IBPS Clerk 2020 Recruitment: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has revised IBPS Clerk 2020 Main exam date. Besides that, the officials have also revised the vacancies and reopened the IBPS Clerk online registration window on October 23. Candidates who were not able to apply online from September 02 to 23 can check the revised eligibility and apply online for 2557 Clerical Posts from October 23 to November 06, 2020.
IBPS Clerk examination is conducted every year to recruit candidates for clerical cadre posts in 11 public sector banks across the country. A total of around 2557 vacancies are released as per the IBPS Clerk CRP-X notification. In this article, we have provided you with all the details on IBPS Clerk 2020 exam. Read on to find out!
Candidates can check this page for sarkari naukri latest updates which will help them to know which are the ongoing and upcoming sarkari exam. Based on the sarkari exams information they can check their eligibility related to age and academic qualification before they apply for the various government jobs posts. Moreover, candidates can also check the sarkari result to know their status of qualifying the exam which they have appeared in.
November 04, 2020: IBPS has revised the Mains exam date. IBPS Clerk Main exam will be conducted on February 28, 2021. Click Here to read the official notice.
|IBPS Clerk Official Notification PDF (Detailed)|
|IBPS Clerk Supplementary Notification PDF|
|IBPS Clerk Online Application Link|
IBPS Clerk 2020 Notification
Before getting into the details of IBPS Clerk Notification 2020, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Exam Name||IBPS Clerk 2020|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Selection Stages||2 (Prelims and Mains)|
|Exam Conduction Mode||Computer-Based Mode|
IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam Dates
Check IBPS Clerk 2020 Important dates from the table below:
|Release of IBPS Clerk Notification||September 01, 2020|
|IBPS Clerk Online Registration and Payment of Fees||September 2 to 23, 2020|
|Re-opening of Online Application Process||October 23 to November 06, 2020|
|Call Letter Release for Pre Examination Training||November 17, 2020|
|Pre Examination Training||November 23 to 28, 2020|
|Release of Call Letter for IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam||November 18, 2020|
|IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam||December 05, 12 & 13,2020|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Result Declaration||December 31, 2020|
|Release of Call Letter for IBPS Clerk Main Exam||February 2020|
|IBPS Clerk Main Exam|
February 28, 2020
|Provisional Allotment||April 01, 2021|
IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet all the IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria before applying for the posts. As IBPS has released the supplementary notification and re-opened the online application portal candidate also needs to go through the revised eligibility conditions. Candidates belonging to the following categories can apply online through the re-opened application window.
- – Candidates who have attained eligibility in terms of educational qualification by November 06, 2020.
- – Aspirants who could not register successfully from September 02 to 23, 2020
Besides that, check the detailed IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria as per the official notification below:
Nationality: A candidate must be a citizen of India or any among the following categories.
- – a subject of Nepal or
- – a subject of Bhutan or
- – a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- – a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to above-mentioned categories shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit: Candidates born on or after 2nd September 1992 but not later than 1st September 2000 (both dates inclusive) can apply for the exam. This means the minimum age of the candidate should be 20 years and the maximum age 28 years. However, there is a relaxation of upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories:
- 1. SC / ST – 5 years
- 2. OBC-NCL – 3 years
- 3. PwD – 10 years
Educational Qualification: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline (or have an equivalent degree) from a recognized University as on November 06, 2020.
Computer Literacy: Candidates must be proficient with using computers and have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Computer Operations/Language or have studied Computer as one of the subjects in High School or College.
Language Requirement: Candidates must be able to read, write and speak in the official language of the State/Union Territory they apply for.
Prerequisites To Apply Online For IBPS Clerk 2020
A scanned copy of the following documents is needed to apply online for IBPS Clerk exam.
- Recent passport-sized colour photograph (4.5 cm X 3.5 cm)
- Signature with a black ink pen on white paper
- Left Thumb Impression with blue or black ink on white paper
- Hand-Written Declaration in English with black ink on white paper
Photo, Signature, Thumb Impression & Declaration Details
|Photograph||20 to 50 kb||JPEG Format|
|Signature||10 to 20 kb||JPEG Format|
|Thumb Impression||20 KB – 50 KB||JPEG Format|
|Declaration||50 KB – 100 KB||JPEG Format|
How To Apply For IBPS Clerk 2020?
IBPS Clerk online registration window has been reopened from October 23 to November 06. Canddiates can check eligibility and apply online through online mode. Follow the steps as under to apply for IBPS Clerk 2020:
- – 1st Step: Log on to the official website of IBPS – ibps.in
- – 2nd Step: Click on the application link provided to apply for CRP Clerks – IX.
- – 3rd Step: A new page will open. Click on the link “Click Here to Apply Online for Supplementary Common Recruitment Process for Clerk – X ”.
- – 4th Step: Click on “Click Here for New Registration” (if you have not registered before).
- – 5th Step: Enter your basic information, like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and Mobile Number to register yourself.
- – 6th Step: A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated after you have submitted your basic information. Note them down.
- – 7th Step: The same will also be sent to you via your registered email ID and phone number.
- – 8th Step: Log in with your Provisional Registration Number and Password, and edit the particulars if necessary.
- – 9th Step: Enter your Personal, Academic and other details.
- – 10th Step: Upload scanned copies of your Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression, and the hand-written declaration.
- – 11th Step: Make a payment of IBPS Clerk application fee.
- – 12th Step: Click on “Submit”.
- – 13th Step: Take a printout of your IBPS Clerk online application form 2020 for future reference.
IBPS Clerk Application Fees
Candidates can pay the application fee through Credit/Debit cards and Net Banking. The fee for different categories are tabulated below:
|SC / ST/ PwD / Ex-Serviceman Candidates||Rs 175|
|All Others||Rs 850|
IBPS Clerk 2020 Recruitment: IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
IBPS Clerk exam is conducted in two phases, namely, Preliminary and Main. The prelims are conducted only to shortlist candidates for the Mains exam. Final selection is based on a candidate’s performance in the Mains examination.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern For Prelims
The preliminary examination will have three sections. The number of questions and marking scheme for each section are tabulated below:
|Sections||No. of Questions/Maximum Marks|
The duration for the IBPS Clerk prelims exam is 1 hour wherein each section is assigned 20 minutes.
Candidates must clear the cut off for each section as well as the overall cutoff in order to appear for the Main exam.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern For Mains
The total number of questions, as well as the maximum marks for IBPS Clerk Main exam, are as under:
|Sections||No. of Questions/ Maximum Marks|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50/60|
Each of these sections is separately timed, which means there is separate time allotted for each section and candidates must finish off each of these sections within the allotted time.
- -General/Financial Awareness – 35 mins
- -General English – 35 minutes
- -Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude – 45 mins
- -Quantitative Aptitude – 45 mins
- -The total time duration is 160 mins.
- –Note that there are negative marking 0.25 marks allotted to a question for wrong answer in both Prelims and Mains.
- -Except for the test of English Language, all the sections will be available in English and Hindi.
IBPS Clerk 2020: IBPS Clerk Syllabus
The IBPS Clerk Prelims Syllabus is tabulated below:
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability|
|Reading Comprehension||Number Series||Puzzle and Arrangements|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Inequality|
|Spotting Errors||Data Interpretation||Coding – Decoding|
|Sentence Improvement||Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations|
|Fill in the Blanks||Miscellaneous||Direction Sense|
|Order and Ranking|
The IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus is tabulated below:
|Computer Network & Security||Banking and Insurance Awareness|
|MS Office and Short cut keys||Current Affairs|
|Computer Memory, Computer Software||Financial Awareness|
|Number System and Conversions||Govt. Schemes and Policies|
|History and Generation of Computers||Static Awareness|
|Computer Languages, Basics of DBMS|
|Introduction to Computer Organisation|
|Computer Hardware and I/O Devices|
|Operating System, Internet|
IBPS Clerk 2020 Notification: IBPS Clerk Admit Card
IBPS Clerk Admit card/call letter/hall ticket is released separately for Prelims and Mains. Candidates have to log in with their Registration Number/Roll Number and Password/Date of Birth generated at the time of registration to download the IBPS Clerk admit card. It is to be noted that the IBPS Clerk Admit Card will not be sent individually to anyone and the candidate must visit the official website in order to download the IBPS Clerk Admit Card. Generally, the IBPS Clerk Admit Card for Prelims as well as for Mains is released 10 to 15 days prior to the examination.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: IBPS Clerk Cut off
The Common Recruitment Process for clerical examination (CWE Clerks VIII) for the post of clerks comprises 2 distinct stages. Hence, the IBPS Clerk cut off is also declared for all the 2 stages –
- IBPS Clerk cut off for Prelims
- IBPS Clerk cut off for Mains
Each of the stages has two different types of cutoff marks – sectional IBPS Clerk cutoff and overall IBPS clerk cutoff.
The final merit after the result declaration will be based on the marks secured by the candidate in the IBPS Clerk Mains exam. Having said that, the Preliminary stage is also significant because that is where the initial screening takes place.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: Which Banks Comes Under IBPS?
The IBPS Clerk participating banks are as under:
|Bank of Baroda||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Punjab National Bank||Canara Bank|
|Central Bank of India||Indian Bank|
|Indian Overseas Bank||Bank of India|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||UCO Bank|
|Union Bank of India|
IBPS Clerk Notification: IBPS Clerk Salary 2021
The initial Basic Pay for IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765. The IBPS Clerk pay scale is: 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230/1310-1-31540.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2020: IBPS Clerk Preparation
Now that you know everything about IBPS Clerk Notification 2021, you shouldn’t waste a day. If you are a serious banking aspirant, you should start your IBPS Clerk preparation right away. Go through the IBPS Clerk syllabus for each stage and section and start with understanding the underlying theory behind the concepts. Develop reading habits as well.
FAQs Related To IBPS Clerk Notification 2020
Some of the FAQs are as under:
A: As per IBPS Clerk notification, the basic salary of an IBPS Clerk is Rs. 11765/- with the gross salary being Rs. 19472.22/- or Rs. 19589.87/- depending on the HRA which depends on location.
A: The main characteristic of a bank clerk’s job profile is that he/she is the first point of contact for inquiries and guidance. IBPS clerk job profile entails the following main duties:
a) They are responsible for deposit and withdrawal of cash by the customers. Along with that clerk also undertakes the receipt of cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
b) They deliver checkbooks subject to authorization by competent Authorities.
c) They issue cash receipt and ESI Stamps.
A: In both Prelims and Mains as per IBPS Clerk Notification 2021, for every wrong answer, a candidate will lose one-fourth or 25 percent of the mark assigned to that question. However, there is no negative marking for questions not attempted.
Practice as many IBPS Clerk practice questions as possible and master each and every topic. Then take IBPS Clerk Mock Tests once the entire syllabus is over. Analyze how you have performed and then improve on your weak areas.
We hope this detailed article on IBPS Clerk Notification 2020 helps you. If you have any queries regarding IBPS Clerk Notification, feel free to ping us. You can also drop a comment below. We will definitely get back to you.5007 Views