IBPS Clerk Study Plan: Lakhs of students appear for IBPS Clerk Exam for a few thousands of vacancies. This year 7275 vacancies are announced across the nation. The competition in the exam is increasing with every passing year. Thus, you need to prepare well and give your best performance. IBPS Clerk prelims exam is to be held on 8th, 9th,15th and 16th December 2018 and the mains exam is scheduled on 20th January 2019.
With the limited time left for the exam, you will need to have a well-planned strategy in order to give your best shot. In IBPS Prelims exam you need to focus on clearing the cut-off marks to gain the eligibility for the mains exam. While in IBPS mains exam you need to score as high as possible to get your name into the final merit list of IBPS Clerk Exam 2018. We will guide you and help you to have a time-bound methodological study and this article will provide you with all you need for a great IBPS Clerk study plan. Read to find it out!
IBPS Clerk Study Plan
Creating an appropriate IBPS Clerk study plan is the first step towards your preparation for this exam. This is where comes the challenge of analyzing various aspects which influences IBPS Clerk study plan. The IBPS Clerk study plan should be clear and definite to achieve results. In order to have a better IBPS Clerk study plan, a clear knowledge of the IBPS Clerk exam pattern, type of questions asked, difficulty level, IBPS Clerk syllabus and time available for preparation is very important. On the other hand, you must also know which are the appropriate study materials and IBPS Clerk books that you need to refer to.
Apart from the knowledge and understanding of concepts, you must also focus on your strength, weaknesses, time management and test-taking skills.
IBPS Clerk Study Plan | IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern Prelims & Mains
Let’s have a clear idea of the exam pattern before getting into the IBPS Clerk Preparation Plan
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern For Prelims
|Sections||No. of Questions/Maximum Marks|
Total time duration is 1 hour however, each section is separately timed.
The candidate must clear the cut-off score in each section and also the overall cut-off in order to appear for the IBPS Clerk Mains exam.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern For Mains
|IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern|
|Sections||Number of questions /
|General / Financial Awareness||50 / 50||35|
|General English||40 / 40||35|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||50 / 60||45|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50 / 50||45|
|Total||190 / 200||160|
Total time duration is 160 minutes with sectional time limits for each section.
The candidate has to score as higher as possible, as the selection process is mainly based on the performance in the IBPS Clerk Mains exam. It is to be noted that there is no personal interview for this post.
Section-wise IBPS Clerk Study Plan For IBPS Clerk Prelims & Mains 2018
IBPS Clerk Study Plan For General English
- In order to score high in English Language section, you need to be strong with your basics of English grammar. Knowledge of grammar will help you attempt questions related to Error Spotting, Active and Passive Voice, Tense, Subject-Verb Agreement, Direct and Indirect Speech etc.
- Building your vocabulary is another key factor. Learn new words, their meanings and usage. Read newspapers, magazines and good books to improve your vocabulary.
- Developing the habit of reading will help you read faster and you can completely understand the message they want to convey very quickly. This will help you to quickly answer the questions in Comprehension Tests which are asked based on a passage. Reading has to be done regularly in order to improve your reading and understanding ability.
IBPS Clerk Study Plan For General/Financial Awareness
There are 3 categories in it as follows :
- Current Affairs
- Static GK
- Banking Awareness
Altogether in General Awareness / Financial awareness section, questions will be based on recent happenings (especially related to the financial world). Thus, have this basic idea and also try and focus on the well-known or generally known facts.
IBPS Clerk Study Plan For Quantitative Ability:
- Solving formula-based questions and questions related to basic concepts of Mathematics do not take more time. So, you can easily practice them in your free time. You just need to learn the formulae, get to know where and how to apply and practice.
- In the case of Data Interpretation and Quadratic Equation problems, you need continuous practice and need to develop analytical skills. You will get to know how to solve once you understand and interpret the data given.
- On the other hand, there are tougher topics like Probability, Time-Speed-Distance, Permutations and Combinations, Time and Work, Mensuration and Geometry, etc., that are quite tricky. These type of questions are compulsory and you need to first understand the theoretical background for these topics, then try to understand how to approach the problems, visualize the concepts and learn why and which formula is appropriate.
- These problems consume more time. Thus, devote more time to such topics and keep practicing. Getting exposure to more questions of different types and difficulty levels will help master this section.
IBPS Clerk Study Plan For Reasoning Ability and Computer aptitude
The basic topics in the Reasoning Ability section are Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Input-output, Syllogism, Order and Ranking, Data Sufficiency, Direction Sense, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, etc.
- Finish the non-descriptive topics that require just common sense and go for the the puzzles later.
- For puzzles, read and understand carefully, pay attention to variables involved, practice multiple parameter based questions. Practice the puzzles regularly to increase accuracy.
- For seating arrangement problems, start with noting down the direct information, be clear with the terms used and their relations, arrange these data and then focus on indirect data to approach the correct answer.
- Develop the habit of making diagrams or doing paperwork instead of solving verbally. Refer to your books and understand the logic related to the question. You must have an idea regarding how to approach a question and proceed further to solve it. Books and online study materials will help you out. Also, go through example/solved questions.
For Computer Aptitude, focus on theoretical knowledge of computer systems, hardware and software and revise them regularly so that you don’t forget. For topics like Microsoft Office, Keyboard Shortcuts, etc., practice on a computer. It will help in better retention.
IBPS Clerk Study Plan – General Preparation Tips
The IBPS clerk study plan will be effective when a student understands the parameters affecting his performance, and plan accordingly as per their daily routine and convenience. The flow of the study plan can be as follows:
- Create A Realistic Timetable: Prepare a study timetable which is realistic with a balance between the time available, topics to be covered and how easy or difficult that topic appears to you. Avoid starting with a random topic without proper plan, vision and time boundary. Have a clear and definite target and achieve it in step by step fashion. Follow the timetable strictly but also be open towards modifications when necessary.
- Know Your Focus Span: Find out how long you can concentrate very efficiently and plan accordingly. You can take breaks of 5-10 minutes in between. During the break time, try not to start with an altogether new hobby and try not to watch any movies or TV series etc., instead relax in a way that works for you. Study for at least 5-6 hours a day and be consistent in doing so. Closely analyze which study pattern works for you and modify your timetable according to your needs
- Know Your Topics And Plan Accordingly: Take some time to have an overview of each topic and categorize them according to the difficulty level. Have a mixture of easy and tough topics to maintain the study flow. Think about how to approach a subject or topic and understand up to what depth a particular topic has to be learnt. In order to do that start with the basics and be very clear with the concepts and their theories. Try to prepare your own notes when you study which could be of great help once you start to revise the concepts. Also, make sure you include topics from different subjects in your daily study routine instead of sticking to one subject for the whole day.
- Get The Best Books And Solve Previous Year Papers: You have to choose your books and study materials wisely based on the requirement of the exam. Refer to the IBPS Clerk previous year question papers and relate it to your present study strategy and modify the strategy accordingly. Check the weightage each topic, how frequently it has been asked, and prioritize based on that.
- Take Topic-wise Tests: After completion of a topic try to take topic-wise tests which will help you in evaluating yourself and as you keep improving by correcting your mistakes, your confidence level will boost up. This can, in turn, create an interest towards learning the topic better.
- Study Flow, Mock Tests And Test Analysis: Once you have finished the full IBPS Clerk syllabus and analyse your performance. This performance analysis will help you improve your test-taking skills like time management, selection of question-based on their nature, problem-solving speed, etc. Embibe provides you free IBPS Clerk Prelims Mock Tests with detailed analysis which helps you fix your knowledge gaps and test-taking strategy.
- Regular Revision: Proper and regular revision is the key for better performance. So, revise regularly to improve your accuracy and boost your confidence. Apart from taking mock tests, practice regularly, even the topics that have mastered and go through your notes. If making notes consumes more time then just highlight important points while studying.
Now you know about the approach you need to have in order to prepare a customized study plan which can help you score higher. A monitored and planned study will improve your overall performance which will make you more confident. IBPS Clerk study plan is all you need to start an effective study and with your plan structured properly, you will definitely crack the exam.
We hope this article has helped you with IBPS Clerk study plan and answered your queries. For any other information, please post your comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest.30 Views