IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2019: The IBPS Clerk application process will commence from September 17, 2019. Lakhs of candidates appear for the post of clerk every year and a similar trend can be expected this year too. It is extremely important for candidates to be aware of the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria before applying for the post. Candidates will have to compulsorily abide by the IBPS Clerk eligibility clauses. The IBPS eligibility criteria of the candidates will only be checked during the document verification process (time of joining) and not during the application process. However, if the candidate fails to meet the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria, then candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
IBPS has released the Prelims and Mains exam dates but, the detailed IBPS Clerk notification is yet to be published. The basic IBPS clerk eligibility criteria will be more or less the same and in case of any change is made, we will update in it here. In this article, you will find the detailed IBPS Clerk age limit, qualification and other IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria. Read on to know more.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Notification Released! Apply Online from Septemeber 17, 2019.
Click Here to know all about IBPS Clerk 2019
Click Here to know about IBPS Clerk Application Process.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2019
As mentioned above, candidates must ensure they meet all the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria before they fill up the IBPS Clerk application form. Even if a candidate clears the Prelims and Mains, his/her candidature will be cancelled if it is found later that he/she does not satisfy the eligibility criteria.
So, candidates must check the IBPS Clerk age limit, educational qualification, nationality, and other IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria. Let’s have a look at these details one by one.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility: IBPS Clerk Nationality
The candidate must be:
- An Indian National, or
- A citizen of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee (before 1st January 1962) who have settled in India, or a Person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that the candidate possesses a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
Candidates belonging to countries other than India must present an eligibility certificate issued by authorities recommended by Government of India in order to be eligible.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2019: IBPS Clerk Age Limit
Candidates applying for IBPS Clerk 2019 will have to meet the IBPS Clerk age limit as shown below.
|Minimum Age Limit||20 years|
|Maximum Age Limit||28 years|
In other words, the candidate must have born not earlier than 02/09/1991 and not later than 02/09/ 1999 (both dates inclusive).
Besides that, as per government rules, a relaxation in the upper age limit will be given to candidates belonging to reserved categories. Check the IBPS Clerk age relaxation details from the table below:
The Maximum age limit is 50 years
|SC/ ST||5 Years|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||3 Years|
|Persons with Disabilities||10 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered + 3 Years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST). The Maximum age limit is 50 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 Years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 Years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 Years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 Years|
IBPS Clerk Eligibility: IBPS Clerk Educational Qualification
The candidate must have a graduation degree in any discipline from a University recognized by the government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess a valid Mark-Sheet/Degree Certificate of his/her graduation. At the time of IBPS Clerk registration, candidates have to indicate the IBPS Clerk Graduation percentage.
Proficiency in Local Language
Candidate must be proficient reading, writing, and speaking in the local language of the state/union territory from where he/she is applying.
- Candidates applying for IBPS Clerk 2019 need to have an operating and working knowledge of computer systems.
- Candidate should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- a) Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculated.
- b) Candidate must obtain the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the
Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility: Key Points
Here are a few important points regarding IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria 2019:
- Candidates will have to enter the percentage obtained by them in graduation (rounded off to 2 decimal places). In the case of CGPA/OGPA, the same has to be converted into the equivalent percentage.
- The percentage of marks are to be obtained by dividing the total marks obtained in all the subjects in all semesters/years by the aggregate maximum marks and multiplied by 100.
[Percentage Marks = (Marks Obtained In All Semesters X 100 )/(Aggregate Maximum Marks)
- Candidates will not be allowed to change the category once entered in the IBPS Clerk application form.
- Candidates will have to present the relevant documents in support of the details such as age, qualification, category, etc. at the time of joining.
We have now provided you with all the details on IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2019. The information provided here is as per the IBPS Clerk 2018 notification. Once the IBPS Clerk 2019 notification is released, the details will be updated in this article. The IBPS Clerk 2019 notification may be out anytime soon and this is the time to start your IBPS Clerk preparation in full swing. Make sure that you are thorough with IBPS Clerk syllabus and IBPS Clerk exam pattern before you start your preparation.
Besides that, you can also take free IBPS Clerk mock tests at Embibe to know your strength and weakness. This will help you to improve your performance and score higher.
We hope this article on IBPS Clerk Eligibility helps you. If you have any question, feel free to post your queries in the comment box below. We will get back to you at the earliest.846 Views