IBPS Clerk Notification 2019: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the IBPS Clerk 2019 notification PDF on September 12. A total of 12075 vacancies has been released to select candidates for the clerical cadre in multiple public sector banks across the country. IBPS Clerk Recruitment Notification 2019 (CRP Clerks-IX) has been released on the IBPS official website: ibps.in to recruit eligible candidates for the post of IBPS Clerk. The IBPS Online registration is ongoing and the last date to apply online is October 9, 2019. However, candidates will have to first check the eligibility and other essential details before IBPS Clerk apply online.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims exam is set to be held on 7th, 8th, 14th, and 21st December 2019 and the Main exam on 19th January 2020. IBPS Clerk Recruitment will be made on merit based on the cumulative scores of both the preliminary exam and the mains exam. No interview process is involved in the recruitment process. For more information regarding IBPS Clerk Notification 2019, check out the article below.
The IBPS Clerk Prelims exam is around the corner. Thus take IBPS Clerk All India Test to know where you stand with the present level of IBPS Clerk Preparation.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019
Before getting into the details of IBPS Clerk Notification 2019, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Stages||2 (Prelims and Mains)|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks|
|Level of Difficulty (Prelims)||Easy-Moderate|
|Level of Difficulty (Mains)||Moderate-Difficult|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019: Important Dates
Check the IBPS Clerk Important dates from the table below. (Few of the dates are tentative and officials will release the final dates soon)
|IBPS Clerk Notification – Online Registration and Payment of Fees Starts||17th September|
Online Registration and Payment of Fess Ends
9th October 2019
Call Letter Release for Pre Examination Training
Pre Examination Training
25th to 30th November 2019
Release of Call Letter for IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam
IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam
7th, 8th, 14th and 21st December 2019
IBPS Clerk Prelims Result Declaration
December 2019 / January 2020
|Release of Call Letter for IBPS Clerk Main Exam||January 2020|
IBPS Clerk Main Exam
19th January 2020
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
IBPS Clerk State-Wise Vacancies 2019
Check the IBPS Clerk state-wise vacancy from the table below:
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||14|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||4|
|Daman & Diu||2|
|Jammu & Kashmir||63|
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019: IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet all the IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria listed below. It is, therefore, very important that you check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
Nationality: A candidate must be either:
- 1. a Citizen of India or
- 2. a subject of Nepal or
- 3. a subject of Bhutan or
- 4. a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- 5. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (2), (3), (4) & (5) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit: Candidates born on or after 2nd September 1991 but not later than 1st September 1999 (both dates inclusive) can apply for the exam. That is the minimum age of the candidate should be 20 years and maximum of 28 years. However, there is a relaxation of upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories:
- 1. SC / ST – 5 years
- 2. OBC-NCL – 3 years
- 3. PwD – 10 years
Educational Qualification: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline (or have an equivalent degree) from a recognized University.
Computer Literacy: Candidates must be proficient with using computers and have a Certificate / Diploma / Degree in Computer Operations / Language or have studied Computer as one of the subjects in High School or College.
Language Requirement: Candidates must be able to read, write and speak in the official language of the State / Union Territory they apply for.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019: IBPS Clerk Application Form
IBPS Clerk application form will be made available on the official website of IBPS on 17th September 2019. Candidates can apply for the exam only in the online mode.
Before applying for the exam, candidates must keep the scanned copies of the following documents ready:
- Recent passport sized color photograph (4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) of the candidate in JPEG format; the size should be 20 to 50 kb whereas the dimension should be 200 x 230 pixels.
- Signature with a black ink pen on white paper
- Left Thumb Impression with blue or black ink on white paper
- Hand-Written Declaration written in English with black ink on white paper
Signature, Left Thumb Impression and Hand-Written Declaration should in JPEG format of size between 10 to 20 kb, 20 KB – 50 KB and 50 KB – 100 KB respectively
How To Apply For IBPS Clerk 2019?
Follow the steps as under to apply for IBPS Clerk 2019:
- Step 1: Logon to the official website of IBPS – ibps.in.
- Step 2: Click on the link provided to apply for “CRP Clerks – IX”.
- Step 3: Click on “Click Here to Apply Online”.
- Step 4: Click on “Click Here for New Registration”.
- Step 5: Enter your basic information, like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and Mobile Number to register yourself.
- Step 6: A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated after you have submitted your basic information. Note them down.
- Step 7: The same will also be sent to you via your registered email ID and phone number.
- Step 8: Login with your Provisional Registration Number and Password, and edit the particulars if necessary.
- Step 9: Enter your Personal, Academic and other details.
- Step 10: Upload scanned copies of your Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression, and the hand-written declaration.
- Step 11: Make payment of IBPS Clerk 2019 application form fees.
- Step 12: Click on “Submit”.
- Step 13: Take a printout of your IBPS Clerk Online application form 2019 for future reference.
IBPS Clerk Application Fees
The fees for different categories are tabulated below:
|SC / ST/ PwD / Ex-Serviceman Candidates||Rs 100|
|All Others||Rs 600|
The fees can be paid only in the online mode through Credit /Debit cards and Net Banking.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019: IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
IBPS Clerk exam is conducted in two phases, namely, Preliminary and Main. The prelims are conducted only to shortlist candidates for the Mains exam. Final selection is based on a candidate’s performance in the Mains examination.
The IBPS Clerk exam pattern for the Preliminary examination has undergone a minor change from last year – the different sections of the IBPS Clerk Prelims exam will be separately timed from this year which was not the case before. The pattern of the Main exam remains the same as before.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern For Prelims
The preliminary examination will have three sections. The number of questions and marking scheme for each section are tabulated below:
|Sections||No. of Questions/Maximum Marks|
The duration for the IBPS Clerk prelims exam is 1 hour wherein each section is assigned 20 minutes.
Candidates must clear the cut off for each section as well as the overall cutoff in order to appear for the Main exam.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for Mains
The total number of questions, as well as the maximum marks for IBPS Clerk Main exam, are as under:
|Sections||No. of Questions/ Maximum Marks|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50/60|
Each of these sections has been separately timed, which means there is separate time allotted for each section and candidates must finish off each of these sections within the allotted time.
- General / Financial Awareness – 35 mins
- General English – 35 minutes
- Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude – 45 mins
- Quantitative Aptitude – 45 mins
- The total time duration is 160 mins.
- Note that there is negative marking 0.25 marks allotted to a question for wrong answer in both Prelims and Mains.
- Except the test of English Language, all the sections will be available in English and Hindi.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019 – IBPS Clerk Syllabus
The IBPS Clerk Prelims Syllabus is tabulated below:
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability|
|Reading Comprehension||Number Series||Puzzle and Arrangements|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Inequality|
|Spotting Errors||Data Interpretation||Coding – Decoding|
|Sentence Improvement||Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations|
|Fill in the Blanks||Miscellaneous||Direction Sense|
|Order and Ranking|
The IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus is tabulated below:
|Computer Network & Security||Banking and Insurance Awareness|
|MS Office and Short cut keys||Current Affairs|
|Computer Memory, Computer Software||Financial Awareness|
|Number System and Conversions||Govt. Schemes and Policies|
|History and Generation of Computers||Static Awareness|
|Computer Languages, Basics of DBMS|
|Introduction to Computer Organisation|
|Computer Hardware and I/O Devices|
|Operating System, Internet|
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019: IBPS Clerk Admit Card
IBPS Clerk Admit card/ call letter/ hall ticket will be released separately for Prelims and Mains. Candidates will have to log in with their Registration Number/Roll Number and Password/Date of Birth generated at the time of registration to download the IBPS Clerk admit card. It is to be noted that the IBPS Clerk Admit Card will not be sent individually to anyone and candidate must visit the official website in order to download the IBPS Clerk Admit Card. Generally, the IBPS Clerk Admit Card for Prelims as well as for Mains will be released 10 to 15 days prior to the examination.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019: IBPS Clerk Cut off
The Common Recruitment Process for clerical examination (CWE Clerks VIII) for the post of clerks comprises of 2 distinct stages. Hence the IBPS Clerk cut off is also declared for all the 2 stages –
- IBPS Clerk cut off for prelims
- IBPS Clerk cut off for mains
Each of the stages has two different types of cutoff marks – sectional IBPS Clerk cutoff and overall IBPS clerk cutoff.
The final merit after result declaration will be based on the marks secured by the candidate in the IBPS Clerk Mains exam. Having said that, the preliminary stage is also significant because that is where the initial screening takes place.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019: Which Banks Comes Under IBPS?
Central Bank of India
Bank of Baroda
Bank of India
Bank of Maharashtra
Indian Overseas Bank
Oriental Bank of Commerce
Union Bank of India
|Punjab National Bank||United Bank of India|
Punjab & Sind Bank
IBPS Clerk Notification : IBPS Clerk Salary 2019
The initial Basic Pay for IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765. The IBPS Clerk pay scale is: 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230/1310-1-31540.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2019 FAQs:
Q: What is the salary of an IBPS Clerk?
A: As per the expected IBPS Clerk notification, the basic salary of an IBPS Clerk is Rs. 11765/- with the gross salary being Rs. 19472.22/- or Rs. 19589.87/- depending on the HRA which depends on location.
Q: What is the exact job profile of an IBPS Clerk?
A: The main characteristic of a bank clerk’s job profile is that he/she is the first point of contact for inquiries and guidance. IBPS clerk job profile entails the following main duties:
- a) They are responsible for deposit and withdrawal of cash by the customers. Along with that clerk also undertakes the receipt of cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
- b) They deliver checkbooks subject to authorization by competent Authorities.
- c) They issue cash receipt and ESI Stamps.
However, with the digitization age, these days the job profile is mostly related to working on a computer and entering the day to day transactions and other necessary information served to the customers. Please refer to the IBPS Clerk Recruitment notification PDF for details.
Q: Is there any negative marking this year?
A: In both prelims and mains as per IBPS Clerk Notification 2019, for every wrong answer, a candidate will lose one-fourth or 25 percent of the mark assigned to that question. However, there is no negative marking for questions not attempted.
Q: Is there any percentage criteria in IBPS Clerk Notification 2019?
A: There is no percentage criteria defined as per by IBPS Clerk Notification. A candidate needs to be just graduate to be eligible to apply for the IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2019.
Q: How many attempts are there for IBPS Clerk Exam?
A: A candidate can give the IBPS Clerk exam as many times as required.
Now that you know everything about IBPS Clerk Notification exam 2019, you shouldn’t waste a day. If you are a serious banking aspirant, you should start your IBPS Clerk preparation right away. Go through the IBPS Clerk syllabus for each stage and section and start with understanding the underlying theory behind the concepts. Develop reading habits as well.
Practice as many IBPS Clerk practice questions as possible and master each and every topic. Then take IBPS Clerk Mock Tests once the entire syllabus is over. Analyze how you have performed and then improve on your weak areas.
We hope this detailed article on IBPS Clerk Notification 2019 helps you. If you have any query regarding IBPS Clerk Notification, feel free to ping us. You can also drop a comment below. We will definitely get back to you.