SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2020: The Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC MTS 2020 Recruitment Notification anytime soon on the official website. Candidates who are planning to apply for SSC Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) Recruitment must be aware of SSC MTS Syllabus and Exam Pattern in order to crack the examination. SSC MTS Exam Pattern consists of 2 Papers followed by document verification. Those candidates who are qualified in all these three stages will be appointed as SSC MTS staff.
In this article, we will provide you with all the detailed information regarding SSC MTS Exam Pattern for both Paper 1 & Paper 2. Read on to find out everything about the new SSC Multi-Tasking Staff Exam Pattern.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
Before getting into the details of SSC MTS Syllabus & Exam Pattern, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|EXAM NAME|| |
SSC MTS 2020 (Multi Tasking Staff)
|CONDUCTED BY|| |
Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE|| |
|EXAM TYPE|| |
Central Level Recruitment Exam
|MODE OF EXAM|| |
Paper I: Online, Paper 2: Offline
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|| |
200 MCQs (Paper 1), 1 Letter/ Essay Writing (Paper 2)
4 (In Paper 1)- General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, General Awareness
|TOTAL MARKS|| |
200 (Paper 1), 50 (Paper 2)
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS|| |
Paper 1: Objective (Multiple Choice Questions), Paper 2: Descriptive (Essay/ Letter Writing)
|EXAM DURATION|| |
90 minutes (for Paper 1), 30 minutes for Paper 2
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|| |
SSC MTS Exam Pattern: SSC MTS Selection Procedure
Basically, the SSC MTS 2020 exam has three stages and the candidates who are qualified in all three stages will be appointed as SSC MTS staff under SSC. The three stages of the SSC MTS exam is listed below:
- 1st Stage: Computer Based Test (Paper 1)
- 2nd Stage: Descriptive Test (Paper 2)
- 3rd Stage: Document Verification
SSC MTS Exam Pattern For Paper 1
The SSC MTS Exam Pattern for Paper 1 is tabulated below:
|Section – A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25|
|Section – B||Numerical Aptitude||25|
|Section – C||General English||25|
|Section – D||General Awareness||25|
- a. SSC MTS Tier 1 exam will be conducted in online mode, i.e., in CBT mode.
- b. The exam duration is 90 minutes.
- c. The exam duration for visually handicapped candidates is 120 minutes.
- d. For each right answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- e. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 or 1/4th of marks will be deducted.
- f. The medium of the exam will be both in English and Hindi.
- g. Only objective type questions (MCQs) will be asked in the examination.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern For Paper 2
Those candidates who are qualified in Paper 1 (Tier 1) will be eligible to appear for Paper 2 (Tier 2) examination. The exam pattern for Paper 2 is tabulated:
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes|
Candidates who are appearing for the Tier 2 exam must write a short essay/letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution. So candidates are advised to know the format for how to write an essay and how to write a letter. Knowing the format will help candidates to ace the SSC MTS Tier 2 exam easily.
- a. Paper 2 will be conducted offline and is descriptive in nature.
- b. The duration of the exam for general candidates is 30 minutes.
- c. The duration of the exam for visually handicapped students is 40 minutes.
- d. Here the aspirants must write a short essay/ letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution.
- e. Paper 2 will only be of qualifying nature.
- f. Paper 2 is intended to test elementary language skills in view of the recategorization of the post as Group-C.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern: Document Verification
Aspirants who meet the SSC MTS Cutoff will be eligible for further stages of selection. Candidates who are qualified in both stage 1 & stage 2 will be called for document verification. Candidates must carry the following documents while appearing for document verification:
- 10th class certificates
- Proof of Identity such as Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID etc.,
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate for the Reserved Category Candidates
- Proof of Residence
- a. Photocopies of the certificates will not be accepted.
- b. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
We hope this detailed article on the SSC MTS Syllabus & Exam Pattern is helpful. If you have any doubts regarding this article or SSC MTS Exam Pattern, kindly drop your comments below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.469 Views