VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020: The basic eligibility criteria to apply for VITEEE 2020 is 10+2 with 60% marks in PCM from any board (NIOS included). Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) prescribes the eligibility criteria of VITEEE 2020 on the official website. VITEEE eligibility criteria 2020 include requirements based on age, nationality, educational qualification, minimum marks requirement and subject eligibility.
Candidates who wish to appear for VITEEE 2020 are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying in order to avoid rejections at a later stage. Only those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be able to fill the VITEEE application form. Through this article, we will provide you with detailed eligibility details for VITEEE 2020 admissions. These include Age Limit, Nationality, Educational Qualifications and more.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020: Highlights
|Name of the exam||VITEEE|
|Exam conducting body||Vellore Institute of Technology|
Minimum Marks Requirement
|Exam Dates||29th July to 2nd August 2020|
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria: Detailed Information
Candidates willing to appear for VITEEE entrance exam will have to fulfill the required eligibility criteria. Check below for more information.
- Candidates who wish to apply for VITEEE 2020 must be born on or after July 1, 1998. Only those candidates will be eligible to apply. Also, the date of birth mentioned in the class 10th/SSC/High School certificate will only be considered by the authorities.
- Candidates are required to produce the same documents as proof of age during counselling.
- Only those candidates can apply for VITEEE 2020, who are resident/Non-Resident Indian National/PIO
- Also, those who are studying abroad can apply through foreign category. For those candidates, a separate application form has been made available
- Candidates who are appearing/appeared in 10+2/HSC from the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE)
- Also, those candidates who have appeared for any pre-University examination or intermediate by a recognized board or university can apply for VITEEE
- Those who have high school certification from Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva or
- Students possessing General Certificate of Education (GCE) from Cambridge/London/Sri Lanka with an advanced “A” level or
- Aspirants from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) can also apply for the entrance exam
- Candidates who have completed full time, regular and formal education will be eligible for VITEEE 2020
Minimum Marks Required
- Candidates applying for VITEEE 2020, are required to obtain a minimum of 60% in 10+2 will only be eligible to apply for VITEEE entrance test.
- Also, candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to secure 50% marks in 10+2.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020: Subject Eligibility
For B.Tech Programmes – Those candidates who have opted for Physics, Chemistry, English, Aptitude and Mathematics (MPCEA) for VITEEE 2020 are eligible for all B.Tech courses
For Bio Programmes – Candidates who have opted for Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English, Aptitude (BPCEA) in VITEEE 2020 are eligible for the Bio stream programmes given below:
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Biotechnology (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication with a specialisation in Biomedical Engineering (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Bio-engineering (VIT-Bhopal)
Candidates must note that after joining the college, candidates will have to take Mathematics as a bridge course (as it is mandatory).
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE Admission 2020
Only those candidates who have qualified in the entrance exam will be eligible for the counselling and admission procedure. As per their merit ranks, the candidates will be called for the counselling procedure along with the required documents. Candidates getting the course and campus of their choice will be eligible to take admission by paying the required admission fees.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020: Important Points
- In case a candidate does not meet VITEEE 2020 eligibility criteria at any later stage then their candidature will be cancelled immediately.
- For all the B.Tech courses, candidates must have Mathematics along with Physics and Chemistry in 10+2 whereas, those who are willing to opt for Bio stream must have Biology along with Chemistry and Physics in class 12th
- All the candidates willing to apply must have scored at least 60% marks in their class 12th in order to be eligible for VITEEE.
VITEEE Application Form 2020
The exam conducting body has released the VITEEE 2020 Application Form online as well as offline mode on September 27, 2019. The last date to apply has been extended until further notice. Candidates willing to apply for the exam are required to check the eligibility criteria of VITEEE 2020. To fill the application form of the entrance exam candidates will have to follow these steps – registration, fill in the detailed application form, payment of fees, uploading of image and final submission of the application form.
VITEEE Eligibility: Exam Centre
The VITEEE is scheduled to be conducted from 29th July 2020 (Wednesday) to 2nd August 2020 (Sunday). As per the Institute, the entrance exam will be conducted at 119 cities and all the rules and guidelines regarding social distancing issued by the government will be followed. As of the respective centres, the date, time, and venue will be mentioned on the admit cards of the aspirants.
Frequently Asked Questions On VITEEE 2020 Eligibility
Below we have provided some FAQs that aspirants generally search:
Ans: More than 2 lakh students took VITEEE exam in 2019. For this year almost the same number is expected. The exam will be of 2 hours 30 minutes & will be held Indian, Dubai, Muscat, Qatar, and Kuwait.
Ans: Candidates born on or after 1 July 1998 are eligible.
Ans: No. The institute only takes admission through VITEEE only.
Ans: The Class 12th board marks are only considered for eligibility. The admission to various programmes is done through the marks scored by the candidates in VITEEE
Ans: If a student fails to obtain 60% marks in PCM he/she will not be able to get admission into any of the VIT campuses.
Ans: Yes, you are eligible.
Ans: A candidate must score a minimum of 60% marks in Class 12 in the requested subjects to apply for VITEEE.
That was all the information on VITEEE Eligibility 2020. We hope that this information helps you. You can also check the VITEEE 2020 eligibility criteria from the below link.
If you have any query mention them in the comments section and we will get back at the earliest.261 Views