Best Books for MHT CET 2021 Preparation – Each year around 4-5 lakhs students appear for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET). The MHT CET exam is one of the popular entrance exams in India for admissions into engineering courses. For effective exam preparation and to beat the competition, a candidate must follow and learn from the best books for MHT CET 2021 Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
The MHT CET 2021 exam will be held in Computer-based test (CBT) mode. The exam dates of MHT CET 2021 have been revised. As per the latest exam schedule, the MHT CET exam will be conducted from Septemebr 20 to October 1, 2021. Earlier, the exam was supposed to be held in 2 phases – September 4-10, 2021 and September 14-20, 2021. MHT CET is known as an exam with a higher difficulty level, so with the best MHT CET books, candidates must also solve MHT CET sample papers and mock test to prepare for the exam. Here, we are providing the same details for your reference. This article will be helpful for you in choosing the best MHT CET books 2021 which can drive your preparation strategy in the right direction.
Latest- MHT CET 2021 Admit Card Released!
Best MHT CET Books 2021 – Exam Overview
|Name of the Exam||MHT CET (Engineering)|
|Conducting Body||The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra|
|Level of Exam||State Level Exam|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a year|
|Exam Date||September 20 – October 1, 2021|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes for each paper|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Type Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology)|
MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
Before you move forward, let us see the way MHT CET marks are defined. It will be useful for you in understanding the exam and focus on the right section first.
|Subject||Approx questions from|
|Approx questions from|
|Marks per question||Total marks||Duration in minutes|
|Mathematics||10||40||2 marks||100||90 minutes|
|Chemistry||10||40||1 mark||50||45 minutes|
|Physics||10||40||1 mark||50||45 minutes|
|10||40||1 mark||50||45 minutes|
Best Books for MHT CET 2021 – Explanation of the Books
Here we are providing you with the section-wise explanations and the respective books for them. These books are recommended by the expert faculties and the toppers of the exam. Moreover, the books are available on various online marketplaces for the students to purchase. Check further for detailed information on the best books for MHT CET 2021 for all the subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology.
Best MHT CET Books for Physics 2021
The MHT CET Exam syllabus will have a weightage of Class XI and Class XII both. As per the details shared by the official website, each part will be divided into 10%+90% of the weightage.
- NCERT Physics Textbook for class 11 and 12
- Concepts of Physics (Volume I and II) by H.C. Verma
- MHT CET Physics by Bapat (Marvel Publication)
- MHT-CET Triumph Physics MCQ (Target Publication)
- Complete Reference Manual MH-CET Physics M.K. Dikshit (Arihant Publication)
- MCQ Physics for MHT CET by Bapat (Marvel Publication)
Best MHT CET Books for Chemistry 2021
Same as Chemistry, this section will also consist of the weightage of 10%+90% of the syllabus. MHT CET exam is highly based on class 12 syllabus (40 out of 50 questions from class 12) The books mentioned here are suggested by the experts and the toppers of the exams. You can find various sources to approve the same for your reference.
- NCERT Chemistry Class 11 and 12 Text Book
- MHT CET Triumph Chemistry MCQs (Target Publication)
- Complete Reference Manual MH-CET Chemistry (Arihant Publication)
- Chemistry for MHT CET (MCQ) by Mayur Mehta and Chitra Joshi (Marvel Publication)
Best MHT CET Books for Maths 2021
Here, we have shortlisted some MH CET 2021 best books for the Mathematics section. It is a comprehensive study material for your MHT CET Preparation 2021.
- NCERT Mathematics Text Books for Class 11 and 12
- MCQ Mathematics for MHT CET by Hemant G. Ainapure (Marvel Publication)
- Complete Reference Manual MH-CET Mathematics by Sushil Verma (Arihant Publication)
- Pradnya’s Objective Mathematics by C.S. Patil (Nikita Publication)
Best MHT CET Books for Biology 2021
The biology section is divided into two parts, Botany and Zoology. As the name suggests, each section will have 50-50 sections included in the exam paper. It is mandatory for you to prepare for them as per the tips shared by the toppers and the experts. For your reference, here we have shortlisted some best books which can be helpful for your preparation for the MHT CET 2021 biology exam.
- Objective MHT CET Biology by Nikhil Srivastava (MTG Publication)
- Biology (MCQ) MHT CET by Dr. K. Shankaran & Devki Rama Devi (Marvel Publication)
- MHT CET prep guide Biology (Arihant Publication)
Important Chapters and Topics of MHT CET 2021
Now that you have known about the best MHT CET preparation books 2021, the next thing a candidate should be aware of is the important MHT CET chapters and topics to score good marks in the entrance test. Important topics should be paid more attention while studying, and one must not skip the remaining topics as per the official syllabus of MHT CET 2021. Our experts have curated some important chapters for MHT CET exam in the table below.
|Mathematics||Integration Trigonometry |
Limits, Continuity and Differentiability
|Physics||Kinetic Theory of Gases and radiation |
Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
Magnetic Effects of Current
d-Block and f-Block elements
Alcohol, Phenol, Ether
MHT CET 2021 Preparation Tips
To score excellent marks in the MHT CET 2021 and secure a seat in one of the top Maharashtra Engineering college, candidates must follow the below-mentioned tips for MHT CET 2021.
- Knowledge of complete MHT CET Syllabus – Candidates must study the chapters and topics after knowing the syllabus of MHT CET 2021.
- Create a Study Timetable – Studying as per schedule and allot appropriate time for important topics. Segregate the topics as per the weightage and study them as per the schedule. Also prepare a revision schedule to revisit the learned topics.
- Practice MHT CET mock test – A student must practice mock test after completing the syllabus to experience the exam like environment. It also help in knowing one’s common mistakes and weak topics. Practicing MHT CET mock test papers will also help in time management skills.
- Regular Revision – To avoid confusion during the exam, a comprehensive revision of the topics is necessary. Do revision of the topics studied at regular intervals.
FAQs on Best Books for MHT CET 2021
Q1: What is the marking scheme of MHT CET 2021?
Ans: As per the MHT CET 2021 marking scheme, 2 marks will be allotted for each correct answer in the Mathematics section. In the Physics and Chemistry section, 1 mark will be added for each correct response. There is no negative marking scheme in the MHT CET exam.
Q2: Can I attempt both Mathematics and Biology section in MHT CET exam?
Ans: No, the students will have the option to choose either Mathematics or Biology group. They cannot choose Biology and Mathematics both for the examination.
Q3: How to prepare for MHTCET 2021 exam?
Ans: Candidates can refer MHT CET books mentioned above in this article. Attempting MHT CET previous years question papers, and Mock Tests will help to know the type of questions asked in the exam.
Q4: Are NCERT books enough for MHT CET?
Ans: MHT CET syllabus is similar to that of the board exam, JEE and NEET; therefore, NCERT books can prove to be useful in the exam. However, candidates can also refer to some books from other publications for a variety of questions.
As you know that MHT CET is one of the toughest exams in India, it is also a good opportunity of securing admissions into top colleges. Moreover, it is advised to make the decision after thinking properly as it will require good preparation for cracking the MHT CET Exam. Also, it will be beneficial for you to read toppers tips, attempt mock tests, and solve previous year question papers. You can also choose the books including the sample papers and questions based on the exam trends. It will be helpful for you in memorizing the important formulas and concepts of solving the questions. Moreover, you will also improve your problem-solving speed.
We hope that our article on Best Books for MHT CET was useful for you. If you have any query or feedback to share with us, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you within a very short time. Embibe wishes you all the very best for your exams and other future endeavors.834 Views