GCET 2021: The Goa CET 2021 Result has been declared on August 03, 2021, along with the answer key. The result 2021 is available in PDF format on the official website dte.goa.gov.in. Goa CET 2021 exam was conducted on July 29 and 30, 2021. Candidates who applied on or before the application form deadline are eligible to appear for the examination. GCET is known to offer 1300 B.Tech seats to deserving candidates. GCET will be conducted in pen, and paper-based tests and the candidates will have to answer the questions to qualify for the admission process. Follow the article below for more info on the dates, application process, eligibility, exam pattern, and more.
GCET 2021 Highlights
|Name of the examination||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa|
|Category of the exam||Undergraduate|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Exam duration||2 hours for each paper|
|GCET Official website||dte.goa.gov.in and goacet. in|
GCET 2021 Notification: Important Dates
To sit for GCET 2021, you need to be aware of the GCET 2021 exam dates and important dates related to the examination:
|Release of official revised notification||June 21, 2021|
|GCET 2021 online application form release||June 21, 2021|
|Last date for submitting the online application form and downloading of admit card||June 30, 2021|
|GCET 2021 exam date||July 29 & 30, 2021|
|Release of answer key||August 03, 2021|
|GCET result date||August 03, 2021|
|Display of Eligibility List||To be notified|
|Last date for compliance with deficiencies in GCET based eligibility list||To be notified|
|Display of Provisional Merit List||To be notified|
|Release of Final Merit List||To be notified|
|1st Round of Counselling/Admission to Engineering courses||To be notified|
|2nd Round of Counselling/Admission to Engg. courses||To be notified|
GCET 2021 Notification: Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who wish to apply for the GCET 2021 should meet the eligibility criteria laid down by the exam body. Below is the detailed eligibility criteria:
1. Age Limit
Applicants of any age can apply for GCET 2021. There is no age limit for this examination.
2. Academic Qualification
- Applicants should have qualified the HSSC examination of the Goa board or any other examination conducted by CBSE or any equivalent exam.
- They should have studied Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects and any one of the following subjects- Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology/Chemistry.
- Applicants should have obtained a minimum of 45% in the above subjects and minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC applicants is 40%.
Applicants should be of Indian nationality. Applicants who belong to the NRI category will be considered for admission under the NRI seats [/Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) applicants will also be eligible for this category).
GCET 2021 Notification: Seats Intake & Reservation
Let have a look at the GCET seat intake and reservation details below:
GCET 2021: Seats Intake
|Institution||Course & Code||Seats|
|GEC, Farmagudi||B.E (Information Technology) & ITG||75+4*+11(4)^|
|P.C.C.E, Verna||B.E (Information Technology) & ITP||75# +4*|
|R.I.E.I.T., Shiroda.||B.E (Information Technology) & ITR||75#+4*|
|GEC, Farmagudi||B.E. (Computer) & COG||75+4*+11(4)^|
|P.C.C.E Verna||B.E. (Computer) & COP||75# +4*|
|R.I.E.I.T, Shiroda.||B.E. (Computer) & COR||75# +4*|
|DBCE, Fatorda||B.E. (Computer) 7 COD||75# +4*|
|AITD, Assagao||B.E. (Computer) & COA||75# +4*|
|GEC, Farmagudi||B.E. (Electronics & Telecom.) & ETG||75+4*+11(4)^|
|P.C.C.E.., Verna||B.E. (Electronics & Telecom.) & ETP||75# +4*|
|R.I.E.I.T., Shiroda.||B.E. (Electronics & Telecom.) & ETR||75# +4*|
|DBCE, Fatorda||B.E. (Electronics & Telecom.) & ETD||75# +4*|
|AITD, Assagao||B.E.(Electronics & Communi.) & ECA||75# +4*|
|GEC, Farmagudi||B.E. (Electrical & Electronics) & EEG||75+4*+11(4)^|
|GEC, Farmagudi||B.E. (Mechanical) & MEG||75+4*+11(4)^|
|P.C.C.E., Verna||B.E. (Mechanical) & MEP||75# +4*|
|DBCE, Fatorda||B.E. (Mechanical) & MED||150# +8*|
|AITD, Assagao||B.E. (Mechanical) & MEA||75# +4*|
|R.I.E.I.T., Shiroda.||B.E. (Mechanical) & MER||75# +4*|
|GEC, Farmagudi, Ponda||B.E. (Civil) & CIV||75+4*+11(4)^|
|DBCE, Fatorda||B.E. (Civil) & CID||75#+4*|
- # – Reserved for Management Quota, admission for which shall be done at Institution.
- * – Seats under AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme Supernumerary Quota.
- ^ – Supernumerary Quota of 15% of the Sanctioned Intake for admissions of Foreign Nationals/PIO/Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries, with figures within brackets indicating seats reserved for Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries.
GCET 2021: Reservation Details
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Ex-Defense Service Personnel||1%|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
|Grandparent/Parent from Goa||2%|
|Central and State Personnel||3%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||On the supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
GCET 2021: Participating Institutes
Institutes participating in GCET 2021 are as follows:
- Don Bosco College of Engineering, Fatorda
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering (PCCE), Verna
- Agnel Institute of Technology & Design (AITD)
- Goa Engineering College, Farmagudi (GEC)
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engineering & Information Technology (RIEIT), Goa
How to Apply for GCET 2021?
Candidates should download, print, and submit the GCET 2021 application form online before the deadline. Follow the steps to apply for GCET 2021 to avoid any mistakes:
- 1st Step: Visit the official website of GCET 2021- goacet.in
- 2nd Step: Go to the “Register” tab.
- 3rd Step: Now, register through a valid email ID and create a password.
- 4th Step: Verify the email ID by clicking on the verification link sent to the registered email address.
- 5th Step: Log in to GCET 2021 application account, and follow the instructions to fill the form and upload a photo and signature.
- 6th Step: Choose the subject options (PCM OR PC) as per your course.
- 7th Step: Click and proceed to pay the GCET application fee online of Rs. 2000.
- 8th Step: After successful payment, select the exam centre and submit the form.
- 9th Step: Download and print the GCET admit card.
GCET 2021: Subject Code
The subject codes to be entered in the GCET 2021 application form is as follows:
GCET 2021: Exam Centres
Candidates need to choose their centre by writing the centre code and name. Below are the exam centres for candidates to opt for taking the examination:
|Tiswadi Cujira (Bambolim)||10||Dhempe Higher Secondary School of Arts & Science|
|Panaji||11||Goa College of Pharmacy|
|Verna||12||Fr. Agnel Multipurpose Higher Secondary School|
|Navelim||13||Rosary College / Higher Secondary of Arts & Commerce|
|Vasco||14||Deep Vihar High School|
|Mapusa||15||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School|
|Ponda- 1||16||A.J. De Almeida High School|
|Ponda (Farmagudi)||17||G.V Ms Smt N.J Aguiar Higher Secondary School|
|Bicholim||18||Shantadurga High School|
|Curchorem||19||Govt. Polytechnic, Curchorem|
|Porvorim||20||Vidya Prabodhini Higher Secondary School|
|Assagao||21||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School|
|Sanquelim||22||Govt. Higher Secondary School|
|Cuncolim||23||Maria Bambina Higher Secondary School|
|Dharbandora||24||BBSS, Vishweshwar Shankar Laad Higher Secondary School|
Note: It is to be noted that additional centres may be notified as per requirement.
GCET 2021: Exam Pattern
GCET 2021 will be a pen and paper-based examination. The exam comprises three sections and will consist of MCQs. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. Below is the detailed exam pattern for GCET 2021:
|Section||No. of questions / Maximum marks||Date & Time Duration|
|Physics||75/75||June 27, 2021 (2 hours – 10 am to 12 pm)|
|Chemistry||75/75||June 27, 2021 (2 hours – 2 pm to 4 pm)|
|Mathematics||75/75||June 28, 2021 (2 hours – 10 am to 12 pm)|
GCET 2021: Syllabus
GCET 2021 consists of each section of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Below are the important topics for all the sections:
- Current electricity
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Electronic devices
- Atoms and nuclei
- Communication systems
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Surface chemistry
- Chemical chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- P- block elements
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Coordination compounds
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Relations and functions
- Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
- Linear programming
GCET 2021: Admit Card
- The admit card for GCET 2021 will be made available online mode only. i.e., from June 30, 2021, onwards. Candidates can get their GCET hall ticket from DTE Goa.
- The admit card will be generated to the applicants as soon as they submit their application form online.
- It is advisable for the candidates to check their admit card for any discrepancies.
- Candidates will not be allowed to take the examination without the admit card.
GCET 2021: Answer Key
The authorities of DTE Goa has released the GCET official answer key on 03 August 2021. Every correct answer to the questions asked in GCET 2021 will be made available in the answer key. With the help of the answer key, candidates will predict their scores before the announcement of results. The answer key is released to provide transparency to the marking system of the exam body.
GCET 2021: Result
GCET result is announced online by DTE, Goa. The GCET result 2021 has been released on August 03, 2021, on dte.goa.gov.in. Candidates can check the subject-wise scores secured by them alongside their registration number. The scorecard will be released in PDF format. Candidates can press the Control+F key to check their roll number on the scorecard.
GCET 2021: Counselling
The first round of GCET Counselling will begin soon. To register for the counselling process, candidates need to submit the counselling form online on the DTE website. They will then be provided with an acknowledgement card. The counselling will comprise three rounds, and the allotment will be done based on the candidate’s score, preferences, and availability of seats. The verification of documents will be done by the authorities at the time of counselling.
GCET 2021: Contact Information
Chairman, Admission Committee, Directorate of Technical Education, Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa- 403521 & Phone- 0832- 2416370
About GCET Exam
GCET 2021 is known for its competitive nature; hence, aspirants must prepare for this exam zealously. Though the exam is some months away, they should start practising and taking mock tests. Practising arduously will drive aspirants towards achieving their desired targets. As the examination has similar topics to JEE Main, applicants can Practice JEE Main Question Paper to understand their preparation level. They can also take the JEE Main Mock Test to evaluate their preparation further.
FAQs- GCET 2021
Q1: When the GCET application form will be made available?
Ans: The Goa Combined Entrance Test (GCET 2021) application is available online on goacet. in. Candidates can fill the form from June 21 to 30, 2021.
Q2: What is the mode of the GCET 2021 registration process?
Ans: Candidates can register for GCET 2021 only through online mode by visiting the GCET 2021 official website.
Q3: What is the last date to submit GCET 2021 application form?
Ans: The last date to apply online for GCET 2021 is June 30, 2021.
Q4: What are the courses offered through the GCET exam?
Ans: Engineering and Pharmacy courses are offered through the GCET exam. MBBS, BDS, and BAMS admissions are made based on NEET scores.
Q5: What is the mode of payment for the GCET application fee?
Ans: GCET application fee amount is Rs. 2000; it has to be paid online.
If you have any issue with this article on GCET 2021, let us know about it in the comment section below, and we will get back to you soon.1032 Views