KB and 20 KB. The size of the signature should be between 1 KB and 12 KB.
- 4th Step – Enter the required details in the online application form carefully.
- 5th Step – Make a payment of SSC CPO application fee and submit your application.
- 6th Step – Take a print out of the same for future reference.
SSC CPO Recruitment – Application Form Fee
|SSC CPO Recruitment: SSC CPO Application Fee|
|General / OBC||Rs 100|
|SC / ST / Female candidates / Ex-serviceman||No fee|
According to the SSC CPO Recruitment notification 2019, the application fee can be paid online (Credit card / Debit card / Net banking) or through SBI e-Challan.
SSC CPO Recruitment: Selection Process
According to the SSC CPO Recruitment notification 2019, the SSC CPO recruitment process involves the following steps:
- Written Examination – Paper I
- Physical Standard Test / Physical Efficiency Examination (Qualifying in nature)
- Written Examination – Paper II
- Medical Examination Test
- Document Verification
- Final selection
SSC CPO Recruitment: SSC CPO Exam Pattern
As you can see, the written exam of SSC CPO is conducted in two stages. The exam pattern of SSC CPO Paper I and Paper II are as under:
SSC CPO Exam Pattern For Paper I
SSC CPO Recruitment: SSC CPO Paper I Exam Pattern
Number of Questions / Maximum Marks
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||
Both Paper I and Paper II are of 2 hours duration.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern For Paper II
SSC CPO Recruitment: SSC CPO Paper II Exam Pattern
Number of Questions / Maximum Marks
|English Language & Comprehension||
SSC CPO Recruitment – Phase 1 Syllabus
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Ratio and Percentage||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Number Series||Error Correction|
|Ordering and Ranking||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Data Sufficiency||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
SSC CPO Recruitment: Physical Standard Test And Physical Endurance Test
Physical Standard Test For All Posts
As per the SSC CPO Recruitment notification, the height and chest of the candidates of candidates belonging to different categories are tabulated below:
|SSC CPO Recruitment: Physical Examination|
|Category||Height (cm)||Chest (cm)|
|Candidates belonging to hill areas||165||80||85|
|Candidates belonging to hill areas||155||–||–|
|All candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
Physical Endurance Test (PET) For All Posts
(i) For Male Candidates Only:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot Put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
(ii) For Female Candidates Only:
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances
SSC CPO Recruitment: Medical Examination
Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
Note: For right-handed candidates, the right eye is better eye and vice versa.
SSC CPO Recruitment: SSC CPO Salary
|Post’s Name||Pay Scale|
|Sub Inspector (Executive) Salary in Delhi Police||Pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-)|
|Sub-Inspector Salary in CAPFs||Pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-)|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector Salary in CISF||Pay scale of Level-5 (Rs.29200-92300)|
SSC CPO Recruitment: SSC CPO Admit Card
SSC CPO Admit Card / Hall Ticket will be issued on the official website. All the aspirants who have successfully applied for SSC CPO online application can download the SSC CPO Admit Card 2019 from the regional websites of Staff Selection Commission. Candidates can check the regions and their official websites.
SSC CPO Notification 2019-20 | Region Wise
There are mainly 9 Regional/Sub-regional Offices located in India for SSC Exams. The 9 regions along with their State Groups are given below:-
|SSC Region||Name of the State||SSC Region Link|
|NR-Northern Region||NCT of Delhi, Rajasthan & Uttarakhand||Click Here|
|NWR-North Western Region||J&K, Punjab, Haryana & Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|CR-Central Region||UP & Bihar||Click Here|
|ER-Eastern Region||WB, Jharkhand, Odisha, A&N Island & Sikkim||Click Here|
|MPR-Madhya Pradesh Region||MP & Chhattisgarh||Click Here|
|WR-Western Region||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa||Click Here|
|NER-North Eastern Region||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland & Mizoram||Click Here|
|SR-Southern Region||AP, Pondicherry & TN||Click Here|
|KKR-Karnataka Region||Karnataka and Kerala||Click Here|
SSC CPO Recruitment – Cutoff 2017-18
Based on the cut-off fixed by the Commission (Paper-I +Paper-II), category-wise details of the candidates qualifying for appearing in Medical Examination are as under:-
SSC CPO Cut Off (Paper-I + Paper-II):
For Male Candidates
|Cut off marks in Paper-I + Paper-II||217.50||230.00||271.75||204.00||293.50|
|Number of Candidates||646||343||1260||572^||2887*||5708|
For Female Candidates
|Cut off marks in Paper-I + Paper-II||161.00||140.50||192.00||264.75|
|Number of Candidates||80||48||208||616*||952|
SSC CPO is a highly competitive exam. So, in order to crack this exam, you must be well-prepared and be in a position to score as high as possible. Taking banking mock tests can help you a lot in this exam as the syllabus is more or less same. You can take the mock tests available on Embibe for free.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CPO recruitment 2019 helps you. In case you have a query regarding SSC CPO recruitment, reach us through the comment section below and we will get back to you.291 Views