TS EAMCET 2023 Eligibility: Educational Qualification & Age Limit
If you are a 10+2 student from Telangana and planning to take up TS EAMCET 2023, then don’t worry. The TS EAMCET application process will start soon, and it’s better to know the eligibility criteria before applying. Often candidates’ applications get rejected as they do not satisfy the specified requirements. The TS EAMCET application will only be approved if you fulfil the eligibility criteria and upload the specified documents during the application process.
Last year, over 1,72,241 candidates registered for the TS EAMCET Engineering stream, and 29,000 appeared for the exam in each session. TS EAMCET eligibility criteria include age limit, education qualification, nationality, reservation criteria, etc. Scroll down to go through the detailed eligibility criteria for TS EAMCET 2023.
Latest Update: – February 8, 2023: The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) has released the TS EAMCET 2023 Exam Dates on the official website.
Eligibility Criteria To Fulfill for TS EAMCET 2023
You can refer to the below table for TS EAMCET eligibility criteria. There are various requirements, such as nationality, age, qualifying exam etc., that you must meet before you start the TS EAMCET application process.
TS EAMCET Eligibility Criteria 2023
– Candidates must be Indian nationals or Persons of Indian Origin (POI) or Overseas Citizens of India Cardholders (OCIs). – Candidate should belong to the state of Telangana or Andhra Pradesh – Candidates should satisfy the local/ non-local status of Telangana or Andhra Pradesh
– Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech in all branches except B.Tech Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering or Food Technology must be 16 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission. The upper age limit is not specified. – Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering or Food Technology must be 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission. The upper age limit is 22 years. – The upper age limit for reserved category candidates seeking admission in B.Tech Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering or Food Technology is 25 years.
– Candidates must have passed or appeared in Class 12 or equivalent examination from the Board of Intermediate Education Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh. – Candidates should have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional or related vocational courses of Engineering and Technology in their 10+2 examination. – Candidates who have cleared or appeared in the diploma in Engineering conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh, will also be eligible for appearing in TS EAMCET 2023. – Candidates should have passed class 12 or its equivalent examination from a recognised institute.
Local and Non-Local Status
– Candidates who reside or study in an educational institute of Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh for at least four consecutive years up to their qualifying exam will be considered local candidates. – Candidates who do not satisfy the above TS EAMCET eligibility criteria 2023 will be considered non-local candidates. – Candidates in the OCI/ PIO category will also be treated as non-local candidates.
TS EAMCET 2023 Eligibility Marks
– There are no minimum marks for reserved category candidates for inclusion in the rank list. – Other category candidates should have their names in the rank list, and only they will be considered for admission.
The final admission process will be based only on the TS EAMCET 2023 score. The 25% weightage of intermediate marks will not be considered.
FAQs Related to TS EAMCET 2023 Eligibility
We have given the most commonly asked questions with answers about TS EAMCET eligibility criteria 2023 below:
Q: What minimum age is required for B.Tech admissions through TS EAMCET?
Ans: You must be 16 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission. The minimum age limit for agriculture, engineering, and dairy technology are 17 years as of December 31; the upper age limit is 22 years.
Q: What are the qualifying marks for TS EAMCET 2023?
Ans: Candidates who have cleared 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks and are in the rank list are eligible for TS EAMCET 2023. However, there are no minimum qualifying marks for reserved category candidates.
Q: Where can you check the TS EAMCET eligibility?
Ans: You can check the TS EAMCET eligibility criteria on the official website eamcet.tsche.ac.in.
Q: Who is a local candid as per TS EAMCET eligibility criteria 2023?
Ans: If you are a Telangana or Andhra Pradesh resident and have studied for 4 consecutive years, according to TS EAMCET eligibility criteria, you are considered a local candidate.
Q: Who conducts the TS EAMCET 2023?
Ans: The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) conducts TS EAMCET 2023.