GCET Eligibility 2023: Education Qualification and Age Limit
What are the requirements for GCET eligibility, and what happens if you do not meet them? The GCET eligibility requirements are merely a list of prerequisites that candidates must meet to apply for the GCET. Before applying for GCET 2023, candidates must familiarise themselves with the eligibility requirements. The eligibility criteria for applying include age restriction, nationality, educational qualification, reservation policy, etc.
Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria to avoid rejecting their GCET 2023 application form. We have mentioned the complete eligibility criteria to help you apply for the exam.
– GCET 2023 exam will be conducted from May 13 to 14, 2023.
GCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa, sets the requirements for GCET 2023. All applicants must carefully review their GCET eligibility before registering for the GCET exam in 2023. The Goa Common Entrance Test is administered to Goa students by the Directorate of Technical Education.
Candidates may apply for GCET 2023, which gives admission to the first year of various professional degree courses if they meet the requirements for eligibility. This article also includes information about the GCET qualifying marks.
Following are the complete eligibility criteria for candidates applying for GCET 2023 Examination:
GCET Eligibility 2023 for B.Sc. Nursing
Before applying, candidates can check out the GCET Eligibility 2023 for B.Sc. Nursing below:
- The applicant must have passed their 10+2 intermediate exam or a comparable exam from a recognised board. The NEET score is required for students applying for medical or dental courses.
- General candidates must have at least 45% aggregate marks, and SC, ST, or OBC candidates need a minimum of 40% aggregate marks.
- The applicants must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or English as a required discipline.
- To be eligible for admission into a degree programme in Medicine, candidates must be 17 or older by the end of the academic year.
GCET Eligibility 2023 for B.Tech Courses
Before applying, candidates can check out the GCET Eligibility 2023 for B.Tech below:
- To be eligible for B.Tech courses, the applicant must have passed their higher secondary exam from a recognised board.
- General candidates must have at least a 45% qualifying exam score, and SC, ST, or OBC need a minimum of 40%.
- To meet the criteria, the candidates must take any one of Biology, Chemistry, or Biotechnology, as well as Physics and Mathematics as required disciplines.
- There is no upper age limit for applicants in engineering programmes.
GCET Eligibility 2023 for B.Arch
Before applying, candidates can check out the GCET Eligibility 2023 for B.Arch below:
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 intermediate exam or an equivalent test from a recognised board. Their NATA scorecard is also required.
- To qualify for B.Arch admission, General candidates must have at least a 50% qualifying exam score, and SC, ST, or OBC candidates need a minimum of 45%.
- Candidates who are taking the final annual exams in 2023 can also apply.
- There is no upper age limit for applicants in architecture programmes.
GCET Domicile Eligibility 2023
Candidates can read the Domicile eligibility criteria for GCET below:
- If NRIs, OCIs, or PIOs do not possess a citizenship or domicile certificate, they cannot apply for the GCET.
- The candidate must be a citizen of Goa state and should not fall under the NRI, OCI, or PIO categories. The candidate must have spent 10 years residing in the state.
- Candidates have to submit a residential certificate while completing the GCET application form. Consequently, the candidate must have a residential certificate.
- Indian citizens who do not reside in India but hold an Indian passport can apply for the NRI-reserved seats. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) is a must for admission to seats under the NRI Category.
GCET Reservation Eligibility 2023
Candidates can read the reservation eligibility criteria for GCET below:
- Candidates claiming seats in the SC, ST, or OBC reserved categories must present their caste certificate in the required format from the competent authority.
- The application will count into General Category if the necessary certificate is missing.
GCET Eligibility for Kashmiri Migrants 2023
Candidates can read the eligibility criteria for Kashmiri Migrants below:
- For Kashmiri migrants, candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination, or an equivalent exam, with English, Physics, and Mathematics as required subjects, as well as one of the following subjects: Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, or Biology.
- Candidates must also have received a minimum percentile of 45% in Physics and Mathematics and one of the following subjects: Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, or Biology.
FAQs on GCET Eligibility 2023
Read some of the most frequently asked questions about GCET Eligibility 2023 below:
Q: What subjects will I have to study for GCET 2023?
Ans: All GCET 2023 aspirants must study Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Q: What kinds of study material can I use for the GCET exam?
Ans: You can use reference books, previous year’s question papers, study notes and Embibe’s mock tests, online lectures, and videos.
Q: Are Embibe’s study materials free for all?
Ans: Yes, our study material is free for all students.
Q: What are the steps to access Embibe’s study material?
Ans: The necessary steps to access our free study material are listed in this article. Please read the article for details.
Q: Which book do you recommend for GCET Physics?
Ans: The best books for GCET Physics are: Concepts of Physics (Part I & II) by HC Verma, Understanding Physics Electricity & Magnetism for JEE Main and Advanced by DC Pandey and GCET Preparatory Series for Physics by Rajhauns Publications.
We hope this detailed article on the GCET Eligibility 2023 helps you prepare for the GCET Entrance exam in the best way possible.
Stay tuned to Embibe for the latest updates on GCET 2023!