KEAM Rank List 2020 – Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala releases the KEAM rank list on the official website (cee.kerala.gov.in). The rank list or the merit list for KEAM 2020 is released separately for all the courses. Initially, CEE releases the KEAM result 2020, after which the KEAM rank list is released. KEAM rank list is prepared with a 50:50 ratio of KEAM score and 10+2 level score. Candidates are required to submit the 10+2 level score over the official login portal available at cee.kerala.gov.in. Check here all the details on KEAM rank list 2020 including, allotment of rank, tie-breaking criteria, details available on the rank list and more.
KEAM Rank List 2020 – Important Dates
KEAM rank list will be used for the seat allotment as per the ranks of the candidate in the rank list during the counselling process. Candidates need to know the schedule regarding the KEAM rank list in order to check the same and appear for the counselling process. The table below depicts the same.
Important Dates on KEAM Rank List 2020
|KEAM 2020 Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry)||April 20 2020 [10 AM to 12:30 PM]|
|KEAM 2020 Paper-II (Mathematics)||April 21, 2020 [10 AM to 12:30 PM]|
|Availability of answer key||First week of May 2020|
|Result of KEAM 2020||Third week of May 2020|
|Release of KEAM 2020 Rank List||Second week of June 2020|
|Counselling||From Second week of June 2020|
How to Check KEAM Rank List 2020?
After the release of the result, candidates will get the rank on the official website. The rank list has been compiled by giving equal weightage to the score of 10+2 level exam and KEAM. Candidates need to follow certain steps to check the KEAM 2020 rank list. The steps to be followed are given below.
Step 1 – Visit the official website of Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala (cee.kerala.gov.in)
Step 2 – In the left corner of the home page click on the link for KEAM
Step 3 – In the opened window select the year of KEAM to check the rank list
Step 4 – Click on the result link from the opened window.
Step 5 – Click on the relevant link for the engineering course rank list.
Preparation of KEAM Rank List
The Commissioner of Entrance Examination prepares the rank list for the KEAM examination. The KEAM rank list is prepared by giving equal weightage to the KEAM score and 10+2 level exam score. Candidates are required to submit the 12th class marks in the portal available at the official website. Candidates must know about how the score in the KEAM exam is calculated.
Marking scheme for KEAM 2020
In order to calculate the KEAM score, candidates must know the marking scheme. For each correct response, 4 marks are provided and 1 marks is deducted for each incorrect response.
The rank list preparation includes the following points
- Marks of KEAM 2020 and 10+2 marks will be considered
- 50:50 weightage is given to both 10+2 level marks and KEAM 2020 for the final score calculation
- Ranks to the candidates are allotted considering the final score
How to submit 10+2 marks for KEAM Rank List Preparation?
As already discussed, the candidates are required to submit the 10+2 score in the window available at the official website of CEE, Kerala (cee.kerala.gov.in). Candidates can check here the steps required to submit 10+2 marks for the eventual preparation of KEAM rank list.
- Visit the official website of KEAM 2020 (cee.kerala.gov.in or cee.kerala.org)
- Login at the candidate portal using the registration number and password
- Click on ‘Marks Submission for Engineering’ tab in the login window
- Candidates can check the score here if the score matches the 10+2 mark sheet then the candidates are not required to do anything, if the score is different enter the correct score using the ‘change’ tab and upload the scanned copy of the mark sheet.
- Click on the submit button
- Print the ‘Marks Submission Confirmation Report’ for future references
Details on the KEAM Rank List 2020
When the candidates check the rank list pdf from the official website, they will see multiple details. Candidates must be aware of the details on the KEAM rank list so that they can easily find rank in the pdf file.. The following details appear in the KEAM rank list.
- Serial Number
- Application number
- Rank of the candidate
Candidates must note that the rank list for KEAM is released for different courses separately, also, category wise rank list for KEAM is released on the official website of Commissioner of Entrance Examination.
Tie-Breaking Criteria for KEAM 2020
As already discussed, equal weightage is given to the 10+2 scores as well as to KEAM 2020 score, thus, there can be a case when two or more candidates arrive at the same score on the compilation. In order to break the tie, CEE has a set of hierarchy to be followed. Breaking the tie is necessary as the allotment is done based on the ranks of the candidate. Candidates can check the tie-breaking criteria for KEAM 2020 here.
- Candidates with higher marks in the Mathematics section of KEAM are placed higher in the rank list.
- If following the above step doesn’t break the tie, candidates with more marks in Physics is given the preference
- If the tie still persists, candidates with higher standardized marks in mathematics in the qualifying exam will be placed at a better rank position.
- Candidates with higher standardized marks in physics subject of the qualifying exam will be placed at a better rank position if the situation of the tie is not mended
- At last, if the tie still prevails, the candidate who is older in age are placed higher in the KEAM rank list
FAQ’s KEAM Rank List
Q1. Where will the KEAM rank list be released?
A1. KEAM rank list releases on the official website of CEE, Kerala, that is, cee.kerala.gov.in or cee.kerala.org
Q2. What is the weightage of KEAM score and 10+2 marks while preparing the rank list?
A2. Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala uses the 50:50 ratio for KEAM score and 10+2 marks
Q3. What are the details printed on the KEAM rank list for engineering?
A3. The KEAM rank list will consist of the serial number, application number and the rank allotted to the respective applicant
Stay tuned embibe.com for latest news and updates on KEAM rank list 20205 Views