IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the IBPS Clerk notification 2020 PDF on September 1, 2020. Around 1500 tentative vacancies have been released for the clerical cadre in multiple public sector banks across the country. IBPS Clerk Recruitment Notification 2020 has been released on the IBPS official website: ibps.in. The IBPS Online registration starts from September 2, 2020 and the last date to apply online is September 23, 2020. However, candidates must first check the eligibility and other essential details before applying online.
Latest Update: IBPS Clerk 2020 Notification Out – Click Here
IBPS Clerk 2020 Prelims exam will be held on 5th, 12th and 13th December 2020 and the Main exam will be conducted on 24th January 2021. IBPS Clerk Recruitment will be facilitated based on the scores of the Main exam only. No interview process is involved in the recruitment process. For more information regarding IBPS Clerk Notification 2020, check out the article below.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020
Before getting into the details of IBPS Clerk Notification 2020, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Stages||2 (Prelims and Mains)|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks|
|Level of Difficulty (Prelims)||Easy-Moderate|
|Level of Difficulty (Mains)||Moderate-Difficult|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: Important Dates
Check the IBPS Clerk Important dates from the table below.
|IBPS Clerk Notification – Online Registration and Payment of Fees Starts||2nd September 2020|
|Online Registration and Payment of Fess Ends||23rd September 2020|
|Call Letter Release for Pre Examination Training||17th November 2020|
|Pre Examination Training||23rd to 28th November 2020|
|Release of Call Letter for IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam||18th November 2020|
|IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam||5th, 12th and 13th December 2020|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Result Declaration||31st December, 2020|
|Release of Call Letter for IBPS Clerk Main Exam||12th January 2021|
|IBPS Clerk Main Exam||24th January 2020|
|Provisional Allotment||01st April 2020|
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet all the IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria listed below. It is, therefore, very important that you check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
Nationality: A candidate must be either:
- 1. a Citizen of India or
- 2. a subject of Nepal or
- 3. a subject of Bhutan or
- 4. a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- 5. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (2), (3), (4) & (5) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit: Candidates born on or after 2nd September 1992 but not later than 1st September 2000 (both dates inclusive) can apply for the exam. This means the minimum age of the candidate should be 20 years and the maximum age 28 years. However, there is a relaxation of upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories:
- 1. SC / ST – 5 years
- 2. OBC-NCL – 3 years
- 3. PwD – 10 years
Educational Qualification: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline (or have an equivalent degree) from a recognized University.
Computer Literacy: Candidates must be proficient with using computers and have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Computer Operations/Language or have studied Computer as one of the subjects in High School or College.
Language Requirement: Candidates must be able to read, write and speak in the official language of the State/Union Territory they apply for.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: IBPS Clerk Application Form
IBPS Clerk application form is available on the official website of IBPS from 2nd September 2020. Candidates can apply for the exam only in the online mode.
Before applying for the exam, candidates must keep the scanned copies of the following documents ready:
- Recent passport sized color photograph (4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) of the candidate in JPEG format; the size should be 20 to 50 kb whereas the dimension should be 200 x 230 pixels.
- Signature with a black ink pen on white paper
- Left Thumb Impression with blue or black ink on white paper
- Hand-Written Declaration written in English with black ink on white paper
A signature, Left Thumb Impression and Hand-Written Declaration should in JPEG format of size between 10 to 20 kb, 20 KB – 50 KB and 50 KB – 100 KB respectively
How To Apply For IBPS Clerk 2020?
Follow the steps as under to apply for IBPS Clerk 2020:
- 1st Step: Log on to the official website of IBPS – ibps.in.
- 2nd Step: Click on the link provided to apply for “CRP Clerks – IX”.
- 3rd Step: Click on “Click Here to Apply Online”.
- 4th Step: Click on “Click Here for New Registration”.
- 5th Step: Enter your basic information, like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and Mobile Number to register yourself.
- 6th Step: A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated after you have submitted your basic information. Note them down.
- 7th Step: The same will also be sent to you via your registered email ID and phone number.
- 8th Step: Log in with your Provisional Registration Number and Password, and edit the particulars if necessary.
- 9th Step: Enter your Personal, Academic and other details.
- 10th Step: Upload scanned copies of your Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression, and the hand-written declaration.
- 11th Step: Make a payment of IBPS Clerk application fee.
- 12th Step: Click on “Submit”.
- 13th Step: Take a printout of your IBPS Clerk Online application form 2020 for future reference.
IBPS Clerk Application Fees
The fee for different categories are tabulated below:
|SC / ST/ PwD / Ex-Serviceman Candidates||Rs 175|
|All Others||Rs 850|
The fees can be paid only in the online mode through Credit/Debit cards and Net Banking.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
IBPS Clerk exam is conducted in two phases, namely, Preliminary and Main. The prelims are conducted only to shortlist candidates for the Mains exam. Final selection is based on a candidate’s performance in the Mains examination.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern For Prelims
The preliminary examination will have three sections. The number of questions and marking scheme for each section are tabulated below:
|Sections||No. of Questions/Maximum Marks|
The duration for the IBPS Clerk prelims exam is 1 hour wherein each section is assigned 20 minutes.
Candidates must clear the cut off for each section as well as the overall cutoff in order to appear for the Main exam.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for Mains
The total number of questions, as well as the maximum marks for IBPS Clerk Main exam, are as under:
|Sections||No. of Questions/ Maximum Marks|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50/60|
Each of these sections are separately timed, which means there is separate time allotted for each section and candidates must finish off each of these sections within the allotted time.
- -General/Financial Awareness – 35 mins
- -General English – 35 minutes
- -Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude – 45 mins
- -Quantitative Aptitude – 45 mins
- -The total time duration is 160 mins.
- –Note that there are negative marking 0.25 marks allotted to a question for wrong answer in both Prelims and Mains.
- -Except the test of English Language, all the sections will be available in English and Hindi.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: IBPS Clerk Syllabus
The IBPS Clerk Prelims Syllabus is tabulated below:
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability|
|Reading Comprehension||Number Series||Puzzle and Arrangements|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Inequality|
|Spotting Errors||Data Interpretation||Coding – Decoding|
|Sentence Improvement||Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations|
|Fill in the Blanks||Miscellaneous||Direction Sense|
|Order and Ranking|
The IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus is tabulated below:
|Computer Network & Security||Banking and Insurance Awareness|
|MS Office and Short cut keys||Current Affairs|
|Computer Memory, Computer Software||Financial Awareness|
|Number System and Conversions||Govt. Schemes and Policies|
|History and Generation of Computers||Static Awareness|
|Computer Languages, Basics of DBMS|
|Introduction to Computer Organisation|
|Computer Hardware and I/O Devices|
|Operating System, Internet|
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: IBPS Clerk Admit Card
IBPS Clerk Admit card/call letter/hall ticket is released separately for Prelims and Mains. Candidates have to log in with their Registration Number/Roll Number and Password/Date of Birth generated at the time of registration to download the IBPS Clerk admit card. It is to be noted that the IBPS Clerk Admit Card will not be sent individually to anyone and the candidate must visit the official website in order to download the IBPS Clerk Admit Card. Generally, the IBPS Clerk Admit Card for Prelims as well as for Mains is released 10 to 15 days prior to the examination.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: IBPS Clerk Cut off
The Common Recruitment Process for clerical examination (CWE Clerks VIII) for the post of clerks comprises of 2 distinct stages. Hence, the IBPS Clerk cut off is also declared for all the 2 stages –
- IBPS Clerk cut off for Prelims
- IBPS Clerk cut off for Mains
Each of the stages has two different types of cutoff marks – sectional IBPS Clerk cutoff and overall IBPS clerk cutoff.
The final merit after result declaration will be based on the marks secured by the candidate in the IBPS Clerk Mains exam. Having said that, the Preliminary stage is also significant because that is where the initial screening takes place.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: Which Banks Comes Under IBPS?
The IBPS Clerk participating banks are as under:
|Bank of Baroda||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Punjab National Bank||Canara Bank|
|Central Bank of India||Indian Bank|
|Indian Overseas Bank||Bank of India|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||UCO Bank|
|Union Bank of India|
IBPS Clerk Notification: IBPS Clerk Salary 2021
The initial Basic Pay for IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765. The IBPS Clerk pay scale is: 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230/1310-1-31540.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: IBPS Clerk Preparation
Now that you know everything about IBPS Clerk Notification 2021, you shouldn’t waste a day. If you are a serious banking aspirant, you should start your IBPS Clerk preparation right away. Go through the IBPS Clerk syllabus for each stage and section and start with understanding the underlying theory behind the concepts. Develop reading habits as well.
FAQs Related To IBPS Clerk Notification 2020
Some of the FAQs are as under:
A: As per theIBPS Clerk notification, the basic salary of an IBPS Clerk is Rs. 11765/- with the gross salary being Rs. 19472.22/- or Rs. 19589.87/- depending on the HRA which depends on location.
A: The main characteristic of a bank clerk’s job profile is that he/she is the first point of contact for inquiries and guidance. IBPS clerk job profile entails the following main duties:
a) They are responsible for deposit and withdrawal of cash by the customers. Along with that clerk also undertakes the receipt of cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
b) They deliver checkbooks subject to authorization by competent Authorities.
c) They issue cash receipt and ESI Stamps.
A: In both Prelims and Mains as per IBPS Clerk Notification 2021, for every wrong answer, a candidate will lose one-fourth or 25 percent of the mark assigned to that question. However, there is no negative marking for questions not attempted.
Practice as many IBPS Clerk practice questions as possible and master each and every topic. Then take IBPS Clerk Mock Tests once the entire syllabus is over. Analyze how you have performed and then improve on your weak areas.
We hope this detailed article on IBPS Clerk Notification 2020 helps you. If you have any queries regarding IBPS Clerk Notification, feel free to ping us. You can also drop a comment below. We will definitely get back to you.3168 Views