TS EAMCET 2020 – JNTU Hyderabad on behalf of TSCHE has announced TS EAMCET 2020 exam dates. TS EAMCET 2020 will be conducted from July 6 to July 9, 2020. The last date for submission of online application form without late fee is extended up to June 10. JNTU Hyderabad has released the TS EAMCET 2020 application form on February 21.
JNTU Kakinada conducts the TS EAMCET on behalf of TSCHE for admission to various courses including engineering in Telangana state. The exam will be held in different cities of Telangana and other states as well. The state-level common entrance test will be held in a computer-based mode. Candidates who have qualified the 10+2 level examination will be eligible to appear for the examination. Candidates can check this article to know complete details on TS EAMCET 2020.
Latest – TS EAMCET 2020 application form has been extended till June 10, 2020.
TS EAMCET 2020 – Exam Overview
|Exam Name||Telangana State Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Body||JNTU Kakinada on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE)|
|Commonly known as||TS EAMCET|
|Programmes covered||B.E. and B.Tech.|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Exam mode||Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Important Dates of TS EAMCET 2020
Once the candidates decide to appear for the exam, they must be aware of the entire schedule related to the TS EAMCET 2020. Check the below TS EAMCET 2020 important dates for various examinations and admission events.
TS EAMCET 2020 Event Schedule
|Application process starts||February 21, 2020|
|Last day to apply without late fee||June 10, 2020|
|Application form correction window||June 11 to 16, 2020|
|Last day for submission of form with late fee of Rs. 500||To be notified soon|
|Last day for submission of form with late fee of Rs. 1000||To be notified soon|
|Last day for submission of form with late fee of Rs. 5000||To be notified soon|
|Last day for submission of form with late fee of Rs. 10,000||To be notified soon|
|Hall Ticket||To be notified soon|
|TS EAMCET 2020 exam day||July 6 to 9, 2020 (Announced)|
|Result Announcement||To be notified soon|
TS EAMCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Once the candidates decide to appear for the exam, they must fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the Institute for admission into BE courses. The application form is to be filled by the candidate only if they fulfill the eligibility criteria. All the non-eligible candidates filling the application form will get their candidature rejected at further stages in the admission process. The TS EAMCET 2020 eligibility criteria for admission into BE programs are mentioned below.
- Nationality: Candidates having Indian citizenship (OCI and PIO included) can appear for the exam.
- Domicile: Candidates must have a domicile of Telangana or Andhra Pradesh.
- Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidate must be 16 years as on the admission date. No upper age limit has been decided by the TSCHE for admission to engineering courses.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects. Along with Mathematics and Physics, candidates must have studied Chemistry as an optional or related vocational subject in engineering.
- OR. Candidates must have passed or appeared for the final year of Diploma examination in engineering.
TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form
TSCHE has released the online application form for TS EAMCET 2020 on February 21, 2020. Candidates are required to add multiple details in the TS EAMCET application form, thus, candidates must be ready with all the details and documents at the time of application form fillup. The official website of TSCHE will host the TS EAMCET 2020 application form. Filling the online application form includes the following steps.
- Visit the official website- eamcet.tsche.ac.in
- Pay the registration fee
- Fill online application form including multiple details
- Upload scanned copies of documents including photograph and signature
- Print the confirmation page
TS EAMCET Application Fee 2020
Candidates filling the application form are required to pay the application fee as the initial step of the application process. The candidates do not get the registration details generated before the payment of the application fee. Thus, this is the main step including filling the application form. The TS EAMCET application fee is different for different categories of candidates. Check the registration fee below:
|Engineering||SC/ST & PH||400|
|Agriculture & Medical||SC/ST & PH||400|
|Both Engineering and Agriculture & Medical||SC/ST & PH||800|
TS EAMCET Exam Centres 2020
The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) has set multiple exam centres in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh state. Candidates need to appear at the allotted exam centre on the examination day. As the initial step in the examination, candidates are required to fill the application form. The application form holds a place for the candidate to choose the exam centre. Check the table below and know the list of exam centres for TS EAMCET.
While filling the application form , candidates are required to choose a test zone. Candidates will be allotted the exam centre within the test zone only. TSCHE has the right to add or delete any number of test zones as notified in the official information booklet.
TS EAMCET Admit Card 2020
Once the application form of the candidates is submitted, the successful applicants will be issued the hall ticket for TS EAMCET 2020 in online mode. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website by entering the login credentials including the application form number and the date of birth.
The admit card is to be printed by the candidate, this printed copy must be carried at the examination centre on the examination day. The officials will verify the identity of the candidate using the admit card. If the candidate is unable to produce the hall ticket on the day of the examination, they will be denied entry to the examination hall.
TS EAMCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Being a state-level entrance exam, TS EAMCET receives a large number of applications every year. Candidates are required to keep the preparation for the exam strong in order to qualify the exam. Qualifying the exam requires the candidates to follow the correct guidance. Some of the tips from the experts in this area are mentioned here. Check the important tips for the TS EAMCET preparation 2020 here:
- Know the details: Candidates starting with the TS EAMCET preparation must strive to know the details of the examination, such as exam pattern and syllabus. Check the details and proceed further in the preparation.
- Make a plan: After the candidates make themselves aware of the details of the exam, they must make a plan to prepare for the exam. Candidates must plan according to the topics included in the syllabus and weightage of the same. The plan for preparation may vary from person to person.
- Gather the study material: Candidates must research and look for the appropriate study material they will require to qualify the exam. The study material must include important books recommended by experts.
- Start with the studying: Once the candidate has the plan and study material they must start with the studies. Use the study material according to the plan in order to complete the syllabus well before the exam date.
- Create short notes: Candidates must cover all the topics and have notes for all the topics. Short notes will be helpful in the last minute revision.
- Practice mock test and past year question paper: Candidates must prepare from the past year question paper, this will help in understanding the important topics of the exam.
- Stay Healthy: During the preparation process, candidates must eat healthy and drink plenty of water in order to stay fit.
- Revision: Candidates must use the short notes they prepared for the revision. Check the syllabus and start with the revision. Checking the syllabus while revision will ensure that the candidate does not miss any topic.
Recommended Books to Prepare for TS EAMCET 2020
For the purpose of qualifying this competitive level exam – TS EAMCET, candidates must have better preparation for all the topics included in the syllabus. In order to cover all the topics, candidates must have the proper study material. Here is a list of best-recommended books by faculty and toppers from last year.
Books for Physics preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Class 11th and 12th NCERT Physics Part I||NCERT|
|Class 11th and 12th NCERT Physics Part II||NCERT|
|Concepts of Physics||H. C Verma|
|Understanding Physics Series||D.C Pandey|
Books for Chemistry preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Class 12th NCERT Chemistry Part I||NCERT|
|Class 12th NCERT Chemistry Part II||NCERT|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Ranjit Shahi|
Books for Mathematics preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Class 12th NCERT Mathematics Part I||NCERT|
|Class 12th NCERT Mathematics Part II||NCERT|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D. Sharma|
All in one book for TS EAMCET preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|EAMCET Engineering 19 Years Solved Papers||Arihant Experts|
|EAMCET Test Papers (Engineering)||Vikram Editorial Board|
TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Once the candidates make the decision to appear for the test, they must know the details of the examination. Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern to understand the test structure of the exam before they appear for the exam. Candidates can check the points below to know the TS EAMCET exam pattern.
- Mode of Examination: Computer-based test (CBT)
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (Objective type)
- Medium: English and Telugu OR English and Urdu
- Number of Sections: 3
- Duration: Three hours
- Number of Question: 160
- Maximum marks: 160
- Marking Scheme: correct response yields 1 marks, no negative marking in TS EAMCET
Distribution of Questions: Questions in the examination among all the sections are distributed as mentioned below:
Section-wise distribution of Questions
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
TS EAMCET Syllabus 2020
Along with the exam pattern, details of the exam include the syllabus for TS EAMCET as well. Candidates need to prepare according to the syllabus prescribed by TSCHE. The entrance exam is divided into three sections out of which two sections (Physics and Chemistry) have lesser weightage as compared to the third one (Maths). Candidates can check the syllabus for all the three sections, that is, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
Syllabus for Part I – Physics
|1. Physical World|
|2. Units and Measurements|
|3. Motion in a straight line|
|4. Motion in a plane|
|5. Laws of Motion|
|6. Work, Energy, and Power|
|7. Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion|
|8. Oscillations, etc.|
Syllabus for Part II – Chemistry
|1. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties|
|2. Atomic Structure|
|3. Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure|
|4. States of Matters – Gases and Liquids|
|7. Chemical Equilibrium and Acids-Bases|
|8. Hydrogen and its Compounds|
Syllabus for Mathematics section
|3. Vector Algebra|
|4. Probability, etc.|
TS EAMCET Result 2020
Telangana State Council of Higher Education will release the TS EAMCET 2020 result on the official website (eamcet.tsche.ac.in). Candidates can check the result using the login window made available as per the schedule. The hall ticket number and the date of birth act as the login credentials to check the result. The result will comprise of the scores of the candidate in all the three sections. After the release of the result, TSCHE will prepare a rank list containing normalised marks in TS EAMCET and 25% of the 10+2 score. Candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of the ranks secured.
Tie-Breaking Criteria – If in case two candidates come on the instance of same ranks, candidates will be allotted ranks as per the following hierarchy.
- Candidate having a greater value of normalised marks will be placed higher.
- If the tie persists, more value of normalised marks in mathematics will be given a good rank position
- The normalized marks secured in Physics in TS EAMCET 2020 will be given the preference if the tie persists.
- More aggregate marks in qualifying examination will be given the preference.
- At last, if the tie still persists, the older candidates will be given the preference over the younger candidate.
TS EAMCET 2020 Cutoff
Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) will release the cutoff after the completion of counselling. TS EAMCET cutoff 2020 is the minimum marks or closing rank within which admission will be allotted in B.Tech course in all participating colleges. Check previous year cutoff below:
To Check TS EAMCET Cutoff 2019 – Click here
TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling and Seat Allotment
After the release of the rank list, JNTU will initiate the counselling and the seat allotment process in the participating institutes. The official website hosts the TS EAMCET counselling and seat allotment process. Candidates need to pay an amount as the counselling fee. Afterwards, the candidate is called for the document verification process and locking of seats in the participating colleges. Candidates need to bring original documents along with photocopies to get them verified by the officials. Candidates can check the list of documents to be verified below.
- Rank card of TS EAMCET
- TS EAMCET hall ticket
- Aadhar card
- 10+2 marks memo
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate
- Residence certificate
Candidates who do not get their documents verified will not be eligible for admission, irrespective of the score of the candidate in the TS EAMCET
TS EAMCET 2020 FAQs
Every year candidates come across various queries regarding the Engineering Architecture Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET). Here are some of the frequently asked questions regarding TS EAMCET.
Q1. Who conducts the TS EAMCET?
A1. TS EAMCET is conducted by JNTU on the behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education.
Q2. What is the mode for TS EAMCET?
A2. Telanga State EAMCET will be conducted in a computer-based mode only.
Q3. Is TS EAMCET difficult as compared to JEE Main?
A3. No, TS EAMCET is easier as compared to JEE Main, however, TS EAMCET is also a competitive examination. Thus, candidates must prepare for the exam well.
Q4. How is the allotment of TS EAMCET exam centre done?
A4. Candidates need to choose the test zone while filling the application form, exam centre will be allotted within the test zone chosen by the candidate.
Q5. Is there any negative marking in TS EAMCET?
A5. No, The test has no negative marking for incorrect responses marked by the candidate.
Q6. What if I have forgotten to bring the TS EAMCET hall ticket at the exam centre?
A6. Candidates will be denied to enter in the examination hall if they forget to bring the hall ticket on the examination day.
This is the complete guide for TS EAMCET. For any query or doubt, get in touch with us. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the article, feel free to reach out to us using the comment box.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on TS EAMCET 2020.205 Views