KEAM Rank List 2020: The Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala has released KEAM 2020 rank list on the official website – cee.kerala.gov.in. The officials of CEE has released the KEAM rank list on 24th September 2020. In order to check and download the rank list, candidates must log in to their account using the application number and password. The KEAM 2020 Rank List has been released online by the Higher Education Minister KT Jaleel. A total of 13 girls and 87 boys made it into the top 100.
Candidates could verify their +2 marks for the preparation of Kerala EAM Rank list till 19th September. The online submission of marks was open from September 3 to 14. Students who did not submit the marks were not be considered for the rank list preparation.
The rank list is prepared based on KEAM score and 10+2 level score with 50:50 weightage given to them. CEE has released the KEAM result on September 9, 2020. Check here all the details on KEAM 2020 rank list including, allotment of rank, tie-breaking criteria, and more.
KEAM Rank List 2020
KEAM 2020 rank list will be used for the seat allotment (as per the ranks of the candidate in the rank list) during the counselling process. Candidates must be aware of the schedule of KEAM 2020 in order to check the rank list on time and appear for the counselling process. The table below depicts the same:
Important Dates for KEAM Merit List 2020
|KEAM 2020 Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry)||16th July 2020 (Forenoon)|
|KEAM 2020 Paper-II (Mathematics)||16th July 2020 (Afternoon)|
|Availability of KEAM Answer Key||17th July 2020|
|Declaration of KEAM Result 2020||9th September 2020|
|Release of Kerala EAM 2020 Rank List||24th September 2020|
|KEAM Counselling||To be Announced|
How To Check KEAM Rank List 2020?
Candidates can download the rank list from the official website. The rank list will be compiled by giving equal weightage to the score of 10+2 level exam and KEAM. Candidates need to follow the steps as under to check the Kerala EAM 2020 rank list:
- – 1st Step – Visit the official website of Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala – cee.kerala.org.
- – 2nd Step – From the left corner of the home page, click on the link for KEAM.
- – 3rd Step – In the opened window select the year of KEAM to check the rank list.
- – 4th Step – Click on the result link from the opened window.
- – 5th Step – Click on the relevant link for the engineering course rank list.
Preparation Of KEAM 2020 Merit List/Rank List
The Commissioner of Entrance Examination prepares the KEAM merit list for the KEAM examination. The rank list is prepared by giving equal weightage to the KEAM score and 10+2 level exam score. Candidates must know about how the score in the KEAM exam is calculated.
Marking Scheme for KEAM 2020
In order to calculate the KEAM score, candidates must know the marking scheme. For every correct response, 4 marks are provided and 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect response.
The rank list preparation includes the following points
- Marks of KEAM 2020 and 10+2 marks will be considered.
- 50:50 weightage is given to each of 10+2 level marks and KEAM 2020 for the final score calculation.
- Ranks to the candidates are allotted considering the final score.
How To Submit 10+2 Marks For KEAM Merit List Preparation?
Candidates can check the steps required to submit 10+2 marks for the eventual preparation of KEAM 2020 rank list.
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of KEAM 2020 – cee.kerala.gov.in.
- – 2nd Step: Login into the candidate portal using the application number and password.
- – 3rd Step: Click on “Marks Submission for Engineering” in the login window.
- – 4th Step: Candidates can check the score here if the score matches the 10+2 mark sheet then the candidates are not required to do anything. However, if the score is different, enter the correct score using the “change” tab and upload the scanned copy of the mark sheet.
- – 5th Step: Click on the submit button.
- – 6th Step: Print the “Marks Submission Confirmation Report” for future references.
Note: This stage is over.
Details Mentioned On KEAM Merit List 2020
The following details will be mentioned in the KEAM rank list.
- Serial Number
- Application Number
- Rank of the Candidate
Category wise rank list for KEAM 2020 is released on the official website of the Commissioner of Entrance Examination.
Qualifying Marks For KEAM 2020 Rank List
- Candidates must secure at least 10 marks in each paper – Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry) and Paper 2 (Mathematics) to be able to make it to the KEAM rank list.
- Candidates who do not obtain the score equal to the KEAM cut off marks, their names will not be included in the rank list.
- There are no minimum marks to be obtained for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories. However, they will have to answer at least one question from each paper, or else they will be disqualified.
Tie-Breaking Criteria For KEAM 2020
Equal weightage is given to the 10+2 scores and KEAM 2020 score to prepare the merit list. There can be a scenario where two or more candidates arrive at the same score upon compilation. In order to break the tie, CEE has a set of criteria. Breaking the tie is necessary as the allotment is done based on the ranks of the candidate. Candidates can check the tie-breaking criteria for KEAM 2020 here:
- Candidate with higher marks in the Mathematics section of KEAM is placed higher in the rank list.
- If it doesn’t break the tie, the candidate with more marks in Physics is given the preference.
- If the tie still persists, the candidate with higher standardized marks in Mathematics in the qualifying exam will be placed at a better rank position.
- Candidate with higher standardized marks in Physics subject of the qualifying exam will be placed at a better rank position if the situation of the tie is not mended.
- At last, if the tie still prevails, the candidate who is older in age is placed higher in the rank list.
Previous Years KEAM Rank List
KEAM Previous Years Merit List
|Category List||Click Here|
|Revised Category List||Click Here|
|KEAM 2019 Merit List||Click Here|
|Provisional Category-wise rank list 2018||Click Here|
|KEAM 2017 Merit List||Click Here|
FAQs on KEAM Rank Card 2020
Given below are some of the frequently asked questions on KEAM 2020 Rank List:
A1. The rank list has been released on the official website of CEE.
A2. CEE, Kerala uses the 50:50 ratio for KEAM score and 10+2 marks.
A3. The rank list consists of the serial number, application number, and the rank allotted to the respective applicant.
We hope the detailed article on KEAM Rank List is helpful. If you have any doubts regarding this article or the exam in general, drop your comments below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned embibe.com for the latest news and updates on KEAM 2020!!63 Views