SSC MTS 2020-21 Notification: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the SSC Multi Taking Staff (SSC MTS) 2021 recruitment notification on the official website. SSC MTS 2021 notification is scheduled to release on February 02. Whereas, SSC MTS 2021 Exam will be conducted from 1st-20th July.
SSC Multitasking Staff (non-technical) examination is conducted every year for recruitment of personnel in General Group-C Central Service, non-ministerial and non-gazetted posts in various departments, ministries, and offices of the Government of India. In this article, we bring you all the details on SSC MTS. Go through the article to know about SSC MTS dates, eligibility, application process, exam pattern, admit card, and more.
SSC MTS 2020-21 Recruitment
Before we get into the details of the SSC MTS Recruitment, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||SSC Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Examination (SSC MTS 2020)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Vacancies||To Be Announced|
|Selection Stages||Computer Based Test (CBT), Descriptive Test & Skill Test|
|Purpose of Exam||Selection of candidates for Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Paper 1: Online (CBT)|
Paper 2: Offline (Pen & Paper Based)
As per the previous SSC exam calendar, SSC MTS 2020 Notification was scheduled to release on June 02. However, due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the release of the new notification has been delayed. As per the new SSC Exam Calendar, SSC MTS 2020-21 Notification will be released on February 02, 2021.
SSC MTS Exam Dates 2020-21
SSC has released SSC MTS notification date & exam dates in the SSC exam calendar. The complete SSC MTS exam schedule will be released along with the notification. Check the important dates from the table below:
|Release of SSC MTS Notification||February 02, 2021|
|Start of SSC MTS Online Application||February 02, 2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||March 18, 2021|
|Last date For Fee Payment||To Be Notified|
|SSC MTS Paper 1 Exam||July 01 to 20, 2021|
|SSC MTS Paper 2 Exam||To Be Notified|
SSC MTS 2020-21 Vacancies
The SSC MTS vacancies are likely to release along with the SSC MTS recruitment notification. If the vacancies are not released in the recruitment notification, it will be available at a later stage. Candidates can check the vacancy details from the SSC official website. Check the steps to get the SSC MTS vacancy list:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the tab ‘Candidate’s Corner’ and then on ‘Tentative Vacancy’ (refer to the image below).
- – 3rd Step: A new page will open. Click on the ‘Others’ tab (refer to the image below).
- – 4th Step: Click on the SSC MTS vacancy list link. The vacancy details will be displayed.
- – 5th Step: Go through and download the list for future reference.
SSC MTS Posts
SSC MTS exam is conducted for the recruitment of candidates in Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/ Union Territories. Various posts under SSC MTS recruitment are given below:
- Junior Gestetner Operator
- Safaiwala, etc.
SSC MTS Salary
Candidates selected for the post of SSC Multi Tasking Staff will be eligible for a salary in Pay Band-1 with the Basic Pay of Rs. 5200 to 20200 plus Grade Pay Rs. 1800. The total SSC MTS In Hand Salary including basic pay and allowances will be around Rs. 20,000/-. Besides the salary, selected candidates will also be eligible for other perks and benefits.
SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested to apply for SSC MTS will first have to meet the SSC MTS eligibility criteria. Check the SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria below:
Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian Citizen or any of the following categories:
- – A Subject of Nepal, or
- – A Subject of Bhutan, or
- – A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- – A Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Provided that these candidates, except Indian citizens, produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India at the time of appointment.
Age Limit: 18 to 25 Years as on 01-08-2020. This means candidates must be born not before 02-08-1995 and not later than 01-08-2002.
Besides that, there is relaxation in the upper age limit for candidates belonging to certain categories. Check the age relaxation criteria from below:
|SC/ ST||5 Years|
|PWD||10 years (Unreserved)|
13 years (OBC)
15 years (SC/ ST)
|J&K Domiciled (from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989)||5 Years|
|Widows /Divorced Women /Women who are judicially separated but not remarried||Up to 35 Years|
Up to 40 years (for SC/ ST)
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.|
Candidates must have passed the Matriculation (Class 10) examination or
the equivalent from a recognized Board.
SSC MTS Online Registration Prerequisites
Candidates will have to be ready with the following before they apply for SSC MTS 2020-21:
- A Valid Mobile Number
- An Active/Working Email ID
- Scanned Copy of Recent Passport Sized Photograph
- A Scanned Copy of the Candidate’s Signature
- Class 10 (Matriculation) Marksheet/Certificate
- Aadhaar Card Number or a Valid Government ID Card Number
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
|Scanned Copies||File Size||File Format|
|Photograph||20 KB to 50 KB||JPG/ JPEG|
|Signature||10KB to 20 KB||JPG/ JPEG|
How To Apply Online For SSC MTS 2020-21?
SSC MTS Application Process consists of three stages namely, ‘Online Registration’, ‘Filling of Application Form’, and ‘Fee Payment’. Check the process to apply online for SSC MTS below:
- – Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in
- – Click on the link ‘Register Now’ present on the right-hand side of the page (refer to the image below).
- – Enter your basic details such as ‘Name’, ‘Mobile Number’, ‘Email ID’, ‘Date of Birth’, and other necessary details. Submit the details.
- – A ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Password’ will be generated and the same will be sent to the registered Mobile Number and Email ID.
Filling of SSC MTS Application Form
- – Log in using the ‘Registration Number’/ ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’. Change your password after your first Login.
- – Fill the application form with Personal, Education, Contact, and other details.
- – Upload scanned copy of your Photograph and Signature in the prescribed formats and sizes.
- – Preview the application form and edit the details if necessary. No changes will be allowed once the application form is submitted.
- – Click on ‘Final Submit’ an OTP will be sent to the Registered Mobile Number and Email ID. Verify the OTP to submit the application.
- – Choose the fee payment option. Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at the SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan
- – Once the fee payment is successful, take a few printouts of the filled application form for future reference.
SSC MTS Application Fee
Candidates will have to pay the SSC MTS application fee to complete the application process. The application fee is non-refundable. Check the fee details below:
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ ESM & Female Candidates||No Fee|
|All Others||Rs. 100/-|
SSC MTS Selection Procedure
The SSC MTS Selection Process majorly consists of two stages namely,
- – Computer-Based Examination (Paper 1) – MCQs
- – Descriptive Test (Paper 2)
SSC will conduct the SSC MTS exam in Computer-Based Mode on different dates and shifts. The marks scored by candidates will be normalized to take care of the variations which may have occurred in different shifts. The normalized score of Paper 1 will be used to select candidates for the next stage.
SSC MTS Paper 2 exam is a descriptive exam and is qualifying in nature, However, in case of a tie, the marks scored in Paper 2 exam will be considered to select candidates. Candidates from the unreserved category will have to score 40% marks to qualify SSC MTS Paper 2. Whereas, for all the reserved category candidates, 35% marks is necessary to qualify the exam.
Based on the candidate’s performance Paper 1 and upon clearing the Paper 2 cutoff, candidates will be called for Document verification process. The Final Selection of candidates will be based on candidate’s performance in Paper 1, the preference of States/ UTs given by them in the online Application Form, and age.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
Check SSC MTS Paper 1 and Paper 2 exam pattern from the tables below:
SSC MTS Paper 1 Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
- – The total time duration to complete the test is 90 minutes.
- – One mark is awarded for every correct answer.
- – For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted
SSC MTS Paper 2 Exam Pattern
|Subject||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 Minutes|
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020
The subject-wise SSC MTS Syllabus is provided below:
SSC MTS Recruitment 2020 Syllabus – Part I – General Intelligence
Non-verbal types of questions including similarities & differences, problem-solving, decision making, non -verbal series, space visualization, visual memory, analysis judgment, arithmetical number series, discriminating observation, relationship concepts. This test will judge the candidate’s abilities to deal with the arithmetical computation of abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship and other analytical functions.
SSC MTS Recruitment 2020 Syllabus – Part II- English Language
This section is generally included just to test the candidate’s command over the English Language – vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, sentence structure, grammar & the writing ability, etc.
SSC MTS Recruitment 2020 Syllabus – Part III – Numerical Aptitude
Questions will be based on Decimals and Fractions and the relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, computation of whole numbers, number systems, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, etc.
SSC MTS Recruitment 2020 Syllabus – Part IV – General Awareness
This section is usually designed to see that how much the candidate is aware of the events around him such as questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries, Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
SSC MTS Exam Centres
Candidates will have to choose their exam center preference from the available list of exam centers. The SSC MTS region-wise exam centers are made available in the official recruitment notification. However, SSC reserves the right to add or remove the exam centers. Check the list of SSC MTS exam centers below.
|Download SSC MTS Exam Centre List PDF Here|
SSC MTS Best Books
Check the subject-wise best books for SSC MTS 2020-21 Preparation below:
|English||– Plinth to Paramount by Neetu Singh|
– Wren & Martin( for basics) by P.C Wren
|Quantitative Aptitude||– Kiran’s Quantitative Aptitude Numerical Ability |
– Magical Book On Quicker Maths by BSC Publications
|Reasoning||– Lucent Reasoning by Lucent Publications|
– Reasoning by Arihant Publications
|General Awareness||– Lucent’s Objective General Knowledge|
– G.K paperback by Dr.Binay Karna, Sanjeev Kumar and Manwendra Mukul
SSC MTS 2020-21 Admit Card
SSC MTS Admit Card will be released separately for each stage of the exam. All eligible candidates who have successfully applied for the exam can download the SSC MTS Hall Ticket. Candidates will have to enter their ‘Registration Number’ or ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ to download the admit card. The SSC MTS Admit Card will not be separately sent to any candidates by any means. Candidates will have to visit the official website and download the admit card. It is compulsory to carry SSC MTS Hall Ticket/ Admit Card on the exam day to attend the exam. Besides that, candidates will also have to carry a valid photo ID and two passport-sized photographs to the exam hall.
SSC MTS Result 2020-21
SSC MTS Result will be released as PDF on the official website. The MTS result will be announced separately for each stage of the exam. The result PDF will consist of the ‘Roll Numbers’ of the qualified candidates. Candidates will have to check their result on the official website as per the schedule released by SSC.
Frequently Asked Questions On SSC MTS
Check the frequently asked questions on SSC MTS Exam:
A. SSC MTS 2020-21 Notification will release on February 02, 2021.
A. Candidates will have to visit the SSC official website – ssc.nic.in to apply for SSC MTS. The step by step process to apply online for SSC MTS is given in this article.
A. Candidates can apply online for SSC MTS from February 02, 2021, after the online registrations are opened for SSC MTS 2020-21.
A. The SSC MTS Application Fee is Rs. 100/-. However, SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen & Female Candidates, need not pay the application fee.
A. Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 25 Years.
A. Candidates will have to be 10th Pass (Matriculation) to apply for SSC MTS.
We have now provided you with all the details on SSC MTS Recruitment 2020-21. Go through the entire details to apply online for SSC MTS 2020. Also, start with your SSC MTS Preparation. You can take free SSC MTS Mock Tests on Embibe’s OnlineTyari Platform. Taking these mock tests will help you get hands-on experience of the exam.
We hope this detailed article on SSC MTS Recruitment 2020-21 helps you. If you have any query regarding SSC MTS 2021 Recruitment, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.968 Views