IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation Tips 2020: IBPS Prelims exam is around the corner and this will be followed by the IBPS RRB Mains Exam. To crack prelims and mains exams you should not focus only on completing the entire syllabus. In fact, cracking these competitive exams needs more than just knowledge. In addition to academic knowledge, you must also have certain skills, like time management, the ability to select the right questions to answer, etc. Otherwise, you will end up losing valuable marks.
A well-defined and effective exam-taking strategy that guarantees a high score can be developed if only you consider all these factors. As a result, IBPS RRB Office Assistant preparation plan must be formulated accordingly with the ultimate goal of scoring as high as possible as this exam is highly competitive and lakhs of candidates appear for the exam every year. Read this article to find out how to go about with your preparation for IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation | How To Crack IBPS RRB 2020
First and foremost, you need to have complete knowledge about the IBPS RRB Assistant Office exam pattern. This will help you plan your IBPS RRB Office Assistant preparation. The exam is conducted in two phases – Preliminary and Main. The exam pattern is different for the prelims and main and hence your IBPS RRB preparation should also be planned accordingly.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation Plan & Strategy
- (a) Creation of Short Notes: Quick Revision for IBPS RRB Office Assistant: When you study topic wise concepts make sure don’t forget to make short notes of tricks and formulas. This can be useful for last-minute revision of all the topics thoroughly.
- (b) Take IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mock Test: For Time Management & Performance Analysis
- Now you have less time so write daily 2 to 3 mock tests and go through the complete analysis of those papers. And while taking practice mocks you can try different ways to attempt the questions i.e.,
- In reasoning, try to solve the puzzles/ seating arrangements first and then coding and decoding and then singlets etc. and next time you just start with the other topics. So there you will get to know which topic you are more comfortable to start and the order of preference to do in the exam. Whereas in quant, try the DI first and then number series, miscellaneous etc. and next time try with other topics.
- Because these mock tests are not only given speed and accuracy but also a clear idea of choosing the order of topics to do. This will save your time and increase the attempt rate. So you just experiment these things while taking the practice mocks.
- These days you can see so many surprises in the bank exams i.e., introducing the new type of questions, pattern and also sectional timing. So you need to be ready for any such surprises in the IBPS RRB 2020 Office Assistant exam.
- (c) Clear idea of Previous Year Cutoff: For how many correct attempts to make in IBPS RRB Exam: You should have a clear idea of previous year exam analysis and cutoff. Because if the paper level is easy and having less number of posts then the cutoff will go high. That means the cutoff depends on both the exam level and also on the number of posts. So don’t panic by just looking at the cutoff. Every year it may vary.
In IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims exam, only Reasoning and Numerical Ability sections are there. So here are some preparation tips for these two topics.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation For Prelims
The Preliminary exam is a 45-minute exam with maximum marks of 80. Candidates must clear the cut-off of each section in order to qualify for the Main exam.
|Section||Number of Questions/Maximum Marks|
Although the preliminary exam is conducted only to short-list candidates for the Main exam and it is enough to clear the cut-off, aspirants are recommended to give their best shot in their preparation for the Preliminary exam. Both the sections of the prelims are there in the Main exam. As a result, preparing effectively for these two sections will help in the Main exam.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation Tips For Reasoning
If you do not have sufficient time, you can first focus on the important chapters and master them. Once that is achieved you can concentrate on other chapters.
|Important Chapters for Reasoning|
|1. Coding and Decoding|
|5. Seating Arrangements|
|6. Blood Relations|
In reasoning, at first, it is always better to solve the questions which can be answered quickly and of your strong area and then take up time-consuming ones. You can decide this by taking IBPS RRB Office Assistant mock tests.
- a) In the puzzle/seating arrangement, while reading the passage note the conditions at a place i.e., if one condition is related to some person/thing and some other condition is also telling about the same person/ thing. Note them at one place. Like that you just mention all the conditions then start doing the puzzle/seating arrangement. This will reduce your time and also less chance of getting wrong attempts in IBPS RRB Office Assistant.
- b) In Alphabet series, it is important to remember the position of the alphabets. Concepts like EJOTY and VQLGB in the Alphabet series will help you to find the position of any letter easily.
Concept of EJOTY represents the position of the alphabets counting from the left end at the interval of 5 letters.
Concept of VQLGB represents the position of the alphabets counting from the right end at the interval of 5 letters.
- c) In coding and decoding, questions asked in IBPS RRB Office Assistant prelims are very easy but if there is any surprise then the word will be coded with one letter, one number and one symbol i.e., In letter code which may be the first letter or last letter or previous/following letter of 1st letter/the last letter of the given word etc. In number code which may be the number of letters or number of vowels/consonants or the face value of the first /last /middle letter of the word etc. In symbol can be coded may be first/ last letter of the word or number of letters even or odd etc.
- Q) Words make sentences meaningful: 8$A 2#R 6C 14$F
Rain stops every week: 2^E 8#E 2O 8*A
Eagerly received Permission: 4^R 4*V 14@I
Rarely prepares tasty food: 2%S 10*E 8&O 12@R
In the coding,
In the word, if the number of letters is even then the number = Number of letters + 4
If the number of letters is odd then the number = Number of letters – 3
i.e., Words = number of letters is 5 (odd) so, Number = 5 – 3 =2
Week = number of letters is 4 (even) so, Number = 4 + 4 = 8
Third letter from the right end of the given word.
i.e., Words = third letter is R, Week = third letter is E.
The first letter of the word has been given in symbol
I.e, For W = #, S = , E = ^, M = $, R = *, P = @, T = %, F = &
So the ‘Words’ coded as 2#R, ‘Rain’ = 8*A, ‘Meaningful’ = 14$F etc.
- In syllogism, first, you need to check the given statements are positive or negative because if the statements are positive then negative conclusions are definitely wrong. This tip is very useful for all the bank exams to save a lot of time.
All tables are boards.
Some pens are boards.
- Some tables are not pens.
- No pen is table.
Solution: In this question all the statements are positive. Hence, we can directly say the conclusion I and II don’t follow.
The Reasoning section is highly scoring if your basics are cleared and you have solved enough questions. Candidates are recommended not to focus on learning shortcuts to solve questions from this section. Practising regularly will automatically help improve your ability to solve reasoning questions with increased speed and accuracy.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation Tips For Numerical Ability
The Numerical Ability section involves remembering innumerable formulas. Consequently, this section is difficult to handle. However, if learning the formulas and solving lots of practice questions go side-by-side, it will become easier for you with passing time. For this reason, candidates must:
- a) Note down all the formulas when they are learning a new chapter
- b) Solve practice questions with increasing difficulty level; solve them in a time-bound manner
- c) Mark questions they found difficult to solve and revise them later
- d) Go through the formulas regularly
In numerical ability, at first, it is always better to solve the questions which can be answered quickly and of your strong area and then take up time-consuming ones. You can decide this by taking mock tests. But it’s better to prefer first Quadratic equation, Number series and then DI and Miscellaneous. Because in IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam they will give quadratic and number series questions easy to moderate which can be solved easily.
Check out the important topics included in the numerical ability section from the table below:
|Important Chapters for Numerical Ability|
|2. Number Series|
|3. Quadratic Equation|
|4. Data Interpretation|
|6. Profit and Loss|
In DI section include caselet, Some tips to remember while solving the DI :
- a) Always read the title and check the units of the given charts.
- b) Read the question and determine which chart the question deals with if there are multiple charts and what information you need to find.
- c) And also determine which calculation you need to perform during IBPS RRB Office Assistant.
- d) If the numbers in the answers are far apart then approximate your answer.
- e) Most of the DI questions in IBPS RRB Office Assistant will contain the following concepts and calculation like Calculating Percent, Approximation, Average, Ratio and Angle finding. So need to practice so many DI’s so that it will cover all these concepts.
- f) In DI (Pie-Chart) one of the questions asked about angle finding then no need of solving complete question just check the options which one is a multiple of 9 or 3.6. If there are two options then need to solve if not no need to solve.
- g) For some questions, we can get answers by observing the diagram carefully. No need to use pen and paper in solving those sorts of questions. Avoid paperwork for simple calculations.
- h) While doing DI set just do the rough work for all the questions of that DI at a place because there is a chance of jumbling the questions. Then it is very easy to identify and solve that question. It will save a lot of time. So that we have time to solve other questions.
In quadratic equations, some important tip to solve one of the questions:
- Quadratic equation i.e., ax2+bx+c=0, if the sign of the coefficients ‘b’ is ‘-’ and both a and c are ‘+’ i.e., ax2-bx+c=0then the mysqladmins are always Positive.
For example, x2-5x+6=0after solving the mysqladmins are 3, 2 which are positive.
- If all the signs of coefficients a,b and c are ‘+’ i.e., ax2+bx+c=0then the mysqladmins are always Negative.
For example, x2+5x+6=0, after solving the mysqladmins are -3, -2 which are Negative.
- Hence in the exam, if they will give the two quadratic equation questions ie.,
Then without solving the equations, we can directly say that x>y because in equation I the sign of the coefficients ‘b’ is ‘-’ and both a and c are ‘+’ so the mysqladmins of x are Positive and in equation II all the signs of coefficients a,b and c are ‘+’ so the mysqladmins of yare Negative.
Profit & Loss and Discount/ Time & Distance/ Time & Work/ SI & CI:
- You will surely get 1-2 questions in the examination from this chapter. These questions are not difficult ones but most of the time they are very lengthy and calculative.
- For this type of questions you need to go through with all the topics of numerical ability then only you can do these. If you are well versed with all the topics then for some questions no need to solve the question and by just looking at the statements we can say that the statements are sufficient or not. If not, sometimes you just write the conditions with formulas(concepts) then you realize which statement is sufficient.
What is the area of a circle?
- The circumference of the circle is 308 metres.
- The radius of the circle is 28 metres.
Solution: To find Area of the circle you need radius, form any of the statements you can get the radius.
Hence, the answer is either I or II statements required.
Number Series, Inequality:
- These are the areas where you can score well in the quant section. You need to have good command over the various types of relationships or mathematical operations. So the number series (missing/ wrong number) type questions etc can be solved easily.
Taking IBPS RRB Office Assistant mock tests can also help in your preparation as you will be able to identify where you need to improve and focus there.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation For Main
The Main exam has five sections. The number of questions and maximum marks for each section are tabulated as below:
|Section||Number of Questions/Maximum Marks|
|English or Hindi Language||40/40|
The Main exam is of 2-hour duration and the various sections are not separately timed.
For Reasoning and Numerical Ability sections, follow the same IBPS RRB Office Assistant preparation plan as in the Prelims.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation For General Awareness
This section contains questions related to general knowledge and current affairs.
|Important Topics For General Awareness|
|1. Banking news- current bank rates, RBI guidelines, etc.|
|2. Economic policies|
|3. Budget, Finance, etc.|
In order to score higher in this section, you must:
- a) Read newspapers regularly
- b) Note down important points, dates, policies, events, who’s who, current bank rates, RBI guidelines, etc.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation For English/Hindi Language
This section tests your knowledge of basic English/Hindi.
|Important Topics For English/Hindi Language|
|3. Basic grammar rules – Spotting errors|
|4. Fill in the blanks|
|5. Cloze test|
In order to ace this section, you must:
a) Read newspapers and magazines regularly
b) Note down new words and learn their meaning and usage; learn 20 new words every day
c) Brush up the basic grammatical rules like parts of speech, voice change, narration, etc.
d) Practice questions
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation For Computer Knowledge
This section tests your knowledge of basic computer software and hardware.
|Important Topics For Computer Knowledge|
|2. Operating System|
|3. MS Office – Word, Excel, etc.|
|4. Keyboard shortcuts|
This section is easy. You can finish this section efficiently if you spend only one hour daily.
Finally, when you have finished the entire syllabus, take full-length IBPS RRB mock tests.
Furthermore, you need to identify the areas you are weak at and work upon them to improve. This, in turn, will help you to improve your score with each mock test you take. Ultimately, this will help you score higher in the actual exam.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant preparation, like any other banking exams, needs one to stay focused and goal-oriented. However, with the right kind of IBPS RRB study material and IBPS RRB preparation plan, your success is guaranteed.
We hope that this article regarding IBPS RRB Office Assistant preparation plan helps you. Since IBPS RRB is an online examination, students must take IBPS RRB mock tests online to get used to the platform.3669 Views