KEAM 2020 – Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala has postponed the KEAM 2020 exam dates due to the COVID-19 outbreak and lockdown. Before, KEAM exams were scheduled to be conducted on 20th & 21st April 2020. The revised dates of KEAM will be released through the official website. Candidates who want admission in the engineering stream at an undergraduate level in the state of Kerala can appear for KEAM 2020.
The entrance exam will be conducted in an offline mode for admission into B.Tech programme in the institutes available in the state of Kerala. For complete details on the KEAM 2020 including the eligibility criteria, application form, answer key, exam dates, result, counselling, read this article further.
KEAM 2020: Overview
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala|
|Commonly known as||KEAM|
|Number of papers||2|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes each paper|
KEAM Important Dates 2020
Once the candidates decide to appear for KEAM 2020, they must be aware of the entire schedule related to KEAM so as not to miss any important deadlines. The table below depicts the KEAM important dates 2020 –
KEAM 2020 Event Schedule
|Release of official KEAM Notification||January 31, 2020|
|Registration starts from||February 1, 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||February 29, 2020 (5:00 pm)|
|Last date to upload documents||February 29, 2020|
|Issuance of admit card||To be notified|
|KEAM 2020 exam date||To be notified|
|Release of answer keys||To be notified|
|Declaration of result||To be notified|
KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2020
Once the candidates decide to appear for the KEAM, they must fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down by the Institute for admission into BE courses. The KEAM 2020 application form should be filled by the candidate only if they fulfil the eligibility criteria. All the non-eligible candidates filling the application form will get their candidature rejected at further stages in the admission process. The KEAM 2020 eligibility criteria for admission into BE programmes are mentioned below.
- Nationality – Indian
- Qualifying Exam – 10+2
- The minimum score in the qualifying examination – 45% in compulsory subjects
- Compulsory subjects – Candidates must have studied the following subjects compulsorily
Along with the above two compulsory subjects, candidates must have studied any one of the following subjects
- Computer Science
KEAM Application Form 2020
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria filled the KEAM 2020 application form from February 1, 2020 till February 29, 2020. The KEAM application form was made available in an online mode on the official website(cee.kerala.gov.in). No other mode was available to fill the KEAM 2020 application form. Candidates need to pay an amount as the KEAM application fee while submitting the application form.
Candidates who do not pay the application fee will not be issued the KEAM admit card. Thus, the payment of application fee is a mandatory step in order to get the application form marked as complete. It is to be noted that the application fee is to be paid before the last date for the same. The steps to fill the online application form for KEAM 2020 has been mentioned below.
Steps to fill the KEAM 2020 application form
- Visit the official website of CEE, Kerala (cee.kerala.org)
- Click on the relevant link for the KEAM 2020 registration
- Register for KEAM 2020
- Fill all the details required in the online application form.
- Pay the application fee prescribed by CEE.
- Upload scanned copies of images and certificates
- Printing of confirmation page
KEAM Application Fee 2020
Candidates are required to pay the application fee along with the application form submission for KEAM 2020. The application fee is prescribed by the conducting body. The KEAM application fee is non-refundable in nature. Thus, candidates must check the eligibility criteria as the prerequisite for the application process.
Application Fee – CEE has set different amounts for reserved and unreserved categories. Candidates can check the KEAM application fee for both the category candidates.
- General – Rs. 700/-
- SC – Rs. 300/-
- ST – NIL.
- Opt Dubai as an exam centre – Application fee + 12000
Mode of Payment – Candidates can pay the KEAM 2020 application fee in any of the following modes:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
KEAM Exam Centres 2020
While filling the application form, candidates need to select the preference of the KEAM 2020 exam city. The KEAM 2020 will be conducted in various test venues situated in all the districts of Kerala and in Delhi, Mumbai, and Dubai.
Candidates need to report at the allotted test centre only. The exam centre allotted to the candidate will be displayed in the KEAM admit card. CEE will allocate a test centre in Dubai as well. Candidates can check the tentative list of KEAM 2020 exam centre from the table below.
KEAM 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates will not be able to change the exam centre after the final allotment of the exam centre is done. Thus, the candidates must fill the exam centre preferences in the application form keeping all the factors affecting the KEAM 2020 test centre preference in mind.
KEAM Admit Card 2020
CEE will issue the KEAM 2020 admit card on April 10, for all the successful applicants. The KEAM admit card 2020 will be available in an online mode over the official website of CEE. The application number and the password can be used to download the admit card of KEAM 2020. Candidates need to bring a printed copy of the KEAM admit card at the examination centre. Along the KEAM admit card candidates need to bring a valid photo ID proof.
KEAM Exam Pattern 2020
Once the candidate decides to appear for the KEAM 2020, they must start the preparation for the exam. Being a competitive level exam, candidates need to keep their preparation strong. The preparation for the KEAM 2020 should start with a careful study of exam pattern. Candidates can check the KEAM exam pattern below.
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (Objective type)
- Medium: English only
- Number of paper: 2 papers
- Paper I – Physics and Chemistry
- Paper II – Mathematics
- Duration: two and a half hour for each paper (150 minutes)
- Number of Question: 120 (for each paper)
- Maximum marks: 480
- Marking Scheme: correct response yields 4 marks, incorrect response leads to deduction of 1 mark
Section-wise distribution of Questions
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I – Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
|Paper II – Mathematics||120||480|
KEAM Preparation Tips 2020
After deciding to appear for KEAM 2020, candidates must start with the preparation. Being a competitive level exam candidates must start with the KEAM 2020 preparation as soon as the decision to appear is made. According to many qualified test takers, candidates must have a proper plan for preparation. Some tips to prepare for KEAM 2020 are as follows:
- Know the details: As the initial step for the KEAM preparation candidates are required to know the details of the examination. Details of examination include knowing the exam pattern and the syllabus for KEAM 2020. Candidates can start preparing considering the details of the exam.
- Make a plan: After having the complete knowledge of the KEAM exam pattern and syllabus, they can plan according to their capability in each of the topics included in the syllabus considering the weightage of every section. The preparation strategy for the exam will be different for every test taker, as every candidate will face difficulty in different topics.
- Study material: After the candidates have a plan and know the syllabus, they must accumulate books recommended by the toppers and faculty for the studying part in the preparation process. Study material includes important books which cover the syllabus for KEAM 2020
- Studying: Candidates must study as per the syllabus from the study material as per the strategy. Candidates must make sure to cover all the topics in the syllabus.
- Creation of short notes: While studying for the KEAM 2020, candidates must make notes for every topic they study. Creating short notes will help in the revision. Revision of every topic is necessary, hence the candidates must make short notes for every topic.
- Practice past question papers: After completion of studying as per the syllabus, candidates must practice from the past year question papers for KEAM. The past year question paper will help the candidate in knowing the important topics for KEAM exam.
- Stay Healthy and take breaks: While preparing for KEAM, candidates must take adequate amount of breaks. This will lead to not quitting the plan due to frustration from the tight schedule. Also, candidates must have a healthy lifestyle to stay fit and not fall sick while preparation. Marking these steps ensures not quitting the plan for KEAM preparation.
- Revision: As the last step of the KEAM preparation, candidates are required to revise every topic they studied. Candidates must check the topics in the syllabus while revising to ensure that they haven’t missed any topic while preparing for KEAM.
Books Recommended for KEAM 2020 Preparation
Candidates must have proper study material to study for KEAM 2020. The study material for KEAM 2020 will include books recommended by faculty and the toppers of the past year. Candidates must buy these books and start studying for KEAM 2020. The list of the book is mentioned below:
Books to buy for Physics preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick, and Walker|
|Concept of Physics Volume 1 & 2||HC Verma|
|Objective Physics||Arihant Publications|
|Understanding Physics Series||D.C Pandey|
Books to buy for Chemistry preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Class 12th NCERT Chemistry Part I||NCERT|
|Class 12th NCERT Chemistry Part II||NCERT|
|Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Ranjit Shahi|
Books to buy for Mathematics preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Class 12th NCERT Mathematics Part I||NCERT|
|Class 12th NCERT Mathematics Part II||NCERT|
|Complete Mathematics||MC Graw Hills|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D. Sharma|
All in one books to buy for KEAM preparation
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Engineering Entrance Question Bank 2019 for JEE and Kerala||AC Martin|
|15 Year’s Solved Papers Kerala CEE Engineering Entrance Exam||Arihant Experts|
KEAM Syllabus 2020
Along with the exam pattern, candidates should go through the KEAM syllabus. Candidates need to complete the preparation according to the syllabus in order to qualify the examination. The KEAM exam is divided into two papers from three different subjects. The KEAM syllabus for every part is mentioned below:
Syllabus for Physics
|1||Introduction & Measurement|
|2||Laws of Motion|
|8||Description of Motion in One Dimension|
|9||Work, Energy & Power|
|10||Mechanics of Solids & Fluids|
|12||Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism|
|14||Solids & Semiconductor Devices|
|15||Description of Motion in Two & Three Dimension|
|16||Motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body Rotation|
|17||Heat & Thermodynamics|
|19||EMI & Alternating Current|
|20||Dual Nature of Matter & Radiations|
|21||Principles of Communications|
Syllabus for Chemistry
|1||Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure|
|2||Periodic Properties of Elements & Hydrogen|
|3||D-Block & F-Block Elements|
|7||Organic Compounds With Functional Groups Containing Halogens|
|8||Polymers & Biomolecules|
|9||Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|10||S-Block Elements & Principles of Metallurgy|
|12||Redox Reaction & Electrochemistry|
|13||Coordination Compounds & Organometallics|
|14||Organic Reaction Mechanism|
|15||Organic Compounds With Functional Groups Containing Oxygen|
|16||Environmental Chemistry & Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|17||States of Matter|
|21||Basics Principles, Purification & Characterization of Organic Compounds|
|23||Organic Compounds With Functional Groups Containing Nitrogen|
Syllabus for Mathematics
|1||Sets, Relation & Functions|
|2||Sequence & Series|
|4||Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates|
|6||Statistics & Probability|
|7||Application of Derivatives|
|10||Permutations, Combinations and Binomial Theorem & Mathematical Induction|
|11||Mathematical Logic & Boolean Algebra|
|12||Lines & Family of Lines|
|14||Functions, Limits & Continuity|
|17||Matrices & Determinants|
|18||Trigonometric Functions & Inverse Trigonometric Functions|
|19||Circles & Family of Circles|
KEAM Answer Key 2020
After a few days of the KEAM 2020, CEE will release the official answer keys for the paper I as well as paper II. Candidates can raise objections against the KEAM 2020 answer key by payment of a requisite fee. Candidates need to attach the supporting documents for their claim for the answer they are raising objections against. If the objection raised is found genuine, the fee paid for the specific objectives will be refunded to the candidate.
Considering the objections by the candidate, necessary changes will be made by the officials. The answer key with revised answers will be released, this is called the final answer key for KEAM. Officials will use the final answer key and the marking scheme to evaluate the KEAM score.
KEAM Result 2020
Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala will release the score of the KEAM 2020 over the official website (cee.kerala.gov.in). Candidates can check the KEAM 2020 result in an online mode only, no other mode of the declaration of result is available. Candidates need to log in using the credentials to check the KEAM result.
Candidates will have to submit the 10+2 score also. A rank list will be prepared considering the score in KEAM and 10+2 score. Candidates will be allotted ranks and based on these ranks candidates will be called for counselling rounds.
Tie-breaking criteria for Rank list preparation
- Candidates scoring higher marks in the mathematics paper of KEAM 2020 will be placed higher in the rank list.
- If the tie still persists, candidates with higher marks in the physics section of the paper I of KEAM 2020 will be allotted a higher rank.
- Candidates with higher standardized marks in mathematics in the qualifying exam will be placed at a better rank if the tie still persists.
- Candidates with higher standardized marks in physics in the qualifying exam will be placed at a better rank if the tie still persists.
- In the end, if the tie isn’t resolved yet, the candidate who is older will be placed higher in the rank list.
KEAM Cutoff 2020
CEE will prepare the cutoff for KEAM 2020. A pdf is generated for the KEAM Cutoff. Candidates need to check the score of the KEAM 2020 and then check the rank list for appearing in the counselling process. Every round of counselling will have a separate cutoff list for allotment of seats to the candidate.
The pdf will have category wise last rank to appear for the allotment round. Candidates must check their category and rank as per the KEAM rank list and appear for the allotment round as per the schedule.
KEAM Reservation Criteria
CEE reserves seats for candidates belonging to a specific category. Candidates having the reservation will have a lower cutoff. Candidates can check the category wise percentage of reservation from the table below.
Seat Reservation for admission through KEAM
|State Merit (SM)||60%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||30%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%|
KEAM 2020 Counselling
Candidates who have been selected as per the merit list have to appear in KEAM counselling process. The counselling is done in an online mode only. CEE will conduct online centralized counselling for allotment of seats. Counselling is conducted in multiple rounds. The allotment seats in KEAM is done via the centralized allotments process.
Candidates are required to fill the online choices of colleges and courses. Seats will be allotted to candidates based on the scores and choices filled by them. Allotment results for admission through KEAM will be displayed in online mode over the official website of CEE.
KEAM Participating Institutes 2020
Candidates appearing for KEAM can get admission into government and private institutes in the state of Kerala. During the counselling process, candidates need to make a choice regarding courses and colleges. Candidates can check the list of government institutes below.
- Government Engineering College, Idukki
- Government Engineering College, Kozhikode
- Government College of Engineering, Kannur
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam
- Government Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad
- Government Engineering College, Thrissur
- Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Trivandrum
- College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government Engineering College, Wayanad
- Mar Athanasius College of Engineering
- N.S.S. College of Engineering, Palakkad
- T.K.M. College of Engineering
- Kelappaji College of Agril. Engineering & Technology, Tavanur, Malappuram
- College of Dairy Science & Technology, Mannuthy, Thrissur
- College of Dairy Science & Technology, Wayanad
- College of Dairy Science & Technology, Vithura, Trivandrum
- College of Food Technology
- College of Engineering, Adoor
- College of Engineering, Attingal
- College of Engineering, Cherthala
- College of Engineering, Kottarakkara
- College of Engineering, Chengannur
- College of Engineering Karunagappally
- Model Engineering College
- College of Engineering, Poonjar
- College of Engineering, Kallooppara
- LBS College of Engineering, Kasaragod
- LBS Institute of Technology for Women
- College of Engineering, Kidangoor
- College of Engineering, Perumon, Kollam
- College of Engineering & Management, Punnapra, Alappuzha
- College of Engineering, Trikaripur, Kasaragod
- College of Engineering, Thalassery, Kannur
- Co-operative Institute of Technology, Vatakara, Kozhikode
- College of Engineering, Pathanapuram, Kollam
- College of Engineering, Aranmula
- Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering
- University College of Engineering, Thodupuzha, Idukki
- University College of Engineering, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram
- Calicut University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Tenhipalam, Malappuram
- College of Engineering, Munnar, Idukki
KEAM 2020 – FAQs
Q1. Who conducts the KEAM?
A1. KEAM is conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala.
Q2. Can a candidate fill the KEAM application form in an offline mode?
A2. No, the application form for KEAM is available in an online mode over the official website of CEE only.
Q3. Is KEAM difficult as compared to JEE Main?
A3. No, KEAM is easier as compared to JEE Main, as JEE Main is accepted by nationwide institutes, whereas, KEAM is only accepted by the institutes of Kerala state.
Q4. What is the mode of KEAM?
A4. KEAM is conducted in an offline mode only. The OMR sheet will be used to mark the answer in the exam.
Q5. Is there any negative marking in KEAM?
A5. Yes, KEAM has negative marking for incorrect responses marked by the candidate. A negative marking of 1 mark is applicable for KEAM. However, no negative marks will be marked for the unattempted questions.
Q6. What is the standard of the KEAM exam?
A6. CEE sets the question paper of KEAM with a standard that of higher secondary examination or equivalent examination.
We hope this article on KEAM notification helps you. If you have any feedback or query us, feel free to post a comment below given box. We will get back to you to clear your queries.376 Views