TS EAMCET Exam Pattern 2020 – The Telangana State Council of Higher Education prescribes the exam pattern for TS EAMCET 2020. Candidates need to know the exam pattern before they appear for the exam. Candidates who know the TS EAMCET 2020 exam pattern will be able to make a good preparation strategy. This will help in qualifying the TS EAMCET exam with a good score.
TS EAMCET exam pattern 2020 includes multiple elements which include mode of the exam, medium, sections in the exam, number of questions, marking scheme, etc. Check here complete details on TS EAMCET paper pattern 2020 including details on all the variables of the same.
To Check the examination day guidelines released by authority for TS EAMCET 2020 – Click here
TS EAMCET Exam Pattern 2020 – Overview
Candidates taking the test are required to know the exam pattern before appearing for the TS EAMCET 2020 exam. Knowing the TS EAMCET test pattern will help the candidate to know the test structure of the exam before they appear for the same. Candidates can refer to the information in the table below to get an overview of the exam pattern-
TS EAMCET Exam Pattern
|Name of Exam||Telangana State Engineering Agriculture Medical Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||TS EAMCET|
|Level of Examination||State Level|
|Number of Shifts||Two|
|Number of Sections||Three – Physics, Chemistry, Maths
|Medium of exam||English and Telugu OR English and Urdu|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|Type of Question||Objective Type (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Number of Questions||160|
TS EAMCET 2020 Marking Scheme
TSCHE follows a specific scheme of marking in the TS EAMCET. Each correct response marked by candidates will yield one mark. If the candidates mark incorrect responses, no marks are awarded or deducted.
Thus, there is no negative marking for incorrect responses marked by the candidate. Also, there is no negative marking for the unattempted questions. The TS EAMCET marking scheme is shown in the table below:
TS EAMCET Marking Scheme
|Correct response||1 mark is awarded|
|Incorrect response||No marks awarded or deducted|
|Unattempted question||No marks awarded or deducted|
TS EAMCET Exam Pattern 2020 – Highlights
The Telangana State Council of Higher Education has specified various factors in detail for TS EAMCET. All the information has been covered in detail and has been mentioned below.
- Mode of Examination: TS EAMCET 2020 will be a computer based test. Candidates must practice the online mock tests available over the official website of TS EAMCET (eamcet.tsche.ac.in)
- Number of Shifts: TS EAMCET 2020 will be conducted within two shifts in one day. Engineering exam will be conducted for three days. Every day will have two shifts. Candidates will be allotted the shift and exam date by the official conducting body.
- Number of sections: Candidates appearing for TS EAMCET 2020 must know that there are 3 sections in which they need to prepare. The sections which are required to be studied by the candidate are as follows:
- Medium of the exam: Candidates can choose the medium of the exam while filling the TS EAMCET application form. Either the candidates will choose English and Telugu or English and Urdu. If there is any query in the translation of the bilingual exam, the English context will be considered.
- Duration of exam: Questions in TS EAMCET are to be answered within 180 minutes in total. All the three sections are to be completed within the time duration of 180 minutes or three hours.
- Type of Question: The Telangana State Council of Higher Education will use the objective type answering format for answering in TS EAMCET. The objective type is also known as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Every question will have four options out of which one option is correct. Candidates need to choose the correct option out of all the four options available.
- Number of Questions: TS EAMCET 2020 has a total of 160 MCQ’s that are to be answered within the specified duration. Candidates can check the distribution of questions within each section below:
Section-wise distribution of questions
|Sections||Number of Question|
TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus
Telangana State Council of Higher Education has released the syllabus for TS EAMCET 2020 along with the release of the official information booklet. The TS EAMCET syllabus is divided within three sections which comprises multiple topics within these sections. Topics from class 12th standard Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are included in the syllabus.
TS EAMCET Exam Pattern 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It is common for any candidate to have questions in their mind pertaining to TS EAMCET paper pattern. So, here are a few frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the exam pattern and their answers:
Q1. Does TS EAMCET have negative marking?
A. No. TS EAMCET has no negative marking for any incorrect response or unattempted questions.
Q. How many marks should we get in TS EAMCET? What is the pass marks in EAMCET?
A. TS EAMCET is conducted for a total of 160 marks. Physics and Chemistry carry 40 marks each while Mathematics carries 80 marks. Candidates should obtain at least the minimum qualifying marks in order to get through the examination. The qualifying percentage for TS EAMCET CBT is 25%, i.e. 40 out of 160.
Q. Are the three sections of TS EAMCET separately timed?
A. No, the three sections are not separately timed. The total time duration for all three subjects is 180 minutes.
We hope that this information on TS EAMCET Paper Pattern has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on TS EAMCET Exam Pattern 2020.306 Views