KEAM Notification 2020: Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), will be conducting the KEAM 2020 exam on 16th July 2020 in two sessions. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the exams were postponed to July. The CEE has released the KEAM Admit Card on its official website. Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical is a state-level common entrance exam conducted for admission to engineering and other courses in various government and private colleges in the state.
The entrance exam will be conducted in an offline mode for admission into B.Tech programme in the institutes available in the state of Kerala. Read on to know everything about KEAM 2020, including the eligibility criteria, application form, answer key, exam dates, result, counselling etc.
KEAM Notification 2020
Before getting into the details of Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical exam 2020, lets us first have an overview of the exam:
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala|
|Commonly known as||KEAM|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of papers||2|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes each paper|
KEAM Important Dates
Candidates must be aware of the entire schedule related to KEAM so as not to miss any important deadlines. The table below depicts the KEAM important dates 2020:
|Release of official Notification||31st January 2020|
|Starting Date of Application Form||1st February 2020|
|Last Date of Submission of Application||25th May 2020|
|Facility to change Exam Centre||20th to 27th June 2020|
|Release of KEAM Admit Card||7th July 2020 (Released)|
|KEAM Exam Date||Paper-1: 16th July (10 am to 12.30 pm)|
Paper-2: 16th July (2.30 pm to 5 pm)
|Release of Answer Key||To Be Announced|
|KEAM Result Declaration||To Be Announced|
|KEAM Counselling||To Be Announced|
KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2020
Once the candidates decide to appear for the KEAM, they must fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down by the Institute for admission into BE courses. The application form should be filled by the candidate only if they fulfil the eligibility criteria. All the non-eligible candidates filling the application form will get their candidature rejected at further stages in the admission process. The KEAM 2020 eligibility criteria for admission into BE programmes are mentioned below:
|Nationality||The candidate must be an Indian National, or Persons of Indian Origin / Overseas Citizen of India (PIO/OCI)|
|Nativity||Candidates must be of one of three categories: |
1. Domicile: The candidate must be a Keralite. Children of All India Services Officers have also considered for this category provided their parents are posted in Kerala cadre and they have the necessary proofs.
2. Non-Keralite (Category-1): The candidate must have been staying in Kerala for at least 5 years for education purposes. Children of Non-Keralite parents working in defence or as a Government of India who studied their Class 12 in Kerala also come under this category.
3. Non-Keralite (Category-2): All other candidates, who do not belong to either of the two categories mentioned above, fall under this category.
|Qualifying Exam||Candidates must have passed or appeared 12th Class board exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from a recognized board.|
|Marks in Qualifying Exam||Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 45 per cent in PCM subjects. Physics and Maths are compulsory subjects & Chemistry is an optional one.|
KEAM Notification | KEAM Application Form 2020
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can fill the KEAM 2020 application form. The KEAM application form was made available in online mode on the official website.
Candidates who do not pay the application fee will not be issued the KEAM admit card. Thus, the payment of application fee is a mandatory step in order to get the application form marked as complete. The steps to fill the online application form for KEAM 2020 is mentioned below.
1st Step: Registration & Filling the Application Form
- Visit the official website – cee.kerala.gov.in. Click on the link provided for the “KEAM 2020 Online Application”.
- Candidates will have to register by providing the following details, Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail Address, and Password.
- After the registration process, click on the “Process To Fill Application” button.
2nd Step: Filling the Application Form
- Now, the candidates need to fill other details of the application form includes Basic, Academic, and Communication Details.
- Click on the “Save & Proceed” button.
3rd Step: Payment of Application Fee
The required fee can be paid through online mode only (credit card/debit card/ net banking or 3-challan).
KEAM 2020 Application Fee
4th Step: Upload Scanned Images
Candidates need to upload images of photo and signature in the JPG/JPEG or PDF format.
- Photograph – 150 pixels x 200 pixels (15 – 100 KB)
- Signature – 150 pixels x 100 pixels (10 – 100 KB)
- Documents – 10 – 500 KB
5th Step: Take Hardcopy of the Confirmation Page
After the final submission of the application form, take a printout of the confirmation page.
KEAM Exam Centres 2020
While filling the application form, candidates need to select the preference of the KEAM 2020 exam city. The exam will be conducted in various test venues situated in all the districts of Kerala and Delhi, Mumbai, and Dubai.
Candidates need to report at the allotted test centre only. The exam centre allotted to the candidate will be displayed in the KEAM admit card. CEE will allocate a test centre in Dubai as well. Candidates can check the list of KEAM 2020 exam centres from the below table:
KEAM 2020 Exam Centres
|Exam Centre||Centre Code|
Candidates will not be able to change the exam centre after the final allotment of the exam centre is done. Thus, the candidates must fill the exam centre preferences in the application form keeping all the factors in mind.
KEAM 2020 Admit Card
Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala has released the KEAM admit card on July 7, 2020, for all the candidates who have filled the application form. Candidates can download the KEAM admit card from the official website of CEE – cee.kerala.gov.in. The application number and password are required to download the KEAM Admit Card. The admit card consists of details such as exam centre address, personal details of the candidate, exam related details, signature and photograph of the candidate. All the candidates must carry a printed copy of the admit card to the exam hall.
KEAM Exam Pattern 2020
Once the candidate decides to appear for the KEAM 2020, they must start the preparation for the exam. Being a competitive level exam, candidates must keep their preparation strong. The preparation should start with a careful study of exam pattern. Candidates can check the KEAM exam pattern below:
- The exam is conducted in offline mode.
- It has two papers. Paper 1 consists of Physics and Chemistry.
- Paper 2 is for Mathematics.
- The number of questions in each paper and the maximum marks is tabulated below:
|Papers||No. of Questions/Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 – Physics and Chemistry||120/480||150 minutes|
|Paper 2 – Mathematics||120/480||150 minutes|
NOTE: As you can see, each question in KEAM carries 4 marks. There is a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer. The questions of KEAM are of MCQ type.
KEAM Preparation Tips 2020
Candidates must start with the exam preparation at the earliest as the exam is around the corner. Being a competitive level exam candidates must start with the KEAM 2020 preparation as soon as the decision to appear is made. Given are some of the tips to prepare for KEAM 2020:
- Know the Exam Pattern: As the initial step of the KEAM preparation candidates must be aware of the pattern/marking schedule of the examination. Knowing the KEAM syllabus is a crucial part of your exam preparation.
- Make a plan: After having the complete knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus, aspirants can plan according to their capability in each of the topics included in the syllabus considering the weightage of every section. The preparation strategy for the exam will be different for every test taker, as every candidate will face difficulty in different topics.
- Study material: After the aspirants have a plan and know the syllabus, they must accumulate the best KEAM books for the studying part in the preparation process.
- Studying: Candidates must make a preparation plan/ strategy as per the syllabus and paper pattern. Make sure all the topics are covered in the syllabus.
- Creation of short notes: While preparing for the exam, candidates must make notes for every topic they study. Creating short notes will help in a quick revision.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Once the syllabus is completed the next step must be to practice the KEAM previous year papers. The previous year question papers will help the candidates in knowing the paper pattern and important topics for the exam.
- Revision: As the last step of the KEAM 2020 preparation, candidates are advised to revise each and every topic which they have studied. Revision will help in remembering whatever you have studied.
Best Books For KEAM 2020 Preparation
Candidates must have proper study material to study for KEAM 2020. The study material includes books recommended by faculty and previous year toppers. The list of the best books for KEAM 2020 preparation is mentioned below:
KEAM Books For Physics Preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick, and Walker|
|Concept of Physics Volume 1 & 2||HC Verma|
|Objective Physics||Arihant Publications|
|Understanding Physics Series||D.C Pandey|
KEAM Books For Chemistry Preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Class 12th NCERT Chemistry Part I||NCERT|
|Class 12th NCERT Chemistry Part II||NCERT|
|Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Ranjit Shahi|
KEAM Books For Mathematics Preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Class 12th NCERT Mathematics Part I||NCERT|
|Class 12th NCERT Mathematics Part II||NCERT|
|Complete Mathematics||MC Graw Hills|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D. Sharma|
All in One Book For KEAM Preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Engineering Entrance Question Bank 2019 for JEE and Kerala||AC Martin|
|15 Year’s Solved Papers Kerala CEE Engineering Entrance Exam||Arihant Experts|
KEAM syllabus is based on the Higher Secondary syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The detailed syllabus is as under:
KEAM 2020 Syllabus: Physics
The syllabus for Physics is mentioned below:
|1||Introduction and Measurement|
|2||Description of Motion in One Dimension|
|3||Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions|
|4||Laws of Motion|
|5||Work, Energy and Power|
|6||The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Rotation|
|8||Mechanics of Solids and Fluids|
|9||Heat and Thermodynamics|
|14||Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism|
|15||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current|
|17||Optics – Ray & Wave|
|18||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations|
|20||Solids and Semiconductor Devices|
|21||Principles of Communications|
KEAM 2020 Syllabus: Chemistry
The syllabus for Chemistry is given below:
|1||Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure|
|2||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|3||States of Matter|
|4||Periodic Properties of Elements and Hydrogen|
|5||S-Block Elements and Principles of Metallurgy|
|7||D-Block and F-Block Elements|
|11||Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry|
|14||Coordination Compounds and Organometallics|
|15||Basic Principles, Purification, and Characterization of Organic Compounds|
|17||Organic Reaction Mechanism|
|19||Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Halogens|
|20||Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen|
|21||Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Nitrogen|
|22||Polymers and Biomolecules|
|23||Environmental Chemistry and Chemistry in Everyday Life|
KEAM 2020 Syllabus: Mathematics
Below given is the syllabus for Mathematics:
|1||Sets, Relations, and Functions|
|4||Sequences and Series|
|5||Permutations and Combinations|
|6||Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction|
|7||Matrices and Determinants|
|9||Mathematical Logic and Boolean Algebra|
|10||Trigonometric Functions and Inverse Trigonometric Functions|
|11||Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates|
|12||Lines and Family of Lines|
|13||Circles and Family of Circles|
|17||Statistics and Probability|
|18||Functions, Limits, and Continuity|
|20||Application of Derivatives|
KEAM 2020 Answer Key
All aspirants who are not satisfied with the Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical answer key released by CEE can challenge it. The KEAM answer key can be challenged only in the prescribed period decided by authorities. Please note that no entries will be entertained after that.
To challenge the answer key, a candidate has to either send the entries via post or deposit it to the CEE Trivandrum office. Rs. 100 demand draft has to be sent along with all the supporting documents to challenge it.
Considering the objections by the candidate, necessary changes will be made by the officials. The answer key with revised answers will be released, this is called the final answer key for KEAM. Officials will use the final answer key and the marking scheme to evaluate the KEAM score.
KEAM Result 2020
Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala will release the Result over the official website. Candidates can check the result in online mode only. KEAM result is expected to be declared by the last week of July 2020 (Tentatively). Aspirants can check their KEAM Engineering Entrance Exam result by logging in with their Application Number and Password. Aspirants who score the minimum qualifying marks as specified by CEE Kerala will qualify and their names will be included in the KEAM rank list 2020.
Candidates will have to submit the 10+2 score also. A rank list will be prepared considering the score in KEAM and 10+2 score. Candidates will be allotted ranks and based on these ranks candidates will be called for counselling rounds.
Tie-breaking Criteria for KEAM Rank List Preparation
- Candidates scoring higher marks in the mathematics paper of KEAM 2020 will be placed higher in the rank list.
- If the tie still persists, candidates with higher marks in the physics section of the paper I of KEAM 2020 will be allotted a higher rank.
- Candidates with higher standardized marks in mathematics in the qualifying exam will be placed at a better rank if the tie still persists.
- Candidates with higher standardized marks in physics in the qualifying exam will be placed at a better rank if the tie still persists.
- Lastly, if the tie isn’t resolved, the candidate whose date of birth is older will be placed higher in the rank list.
KEAM Cutoff 2020
The Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Government Of Kerala will release the Cutoff on the official website in PDF. Candidates who clear the KEAM cutoff as specified by the officials will be eligible to participate in KEAM Counselling 2020. The KEAM 2020 cutoff will be prepared by the officials in the form ranks/marks keeping various factors in mind.
The cutoff will vary based on the institute, course and the candidate’s category. The expected cutoff of KEAM for General category is 50% whereas for other categories like SC/ST/SEBC is 40%. In this article, we will provide you with all the detailed information regarding KEAM Cutoff 2020. Read on to know more.
KEAM 2020 Counselling
Candidates who have been selected as per the merit list have to appear for the KEAM counselling process. The counselling is done in online mode. CEE will conduct online centralized counselling for allotment of seats. Counselling is conducted in multiple rounds. Candidates are required to fill the online choices of colleges and courses. Seats will be allotted to candidates based on the scores and choices filled by them. Allotment results for admission through KEAM will be displayed in online mode over the official website of CEE.
KEAM Participating Institutes 2020
Candidates appearing for KEAM can get admission into government and private institutes in the state of Kerala. During the counselling process, candidates need to make a choice regarding courses and colleges. Candidates can check the list of government institutes below.
- Government Engineering College, Idukki
- Government Engineering College, Kozhikode
- Government College of Engineering, Kannur
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam
- Government Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad
- Government Engineering College, Thrissur
- Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Trivandrum
- College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government Engineering College, Wayanad
- Mar Athanasius College of Engineering
- N.S.S. College of Engineering, Palakkad
- T.K.M. College of Engineering
- Kelappaji College of Agril. Engineering & Technology, Tavanur, Malappuram
- College of Dairy Science & Technology, Mannuthy, Thrissur
- College of Dairy Science & Technology, Wayanad
- College of Dairy Science & Technology, Vithura, Trivandrum
- College of Food Technology
- College of Engineering, Adoor
- College of Engineering, Attingal
- College of Engineering, Cherthala
- College of Engineering, Kottarakkara
- College of Engineering, Chengannur
- College of Engineering Karunagappally
- Model Engineering College
- College of Engineering, Poonjar
- College of Engineering, Kallooppara
- LBS College of Engineering, Kasaragod
- LBS Institute of Technology for Women
- College of Engineering, Kidangoor
- College of Engineering, Perumon, Kollam
- College of Engineering & Management, Punnapra, Alappuzha
- College of Engineering, Trikaripur, Kasaragod
- College of Engineering, Thalassery, Kannur
- Co-operative Institute of Technology, Vatakara, Kozhikode
- College of Engineering, Pathanapuram, Kollam
- College of Engineering, Aranmula
- Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering
- University College of Engineering, Thodupuzha, Idukki
- University College of Engineering, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram
- Calicut University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Tenhipalam, Malappuram
- College of Engineering, Munnar, Idukki
KEAM 2020 – FAQs
Below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding the KEAM 2020 exam:
A1. KEAM is conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examination, (CEE) Kerala.
A2. No, the application form of KEAM is available in online mode only.
A3. No, KEAM is easier as compared to JEE Main, as JEE Main is accepted by nationwide institutes, whereas, KEAM is only accepted by the institutes of Kerala state.
A4. KEAM is conducted in offline mode. An OMR sheet will be used to mark the answers in the exam.
A5. Yes, KEAM has negative marking for incorrect responses marked by the candidate. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. However, no marks will be deducted for the unattempted questions.
A6. CEE sets the question paper of KEAM with a standard that of higher secondary examination or equivalent examination.
We hope this article on KEAM 2020 Notification helps you. If you have any feedback or query, feel free to post it in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.171 Views