MHT CET Counselling: MHT CET 2021 counselling schedule has not yet released by the conducting body for admission to engineering and pharmacy courses in various colleges of Maharashtra. The official are yet to announce the counselling dates for MH CET 2021. You can keep visiting the official website to get latest updates on MH CET counselling and result dates.
Maharashtra CET counselling process includes steps like registration, fee payment, choice filling, seat allotment, and document verification. It is a Centralized Counselling Process (CAP) for B.Tech admissions. The seat allotment of MHT CET 2021 will be based purely on merit and preferences of the candidates. The MHT CET exam opens a doorway for admission into different educational programs such as Engineering, Pharmacy, and others in various colleges of Maharashtra. Candidates who have cleared the exam can participate in the Maharashtra CET counselling process to secure admission into the participating colleges. Continue reading this article to know all the important details about MHT CET counselling 2021.
MHT CET Counselling 2021
Check out the important dates related to the Maharashtra CET Counselling for Engineering:
|Online Registration, Documents Upload||To be announced|
|Verification of Documents and Confirmation of Application form||To be announced|
|Display of Provisional Merit List||To be announced|
|Submission of Objections on Provisional Merit List (if any)||To be announced|
|Display of Final Merit List||To be announced|
|Display of Provisional Category wise Seats for CAP Round 1||To be announced|
|CAP Round 1 – Online Submission & Confirmation of Option Entry||To be announced|
|Provisional Allotment – Round 1||To be announced|
|Accepting Seat||To be announced|
|Reporting to Allotted Seat and Fee Payment||To be announced|
|Display of vacant seats for CAP Round 2||To be announced|
|CAP Round 2 – Online Submission & Confirmation of Option Entry||To be announced|
|Provisional Allotment – Round 2||To be announced|
|Accepting Seat||To be announced|
|Reporting at Allotted Institute & Fee Payment||To be announced|
|Admission for Vacant Seats (if any)||To be announced|
|Commencement of Academic Activities for All Institutes||To be announced|
|Cut-off Date for all type of Admissions for the Academic Year 2020-21||To be announced|
|For Institutes: Last date of uploading the data (details of admitted candidates)||To be announced|
MHT CET 2021 Counselling Procedure
Candidates can refer to the step-by-step procedure of the Maharashtra CET 2021 counselling mentioned in this section. The counselling process comprises the following steps:
|(2) Document Upload|
|(3) Choice Filling|
|(4) Seat Allotment|
|(5) Final Admission|
How To Register for MHT CET Counselling 2021?
Candidates who have not registered earlier can follow the below-mentioned steps to register afresh for the Maharashtra CET Counselling:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of MHT CET – mahacet.org.
- – 2nd Step: Click on “New Registration”.
- – 3rd Step: Select Yes or No for “Have you Appeared for MHT-CET 2021?”.
- – 4th Step: Enter your personal details such as Full Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Religion, Region, Mother Tongue, Annual Family Income and Nationality, etc.
- – 5th Step: In the next step, enter your communication details like Address, State, District, Taluka, Village, Pin Code, Mobile Number, and Email ID.
- – 6th Step: Now enter your password details and security pin and then click on the “Save & Proceed” button.
- – 7th Step: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number; enter the OTP received and click on the “Verify OTP” button.
- – 8th Step: An Application ID will be sent to the candidates on completing the online registration form. This application number/user ID must be saved as it will be needed throughout the counselling process.
Steps To Be Followed After MHT CET 2021 Counselling Registration
After the registration, candidates must now log in and continue with the remaining steps of the counselling process:
- 1st Step: After registering online, candidates must now enter their “Application ID” and “Password” generated at the time of registration and click on the “Sign In” button.
- 2nd Step: In this step, candidates must choose the type of candidature. Click on the linked text to check the Candidature Types.
- 3rd Step: – Select the candidate category and social category. Then click on the “Save & Proceed” button.
- 4th Step: In case of any parallel reservation other than social category, the same must be selected here.
- 5th Step: Now enter your educational qualification details.
- 6th Step: Click on Yes or No, if you have passed the JEE (Main) Paper-1. If Yes, then mention the seat number, month and year of the exam, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and the total marks. Lastly, click on the “Save & Proceed” button.
- 7th Step: Upload your photograph by following the given instructions, then click on the “Save & Proceed” option.
- 8th Step: Enter all the documents and academic marks for the information filled in the above 7 stages. Then click on the “Upload” button and click on the “Save & Proceed” button.
- 9th Step: Finally, click on the “Proceed To Payment” button to pay the admission fee (candidates can pay the application fee through debit card, credit card, net banking, wallet, UPI or QR code).
- 10th Step: In the last step, a copy of the application is sent to the candidate and online application will be sent for e-scrutiny.
Application Locking Process in MHT CET 2021 Counselling
To lock the application, candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- 1st Step: To send the application for online e-scrutiny, first enter the login account password and click on the “Verify Password button”.
- 2nd Step: An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP received and click on the “Verify OTP” button. If you do not receive OTP on your mobile, click on “Retry on Call” button.
- 3rd Step: Now, the candidate will have a copy of the application sent for e-scrutiny.
- 4th Step: After sending the application for e-scrutiny, if the candidate wants to make any changes in the application, click on the “Unlock Application Form” link on the left side of the dashboard and enter the login password. The Scrutiny-Officer may change the original application before taking the application for e-Scrutiny. However, the application of the candidate will be locked after the scrutiny officer takes the application for e-screening and in such a case no change can be made by the candidate till the scrutiny is completed.
- 5th Step: Candidates can check the status of the application once the scrutiny officer takes the application of the candidates for the scrutiny process.
- 6th Step: If the scrutiny-officer identifies any error in the application, candidates can change the information filled by clicking on the “Click To Edit” link on the login dashboard (the officer also has the right to cancel the documents and certificates).
- 7th Step: If the candidate wants to make any change in the application after scrutiny of the application, the candidate can file an e-grievance by selecting the reason for the change in the application.
Documents Required for MHT CET Counselling 2021
The following documents are essential to proceed further with the counselling process:
- Print out of MHT CET 2021 Counselling Registration Form
- MHT CET 2021 Score Card
- MHT CET 2021 Admit Card
- Category Certificate (if required)
- Class 10 and 12 Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Domicile Certificate (if required)
Other Documents/Certificates (If Required)
- Constitutional Reservation Claim
- Caste Certificate
- Caste Validity Certificate (CVC)
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (For VJ/DT (V), NT (C), NT (D), NT (M), SBC & OBC)
- Specified Reservation Claim
- Defense Category Claim
- Person With Disability Claim (PH)
- MKB Claim (Maharashtra-Karnataka Disputed Border Area)
- HA Claim (Hilly Area)
- Hyderabad/Goa Liberation
- Freedom Fighter
- National Cadet Corps
Specifications Of Scanned Images For MHT CET Counselling
While uploading the scanned images, candidates must make sure of the following specifications:
|Photograph||File Size: 4 KB to 100 KB|
File Dimensions: 3.5cm x 4.5cm
|Signature||File Size: 1 KB to 30 KB|
File Dimensions: 3.5cm x 1.5cm
Note: There is no counselling fee for the MHT CET 2021 qualified candidates. The seat allotment of MHT CET 2021 will be based purely on merit and preference of the candidates.
What Is Choice Filling In MHT CET 2021 Counselling?
Candidates will have to fill their choices by selecting the names of institutes and courses in the order of their preference. They should fill as many choices as possible to keep their admission chances high. The choice filling will be open for every round. Candidates should also double-check their choices of preferences because once the deadline gets over, options can’t be changed.
MHT CET Counselling 2021: Seat Allotment
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will conduct the MHT CET 2021 seat allotment through a Centralized Admission Process (CAP) in three rounds. Candidates will be able to check their allotted seat in MHT CET 2021 by logging in with the required credentials. In case a candidate is allotted a seat, then he/she will have to download their allotment letter and report to the center to select their preferred option (freeze, float or slide) for the seat allotted. Candidates will have to confirm their allotted seat at the institute if they feel satisfied. The authorities will allot seats on the basis of candidates’ merit, choice filling, and availability.
Publication Of MHT CET Merit List 2021
The authorities will publish the provisional and final MHT CET merit list which will consist of the names of shortlisted candidates. The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of merit list released and choices filled by the candidates.
Note: The exam authority will conduct the CAP Round II and CAP Round III depending on the vacant seats available.
MHT CET 2021 Jurisdiction Of Universities
Candidates can check the Jurisdiction of Universities and Name of Districts tabulated below:
|Name of the University||Districts Under the Jurisdiction of University|
|North Maharashtra University||Nandurbar|
|Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University||Applicable for all districts in Maharashtra|
|SNDT Women’s University||Applicable for all districts in Maharashtra|
|Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University||Osmanabad|
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFWS) Under MHT CET 2021
The Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme refers to the one launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Under the TFWS scheme, the exam authority reserves 5% of seats in engineering/pharmacy courses offered by various colleges. The TFWS is applicable only for institutes where 30% of seats are filled through the Centralized Admission Process (CAP). Candidates from the Maharashtra Candidature category are eligible to register for courses under TFWS. In order to be eligible for this scheme, candidates must note that their parent’s annual income must be less than Rs. 8 Lakh.
MHT CET 2021 Reservation Criteria
Candidates belonging to Maharashtra state are eligible for reservation. These reservations are applicable for MHT CET 2021 Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The division of seats across various categories is tabulated below:
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
Important Points Regarding MHT CET 2021 Counselling
Here are the important points related to the counselling process:
|(1) JEE Main will acquire only 15% of all India Quota seats.|
|(2) The rest 85% of seats will be acquired by the MHT CET 2021.|
|(3) The conducting authority will check the MHT CET eligibility and documents of the selected candidates.|
|(4) Candidates will be invited for admission by the authority after successful verification of eligibility and documents.|
|(5) Applicants are supposed to enter colleges and courses in the decreasing order of preference during Choice-Filling.|
|(6) The authorities will conduct the entire process through a Centralised Counselling Process (CAP).|
|(7) The seats to be filled through CAP are – Minority Quota Seats, All India Candidature Seats, Maharashtra State Candidature Seats and Supernumerary Seats for Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidature.|
Frequently Asked Questions On MHT CET Counselling 2021
Some of the most commonly asked questions on Maharashtra CET Counselling are:
Ans: MHT CET 2021 counselling is conducting in online mode through the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) which includes registration, verification of documents, choice filling, allotment of seats, etc.
Ans: The counselling is conducting in online mode.
Ans: There is no update on counselling dates by the official authorities yet.
Ans: Candidates who have qualified in the MHT CET 2021 exam are eligible to participate in the counselling process.
With this detailed information on Maharashtra CET Counselling process, we at Embibe hope you do not miss out on the great opportunity of getting a seat through MHT CET.
If you have any questions related to MHT CET Counselling 2021, feel free to drop down your queries in the comment section below and we will surely help you out.1716 Views